What is your unpopular Fire Emblem opinion?

On 9/28/2017 at 3:57 AM, Etrurian emperor said:

Well, I think that's exactly the point. Its not that Alvis is to weak physically to stand up against them but to weak to do so mentally. Its more likely that Arvis is just completely burned out rather then scared of them.

One of Arvis traits is that he really does seem to love his loved once and when we see him again they are all dead. Azelle's dead, Deirdra is dead, Jullius is practically dead and up until meeting her he thought Jullia was dead too. Seems like a valid reason to lose your fire. 

Don't forget that Aida, Arvis' right hand and mistress, dies fighting the Lopto cult because they went after Saias.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, Harvey said:

Myrmidon > any class except the ones that can have access to sol and galeforce in which case, its equal.

.....How? Like, Galeforce only exists in two games. Sol only appears in 6 games (and in Shadows of Valentia, it's a weapon skill). Sol isn't even that good tbh.

I'm legitimately curious in your reasoning as to why you think Myrmidons are the best Class in the series?

Just now, Armagon said:

.....How? Like, Galeforce only exists in two games. Sol only appears in 6 games (and in Shadows of Valentia, it's a weapon skill). Sol isn't even that good tbh.

I'm legitimately curious in your reasoning as to why you think Myrmidons are the best Class in the series?

I assumed he was just talking about Awakening :\ I mean, Myrms can be good, but they aren't the best. Personally, I think the Hero class is the best in the series, they're flexible, fairly evasive, have good skills, do a good amount of damage, don't have any accuracy issues, and pretty much anybody with a decent strength stat can be reclassed into Hero and perform well. Not to mention mercenary characters are usually very good in general. With a single pair of boots, they are simply better than most units.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Well glad you asked.

For one thing, they have the highest skill and speed meaning you can always rely on them to do some chipping and some crits(and is the only class that can crit a lot more often). They can also be good at dodging even though its risky and lastly, they end up having the best skills in the entire series that no other skill can par with. I mean, what is a better skill than Astra and Vantage?

2 hours ago, Florina's #1 Fan said:

I assumed he was just talking about Awakening :\ I mean, Myrms can be good, but they aren't the best. Personally, I think the Hero class is the best in the series, they're flexible, fairly evasive, have good skills, do a good amount of damage, don't have any accuracy issues, and pretty much anybody with a decent strength stat can be reclassed into Hero and perform well. Not to mention mercenary characters are usually very good in general. With a single pair of boots, they are simply better than most units.

Well except in FE7, I disagree. besides defence, mercenaries are just underwhelming compared to Swordmasters. I don't know why FE7 buffed Heroes since Swordmasters should be having that level of buffness.

Edited by Harvey

58 minutes ago, Harvey said:

For one thing, they have the highest skill and speed meaning you can always rely on them to do some chipping and some crits(and is the only class that can crit a lot more often).

Skill and speed is good and all but that only gets you so far. Crits are situational

They can also be good at dodging even though its risky

They're good at dodging, yes, but, as you've also said, it's risky. Especially since Myrmidons are rather squishy.

they end up having the best skills in the entire series that no other skill can par with. I mean, what is a better skill than Astra and Vantage?

• Aether
  • Double Lion (Brave Effect)
  • Hunter's Volly (Brave+Killer Effect)
  • Eclipse (yes, Black Knight is playable in some chapters of Radiant Dawn) (Eclipse multiples the user's strength by 5+negating the defense and resistance of the enemy. You're only surviving Eclipse if you have either Miracle or Mantle)
  • Luna
  • Great Shield (negates all damage) (also the bane of my existence in FE4)
  • Slayer (what really makes Sacred Stones a cakewalk)
  • Dragon Fang
  • Nihil (nullifies enemy's skills)
  • Solo Triangle Attack (Brave Effect, except it hits three times instead of two)
  • Nohrian Trust (lets you use the skills of your paired-up ally)

And the list goes on.

Astra and Vantage are good skills (the latter being especially broken if combined with Vengeance) but they aren't the best skills.

