Voting Gauntlet: Battle on the Beach!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Battle on the Beach poll!  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Okay, I see where you're coming from now. I'm not trying to force anyone to agree with me, I apologize if it seems that way. Though wouldn't ANYONE like people to agree with them?

And if I'm set off by something, it's not supposed to be the disagreement itself. I could be upset for the reasons someone disagrees too, just to point out. I mean, I'm a big Frederick fangirl, right? I totally love him. I don't mind if someone hates him. They can hate him all they want, it won't stop me from loving him. But say the person said that the only reason they hated him so much was because his armor is a dumb color. That's silly, isn't it? I'm not going to tell the person they can't hate Frederick, but they certainly shouldn't hate him for his choice of armor coloring. Now if they didn't like his personality, or didn't like his design overall or something, that's fine, nothing wrong with that.

I could also be upset at someone's tone towards me. So if I'm set off, it's not because the person disagrees. I swear.

I agree it's perfectly natural to want people to agree with you. We all need to work at accepting and living with the fact that this isn't the case. 

Okay but your hating Fredrick example is exactly what I'm taking about. Hating a character based solely on one thing like that is silly, but there is no reason to go out of your way to tell that person that they are wrong. Arguments like that rarely change anyone's mind and are a waste of energy for all parties. It's okay for people to not like characters for stupid reasons. 

Work on knowing when to walk away from conversations that could easily veer into arguments, and ignoring posts like the statistics thing that you don't like. I do it all the time. Just read the first couple of words of most posts and you know wether or not it's something worth your time. 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Liliesgrace said:

Apparently all of my friends have been getting my +10 Ninian so hopefully that's not a complete waste for them.

I can say that Ninians have helped me out quite a lot, so I imagine it's much of the same for them. Now, the AI Ninians on the other hand are kind of dead weight most of the time, as AI refreshers tend to be.

9 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

No, but I've seen screenshots of it on Reddit.

It goes both ways, too, depending on the map.

ie. in the story map in which you face off against Narcian and Zephiel, a weaponless flier can camp over the water and force the player team to surrender if the player has no fliers.

Ouch. That's super feels bad... And I thought getting an Odin on my team in VG was bad enough...

6 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Like I said, there's a lot of casual players who don't know or simply don't give much of a damn on what they're doing as long as they're having fun. And then, there's the griefers who don't equip weapons.

That's just a dick move right there. Damn griefers. You can at least excuse the casual players, but griefers. Man do I hate those bastards. I always went to help out people in WoW getting camped by griefers, even if it was way out of the way for where I was going.

10 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Me yesterday, with a team consisting of my Karel, an Alm and an Ike...versus Reinhardt, Linde, and Sharena. 0/10 fairness.

That's kinda why colorless is the best option if you want to have zero chance of being RNG screwed over like that. Granted, -raven tomes are out there, but they can be circumvented much easier than something like what I ran into.

Yeah, I would of just surrendered. Unless those characters are left without proper skills and weapons you really stand no chance there. 

Colorless is a good option, but Robin is going to be the bane of your existence unless you get something like Kagero with poison daggers.

2 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

I agree it's perfectly natural to want people to agree with you. We all need to work at accepting and living with the fact that this isn't the case. 

Okay but your hating Fredrick example is exactly what I'm taking about. Hating a character based solely on one thing like that is silly, but there is no reason to go out of your way to tell that person that they are wrong. Arguments like that rarely change anyone's mind and are a waste of energy for all parties. It's okay for people to not like characters for stupid reasons. 

Work on knowing when to walk away from conversations that could easily veer into arguments, and ignoring posts like the statistics thing that you don't like. I do it all the time. Just read the first couple of words of most posts and you know wether or not it's something worth your time. 

Eh, okay then. I would prefer to just walk away from something that looks like it could get ugly anyway.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Eh, okay then. I would prefer to just walk away from something that looks like it could get ugly anyway.

There you go, work on doing that more consistently.

Darn it all! I went too early in on the battle and assumed that it was just going to be the same. I'm only going to hit the multiplier once this time. Darn it all again -.- 

Why do I have no patience? I thought it updated on the hour. I forgot it can be a little after >.<

Oh well. Go Team Gaius!

7 minutes ago, Solunar said:

Anybody in team corrin repping a colorless unit? I seem to get all other colors on my battles. 

I know I've got you on my friends list, but I have yet to get your Azura. Have you gotten my Tiki yet?

I can put up +10 Kagero [+Atk, -Res] (Poison Dagger+, Retribution, Life and Death 3, Daggerbreaker 3) or +0 Elise [+Atk, -HP] (Gravity, Recover, Kindled-Fire Balm, Attack +3, Wrathful Staff 3, Hone Cavalry, Fortify Res 1) if you want and hope you actually get them. Do you have a preference?

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 minute ago, Cute Chao said:

Darn it all! I went too early in on the battle and assumed that it was just going to be the same. I'm only going to hit the multiplier once this time. Darn it all again -.- 

Why do I have no patience? I thought it updated on the hour. I forgot it can be a little after >.<

Oh well. Go Team Gaius!

You can still do it twice in the hour - just make sure you get into the next battle before it updates.

Damn, Gaius just got the multiplier :/

Holding off for now.

8 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Yeah, I would of just surrendered. Unless those characters are left without proper skills and weapons you really stand no chance there. 

Colorless is a good option, but Robin is going to be the bane of your existence unless you get something like Kagero with poison daggers.

Yup, everyone was fully built and I had zero choice but to surrender.

And yeah, M!Robins are definitely a threat to a full colorless team, but since colorless is generally rare as the lead unit, I find that getting all colorless teams pretty much doesn't happen, unlike all one color teams.

