Ursula grudge match live now!

I do have Hector, and he helped get the first mission....

But not I have to figure out how to deal with killing Ursula with Anna (Rather not bother with 9-Lunatic's stamina costs, but she is level 38 at 4*), and then keeping the 4-star Ursula I promoted alive in the lunatic version. Hector's not level 40 yet after all....

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can confirm I just killed Ursula on 9-3 Normal with my lvl 15 2* Anna for the quest, so that works perfectly fine. Relived I didn't have to go and train her up just for this quest instead.

Edited by Alkaid

Killed Ursula with surprising ease on Hard with a level 26 3* Anna 

But I can not figure out Ursula's map on Lunatic. I'm certain I have a crosssection of units that will work, I'm just not seeing it and I keep trying basically the same strategy to constant failure. Think someone could help out based on my roster? Everything below the 1 stars is just 3 star chaff, I'll need to check banes/boons as they matter.

Screenshot_2017-05-10-18-49-43.png

Screenshot_2017-05-10-18-49-51.png

Screenshot_2017-05-10-18-50-03.png

Screenshot_2017-05-10-18-50-16.png

Edited by r_n

For 9-3 Lunatic i just used Nino, Olivia, Ursula and Xander.

Xander is just mainly there to kill green cavalier. First turn i dance Nino to attack the armour on the right. This makes everyone move.

i then use Ursula to take out red swordie. Nino attacks Ursula but doesn't kill. After a dance, my Ursula can kill enemy Ursula. Xander obliterates green mage. After that it's basically cleaning out the left armour with a mage.

@r_n you can use my strategy and just replace Xander with Eldigan and Olivia with Azura

edit: or did you mean the GHB lunatic?

Edited by mcsilas

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

For 9-3 Lunatic i just used Nino, Olivia, Ursula and Xander.

Xander is just mainly there to kill green cavalier. First turn i dance Nino to attack the armour on the right. This makes everyone move.

i then use Ursula to take out red swordie. Nino attacks Ursula but doesn't kill. After a dance, my Ursula can kill enemy Ursula. Xander obliterates green mage. After that it's basically cleaning out the left armour with a mage.

@r_n you can use my strategy and just replace Xander with Eldigan and Olivia with Azura

edit: or did you mean the GHB lunatic?

Yeah GHB lunatic. I'm not worried about getting the kill, I can always use 9-3 for that, but I still need to beat it for both the orb & the 4 star ursula I never got the first time around. Last time I settled for earning the 3 star and upgrading her.

Ok i think you can try Eldigan, Azura, Nino and Anna/Ursula. Basically make Eldigan bait the thieves- go down first turn. Make sure Azura is one space above Eldigan, have Nino next to Azura while Anna/Ursula stays above your dancer.

red swordie will use Draw Back after the thief attacks. Now make Eldigan move up (below Azura) then dance him so he goes to the top of the map to bait the other thief. You can use Nino to attack the armour but make sure not to kill him yet (this way the thief goes after Eldigan and not Nino). Ursula then attacks Nino who shrugs off Blarwolf fine.

After Ursula is dealt with, you basically just need to clean up with Eldigan. Make him move down, then dance him so he attacks the axe knight. Move Nino to the left below Azura just to be safe from teleporting thieves. Everything should be easier after Ursula is dealt with. Haven't used Eldigan though so not sure how he will deal with the red swordie and his Threaten skill but if you have Ursula maybe she can take it out. Just make sure you're wary of the thieve's attack range.

7 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Ok i think you can try Eldigan, Azura, Nino and Anna/Ursula. Basically make Eldigan bait the thieves- go down first turn. Make sure Azura is one space above Eldigan, have Nino next to Azura while Anna/Ursula stays above your dancer.

red swordie will use Draw Back after the thief attacks. Now make Eldigan move up (below Azura) then dance him so he goes to the top of the map to bait the other thief. You can use Nino to attack the armour but make sure not to kill him yet (this way the thief goes after Eldigan and not Nino). Ursula then attacks Nino who shrugs off Blarwolf fine.