Edited by Armagon

1 hour ago, Harvey said:

Well glad you asked.

For one thing, they have the highest skill and speed meaning you can always rely on them to do some chipping and some crits(and is the only class that can crit a lot more often). They can also be good at dodging even though its risky and lastly, they end up having the best skills in the entire series that no other skill can par with. I mean, what is a better skill than Astra and Vantage?

Well except in FE7, I disagree. besides defence, mercenaries are just underwhelming compared to Swordmasters. I don't know why FE7 buffed Heroes since Swordmasters should be having that level of buffness.

Eh, while most of this is true, hoping on a dodge/crit is still a really risky idea. I'd say you'd want a slightly more defensive Unit as a Myrmidon/Swordmaster to increase their chances of living should they flop on the dodge/crit. Also, though I'll agree Astra is almost always worth the Skill Slot, Vantage is only good if your opponent can get you low enough to use it, and I thought the entire concept of the Myrmidon is nobody ever hits you, so it kind of feels a bit counterproductive. On the other hand, Vantage CAN be useful if you happen to miss a dodge, get almost wasted, and then get attacked by a bunch of guys who would kill you if they got to swing first but lose because you went first instead. Personally, considering their high Skill, I'd rather use Aegis and/or Pavise to reduce the damage should I happen to get hit considering the Class generally doesn't have great Defense or Resistance, but I'm a rather defensive player when it comes to Fire Emblem so that might not be the best choice.

As for Skills better than the abovementioned, I think Acrobat is a Skill that remains rather underhyped, particularly in levels with lots of Woods or Desert tiles, but it's not a combat Skill and is therefore rather similar to comparing apples and oranges in this discussion. For combat Skills, I'd argue Luna is better than Sol, which you placed as equal to a Myrmidon's Skill Pool, as it doesn't matter how much you heal if the other guy's still alive to take another shot at you.

Edited by SoulWeaver

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Aether

Lord exclusive. So only lords can get access to it and it doesn't activate as frequently as you want it to be atleast in Awakening.

• Double Lion (Brave Effect)
  • Hunter's Volly (Brave+Killer Effect)

Comes very late in the game and also...why on earth are you comparing skills from SoV to this when they are both completely different?

Luna

Only halves damage. When you have Astra that has a chance to perform a critical strike of those five hits, what makes Luna better than it?

Great Shield

While an annoying skill, its redundant since it doesn't activate that frequently. Only skill that its annoying with is Arvis but that's about it.

Dragon Fang

I'm least bothered about it since all it does is add power which is about on par with astra.

Nihil

Only a few units have this skill. And its not like the skill can help you much in the long run against units that are more powerful than yours.

Solo Triangle Attack (Brave Effect, except it hits three times instead of two)

You're saying a paid skill is better than a free one?

Nohrian Trust (lets you use the skills of your paired-up ally)

Right so if you use Odin as a swordmaster and can get Astra from him, your lord can use Astra. What a great idea!

1 hour ago, SoulWeaver said:

Eh, while most of this is true, hoping on a dodge/crit is still a really risky idea. I'd say you'd want a slightly more defensive Unit as a Myrmidon/Swordmaster to increase their chances of living should they flop on the dodge/crit. Also, though I'll agree Astra is almost always worth the Skill Slot, Vantage is only good if your opponent can get you low enough to use it, and I thought the entire concept of the Myrmidon is nobody ever hits you, so it kind of feels a bit counterproductive. On the other hand, Vantage CAN be useful if you happen to miss a dodge, get almost wasted, and then get attacked by a bunch of guys who would kill you if they got to swing first but lose because you went first instead. Personally, considering their high Skill, I'd rather use Aegis and/or Pavise to reduce the damage should I happen to get hit considering the Class generally doesn't have great Defense or Resistance, but I'm a rather defensive player when it comes to Fire Emblem so that might not be the best choice.

