Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

The Extra stages make the story worth it.  But I'm taking a break, because killing off a bunch of Caster servants is boring me to tears.

Spoiler

Especially the banana.

Edited by eclipse

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, QKumber said:

boring event... boring quests... boring raids

best part? was soloing the 400k Kuro with my lvl100 St George xD

and Kuro is fine, I like her. But meh...the quests are so not challenging

what you don't love 400k HP boss whose NP isn't even able to kill a 2* that can be one shot easilly that you have to fight 10 times for some reason with kill 10 fake servant in between to pad it out?

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

It's not significantly different from Garden of Order.  Replace the room unlocks with boss unlocks and they're pretty much the same.

The only real differences are that KnK shop CEs increased drops in a roundabout fashion by increasing the number of enemies to kill, but that made battles take longer.  I also see considerably fewer event CEs for this, as it seems people aren't really rolling on the banner.

I guess progress has been slow as usual for me, but I haven't been spending my apples. I am currently on Medb's kingdom.

Story so far has been enjoyable enough and the side stories are interesting, but the boss unlock system sucks. Even though I am using a guide I am not compelled to "see what comes next" and continue the grind. Something about KnK drew me in that the Prism Illya event does not, even though I have some knowledge of the latter.

Also, one 10 roll in with some tickets and no Illya or even Event CEs...

Finished all 75 missions currently available, and got Kuro’s 3rd skill to 10.

And yeah, these missions are slow, easy, and repetitive. This is supposed to be more of a casual event so I don’t let it bother me too much.

On 26.8.2018 at 12:41 AM, MrSmokestack said:

Wait why are we arguing if we both agree

Oi, you're the one who barged in and started quoting me so you tell me.

I'm done with missions so far and dropped all the gold EXP from the shop on Chloe to get her to 3rd Ascension. Wish I had a bit more to unlock her final stage because she is probably the best damage dealer I have on my own but oh well.
This event so far was pretty tedious though. Locking the Raid stages behind missions was not a good idea.
Once tomorrow hits though ... I will wake up in a bed made of Phoenix Feathers.

Btw. FGO is going to be on a con again (1st of September). Expect Nero Fest arriving soon after Prisma Illya. And more bronze fous and disappointment.

1 hour ago, The Priest said:

This event so far was pretty tedious though. Locking the Raid stages behind missions was not a good idea.

TBH, I don't actually get why everyone is complaining about this.  It's no different from the way all collab events work, as they all lock progression nodes behind missions.  Is it a perception thing, where you're just frustrated because you can see all of the boss's HP already?

15 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

what you don't love 400k HP boss whose NP isn't even able to kill a 2* that can be one shot easilly that you have to fight 10 times for some reason with kill 10 fake servant in between to pad it out?

KAPPA

there, FTFY hihi

7 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

TBH, I don't actually get why everyone is complaining about this.  It's no different from the way all collab events work, as they all lock progression nodes behind missions.  Is it a perception thing, where you're just frustrated because you can see all of the boss's HP already?

This is a raid event. I want to floor whoever gets in my way and not get told to fulfill arbitrary mission requirements.

Also both KnK and F/Z dealt with it better by being tied in with the story. If you're clearing out the Ogawa complex or hunting down HFH copies it's because the story told you, you're doing that now and that at least makes sense.

In Prisma it's the most non-sensical thing ever. "Hey, you knocked down a part of my HP, now go farm some skeletons or something. We just pause our fight, okay?"
That's utter ****. 

3 minutes ago, The Priest said:

In Prisma it's the most non-sensical thing ever. "Hey, you knocked down a part of my HP, now go farm some skeletons or something. We just pause our fight, okay?"
That's utter ****. 

What? That was a flawless game design xD

Not to forget the stupidily easy raids... 400k bosses WITH bonus units/CEs ? Come on Y.Y

2 minutes ago, The Priest said:

This is a raid event. I want to floor whoever gets in my way and not get told to fulfill arbitrary mission requirements.

Also both KnK and F/Z dealt with it better by being tied in with the story. If you're clearing out the Ogawa complex or hunting down HFH copies it's because the story told you, you're doing that now and that at least makes sense.

That's utter ****. 

So it's basically what I said then.  You can see the entire boss HP, so you want to kill it all at once.  Would it feel better if the episodes were individual nodes with standard arrow progression?  Because that's exactly the same thing just hidden using the UI.

Also, the "pause" isn't that nonsensical.  Most of the time, the missions are related to the surrounding area.  It's basically the boss retreating and making you fight mooks, which makes perfect sense for a magical girl show (and a hell of a lot of other genres), though it could have been communicated better.

2 hours ago, The Priest said:

Oi, you're the one who barged in and started quoting me so you tell me.

