Kozaki Quest Thread

32 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Aether has Luna (or Sol) as a prerequisite, so you can't skip straight to Aether.

Okay, never mind then. Dude got all the skills for Lucina. That's a lot of SP grinding... I'm ~400 SP from getting Aether which for me is a lot when all that stamina could be used for the other untrained units.

Anyway,

33 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Struggling to clear Trial 5 on hard. Who do you think is the biggest threat on that map? I typically target Klein so Minerva wouldn't have to deal with him but I might switch to targeting the mages instead. Is that what you guys would do? (Oh and Minerva can't one shot Klein unfortunately. So it's not like that was going to work)

I view Klein as the biggest threat followed by either Julia, Sanaki, and then Hector. That's just me since Trial 1 reminded me that I still don't have a reliable Takumi or archer counter. You could try having someone with a Brave weapon to damage him for someone else to finish off which is how Mkv got rid of Klein. Having Drag Back can help move him and your units if needed. Just make sure Klein can move with your unit.

Itchybackside and yorotsruuu yorotsruuu baited Julia with Felicia allowing Palla to use Wings of Mercy to take out Julia and had Lloyd 2HKO Klein with Olivia's help.

Itchybackside's video: https://youtu.be/S-mij1mi7QA?t=524.

yorotsruuu yorotsruuu's: https://youtu.be/r-zvwJ_-Miw?t=407.

Just saw nstyler's video. She had 4* Hana kill everything: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjMpIG4Kf_0, with 2 Olivias', one 3* and one 4*, help and 3* Matthew's Hone Speed 2. Neutral 4* Hana with L&D2 has 38 speed which is more than enough to double Julia (30), Klein (32), and Hector (28). She can't double Sanaki without having at least 40 speed which Hone Speed 2 puts her over at 41 speed.

Edited by Kaden

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Do you have a Litrraven user that can bait Klein or a ranged Brave Bow+ user with Death Blow 3 (Klein, Takumi, Gordin, Jeorge, Virion) or Reinhardt (or anything else) that can one-round kill him?

Klein moves down the right fork instead of down the center, making him easy to pick off.

Oh yeah, I forgot my Reinhardt existed. Guess I'll give him a go.

Dammit Kozaki, why do you gotta have units that I want all in one same map?

38 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

That's Robin, not Klein. Klein needs to be +Spd to survive Sanaki because otherwise she will double him, and yours isn't +Spd, so he needs to be Sung out of there after killing Julia.

Robin will need the Attack +1 sacred seal, otherwise Sanaki will survive 2 hits and kill him back. EDIT: Wait a minute, your Robin is +Res? I think he'll survive Sanaki for a third round for the finish, but using Attack +1 is easier.

Oh, okay, I see now.

And yeah, that's definitely possible. I'd rather just go the Attack+1 route though.

I got nearly everything done, except Kozaki 5 on hard. I need to think what to do here, since Klein can kill Xander with no problem in enemy phase, but I don't have stamina right now. Welp, still lot of days to figure out!!

Everything else was done with Oboro, Takumi, Nino and Xander + Linde (she was in 2 hard maps).

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, okay, I see now.

And yeah, that's definitely possible. I'd rather just go the Attack+1 route though.

For Challenge 4, Nowi's going to be your biggest problem since you don't have a fast green unit with high Res. What nature is your Raven? Hopefully not -Atk.

Here's what I'm thinking:

Line-up is Raven, Ryoma, Reinhardt, and Azura, in that order. If Raven is +Spd, you don't need Ryoma since he's there to prevent Raven from being double attacked. If Raven is -Spd, Raven needs the Speed +1 seal to hit 30 Spd.

On first turn, move Azura down 2 square to be in Leo's range. Leave everyone else where they are.

On second turn, have Azura kill Leo. Nowi will spend her time spamming Rally Def on Lucina and Eirika as long as you stay out of her range, so use Azura and Reinhardt to pick off Lucina and Eirika (Reinhardt needs 2 rounds to kill Eirika). Keep everyone out of Nowi's range.

On the turn you kill the last non-Nowi unit, have Raven stand immediately outside her range with Ryoma next to him (preferably on the side directly opposite of Nowi) for Hone Spd 3 and Azura close enough to Sing for him. Nowi will charge at (probably) Ryoma on her turn, so hopefully she ends up in range to be hit by Raven's Threaten Def 2. Raven can now two-round kill Nowi with Azura to Sing for him.

9 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

For Challenge 4, Nowi's going to be your biggest problem since you don't have a fast green unit with high Res. What nature is your Raven? Hopefully not -Atk.