As for Skills better than the abovementioned, I think Acrobat is a Skill that remains rather underhyped, particularly in levels with lots of Woods or Desert tiles, but it's not a combat Skill and is therefore rather similar to comparing apples and oranges in this discussion. For combat Skills, I'd argue Luna is better than Sol, which you placed as equal to a Myrmidon's Skill Pool, as it doesn't matter how much you heal if the other guy's still alive to take another shot at you.

Well I'm more on the offence and not on defence. Its a good tactic that you need sponges in the long run but most of them have horrible move. I'd rather put up with fragility for the price of power.

36 minutes ago, Harvey said:

Lord exclusive. So only lords can get access to it and it doesn't activate as frequently as you want it to be atleast in Awakening.

Comes very late in the game and also...why on earth are you comparing skills from SoV to this when they are both completely different?

Only halves damage. When you have Astra that has a chance to perform a critical strike of those five hits, what makes Luna better than it?

While an annoying skill, its redundant since it doesn't activate that frequently. Only skill that its annoying with is Arvis but that's about it.

I'm least bothered about it since all it does is add power which is about on par with astra.

Only a few units have this skill. And its not like the skill can help you much in the long run against units that are more powerful than yours.

Right so if you use Odin as a swordmaster and can get Astra from him, your lord can use Astra. What a great idea!

You asked me to name better skills, so i did.

38 minutes ago, Harvey said:

Lord exclusive.

Not in Fates

38 minutes ago, Harvey said:

it doesn't activate as frequently as you want it to be atleast in Awakening.

Aether has the same activation rate as Astra in both Awakening and Fates

39 minutes ago, Harvey said:

You asked me to name better skills and that's what i'm doing right now.

39 minutes ago, Harvey said:

The fact that it has a higher activation rate. That and a critical hit from Luna will deal more damage than a critical hit from Astra.

41 minutes ago, Harvey said:

In the Tellius games, it's activated based on your Skill stat which is the games where it's most helpful.

43 minutes ago, Harvey said:

I'd argue it's more powerful but whatever.

43 minutes ago, Harvey said:

Only a few units have Astra as well (unless you go into reclassing but that's a different story). And Astra doesn't really help against bulkier enemies.

44 minutes ago, Harvey said:

Oh i'm sorry, i thought were talking about how good a skill is, not whether or not you need to pay for it. Also yes, Solo Triangle Attack is better than Astra.

3 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

As for Skills better than the abovementioned, I think Acrobat is a Skill that remains rather underhyped, particularly in levels with lots of Woods or Desert tiles, but it's not a combat Skill and is therefore rather similar to comparing apples and oranges in this discussion.

Being the 15 level Skill of Trickster and Awakening's bland map designs made Acrobat not so useful. It can't cross flier-only terrain either, only terrain the class can naturally cross. I think it'd make a great "auto-fixed class skill" if such an idea was implemented again, though unlike Wary Fighter, I don't know what class would want it.

To touch or not to touch the Myrmidon debate. Hmm... Well I'll open with USE WHATEVER CLASSES/CHARACTERS YOU WANT IF IT IS FUN TO YOU!

This disclaimer made, now I can debate which classes are objectively better than others. And guess what? Myrmidon/Swordmaster is very far from being the best.

4 hours ago, Harvey said:

Well you make an exception for FE7, good.

For FE6, well they're about equal since Hand Axes aren't that accurate, so I'll give you that one.

FE8 though, that is a Hero game, Gerik might be your only Mercenary, but he is much better than Joshua with standard 1-2 range, good axes and weak enemies all around so SM level Speed is just excessive.

For Awakening, until you get into the postgame of Galeforce and maxed stats, and Armsthrift and load up on Ragnells/Amatsus, Hero beats SM no problem. Because no-grind ingame Awakening is "Enemy Phase: The Game" and lacking standard 1-2 range is terrible. Thus, SM is bad since you need legendaries to 1-2 (and they have no crit boost here either) and Heroes have buyable Hand Axes.

For Fates, well 1-2 range got nerfed, so Hero and SM closer to equals here, but Hero might be better since dodgetanking is no longer as viable as it used to be.

