THE ULTIMATE OBORO IS HERE (Write-up)

Arcanite

OBORO  

51 members have voted

1. 1. How awesome is Oboro on a scale of 1-10?

Don't mind the spoiler; just a little mess I regurgitated, 'cuz I think this thread is the most appropriate place for it.

Spoiler

YEAH

Raise your RGaYS2c.pngノ  B O R O S , everyone!  Oboro is hype!  H o s h i d a n   P r i d e c23KTQb.png r e a c t s   o n l y !

Spoiler

gYLYGda.jpg

T h a n k   y o u ,   O b o r o

Praise be, Oboro RGaYS2c.png

Oboro is (or should say "was", because I hardly play Heroes anymore) my star platinum unit.  She received the utmost training, in anticipation of the day that never came ;_; when she'd be able to officially serve with Takumeme yet again.

Though I hardly ever played this game competitively, so I didn't necessarily know if my Oboro was actually amazing or what her metagame was.  Good to know she can at least be decent.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

Hide contents

YEAH

Raise your RGaYS2c.pngノ  B O R O S , everyone!  Oboro is hype!  H o s h i d a n   P r i d e c23KTQb.png r e a c t s   o n l y !

Reveal hidden contents

gYLYGda.jpg

T h a n k   y o u ,   O b o r o

Praise be, Oboro RGaYS2c.png

It's beautiful :')

10 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

Oboro is (or should say "was", because I hardly play Heroes anymore) my star platinum unit.  She received the utmost training, in anticipation of the day that never came ;_; when she'd be able to officially serve with Takumeme yet again.

Though I hardly ever played this game competitively, so I didn't necessarily know if my Oboro was actually amazing or what her metagame was.  Good to know she can at least be decent.

Yeah quite a few units in this game fall into the category of "Decent but not game breaking"

Others are..... not so great (looks at Odin). She needs a lot of SI to be epic which isnt too bad considering some units are so bad they can't even use SI to get a decent build heh

Oboro was my first 4 star and one of my most usefull unit so i made her 5 star .

She isn't the est but she still does the job quite well as a physical tank and i love her seal defence skill  ( and heavy spear is not so bad she can even killed hector ! (with help  )). I give her all of Peri skill ( well the weapon and special to be fair), the best things i had ever done moslty because i like the idea of killing Pery for Oboro it's sounds rigth .I also give Oboro ignition and the skill that boost the def under 50pour cent hp.

3 hours ago, nosef said:

Oboro was my first 4 star and one of my most usefull unit so i made her 5 star .

She isn't the est but she still does the job quite well as a physical tank and i love her seal defence skill  ( and heavy spear is not so bad she can even killed hector ! (with help  )). I give her all of Peri skill ( well the weapon and special to be fair), the best things i had ever done moslty because i like the idea of killing Pery for Oboro it's sounds rigth .I also give Oboro ignition and the skill that boost the def under 50pour cent hp.

Oboro is not Est because only Est is the Est. Est [+Atk, B Lance, Luna, L&D, Lbreaker] can get 112 kills, 7 more than Oboro.

I like puns.

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

No dude, Oboro is Est! She's the Est of all the Est!

Haha.

On 6/26/2017 at 5:44 PM, GuiltyLove said:

10/10 thread 

please pin this

On 6/26/2017 at 5:46 PM, Arcanite said:

I'm starting to regret posting that poll now

@eclipse You know you want to make it happen :awesome:

I'd sooner pin my Raigh write-up.

On 6/26/2017 at 5:06 PM, DehNutCase said:

Edit: Also, my main problem with Seal skills is that Seal Attack is probably the only one that matters. If you've fought something a round already, that thing doesn't need anymore debuffs to their defenses, hp (poison strike), or spd to die, so their Atk, their ability to kill things, is the only thing that matters.

Jeorge actually liked his Seal Atk a lot while training, since it lets him not die to things he can't quite ORKO.

It's perfect for units who you want the enemies to attack on their phase.  The Seal will carry over to your turn, and then you can unleash hell.  Hence why I run a Seal skill on Jakob.  Oboro's default set points to a unit who's meant to be attacked by a physical enemy on their phase, so that Seal Def/Threaten Res kick in on your phase.