I'm done with missions so far and dropped all the gold EXP from the shop on Chloe to get her to 3rd Ascension. Wish I had a bit more to unlock her final stage because she is probably the best damage dealer I have on my own but oh well.
Once tomorrow hits though ... I will wake up in a bed made of Phoenix Feathers.

Btw. FGO is going to be on a con again (1st of September). Expect Nero Fest arriving soon after Prisma Illya. And more bronze fous and disappointment.

What con FGO is going to be at?

14 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

It's basically the boss retreating and making you fight mooks, which makes perfect sense for a magical girl show (and a hell of a lot of other genres), though it could have been communicated better.

So wait, let me get this straight.
We enter the kingdom, face some initial resistance in forms of cannon fodder and then already face the Queen. Let's just ignore the fact that we actually got invited in most cases (NR, Medea and Helena). But said ruler decides (after some fighting) that she has enough, somehow takes you outside of her residence and then you fight her other minions in many different places ... while we fight herself several times in-between those fights.

Also, speaking of mooks; you do realize that almost every Servant (or magical girl whatever) we face says that she is an underling of the First Lady, right (at least those from the Extra chapters)? They are not the underlings of the Servant that rules the zone, so aside from the general setup of the event, there is no reason for us to priotize them before the story Servants.

Sorry but you're kidding yourself. Perhaps it's your perception that's biased because no matter the genre, you can't be this stupid.

@Jingle Jangle IIRC it is Crunchyroll Expo or something. Don't know the details I'm not particularly interested in cons aside from games-related announcements.

Edited by The Priest

31 minutes ago, The Priest said:

So wait, let me get this straight.
We enter the kingdom, face some initial resistance in forms of cannon fodder and then already face the Queen. Let's just ignore the fact that we actually got invited in most cases (NR, Medea and Helena). But said ruler decides (after some fighting) that she has enough, somehow takes you outside of her residence and then you fight her other minions in many different places ... while we fight herself several times in-between those fights.

Also, speaking of mooks; you do realize that almost every Servant (or magical girl whatever) we face says that she is an underling of the First Lady, right (at least those from the Extra chapters)? They are not the underlings of the Servant that rules the zone, so aside from the general setup of the event, there is no reason for us to priotize them before the story Servants.

Sorry but you're kidding yourself. Perhaps it's your perception that's biased because no matter the genre, you can't be this stupid.

By and large, that is story and gameplay segregation.  Most of the missions are kill x type of minion, and the minions are associated with their Queen, not the First Lady.  IIRC the servant kill missions appear for Helena and Medb's fights, both of which are located next to the barrier, and having the First Lady's familiars interfere with the fights still makes sense.  Moving to other locations is largely a gameplay excuse to justify using a separate map, otherwise there would be a map with 6 nodes on it, with all quests for an area stacked up on a each node, and very few servant bosses to break up the gameplay.

The general pattern of "I need to retreat to power up, minions buy me time" is fairly obviously what they were trying to go for.  Just because you can't reconcile the idea with the execution doesn't mean it's not there. 

Edit:  Alternately, they ran away and we're chasing them, and we catch up to them again after running in circles and getting caught up in other fights.  My main point is that there are ways that the mission style fits the story formula, regardless of whether people like the execution.

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

6 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

By and large, that is story and gameplay segregation.  Most of the missions are kill x type of minion, and the minions are associated with their Queen, not the First Lady.  IIRC the servant kill missions appear for Helena and Medb's fights, both of which are located next to the barrier, and having the First Lady's familiars interfere with the fights still makes sense.  Moving to other locations is largely a gameplay excuse to justify using a separate map, otherwise there would be a map with 6 nodes on it, with all quests for an area stacked up on a each node, and very few servant bosses to break up the gameplay.

The general pattern of "I need to retreat to power up, minions buy me time" is fairly obviously what they were trying to go for.  Just because you can't reconcile the idea with the execution doesn't mean it's not there.

still doesn't mean it's good game design.

it works in a show, not so much in a game that's got the event on a limited timer.

5 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

still doesn't mean it's good game design.

it works in a show, not so much in a game that's got the event on a limited timer.

It is the same game design used for previous collab events, with a different UI on the package, which was my original point.  As far as I can tell, the only issue people have with this is that it uses the raid UI, rather than standard quest UI, which makes people want to kill the boss HP faster.

I never said it was good game design, I said it was the same as before.  And Priest's last response to me wasn't about the game design anyways, it was about the rationale for the missions gating episodes.

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

38 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I have watched the Oath Under the Snow movie. I thought it was nice, Shirou was the best part. It that the end of the Prisma Illya series?

That's the end of the anime for now.  The source manga is still ongoing, but there isn't enough content yet for another season.

Finished the story.  That wasn't one of the more enjoyable endings.

Spoiler

except when Kuro showed up.  I can get behind breaking the fourth wall!