As for SD and NM, on the lower difficulties, SM is garbage vs. Hero. On the higher difficulties where every point of Speed can count and enemies can hit the Speed caps and deal a truckload of damage, SM has its uses.

On Vantage, it is only useful if you can kill the foe on the first hit or have a good chance of surviving if you don't. Vantage rocks with Dire Thunder in FE5 and Heroes, it works nicely with Nephenee in PoR since she can dodge decently and crit half the time with Wrath. But on the ordinary unit without just the right skills or weapons, it isn't doing anything. What difference does it make if Kieran got hurt then does deals an attack which doesn't kill, versus if Kieran did 1 hit that doesn't kill, and then gets hurt?

2 hours ago, Harvey said:

In this instance, you asked to compare Combat Skills. The nature of the question requires you to compare ALL Combat Skills, whether Class-gained or Weapon-gained. If he'd tried to say a Passive Skill, like Anti-Terror, then you could argue this.

Luna halves Defense/Resistance, not Damage, I'm assuming that was a typo. In my case, I think Luna to Astra is entirely dependent on the foe attacked - swinging at a General with Astra can end up with like 15 Damage total, for example, while Luna could hit like 40 instead. That would be why I compared Luna to Sol instead of to Astra, because Luna-Sol is a less matchup-dependent comparison than Luna-Astra and you stated that Sol combined with Galeforce is at least equal to Astra, the Skill I'm making the comparison to. There's also the fact that even with a Crit, Astra's still probably going to come out with less Damage than Luna unless you somehow super luck out and nail multiple Crits in the same Astra, in which case good for you, I guess.

Same argument as the topmost - you asked to compare Combat Skills, that means ALL Combat Skills. I could also say Point Blank or Warp is applicable to this discussion.

I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO USES SWORDMASTER ODIN?! HUZZAH! Er…I mean, in this case, Nohrian Trust is better and worse than Astra because it's basically every Combat Skill in all of Fates, but you only get access to however many your Paired-Up partner happens to have equipped at a time, which can still be up to 5.

Well I'm more on the offence and not on defence. Its a good tactic that you need sponges in the long run but most of them have horrible move. I'd rather put up with fragility for the price of power.

That's cool too, I find I'm a bit of an uncommon player in that I play more defensively. In this case, though, I'm saying use the Swordmaster AS a sponge, rather difficult considering they're not the best hit tanks, dodge tanks are kind of meh at best even with Avoid+10, and you're only getting Swordmasters with Pavise thanks to 2nd Gen, and the only 1st Gen characters who can get Swordmaster and Aegis(discounting Robin of course) are Stahl, who frankly I like better as SM than as Paladin, and Sully, who I've never really seriously used because I like Stahl better, but then your sponge can REALLY hit back if you use one of the Combat Skills we've been discussing.

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Being the 15 level Skill of Trickster and Awakening's bland map designs made Acrobat not so useful. It can't cross flier-only terrain either, only terrain the class can naturally cross. I think it'd make a great "auto-fixed class skill" if such an idea was implemented again, though unlike Wary Fighter, I don't know what class would want it.

Yeah, that would be why I said underhyped, because it's a good Skill, just not really worth the effort you have to put in. Really, the best use I've had with it is Noire as she rapidly falls behind in her Paralogue without it and I like to give her as many kills in the Paralogue as possible. As for the old-school Class Skill setup, some variant of a performing Class like Dancer is the best I have for that, though I did like that Lyn's DLC Einherjar had it, so maybe if we ever get another nomadic Lord?

7 minutes ago, Luck based Hero said:

My unpopular opinion is how important Luck is to your my units in all three games. Also that Sully is a great mom for Lucina

Do you mean it is important or it isn't? I usually just do HP as my Bane as I find I can usually fix it easier than Luck. Also, while I usually don't use Sully as Lucina's mother, she's probably my second favorite after Olivia, so you're not alone there.

I hear his name dropped pretty often for Warriors so I'm going to assume Michalis is at least somewhat popular.

But I don't like the guy. At all.

In shadow dragon he's just a weak villain because he only appears once and doesn't make much of an impression to me.