After Ursula is dealt with, you basically just need to clean up with Eldigan. Make him move down, then dance him so he attacks the axe knight. Move Nino to the left below Azura just to be safe from teleporting thieves. Everything should be easier after Ursula is dealt with. Haven't used Eldigan though so not sure how he will deal with the red swordie and his Threaten skill but if you have Ursula maybe she can take it out. Just make sure you're wary of the thieve's attack range.

Unfortunately, my Nino is 31 speed and can't OHKO Ursula, meaning the wing of mercy armor swoops in and kills her.

Hmmm, might just eat the feathers and prep a Robin-F to 4 star to give nino the blue tome breaker line, I suppose.

2 minutes ago, r_n said:

Unfortunately, my Nino is 31 speed and can't OHKO Ursula, meaning the wing of mercy armor swoops in and kills her.

Hmmm, might just eat the feathers and prep a Robin-F to 4 star to give nino the blue tome breaker line, I suppose.

Oh wait! Didn't see your female Robin!

Just use her! 

I used a 3 star version and was fine. Her main job is just to kill Ursula anyway. Chip armour damage is a bonus

Edited by mcsilas

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Oh wait! Didn't see your female Robin!

Just use her! 

I used a 3 star version and was fine. Her main job is just to kill Ursula anyway. Chip armour damage is a bonus

lmao i was seriously just "ah...such a waste of feathers while saving for rein" and hten went WAIT

I HAVE ROBIN-F, WITH HER TOME BREAKER

Yeah Robin F was the game changer. I did exactly what you said up through killing Ursula, then had Elidgan  wrap up everything else. He still blocked the ninjas, used his special to help kill the armor after robin weakened it, then Ursula helped finish off the  cavalier. Eldigan blocks the northern ninja, then kills the lower ninja instantly

Thanks! I almost never think about the defensive strategies and overlooked that Eldigan nosells the ninjas and has the power ot handle the rest.

7 minutes ago, r_n said:

lmao i was seriously just "ah...such a waste of feathers while saving for rein" and hten went WAIT

I HAVE ROBIN-F, WITH HER TOME BREAKER

Yeah Robin F was the game changer. I did exactly what you said up through killing Ursula, then had Elidgan  wrap up everything else. He still blocked the ninjas, used his special to help kill the armor after robin weakened it, then Ursula helped finish off the  cavalier. Eldigan blocks the northern ninja, then kills the lower ninja instantly

Thanks! I almost never think about the defensive strategies and overlooked that Eldigan nosells the ninjas and has the power ot handle the rest.

No problem, lucky you have Eldigan- i didn't have a good sword cavalry which was why I trained Xander asap last week. Good thing he was ready in time for the surprise Ursula GHB.

having cavalry is really useful for this map. i used Frederick in the original GHB and his 33 Defense just shrugged off daggers while Robin countered Ursula. Just needed someone to take care of the swordie which was Catria in the end, then Frederick just mopped up.

Because of the Anna/Ursula requirement I couldn't exactly do that since a dancer is also needed so yeah, hooray for sword cavalry!

6 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

No problem, lucky you have Eldigan- i didn't have a good sword cavalry which was why I trained Xander asap last week. Good thing he was ready in time for the surprise Ursula GHB.

having cavalry is really useful for this map. i used Frederick in the original GHB and his 33 Defense just shrugged off daggers while Robin countered Ursula. Just needed someone to take care of the swordie which was Catria in the end, then Frederick just mopped up.

Because of the Anna/Ursula requirement I couldn't exactly do that since a dancer is also needed so yeah, hooray for sword cavalry!

I'm actually doubly lucky. My Eldigan is +Defense, which put a lot more of the calculations in his favor

Eldigan in general is so much more useful than I thought he'd be when I pulled him back during his banner; guy puts the work in real good even though he's -Attack.

13 hours ago, Wayward Alchemist said:

Was it just me or was this GHB a piece of cake compared to Xander? Maybe it's just my team, but jeez that was simple. Hector was pretty much a win button and I'm like 99% sure that the Red Cav is only there to be able to put a dent in Hector.

