Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the Nox stuff and my lack of free time I just started the event right now. Guess I'll have to apple this during the whole weekend if I want to get most of the shop done. 

I decided to do a single roll for a event CE, ended with Nursery Rhyme. Another gold Caster to add onto the "will level one day" list.

18 hours ago, The Geek said:

I've got Medb.  Tell me what CE you want me to stick on her.

Probably the Buster CE. You're likely not using her for farming but to tackle bosses, so no reason to stick a Drop CE on her.

17 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Medb is a no steroid besides charisma and her male bonus just isn't gong to proc often here. Her damage on NP, looking on NP damage chart is just around 27k on NP1 which is pretty eh all things considered. Her damage bonus stacks additively with Kaleidos too and its not "high enough" to offset her low steroid value and her shit stats

tbf she is good here because of her class advantage against almost every boss and her NP that profits from Kaleid.
We don't have to argue about Medb being really awful otherwise. You're probably not using any of the bonus Servants minus Helena or maybe NR for farming anyway.

Nursery Rhyme is the best.

Spoiler

What the hell is going on with Medea?  She killed my motivation to play.  Like, her arc isn't even amusing.  Nursery Rhyme's was cute, at least.

6 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Nursery Rhyme is the best.

Hide contents

What the hell is going on with Medea?  She killed my motivation to play.  Like, her arc isn't even amusing.  Nursery Rhyme's was cute, at least.

I'm not really sure your question can be answered without rather major spoilers for the event.

Spoiler

There was a magical girl war in the past, and Medea seems to have PTSD from it.

Basically, the event runs similarly to the original Prillya series, which starts out fairly light-hearted, but has serious plot-lines come up as the story progresses.  The Extra quests act as breathers and humorous side-stories to the main story, similar to the extra chapters the Prillya 3rei manga has.

40 minutes ago, The Priest said:

tbf she is good here because of her class advantage against almost every boss and her NP that profits from Kaleid.
We don't have to argue about Medb being really awful otherwise. You're probably not using any of the bonus Servants minus Helena or maybe NR for farming anyway.

He’s just addressing the statement where she’s the “best” unit for the event, which I also happen to disagree with. Everybody is more likely to have NP5 Santa Alter than even NP1 Medb. Santa Alter also has higher NP scaling and a good steroid to set them further apart. And of course there’s Drake, Ibaraki, and Jeanne Alter who are all ridiculously good, with the latter two being usable in any of the raids.

Taking @Joe Cool‘s suggestion for running Astolfo in all of my raids. A trap conquering a parallel universe ruled by lolis is too good.

Medb gets much better later on, but she has neither of her buffs yet as far as I know. JP Rerun when?

5 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

I'm not really sure your question can be answered without rather major spoilers for the event.

Reveal hidden contents

Basically, the event runs similarly to the original Prillya series, which starts out fairly light-hearted, but has serious plot-lines come up as the story progresses.  The Extra quests act as breathers and humorous side-stories to the main story, similar to the extra chapters the Prillya 3rei manga has.

I passed that part, but it still doesn't make much sense.  Ah, well.  I probably shouldn't take this story too seriously.

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I passed that part, but it still doesn't make much sense.  Ah, well.  I probably shouldn't take this story too seriously.

Is there something specifically that doesn't make much sense?  I used a general explanation since your question was vague, but if there's something specific I might be able to provide a slightly better answer.  I didn't really think anything was off, but then I might be too used to this sort of thing, so what makes sense to me might not be obvious to someone else.

Though it might not matter if you don't want to think too hard about the story.

Just now, YotsuMaboroshi said:

Is there something specifically that doesn't make much sense?  I used a general explanation since your question was vague, but if there's something specific I might be able to provide a slightly better answer.  I didn't really think anything was off, but then I might be too used to this sort of thing, so what makes sense to me might not be obvious to someone else.

Though it might not matter if you don't want to think too hard about the story.

It probably won't, since it seems like Illya's the voice of reason in an otherwise insane world.  Which. . .is a trope I have some issues with.

3 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

He’s just addressing the statement where she’s the “best” unit for the event, which I also happen to disagree with. Everybody is more likely to have NP5 Santa Alter than even NP1 Medb. Santa Alter also has higher NP scaling and a good steroid to set them further apart. And of course there’s Drake, Ibaraki, and Jeanne Alter who are all ridiculously good, with the latter two being usable in any of the raids.

The main problem with servant bonuses this event is that the CE bonus is so much bigger during World End Match that the servant bonus damage only matters for farming. And Mebd is a single target unit---she can still farm, of course, but she's hardly optimal.

Personally I think Drake is probably the best overall servant for the event---the early boss hps are low enough that her AoE NP, even without CE, will probably one-shot the boss + trash, and she also has pioneer to eat through the evade of the final boss, although she stops getting class advantage for Mebd + last boss. (But then, only beserkers have class advantage vs. Avengers right now, so it's not a huge loss.) And for farming she's a AoE NP user with one of the better NP charge skills.

Of course, Drake is also a 5* so it's a 'only if you have her' kind of situation.

Off-topic: Is it just me, or does the final boss's first stage, 'Warming Up' has her all card buff disappear before she takes her first turn? (i.e. the buff is literally just for looks.)

On 24.8.2018 at 10:56 PM, MrSmokestack said:

Everybody is more likely to have NP5 Santa Alter than even NP1 Medb.

You have a Support list so that's an irrelevant argument. You could also say anyone who didn't do Christmas doesn't have Santa Alter either.