Edited by Extrasolar

Welp, it seems Gaius has the multiplier again, as expected. I honestly have no idea about how this is going to turn out anymore, but lets go for it team Leo.

LETS PROVE ONCE AND FOR ALL THAT TOMATO'S ARE BETTER THEN CANDY!

5 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

I can say that Ninians have helped me out quite a lot, so I imagine it's much of the same for them. Now, the AI Ninians on the other hand are kind of dead weight most of the time, as AI refreshers tend to be.

Refreshers being dead weight for the AI? Have we been playing the same game? Any arena team I face that doesn't have a dancer feels like a free win these days...

1 minute ago, Bartozio said:

Refreshers being dead weight for the AI? Have we been playing the same game? Any arena team I face that doesn't have a dancer feels like a free win these days...

Really? Weird, because all of the AI that I go up against can't use a refresher unit to save its life.

Because all of the refreshers I've gone up against recently just stand there miles away from anybody they can dance into threat range until their team's main offensive unit is dead, and then they start moving in. I almost feel sorry for the Olivias and Ninians without anyone to support. At least Azura can conceivably be a threat if she doesn't sing anyone in.

2 minutes ago, Frenzify said:

My Beruka would like a word with her! xD

Oh yeah, any half decent green will make mincemeat out of her in short order. But she can target reds pretty well, at least. xD

15 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

You can still do it twice in the hour - just make sure you get into the next battle before it updates.

I'm going to have to be very on the ball... So I'm getting one battle as soon as this one lets me, and then as soon as it lets me again, I'll try to get the second multiplier. If it doesn't work then oh well, I tried my best. I'll remember to hold off next time. If it does work... woot :D 

6 hours ago, Astellius said:

Congrats! Hope you stay there!

Alas! I missed a multiplier. (I set an alarm for it too, but I ended up sleeping through it. XD Too much tacticianing, I guess?) I went from rank 19 to rank 1019. Ouch. However... I may hop back up there if we get another multiplier soon!

2 hours ago, DarkLordIvy said:

I do hope Leo pulls a win, although I am starting to get pretty miffed at all of my failed summoning attempts and that 5* Marth from two days ago. I've been getting @Rafiel's Aria's Cordelia in almost all of my recent battles with @Rezzy's Bridelia showing up when regular Cordelia doesn't. So much Cordelia! And still here I am thinking of sacking my own 5* Cordelia to give someone else Galeforce. Heheh

To be honest, I probably would've sacked this Cordelia had she not been +ATK. I have an Effie that would love her Brave Lance. :3

3 hours ago, LoboKD001 said:

This round man...  this is killing my sleep schedule...

I don't want to hear anyone complain about sleep schedules. I haven't slept for more then 2 hours at a time since the gauntlet started. Basically I get a couple 29 min naps between battles. 2 battles per hour. Almost every hour. Of the possible 180 battles through two rounds, I will hit about 165-168 battles.

Worst part is that I work 3rd shift so I wont be able to sleep for that 3 hours between rounds. I can't wait for the gauntlet to end. I'm gonna sleep for like 12 hours straight.

Omg, If Gaius wins... The Final could be the most lopsided ever. Even if Team Gaius triples from all of the refugees, It would still be at least a 6:1 margin in Corrin's favor.

Poor Leo. 3 disappointing loses in the gauntlet... Everyone should come to Team Corrin for that sweet revenge!

6 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Omg, If Gaius wins... The Final could be the most lopsided ever. Even if Team Gaius triples from all of the refugees, It would still be at least a 6:1 margin in Corrin's favor.

Poor Leo. 3 disappointing loses in the gauntlet... Everyone should come to Team Corrin for that sweet revenge!

Eh, we would also get bodied by Corrin if we're the ones who advance, just not quite as badly as what could potentially await the candy man.

I suppose Leo would like it if I lent my aid to his sister, but I'm still weighing my options.

2 hours ago, DarkLordIvy said:

I do hope Leo pulls a win, although I am starting to get pretty miffed at all of my failed summoning attempts and that 5* Marth from two days ago. I've been getting @Rafiel's Aria's Cordelia in almost all of my recent battles with @Rezzy's Bridelia showing up when regular Cordelia doesn't. So much Cordelia! And still here I am thinking of sacking my own 5* Cordelia to give someone else Galeforce. Heheh

It seems like an awful lot of people keep getting my Bridelia.  I think I've gotten your Soren only once so far.

I think Tempest should just be ditched to be honest.  It's either a curbstomp or they have to handicap the favorite so much that it no longer really shows which character is most popular.  It used to be that the underdog had the benefit of having an easier time ranking, but now, with the multiplier, they can still rank more easily, but can also get their team to win.  So, it's a loss on both a personal and team front, if you side with the favorite.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

I think Tempest should just be ditched to be honest.  It's either a curbstomp or they have to handicap the favorite so much that it no longer really shows which character is most popular.  It used to be that the underdog had the benefit of having an easier time ranking, but now, with the multiplier, they can still rank more easily, but can also get their team to win.  So, it's a loss on both a personal and team front, if you side with the favorite.

Did you mean the gauntlet? 

If so, I'm happy with it staying. It's a source of free feathers and a few orbs, so I'm not complaining win or lose lol 

Edited by Cute Chao

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

And by Tempest you mean Voting Gauntlet, right?

@Rezzy Tempest? At least it ain't the feathers/flags mixup!

But yeah ranking is even trickier with multipliers even in the smaller team, because if you miss it you suddenly shoot down a few 1000 places (rip me)

Well let's hope Leo bounces back soon!

Edited by mcsilas