His little redemption arc I find hard to take seriously because Michalis gets a happy ending he really doesn't deserve.

After beating FE5, I for the life of me cannot understand why people tend to say that FE6's difficulty is lowered than that of FE5?

If anything, in my most unpopular opinion, the difficulty curve toned down in FE6 is hardly noticeable and in this case, FE5 >>> FE6 in terms of balance.

Spoiler

For starters, in FE5, most healers start out with C staff ranks which means that it won't take extremely long to get them to atleast B rank at that making it a lot easier to use better staves later on. Infact you get early staffbots that can pretty much help you to warp skip once effort is done for them to use said staffs.

In FE6? None of them can ever come close to using the higher staves. And even then, the other problem comes from the fact that the staves are so limited in numbers that the Warp staff may as well have ended up in Niime's inventory instead of being buried from the sand. Same goes for Berserk and Rescue.

Oh but Saul, Cecilla and Clarine have good ranks so what about them? Well yeah, what about them indeed. They don't matter much since again, the higher staves come so late in the game which by then Niime shows up and can use them. None of them can reach A rank in staves unless arena abuse takes place which can take forever. All they can use is physic and that's it and they won't do it any better unlike Niime.

The thing about FE6 when comparing it to FE5 is that you can't complete maps fast and there's only one way to complete a whole lot of them. As hard as chapter 22 of FE5 is, the fact that a warp staff is given in said chapter itself telling you to use warps and the generosity of getting staves  in the previous chapter itself makes the whole idea less brutal. Infact FE5 rewards your efforts from preserving your weapons. FE6 doesn't really reward you for saving up your weapons. When you do save them up, you just end up wondering whether if its worth saving up because of how things keep getting harder and harder for no reason whatsoever. 

Man I don't want to bash FE6 maps here but I sure as hell wish that I can clear up the ones that I hate faster by preserving the items that the game gives me. None of them can help you clear that horrible chapter 14 and you need thieves here to get a lot of useful items that you can't use till again, Niime shows up.

I'm not going to say a whole lot of the weapon balance but I can sure as hell say that FE5 does the weapon triangle balance the best of all the game to my knowledge.

I'm also not going to talk about the unit comparison between FE5 & 6 because a lot already know how half the cast in FE6 are just bad but for me, I'd rather tolerate with the few bad units FE5 gives you than deal with a chunk of bad ones FE6 gives you.

Also..FE6 thieves...what the hell happened here? Who thought not promoting thieves was a good idea and who removed the ability of thieves stealing weapons instead of only just items? One shows up early and is hard to train up, the other shows up with really good buffness and the last one comes so late that its not even worth getting her.

In the end, only one thief was worth the whole time. 

Sure, FE5 also gave you some low class thieves..but atleast Lifis and Lara are good in thievery and the latter can promote to a dancer right after being promoted as a thief fighter.

Then..enemies. In FE5, enemies aren't particularly strong but the quantity of them is what gives the tension which is what makes a lot of maps hard. The only hard enemies here are the balistae and the Lopto but that's just it.

In FE6, they are both strong and come in quantities for some reason making the process more tedious. Really, chapter 21 wants me to hate this game.

And lastly, the lords.....

If you remove Leif's skills, he's still better than Roy in a lot of ways due to the fact that stats are capped at 20, scrolls can help with his growths and early stat boosters combined, can make him worthy.

Roy isn't worth using stat boosters at when the rest of the cast needs them at most. His late promotion is horrendous and even his personal weapon only has 20 uses so what's the point of using it besides chapters 24 and final?

But-but FE5 has fatigue!

I'll say this. You hardly need the s drinks. Fatigue is an extra layer of tactic that wants you to use other units instead of relying on the same units over and over again. If you train your units equally, you will not have the pressure of not being able to complete chapters without particular units.

I did use a few s drinks but that's only a rare case as healers have low hp and yet they are very useful. I'm sure if I had balanced them out more, I wouldn't have used s drinks on them either.