Here's what I'm thinking:

Line-up is Raven, Ryoma, Reinhardt, and Azura, in that order. If Raven is +Spd, you don't need Ryoma since he's there to prevent Raven from being double attacked. If Raven is -Spd, Raven needs the Speed +1 seal to hit 30 Spd.

On first turn, move Azura down 2 square to be in Leo's range. Leave everyone else where they are.

On second turn, have Azura kill Leo. Nowi will spend her time spamming Rally Def on Lucina and Eirika as long as you stay out of her range, so use Azura and Reinhardt to pick off Lucina and Eirika (Reinhardt needs 2 rounds to kill Eirika). Keep everyone out of Nowi's range.

On the turn you kill the last non-Nowi unit, have Raven stand immediately outside her range with Ryoma next to him (preferably on the side directly opposite of Nowi) for Hone Spd 3 and Azura close enough to Sing for him. Nowi will charge at (probably) Ryoma on her turn, so hopefully she ends up in range to be hit by Raven's Threaten Def 2. Raven can now two-round kill Nowi with Azura to Sing for him.

Actually, my Raven is just the opposite, +Atk. Also, I technically do have a fast green unit with high res: Nino. But she's 3 star and not lv. 40 yet. So Raven might still be a better choice. So thanks again, Ice Dragon. I think you and Arcanite have been my best teachers for this game so far!

11 hours ago, TearingShadows said:

Did them all with Raigh 5*, Nino 5*, Reinhardt, and Ninian. 

Hide contents

Raigh works just as well as tharja, fite me

I'd rather use Raigh myself.  Have a Lv 40 +ATK one at 4*.  Shame I've never rolled any Raudrblade fodder.

I was finally able to clear another map (still not hard version yet though), but not without losing a unit. The stupid quest requirement of having to keep everyone alive is so dumb. It's not easy to keep everyone alive at all. Why is this on EVERY map clearing quest these days? IS needs to stop with it, imo.

You don't know what the AI will do or anything, so you could very easily find yourself short one unit unexpectedly, even on a map that's advantageous for them. It'd be less stressful just to remove that requirement.

EDIT: I cleared the first map on hard without losing anyone! Two more orbs. :D I thought the team I used on the normal version would work again. Freddy takes care of Effie, male Robin takes care of the other three. :P

Edited by Anacybele

The AI will typically move toward the unit it can deal the most damage to. The most predictable thing about it is that it will always attack whatever is in its range, even if that match-up is disadvantageous. This lets you do stuff like sitting a green out along a very short path for an enemy red. Have a blue just hanging out behind the green and when the red charges toward the green, have the blue step into attack range.

Chapter 3 was probably the hardest one, tbh... I think I managed it with uhh... Merric, Camilla/Titania, and uh... either Abel or Robin, don't remember which x__x along with Olivia. 

My wife and I'd just got done spending all my orbs on the Battling Lloyd banner for Ninian and then these came up and gave her 3 more chances.... she's getting so disappointed that homegirl isn't coming around =w= it's really cute... (for perspective, she basically doesn't care about this game otherwise, just likes summoning) 

1 hour ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

The AI will typically move toward the unit it can deal the most damage to. The most predictable thing about it is that it will always attack whatever is in its range, even if that match-up is disadvantageous. This lets you do stuff like sitting a green out along a very short path for an enemy red. Have a blue just hanging out behind the green and when the red charges toward the green, have the blue step into attack range.

That's really only if dancers and positioning skills aren't a factor. And they tend to be these days. The AI will do all kinds of stuff with them.

At least the good thing about these maps is the enemies don't have skill inheritance, so it's slightly easier to predict than today's arena battles.

finally cleared last map with my new Klein- i just needed to wait for enemy Klein to be in range and delete him. Sanaki works well to bait Julia and delete Hector, and Reinhardt deletes enemy Sanaki due to her Triangle Adept.

Edited by mcsilas

23 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

That's really only if dancers and positioning skills aren't a factor. And they tend to be these days. The AI will do all kinds of stuff with them.

Refreshers will still try to move units in to attack, barring specific manipulations that usually have to be deliberately set up by someone building an Arena defense team. If there's no bait in even refreshed attack range, then the refresher may send someone less predictable forward.