@Arcanite, here's a request for two skills:

- Fortress Def
- Distant Def

The former should be obvious.  The latter is to see whether or not she survives a few more mages ('sides the likes of Nino/Linde, since we both know that's not happening).

1 minute ago, GuiltyLove said:

Oh? I'm interested in reading it 

Probably not anytime soon.  I'm busy with a lot of other stuff ATM.

10 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I'd sooner pin my Raigh write-up.

You know Oboro deserves to be pinned! The people must know her greatness!

12 minutes ago, eclipse said:

- Fortress Def
- Distant Def

The former should be obvious.  The latter is to see whether or not she survives a few more mages ('sides the likes of Nino/Linde, since we both know that's not happening).

Didn't put fortress defense on there because you're sacrificing a unit that does her job better (Lukas) for the A skill anyway.

Distant defense I feel iffy about... I guess I'll see what I can do

Maybe some crazy +Res set that turns her into an even bigger wall that now also tanks mages?

You know Oboro deserves to be pinned! The people must know her greatness!

Didn't put fortress defense on there because you're sacrificing a unit that does her job better (Lukas) for the A skill anyway.

Distant defense I feel iffy about... I guess I'll see what I can do

Maybe some crazy +Res set that turns her into an even bigger wall that now also tanks mages?

For Fortress Def, I was thinking running her default B/C skills, so that she'd do her job as enemy phase bait and debuffer, or for people that get some nonsense like +Spd/-Atk on Lukas.  For Distant Def, it would be for some of the weaker mages (she's not surviving the actual nukes).

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

For Fortress Def, I was thinking running her default B/C skills, so that she'd do her job as enemy phase bait and debuffer, or for people that get some nonsense like +Spd/-Atk on Lukas.

Default B skill? You mean seal defense? Ehhhhhhhhh.....

I don't know.... you know how I feel about Seal skills. They're so... "not-so-great" and there are better skills to feed to her as well... I guess it could work as a budget build.

6 minutes ago, eclipse said:

For Distant Def, it would be for some of the weaker mages (she's not surviving the actual nukes).

Yes I see

Now seal defense on a build like this would be ok, since the mages would attack her but not kill her and would be debuffed next turn for her or another ally to slice them up.

Using seal skills is so contrary to my programming.

Yes I see

Now seal defense on a build like this would be ok, since the mages would attack her but not kill her and would be debuffed next turn for her or another ally to slice them up.

Using seal skills is so contrary to my programming.

If you're going for that build, I'd run Seal Speed/Threaten Def.  Yes, it's a little backwards.  However, most mages aren't known for their physical durability, but they tend to be somewhat fast.  The -7 Speed should allow some of your slower units to double (for example, Nowi doubles both Robins after Seal Spd).

13 minutes ago, eclipse said:

If you're going for that build, I'd run Seal Speed/Threaten Def.  Yes, it's a little backwards.  However, most mages aren't known for their physical durability, but they tend to be somewhat fast.  The -7 Speed should allow some of your slower units to double (for example, Nowi doubles both Robins after Seal Spd).

It does seem a little backwards lol

Perhaps something like that could work, though for me in particular I don't have much trouble doubling anything since most of my mainly used units have 35+ Speed anyway.

Also I just realized to give her distant defense you'd have to sacrifice a Celica XD

Edited by Arcanite

6 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

It does seem a little backwards lol

Perhaps something like that could work, though for me in particular I don't have much trouble doubling anything since most of my mainly used units have 35+ Speed anyway.

Also I just realized to give her distant defense you'd have to sacrifice a Celica XD

If Celica is a duplicate with an awful boon/bane (+HP/-Atk comes to mind), that shouldn't be a problem.

How often do you double the likes of Hana/Lucina?

Just now, eclipse said:

If Celica is a duplicate with an awful boon/bane (+HP/-Atk comes to mind), that shouldn't be a problem.

How often do you double the likes of Hana/Lucina?

How often do I double Lucina? Maybe 3% of the time XD

Most of the time I just put Azura in front of her and walk away :P and sometimes Azura is able to double from my Lyn's Spur speed but I'd say that I don't double Lucina that much, not that I even need to double her anyway.

I don't ever see Hanas in the arena though heh

42 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Dang I should really work on making an Ultimate Oboro sometime after I finish upgrading everyone else...