Santa Alter also has higher NP scaling and a good steroid to set them further apart.

Despite this they are still close in damage. Considering that Medb is still better for her better NP gain unless you value the AoE to clear mobs.

And of course there’s Drake, Ibaraki, and Jeanne Alter who are all ridiculously good, with the latter two being usable in any of the raids.

I don't know why you would ever choose JAlter in this event if Servants with class advantage scale better in the first place.
Even against the last two I would choose neither her or Medb and stick with a female Berserker like Raikou.

The only one I forgot about is Drake who is actually better for faster clears since she has the option wipe the first wave and crit the raid boss down.
I admit "best by far" is a big exaggeration but Medb is still pretty good for this event.
But ultimately I agree with JSND that none of the bonus Servants are overwhelmingly good for this event.

20 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

I mean lets be honest the best overall servant is 35 stars out of nowhere kun magical overload, and Pretty 50 NP charge

I'm curious if you're not tanking your turns by doing so; not every boss has Arts resist down and the CE buff is pretty significant.
... also calm that boner of yours, jeez.

-----

Why do I have the feeling farming event currency in this event is going to be painful? None of the nodes so far are dropping copious amount of currency and the lack of bonus from Servants or free CE's is discouraging as well.
Then again I heard this event has a node for farming feathers that has an insane drop rate. Maybe it's a prudent to skip the less important stuff for massive feather grinding.

Edited by The Priest

50 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Isn't there gonna be more stuff released on the 28th or something?

Spoiler

Around the 28th~29th EX missions and additional Raids become available which you need to do for NP5 Chloe and her Ascension materials.

1 hour ago, The Priest said:

You have a Support list so that's an irrelevant argument. You could also say anyone who didn't do Christmas doesn't have Santa Alter either.

I could also use the support list to grab a unit with a drop CE instead of Medb since the actual difficulty so far has been trivial.

Also a 100% chance of getting a unit for playing the game beats a 0.66% chance of getting a unit by rolling x quartz.

Wait why are we arguing if we both agree

Despite this they are still close in damage. Considering that Medb is still better for her better NP gain unless you value the AoE to clear mobs.

Hence why Drake is so good. The enemies here have nowhere near enough health to need an ST especially since face cards already hit like a truck.

I don't know why you would ever choose JAlter in this event if Servants with class advantage scale better in the first place.

Options~

Also, she basically has another event CE tacked on her when Self-Mod is active. It lets you click face cards more for faster clears NP Skip when DW

Even against the last two I would choose neither of them or Medb and stick with a female Berserker like Raikou.

Oh yeah, Raikou is pretty good too.

I admit "best by far" is a big exaggeration but Medb is still pretty good for this event.
But ultimately I agree with JSND that none of the bonus Servants are overwhelmingly good for this event.

Then what was the point of this discussion

I'm curious if you're not tanking your turns by doing so; not every boss has Arts resist down and the CE buff is pretty significant.
... also calm that boner of yours, jeez.

One does not simply relax a dragon boner.

I’m making it a point to have Astolfo clear each boss to make things less boring, so yeah.

Why do I have the feeling farming event currency in this event is going to be painful? None of the nodes so far are dropping copious amount of currency and the lack of bonus from Servants or free CE's is discouraging as well.
Then again I heard this event has a node for farming feathers that has an insane drop rate. Maybe it's a prudent to skip the less important stuff for massive feather grinding.

Wait a week, my man.

44 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Isn't there gonna be more stuff released on the 28th or something?

More missions open up and EX Stages are unlocked.

god this event is tedious.

where's the fucking item drop CEs. I think I'm just gonna wind up doing the usual "get welfare to np5 and all the exp cards" thing that I do. I'll probably be able to do the missions, but this is so sloowww.

@The Priest I mean one way to do it is to use Saberlot as a support

Wave 1-2 i could pop KoO and Lake to get stars, have R-Alter crit and fill a good chunck of her NP. By the boss wave i could do it in 1-2 turns. If i ignored the mob, i could just use Jalter and she basically always crit with Saberlot support. Kscope Ralter with AO one shots the first two raids

Even then AO can do as much as 250k with proper set up against medb so it isn't a big issue

Also reason to use Jalter over Medb is godlike stats(16000 ATK or so basically means shes a Zerker over everyone else) + Charisma and Mana Burst. Her damage range should be simmilar to Medb as a whole because of that

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

Nearly done with the first half of the event. Currently at 66/100 missions. Got both CEs MLB, as well as Kuro at Lv 80.

I’m really noticing a huge difference between non-MLB and MLB, in terms of damage. I used Jeanne for a couple of raids and she was overkilling the boss by several hundred thousand points of HP. Geez.

On the fourth part.

Spoiler

Medea still makes no sense.  Helena was okay, albeit a bit gloomy.  Kinda pissed that Medb is an avenger instead of a rider, because I wanted to ruin her day with Shuten and MHX.

I had to use like 4 apples to make up for next week but I finally got Kuro to 3rd asension and have like 70 missions done already. Not having any drop CE makes this really painful but at least the bronze drop rate improved quite a bit in the Salter node. 

The raids seemed more scary on paper, in the end Helena took care of most of the mobs while Euryale/Tamalancer one shotted the bosses.

On other news, I finally got Ruler Martha to level 80. I still need to farm a bit more to give her the 4* Fous, and more QP/EXP for the grails. Guess she won't be ready until Nero Fest arrives.