Positioning skills are pretty predictable, actually. If an opposing unit is within attack range of your units, other opposing units will use repositioning skills to try to get that unit back or out of range. This does make it trickier, but with proper planning, they will still predictably resposition into a bad position. This behaviour also makes it super easy for cav mages like Reinhardt to troll the crap out of stuff like Draw Back and Reposition because they enemy will end up too scared to properly advance. If you apply pressure to exactly one wing with this method, it can effectively paralyze two enemies while letting the other two advance to their doom.

2 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Refreshers will still try to move units in to attack, barring specific manipulations that usually have to be deliberately set up by someone building an Arena defense team. If there's no bait in even refreshed attack range, then the refresher may send someone less predictable forward.

Positioning skills are pretty predictable, actually. If an opposing unit is within attack range of your units, other opposing units will use repositioning skills to try to get that unit back or out of range. This does make it trickier, but with proper planning, they will still predictably resposition into a bad position. This behaviour also makes it super easy for cav mages like Reinhardt to troll the crap out of stuff like Draw Back and Reposition because they enemy will end up too scared to properly advance. If you apply pressure to exactly one wing with this method, it can effectively paralyze two enemies while letting the other two advance to their doom.

Sorry, but I don't understand...

I've never been able to predict the enemy at all, really. I mean, on occasion, sure, I know exactly what they'll do, but definitely not often. I don't get how others can do it while I can't. I'm just trying to understand.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Sorry, but I don't understand...

I've never been able to predict the enemy at all, really. I mean, on occasion, sure, I know exactly what they'll do, but definitely not often. I don't get how others can do it while I can't. I'm just trying to understand.

For the first, here's a really basic example: Takumi and Azura start standing beside each other. This means that when I consider where to move, I have to treat Takumi as having 4 tiles of movement. This can be taken advantage of because then if I only place M!Robin within that 6-tile attack range, Takumi will move up, then get refreshed into attacking M!Robin. The caveat is that I need to make sure that whoever Takumi is gunning for is near M!Robin to ensure he moves the right direction.

For the repositioning, think of it like this: the AI is very scared of your attack range. If a unit is in your attack range, they will use a repositioning skill if they cannot initiate combat. This makes it look like they're wildly flailing around a lot and they kind of are. However, you can use this to your advantage. You know that they will do this, so you can position accordingly. What follows is that the longer your reach (3 tiles of movement and 2 tiles of attack range on Reinhardt), the faster they'll freak out and start spamming the abilities. If they're coming down two separate sides, Reinhardt can effectively keep one pair stuck freaking out by sitting there doing nothing. The rest of your party is then free to let the other pair advance and take them 3v2.

1 minute ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

For the first, here's a really basic example: Takumi and Azura start standing beside each other. This means that when I consider where to move, I have to treat Takumi as having 4 tiles of movement. This can be taken advantage of because then if I only place M!Robin within that 6-tile attack range, Takumi will move up, then get refreshed into attacking M!Robin. The caveat is that I need to make sure that whoever Takumi is gunning for is near M!Robin to ensure he moves the right direction.

For the repositioning, think of it like this: the AI is very scared of your attack range. If a unit is in your attack range, they will use a repositioning skill if they cannot initiate combat. This makes it look like they're wildly flailing around a lot and they kind of are. However, you can use this to your advantage. You know that they will do this, so you can position accordingly. What follows is that the longer your reach (3 tiles of movement and 2 tiles of attack range on Reinhardt), the faster they'll freak out and start spamming the abilities. If they're coming down two separate sides, Reinhardt can effectively keep one pair stuck freaking out by sitting there doing nothing. The rest of your party is then free to let the other pair advance and take them 3v2.

Hmm. I think I see. I'll have to try to keep this in mind. It might take me more practice though.

@Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi @Anacybele

Keep in mind the following, though: If one of your units is in range of an enemy unit that would deal 0 damage to your unit, it won't attack your unit as long as it can do anything else with its turn. Typically, the'll forfeit their turn in the natural order (first melees, then ranged), and if something changed after they have no option but to act, they'll use a support skill or something like that instead of attacking the unit that is perfectly in range if they can avoid it.

Also, the scenario Kuroi described with Azura and Takumi is only true if Takumi doesn't have a support skill: the game moves first the units with a support skill, then the ones with one, without considering whether they are melee or ranged. So, a Takumi with no support will indeed have an effective 4 range. However, if said Takumi had a support skill, the normal order of melees first, ranged second would apply, and Azura would move first, even if moving second would have allowed her to dance Takumi into attacking one of your units.

17 minutes ago, Taim Meich said:

@Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi @Anacybele

Keep in mind the following, though: If one of your units is in range of an enemy unit that would deal 0 damage to your unit, it won't attack your unit as long as it can do anything else with its turn. Typically, the'll forfeit their turn in the natural order (first melees, then ranged), and if something changed after they have no option but to act, they'll use a support skill or something like that instead of attacking the unit that is perfectly in range if they can avoid it.