You'll need Matthew, Leo/Subaki, Hinata, Selena, Male Robin, and Catria/Lukas

got any of those?

Just now, Arcanite said:

You'll need Matthew, Leo/Subaki, Hinata, Selena, Male Robin, and Catria/Lukas

got any of those?

Matthew: Yes

Leo/Subaki: Kinda

Hinata: No

Selena: Yes

M!Robin: Too many

Catria/Lukas: >implying I'll ever sacrifice Catria

I have a few Lukas units though

3 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Matthew: Yes

Leo/Subaki: Kinda

Hinata: No

Selena: Yes

M!Robin: Too many

Catria/Lukas: >implying I'll ever sacrifice Catria

I have a few Lukas units though

Promote Subaki to 4 star 

Locate a Hinata, or use that 5 star Lukas for Fortress defense instead (though you can do this whole set on him instead)

Youll also want a +Atk Oboro as well, if you have one 

are you actually thinking about doing this? 

6 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Promote Subaki to 4 star 

Locate a Hinata, or use that 5 star Lukas for Fortress defense instead (though you can do this whole set on him instead)

Youll also want a +Atk Oboro as well, if you have one 

are you actually thinking about doing this? 

Maybe

My queue is:

1. Camus
  2. :Nino:
  3. Michalis
  4. Nowi
  5. Catria (to merge)

Actually, there's no particular order after Nino. I'll see what I can do though

1 minute ago, GuiltyLove said:

Maybe

My queue is:

1. Camus
  2. :Nino:
  3. Michalis
  4. Nowi
  5. Catria (to merge)

Actually, there's no particular order after Nino. I'll see what I can do though

Well as I always say, there's always room for more Oboros!

Even though your Catria has a very similar set

Ah. Yes good. Nice Oboro writeup! After much deliberation on who to 5* next out of my several optimal Horse emblem units and dragon waifus, I ultimately settled on the Best Girl^tm and have been working on getting her enough SP to finish her kit.

Here's what I settled on: Killer Lance+ | Swap | Ignis | Def+3 (placeholder for Fury since I've pulled a grand total of 0 hinatas) | QR2 | Threaten Atk 3 | HP seal

My Oboro is... not the best...? At +Def/-HP; needless to say -Spd would be much better, but this does the job that I built her for, which is to survive long enough to bust people's faces with Ignis. The lack of Quickened Pulse is saddening but I feel like she needs the extra HP... BUT once she gets her 5* weapon when I have enough feathers to upgrade one of my Shanna, I'll probably swap over to QP.

I ran calcs and Oboro (at least with my IV, not sure if having neutral HP would make much of a difference honestly) does better with Defense+3 than Atk+3 if you don't have access to Fury (or don't want all that chip damage during TT), surviving significantly more matchups and only losing a few kills VS Atk+3 IIRC. 

Also @Arcanite what are your thoughts on a pseudo-Effie sort of set with like Brave+ | Bonfire/Ignis | Death Blow/Sturdy Blow | QR | Threaten Def/etc ? Seems like her best bet for an offensive player phase set to me. If I had a +Atk Oboro I'd probably consider making something like that (if I get one maybe I'll merge them and have both options on the table lol...)

Edited by BANRYU

5 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Also @Arcanite what are your thoughts on a pseudo-Effie sort of set with like Brave+ | Bonfire/Ignis | Death Blow/Sturdy Blow | QR | Threaten Def/etc ? Seems like her best bet for an offensive player phase set to me. If I had a +Atk Oboro I'd probably consider making something like that (if I get one maybe I'll merge them and have both options on the table lol...)

Someone pointed this out earlier, and I forgot to mention it in the OP!

Just give me a second to do some other stuffs!

7 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

I ran calcs and Oboro (at least with my IV, not sure if having neutral HP would make much of a difference honestly) does better with Defense+3 than Atk+3 if you don't have access to Fury (or don't want all that chip damage during TT), surviving significantly more matchups and only losing a few kills VS Atk+3 IIRC. 

I guess it's a case of more survivability vs. more murderousness. Atk +3 Gives more of an edge with an attack buff as well, just to note, while Def+3 can also make for some crazy sustain with a defense buff.