The 25 character theory: DEBUNKED

Jedi

6 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

...Nope, still not seeing him singularly.

I think the fact it wasn't in Mystery alone states just how problematic it would be to give the Fighter to an Archanean character (RANDOM SAJI!), and with the cast size looking like this...

You don't see him getting in? Is that what you're seriously saying? If you think they can't have just one armor, then I point to Frederick being a GK.

Lissa is already an axe infantry unit, but if there's any other I'd say Barst honestly has a shot. Who else could it be? Arthur?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

You don't see him getting in? Is that what you're seriously saying? If you think they can't have just one armor, then I point to Frederick being a GK.

Lissa is already an axe infantry unit, but if there's any other I'd say Barst honestly has a shot. Who else could it be? Arthur?

No, I'm saying I can't see him alone, without any of the other C1 Aritian guys.

Exactly my point. The best hope we have is the random loggers that didn't come back for Mystery. At least New Mystery gives them a chance...

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

To which I say: Caeda and Gordin. Potentially Abel, to.

I don't hold to 25 as a hard number, some units, like the Robins, Corrins, and Twins could share cards. It's also possible they would omit OCs from more then just a group shot card..who knows?

If it is 25 total though, that's fine with me. It's still more then Hyrule Warriors had and DLC both free and paid is still likely, including a possible Legends style story & characters DLC update.

39 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Exactly my point. The best hope we have is the random loggers that didn't come back for Mystery. At least New Mystery gives them a chance...

They had him in Tokyo Mirage Sessions though..just sayin'

is cordelia really gonna be the only awakening character who doesn't join in the first chapter

that'd be pretty lame

although that does seem like such a weird choice that i feel like they might add one more

Edited by unique

1 hour ago, The DanMan said:

Arthur would be pretty ideal actually. With his over the top design and silly antics Arthur is a great fit for a Warriors game. He has great charm and thats an area where Barst is lacking in.

if shadow dragon really will be getting so few characters I'd find it weird if they still chose an incredible minor character like Barst. Though I do agree he had a shot.

I think the 25 card count is just a sign of the least amount of characters we will get. When you look at the roster as it currently is, there is so much missing that it just looks silly. Missing any infantry lancers, missing knights, we are missing any rogue types, we only have 2 mages, only 1 infantry axe user, only 2 lance users (none being cavalry), no beast/dragon characters, only 1 archer, only 1 wyvern. Then you add in the fact that Shadow Dragon so far only has Marth, and Fates, if this is the final roster count, will only get the royals, and not even all of them. Awakening has only its main characters (even Cordelia technically counts, she did have a slight bit of story relevance early on). There is no surprise characters here. This is all the characters that were obviously going to be in. Nothing special about the roster at all.

It seems off. Really off. Either they fucked up big time with this roster, or we are missing something here. I am leaning towards us missing something here. I doubt they would reveal the entire roster count in this way, it just doesnt seem right. Considering the absolute nightmare that has been Fire Emblem Warriors PR, I think we will have to wait and see.

Edited by Tolvir

I'm gonna be in the boat that assumes that it probably isn't indicative of how many characters will be in the game.

It'd probably just be all the main characters and villains in FE Warriors.  Or it'll just be all the characters they plan to reveal.

In any event, I think it's silly to assume this indicates anything.  For all we know, it's just the five special sword wielders plus the OC twins, and we'll get 'em in multiple poses and costumes or whatever.  There are lots of possibilities, so I'm gonna treat it for what it is; merchandise.

Assuming no villains and shared cards: Draug, Tiki, and Caeda for Shadow Dragon, Tharja and Virion for Awakening, M!Corrin, Azura, and Oboro for Fates.

Tiki has the Amiibo so she's pretty much all but confirmed, Armors were mentioned to be in the game and Draug has the best case out of them, Caeda is the most plot important character aside from Marth, Tharja is one of the most popular characters from Awakening, Gaius I threw in because I feel the poster will have parity between its two sides and we could use a thief character, M!Corrin I feel will be in for the same reasons as F!Robin, Azura has her VA hinting at an upcoming project and Warriors seems to align with it, and Oboro for roster parity on the other side of the poster for her. Villains I excluded because they can pull a Cia and make them DLC early on, I similarly ignored the possibility of shared cards to keep the numbers more restricted.