Also, the scenario Kuroi described with Azura and Takumi is only true if Takumi doesn't have a support skill: the game moves first the units with a support skill, then the ones with one, without considering whether they are melee or ranged. So, a Takumi with no support will indeed have an effective 4 range. However, if said Takumi had a support skill, the normal order of melees first, ranged second would apply, and Azura would move first, even if moving second would have allowed her to dance Takumi into attacking one of your units.

That first paragraph I'm aware of, yeah. I noticed. :P

The second though, I didn't know about. Thanks for telling me.

I managed to do map 3 on normal without losing anyone, but my strategy wouldn't work on hard for some reason. Frederick was actually able to tank male Robin in the normal map, but he was KO'd in the hard one. Don't understand why, both male Robins are 5 star lv. 40. Does the hard version have inflated stats or a different skillset or something?

I did map 4 on normal without losing anyone, but given what happened in map 3 above, I didn't try it on hard. I don't have a real answer to Nowi. The normal one required me to chip her with Azura and Ike and then finish with Nino. I'd probably have to upgrade Nino to 4 star and level her to 40 since I think she's the only one I have that might handle her. But the problem is, this Nino is -res, I believe, and Nowi can counterattack her. So... Still don't know what to do here.

I haven't found an answer for map 5 at all yet on either difficulty. But I'm trying. The only problem is, you need a colorless unit for the quests in this map, and my Klein gets one-rounded by like everything on it, even the enemy Klein. Even if I dance him to kill two of those units, one of the other two could then take him out. But I have to figure out something if I want all those shards and crystals.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I did map 4 on normal without losing anyone, but given what happened in map 3 above, I didn't try it on hard. I don't have a real answer to Nowi. The normal one required me to chip her with Azura and Ike and then finish with Nino. I'd probably have to upgrade Nino to 4 star and level her to 40 since I think she's the only one I have that might handle her. But the problem is, this Nino is -res, I believe, and Nowi can counterattack her. So... Still don't know what to do here.

Have you tried my strategy with Raven? With Hone Spd, Threaten Def, and a Sing from Azura, he can kill Hard mode Nowi in two rounds of combat.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I haven't found an answer for map 5 at all yet on either difficulty. But I'm trying. The only problem is, you need a colorless unit for the quests in this map, and my Klein gets one-rounded by like everything on it, even the enemy Klein. Even if I dance him to kill two of those units, one of the other two could then take him out. But I have to figure out something if I want all those shards and crystals.

Have you tried my turn-by-turn strategy I posted?

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Don't understand why, both male Robins are 5 star lv. 40. Does the hard version have inflated stats or a different skillset or something?

Rarity value literally means nothing for non-arena enemy units because they are not bound as tightly by the stat restrictions on player-usable units. For example, the enemies you face on Tenth Stratum have random stat boosts to their stats that are physically impossible for player-usable units.

The Hard version has higher stats.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Have you tried my strategy with Raven? With Hone Spd, Threaten Def, and a Sing from Azura, he can kill Hard mode Nowi in two rounds of combat.

No, I decided he wouldn't be a good idea. And none of the units I've been using have Hone Spd, so I don't know where you got that idea.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Have you tried my turn-by-turn strategy I posted?

I must have somehow missed that you gave me a strategy. I finally found a way to do map 5 on normal without losing anyone, but I doubt this will work on Hard since Ryoma barely survived Hector and that enemy Klein could one-round literally everything that went in his range except for male Robin. That Klein is so OP it's ridiculous.

Just now, Anacybele said:

No, I decided he wouldn't be a good idea. And none of the units I've been using have Hone Spd, so I don't know where you got that idea.

Ryoma has Hone Spd.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I must have somehow missed that you gave me a strategy. I finally found a way to do map 5 on normal without losing anyone, but I doubt this will work on Hard since Ryoma barely survived Hector and that enemy Klein could one-round literally everything that went in his range except for male Robin. That Klein is so OP it's ridiculous.

Right here:

Ok, I already beat all the trials on both dificulties, but I'm still missing the last quest (5-5 on hard with colorless). I don't need the shards, but I'll keep trying to win them just for fun :d

Ok forget my last post!

I just did the quest with Olivia, Xander, Leo and Takumi, everyone survived.

Wow, I finished this, quest and everything... I surprise myself

Edited by SniperGYS