Old tempest thread, plz delet

V-raptor

3 minutes ago, JSND said:

Thats higher than me lol. Im still a 50k scrub

Worth mentioning I slacked for an important part of the first week. I only started busting my ass somewhat recently.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

What's your current rank? I'm curious how many people are at this point going into the final day.

I know I wasn't the one you asked, but I also broke past 100k a while back. My score of 106,825 puts at #2,903 for now.

15 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I know I wasn't the one you asked, but I also broke past 100k a while back. My score of 106,825 puts at #2,903 for now.

15 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

100,560 score gets me to rank 6,283

Thank you both. I was correct in guessing all of the top 5000 players would hit 100K scores. Maybe even the rest of the top 10000 players at this point. It all comes down to this last day dash.

Welp... borrowed a relative's work charger so I could see my score and I'm RIGHT outside the top 5k. With no way to power my phone during the day looks like after all that effort I'm going to still be left with 6k feathers. I was in the top 1k at one point... God that's annoying.

Stupid phone.

That feeling when your Desperation Tharja, Linde and Sharena gets wrecked by a Wrathful Staff Serra in map 6.

Olivia was the sole survivor but no way she can stand against Celica on her own.

Should have used Sharena to attack Serra straight away instead of using Rally Speed on Tharja who still couldn't double. Oh and checked the B skill too. 

2 hours ago, JSND said:

Thats higher than me lol. Im still a 50k scrub

If that's "scrub" level, I'm below "scrub" level. TT, even with its improvements, still feels like a chore. It's boring.

Edited by Lord-Zero

5 hours ago, Rezzy said:

My spouse loves 5-Guys and picks it up sometimes.  I didn't realize it was that expensive.  It's pretty good, but not something I get all that often.

I see people who go to Five Guys and get a burger with only cheese and ketchup and wonder why they're there at all. Like, the entire point of going to Five Guys is to get free unlimited toppings (my order is always a bacon cheeseburger with mayonnaise, lettuce, tomato, grilled onions, relish, barbecue sauce, and A1 steak sauce, where "cheeseburger" at Five Guys is a "double cheeseburger" elsewhere, and that goes for $8.69 before tax; compare with the A1 Ultimate Bacon Cheeseburger at Burger King for $6.29) and a literal mountain of fries because that's how you get your money's worth.

Past 40k, probably gunning to hit around 45k and leave it at that.

I'd likely be done if I had Mae before this round, but I only pulled her lately.

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I see people who go to Five Guys and get a burger with only cheese and ketchup and wonder why they're there at all. Like, the entire point of going to Five Guys is to get free unlimited toppings (my order is always a bacon cheeseburger with mayonnaise, lettuce, tomato, grilled onions, relish, barbecue sauce, and A1 steak sauce, where "cheeseburger" at Five Guys is a "double cheeseburger" elsewhere, and that goes for $8.69 before tax; compare with the A1 Ultimate Bacon Cheeseburger at Burger King for $6.29) and a literal mountain of fries because that's how you get your money's worth.

For the fries, they overfill the container, so they pour loose fries into the bag.  I always just get the single.

10 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

For the fries, they overfill the container, so they pour loose fries into the bag.  I always just get the single.

Watching the people at work in the back, they fill the cup with fries, then fill a hot dog tray with fries, and when they put it in your bag, they put the cup in with the burger, then dump the fries from the tray over everything.

I wonder where the threshold for top 50k rank will end up. I'm still surprisingly close despite being barely past 40k points; might be worth pushing a bit for. Although others might have that same idea...

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Watching the people at work in the back, they fill the cup with fries, then fill a hot dog tray with fries, and when they put it in your bag, they put the cup in with the burger, then dump the fries from the tray over everything.

I still have a soft spot for Steak 'n Shake.  I ate there just about every day for 6 years, when I worked there back in the day.

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

My future spouse likes the burger meat itself.

And she hates burger toppings.

So she just gets a little cheeseburger with cheese and ketchup.

24 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I still have a soft spot for Steak 'n Shake.  I ate there just about every day for 6 years, when I worked there back in the day.

My experience with it, sadly, is way different.

How'd this discussion happen?

Anyways... Up to 40k on Belinda's phone. At 37k on mine. Gonna get phantom speed and that's all folks.

39 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

I thought you were married a while ago? Or was it that you only got engaged or something?

Anyway, I’m at a fine score of 55,533 and like the number enough that I won’t bother to change it. 15 hours left on the clock. Good-bye, tempest in Valentia!

12 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I thought you were married a while ago? Or was it that you only got engaged or something?

Engaged.

Can't have the wedding until my dad is able to fly over here.

He's still recovering from surgery. Still saving up for the wedding in the meanwhile.

1 hour ago, shadowofchaos said:

Okay, I suppose that's a valid reason. The burger meat is pretty damned good, being freshly grilled and all.

Sitting at 48,645 (69 runs at 705 points). I should be able to hit 50,000 before the end and claim some free orbs.

26 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Sitting at 48,645 (69 runs at 705 points). I should be able to hit 50,000 before the end and claim some free orbs.

I'm done.

I might try to get the 50k points for Belinda to help her roll Summer Robin.

But unlikely.

I wish I could give her my 69 orbs.

2 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

I'm done.

I might try to get the 50k points for Belinda to help her roll Summer Robin.

But unlikely.

I wish I could give her my 69 orbs.

The hard 5 map TT is pretty easy to A rank speed with auto (even if you suffer some in terms of survival), I get slightly more than 400 points every single run (with a 40% bonus unit, mind), so if personal time and effort commitment is the bottle neck, you can just auto your way into points. (It's how I got my 50k. Had to spend a few potions since my stamina usage isn't perfect, but I'd much rather press auto a few times over the course of 3 minutes or so than actually play out every single map in Lunatic 7.)

56 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

The hard 5 map TT is pretty easy to A rank speed with auto (even if you suffer some in terms of survival), I get slightly more than 400 points every single run (with a 40% bonus unit, mind), so if personal time and effort commitment is the bottle neck, you can just auto your way into points. (It's how I got my 50k. Had to spend a few potions since my stamina usage isn't perfect, but I'd much rather press auto a few times over the course of 3 minutes or so than actually play out every single map in Lunatic 7.)

I'll keep that in mind for next time.