You just happen to have the one guy that completely cheeses this map, like how Reinhardt completely invalidates Zephiel, and Camilla just laughs at Narcian's map. Ursula's map, imo, is the most challenging (but fair) map thus far.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

6 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Hollering. 

Is it help with Ursula killing herself?

Cause you can do that on her story mode map if you want (Go to lunatic chapter 9-3 and you can do it easy peasy)!

Now Ursula being on your team while you do her Lunatic map will be a little tricky....

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Is it help with Ursula killing herself?

Cause you can do that on her story mode map if you want (Go to lunatic chapter 9-3 and you can do it easy peasy)!

Now Ursula being on your team while you do her Lunatic map will be a little tricky....

Both. :P I'll go 9-3 or something.

4 hours ago, Othin said:

f!Robin didn't, so I don't expect it.

Yeah, that was actually a bit sad, since now, her map was super easy with 4 lv40... it would have been cool if they added a new Lunatic difficulty

17 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Hollering. 

@LordFrigid @MaskedAmpharos @MrSmokestack

I'll have my spreadsheet back up in a bit. I'm updating it.

k, I'll be around, probably. Have to take care of some things, but I'll check in every now and again.

Out of curiosity, have you considered using Google Spreadsheets for your unit list? That's what I use for mine.

1 hour ago, Thor Odinson said:

wait why are you guys killing Ursula with Anna on Lunatic 9-3

Normal is fine, easy, and doesn't cost you 20+ stams

I did it just for kicks, but yeah, the Anna one doesn't require Lunatic.

Welp, Kagero's HP bane just bit my butt. She instantly dies to the Poison Dagger thieves who do exactly 29 damage to her which means the HP +3 seal won't help her. 26 HP as a 4*... 26! Still a cute dorky kunoichi, though. :p

So, baiting the thieves with her is out of the question. 3* Stahl with neutral defense and Def +2, takes 5x2 from the thieves, so he'll only be able to take 5 rounds before he's dead which excludes any damage he takes from the axe knight. Yeah, probably gonna have to use a 4* Stahl or more economically friendly to my feathers: 3* Xander or Eldigan with Swap. Eh, it's 2k feathers and the Voting Gauntlet's coming up. That and I wanted to use special map Stahl to get skills and stuff since +Def, -Spd 3* Stahl seems interesting for a wall build...

13 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Welp, Kagero's HP bane just bit my butt. She instantly dies to the Poison Dagger thieves who do exactly 29 damage to her which means the HP +3 seal won't help her. 26 HP as a 4*... 26! Still a cute dorky kunoichi, though. :p

How's your Sharena doing? A high-leveled enough 4* Sharena should be able to tank both Ursula and the Sword Cav iirc (edit: she'll need an atk buff or 2cd damage special to KO the Sword Cav at 4* though, she narrowly misses the KO with just the Atk +1 Seal), plus Fortify Def will give Kagero the durability to survive the 1st Thief. Does she (Kagero) have Vantage? Retribution + Vantage should let her take out the 2nd Thief if you don't have someone else to do that.

Edited by LordFrigid
Clarifications & such

27 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

How's your Sharena doing? A high-leveled enough 4* Sharena should be able to tank both Ursula and the Sword Cav iirc (edit: she'll need an atk buff or 2cd damage special to KO the Sword Cav at 4* though, she narrowly misses the KO with just the Atk +1 Seal), plus Fortify Def will give Kagero the durability to survive the 1st Thief. Does she (Kagero) have Vantage? Retribution + Vantage should let her take out the 2nd Thief if you don't have someone else to do that.

Sharena's still level 40.

As for Kagero, I just got her on the first summon of the ladies mages banner. That being said, 1.5 exp has allowed her to shoot up to level 37 very quickly, so she's not that far off being level 40. Daggerbreaker lets her avoid the thieves from following up since without it, she'll get doubled despite being +Spd. She'd need 35 speed which won't happen unless someone with Hone Speed is there or she's a 5*. Vantage would let her counter-kill all of them, but I'd need to give her Reciprocal Aid or something to swap with Stahl or Eldigan -- self damage from Fury.