So that's my thoughts on why I think FE5 > FE6 interms of balance. 

46 minutes ago, Harvey said:

Oh but Saul, Cecilla and Clarine have good ranks so what about them? Well yeah, what about them indeed. They don't matter much since again, the higher staves come so late in the game which by then Niime shows up and can use them. None of them can reach A rank in staves unless arena abuse takes place which can take forever. All they can use is physic and that's it and they won't do it any better unlike Niime.

That's factually wrong.

47 minutes ago, Harvey said:

Man I don't want to bash FE6 maps here but I sure as hell wish that I can clear up the ones that I hate faster by preserving the items that the game gives me. None of them can help you clear that horrible chapter 14 and you need thieves here to get a lot of useful items that you can't use till again, Niime shows up.

That, too.

6 hours ago, familyplayer said:

In New Mystery he can, but in the old Mystery he always dies. Unless you mean the happy ending of helping out others and dying happy that he did.

And its the new mystery I played. I might have appreciated him better if he just went on to die again like he's supposed to, but he didn't. I have a feeling that if we're to ask IS which of the two games is canon they'd say New mystery. 

11 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I hear his name dropped pretty often for Warriors so I'm going to assume Michalis is at least somewhat popular.

But I don't like the guy. At all.

In shadow dragon he's just a weak villain because he only appears once and doesn't make much of an impression to me.

His little redemption arc I find hard to take seriously because Michalis gets a happy ending he really doesn't deserve.

I mean, I hate that he got the chance at all to live in New Mystery and Hardin didn't, but you don't have to save Michalis, which is the situation's only saving grace. I let him die, personally.

Eh, I quite like Michalis. I got a clear image of him from SD - he's a great ruler, he has everything he needs to make Macedon great, his people love him...but then the power gets to his head and he kills his father. That doesn't mean that I like NMotE's change to him, he should have died, and it would've impacted Minerva and Maria a bit more. Though...there is a little something that makes me a tad fond of those "bad guy dies after doing something good" types...

He also has a really nice design, especially in Heroes. His hair is what mine aspires to be.

Ike was freaking ridiculous considering the Black Knight to be his 'final teacher' or something like that. Dude, he killed your father right in front of you, and threatened the little sister - who you just left behind after promising to stay with her - you don't just do that.

1 hour ago, Azure Sen said:

I mean, I hate that he got the chance at all to live in New Mystery and Hardin didn't, but you don't have to save Michalis, which is the situation's only saving grace. I let him die, personally.

That too because if you compare the two then Hardin deserved to live while Michalis did not. Michalis is kind of a scumbag, willingly joining a dragon who's out to subjugate humanity, killing his father and oppressing his sisters. He did all these things of his own free will. Hardin on the other hand is purely a victim when he turns into a villain. 

6 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

That too because if you compare the two then Hardin deserved to live while Michalis did not. Michalis is kind of a scumbag, willingly joining a dragon who's out to subjugate humanity, killing his father and oppressing his sisters. He did all these things of his own free will. Hardin on the other hand is purely a victim when he turns into a villain.

Michalis and Camus seem to have been quietly mulling defying Medeus, well at least I think this little line from SD Gharnef suggests it.  

Gharnef:
“Oh yes. For you to dance around the continent, collecting powerful weapons and killing off my competition. Thanks to you, Camus and Michalis will trouble me no more. You have my gratitude, diligent prince.”

And it is confirmed in a statement I found only in the FE3 translation, not FE12.

Misheil:
No, it wasn’t that.
Wanting to destroy that prideful Akaneia, and allow Macedonia to become the conqueror of this world, was my own idea.
I originally planned to ally with Durhua to destroy Akaneia, and then later join forces with Grunia’s Camus to defeat Durhua.
But father didn’t agree with me, and finally he sent me away.

I haven't played New Mystery or Mystery, but Michalis is probably better off dead from stealing Starlight since it makes him somewhat redeemable beyond whatever Minvera and the innocent Maria think of him. His love for his people is questionable given his edginess, ambition, egotism, and self-interest. NM just loves giving you characters, and the IS couldn't resist making him playable given he has some popularity.