The strategy I've been trying to see if I can replicate is nstyler's: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7aQ3Xc19BQ, which requires that I have a red cavalier with around 29 defense and Swap to bait, tank, and do everything, but kill Lunatic Ursula which is ally Ursula's job. Might be possible without Swap, but I'm not sure.

This would be much easier if I just went ahead and did the map normally (with Ursula being there). I think I could easily beat the Lunatic map normally with just Eldigan, F!Robin, and Subaki. F!Robin destroys Ursula, Eldigan takes care of the axe knight and one of the thieves, and Subaki takes care of the sword cavalier and the other thief. That's kind of how I beat it on normal way back, but with Gunter instead of Eldigan to take care of the axe knight and Palla who just hung out. But hey, if I can do this, I get to complete 3 things at once: beating Lunatic Ursula, completing Ursula kills Lunatic Ursula, and Ursula tags along for Lunatic Ursula.

Edited by Kaden

@Kaden Here was the strategy I used when this battle first came 'round, copied from the original GHB thread. Team was Kagero, Nino, Eirika, Sharena.

Spoiler

Kagero needs 46 combined HP/Def to survive one Thief hit, which is really all she needs.

1. General setup to ensure that Kagero got Sharena's Def buff.

2. Kagero dropped into the range of the bottom Thief. Made sure to have Nino in range of Sharena and Eirika buffs.  She killed him on the EP leaving her with 1 HP and Reprisal active.

3. Kagero and Eirika retreated 2 spaces away, and Nino went to the top left corner to take a hit from the other Thief. Sharena remained to tank out Ursula and the Red Cavalier, who she killed.

4. Sharena/Kagero combined powers to take down Ursula. Eirika Pivoted in front of Sharena so she wouldn't get slaughtered by the Axe Knight.

5. Everyone retreated while Nino got in position to finish off the Axe Knight.

6. Axe Knight died to the power of Gronnblade.

I imagine it would be possible to replicate this, or (edit: idk why I said replicate) do something similar, with Vantage Kagero, Ursula, Olivia, Sharena, but I'd have to try it to be sure. Edit 3: Shoot, just realized that with Vantage she doesn't have Daggerbreaker *headdesk*...miiight need to re-run numbers here. Can't believe I forgot that. Neutral Atk Kagero reaches 35 Atk at Lv. 40, which hits 39 with an Atk buff (Rally Atk Sharena yo), which hits 58 with effective damage, which perfectly OHKO's the Thieves.

Edit 2: Just saw the Setsuna comments you had a couple pages back, and I disagree with your assessment. Setsuna + Olivia is perfectly viable, and absolutely crushes both thieves. Think: Setsuna KO's the bottom thief on the EP, Steals Olivia's HP via Reciprocal Aid on the next PP, and gets danced into the top left corner to KO the top thief on the next EP. 4* Setsuna will want Sharena's Rally Attack for this strategy. It's basically the strategy I outlined to someone else on the original GHB thread...a slight variant of which ended up working. Also, I video'd the strat from that post (forgot about that, actually lol). The complication comes up if you're trying to do one of the quests that requires a certain character, instead of just going for completion, but I'm sure it's still possible in some way, shape, or form.

Also, I don't have any vantage fodder that I'm willing to part with, so I'll just train up a Kagero I have that already has it and do the test run. That'll probably happen tomorrow.

Someone comment so I can stop editing the living daylights out of this please D:

Edited by LordFrigid

2 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

k, I'll be around, probably. Have to take care of some things, but I'll check in every now and again.

Out of curiosity, have you considered using Google Spreadsheets for your unit list? That's what I use for mine.

Yes I have, but I just use regular ol' Excel. I'd have to remember my gmail :P

Also @Arcanite @MrSmokestack @MaskedAmpharos - its in my sig again