In case you didn't see these, here are a few FE3 Developer Notes related to Michalis:

Spoiler

Q4: Why did Michalis kill his own father?

Comments: There are three main reasons. Firstly, Michalis thought his father was a weak king who didn’t do enough to help his citizens during terrible times. Secondly, after Medeus resurrected, Akaneia didn’t send reinforcements to aid Medon, which caused the relationship between Michalis and his father, who faithfully followed Akaneia, to sour. Thirdly, Gharnef spread rumours that Minerva would succeed the throne, which finally caused Michalis to go ahead with his plans.

Q5: What were Minerva and Maria’s feelings?

Comments: After Michalis killed his father, he announced that it was the doing of an Akaneian assassin so he could push for an alliance with Doluna. At the time, Minerva didn’t know the truth, but she was suspicious since she knew their father was on Akaneia’s side. Michalis then visited Maria and told her about the upcoming crisis that Medon faced. He requested that Maria leave for Doluna and become their hostage, to protect the citizens of Medon. Maria happily accepted, knowing that she would save tens of thousands of people and also because she would do anything to please Michalis. Although it is unsure what Michalis was thinking, for the first time in his life he shed a tear and he couldn’t dispel the guilty voice inside him. When Minerva returned, the alliance with Doluna had been confirmed and Maria was already a hostage. Minerva immediately realised their father’s death was all Michalis’s doing. However Mishiel warned her that Maria was now in Doluna’s hands and that if she opposes, Maria will be killed. Thus Minerva reluctantly submitted to Michalis’s will.

Q7: What is Lena and Michalis’s relationship?

Comments: *sweats* Well, Lena was born into a powerful Medonian noble family. Her mother was a court bishop at the Grustian royal court. When Lena was 10 years old, her mother died, and Lena moved to live with her grandfather at Grust. There she met Camus, who she deeply respected and who shaped her life. Later, Lena was summoned to the Medonian royal court by her foster father. It was around this time that Michalis noticed her and decided to marry her, for her beauty and wisdom, and also to closen his ties with the elder nobility, such as on Lena’s foster father’s side.

My favorite line describing Michalis comes from SD (C22):

Gotoh:
“The weight of his father’s murder threatens to crush him…Poor boy. …Poor fool.”

You speak well of him Gotoh, he's pitiable, but in choosing your last words on him to be "poor fool", you admit he's less pitiable than he is just an idiot.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

I was referring to the parts that I bolded.

So what? Like I said, even then, you only have ONE warp staff and that's that unlike FE5 which is generous enough.

You claimed that Saul, Clarine and Elen couldn't reach A staves in a reasonable timeframe. I linked a screenshot of Saul using Warp in chapter 14x (and I didn't visit any arena at all in that particular playthrough).

(also, Hammerne is a thing that exists in FE6)

What's so easy about chapter 14?

I could explain for the 5th time how to deal with chapter 14 (TL;DR: thief+torch, use all 3 fliers, make smart use of the rescue mechanic, don't try to rout the enemy, use the reset trick if you want all the items), but I was referring to "Man I don't want to bash FE6 maps here". If you don't want to bash FE6, why did you spend 850 words to once again do exactly that?

2 hours ago, ping said:

I could explain for the 5th time how to deal with chapter 14 (TL;DR: thief+torch, use all 3 fliers, make smart use of the rescue mechanic, don't try to rout the enemy, use the reset trick if you want all the items), but I was referring to "Man I don't want to bash FE6 maps here". If you don't want to bash FE6, why did you spend 850 words to once again do exactly that?

I wasn't bashing at it. I was comparing it to FE5 where in that game, as hard as it is, atleast you get plenty of staves unlike in FE6 so you can't finish maps anywhere faster compared to FE5.

19 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I think Michalis just was lucky the circunstances doesn't make his death absolutely needed (unlike Hardin's where it seems the Dark Sphere's corruption only would be fixed with his death), IS has a strange trend to give you characters... pretty much to give you more options.