Playing a bit with hypotheticals though, if the villains are playable in the main game, I'd substitute Caeda, Gaius, and Oboro out for Gharnef, Gangrel, and Garon since all three have major roles in their games, have more meaningful interactions with the main characters of their respective games, and in the case of Gangrel and Garon, would help round out the lacking representation of certain classes (thieves for Gangrel) and weapons (axes for Garon). Similarly, if M!Corrin and F!Robin are shared with their counterparts, then I'd give the last two slots to SD's Minerva and Merric since I don't think they'll squeeze another Fates and Awakening character into the poster and both would add some more variety to the game with their axe and magic weapons respectively.

Edited by Medeus

Didn't they say in a short interview that there were MORE awakening characters coming in? if 25 really is the limit that is extremely worrysome for Shadow Dragon considering Azura and M Corrin are obvs making it in and taking more slots.

9 minutes ago, Saint_Stahn said:

Didn't they say in a short interview that there were MORE awakening characters coming in? if 25 really is the limit that is extremely worrysome for Shadow Dragon considering Azura and M Corrin are obvs making it in and taking more slots.

The interview actually was from before Cordelia was revealed; that said, due to the poster setup and basic reasoning, Tharja seems likely.

1 minute ago, The DanMan said:

The interview actually was from before Cordelia was revealed; that said, due to the poster setup and basic reasoning, Tharja seems likely.

Ah thanks for the info mate... i mean... all right I guess. Man I guess I won't even be getting a single one of my B team characters from any game.

Do I really want to buy the game where I just use like 3 characters? I guess Ill just wait for a sequel or just... play something else. *shrugs*

3 hours ago, Saint_Stahn said:

Ah thanks for the info mate... i mean... all right I guess. Man I guess I won't even be getting a single one of my B team characters from any game.

Do I really want to buy the game where I just use like 3 characters? I guess Ill just wait for a sequel or just... play something else. *shrugs*

reasonable enough, personally if Tiki and robin weren't/aren't  in, I will feel a lot less motivated to buy purely on account of everyone else falling below my B tier favorites and that would push me from slight bias to just ok as far as my grading scale goes. I certainly hope that we get some left fielders in the future, all these obvious announcements are a bit tiresome.

I would love if tharja was replaced with some other awakening character, but that's just hopeful thinking on my part.

Edited by thecrimsonflash

8 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

reasonable enough, personally if Tiki and robin weren't/aren't  in, I will feel a lot less motivated to buy purely on account of everyone else falling below my B tier favorites and that would push me from slight bias to just ok as far as my grading scale goes. I certainly hope that we get some left fielders in the future, all these obvious announcements are a bit tiresome.

I would love if tharja was replaced with some other awakening character, but that's just hopeful thinking on my part.

Yeah i mean, for me I was hoping any of my axe bros. Now I knew Vaike was a big no show. Ranked super damn low on the poll and no where in heroes or mentions after that. Despite being an amazing unit he just didn't charm most people sadly.

Barst is in that thin line of shadow dragon especailly after the comment that ''there werent many axe users'' which is why they went ahead and promoted Lissa to rep them.
And have Fredderick lose his heroic silver lance and go barbarian on horse is even more worrysome.

Chrom, Ryoma and Xander sound cool. Sure. but... its 3 swords already. There aren't any real interesting cool lance users on the new gen for me, or even bow users. So for axes what do I have? Lissa? Fredo? or even Camilla? Man no thanks... I just don't see me playing the game often enough for just that.

I doubt even Minerva would save the roster for me. Another Flying Axe unit basically. I just ask... one axe bro. ONE. one single solitary axe infantry, you can put your tharja, gaius, popular schmucks who cares. Just... ONE. Barst? Arthur? I'll take EITHER. Just something else to Main besides swordies.

And if the game is kind enough I get Jeorge with Parthia for bows. but thats already stretching it..... isn't it?

If Minerva and Navarre are not in on the SD roster I will be mad.  I would bet on Draug being in and with an ax, as well as Caeda with a sword like in Heroes. I kind of hope they put Vaike in since out of the 3DS games and SD he is the ax user I liked and used the most.  I really want a Dagger user thief type unit in the game as well, I hope Kaze but I would take anyone as long as that type of unit gets a rep.

13 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

If Minerva and Navarre are not in on the SD roster I will be mad.  I would bet on Draug being in and with an ax, as well as Caeda with a sword like in Heroes. I kind of hope they put Vaike in since out of the 3DS games and SD he is the ax user I liked and used the most.  I really want a Dagger user thief type unit in the game as well, I hope Kaze but I would take anyone as long as that type of unit gets a rep.

Good to know someone apprecaites The Vaike. hopefully he won't descend into obscurity but dang if this game really is going by popularity... even having an axe isn't saving him. As for Kaze, Id vouch for him. Kaze and Saizo's little drama was easily one of the few good aspects of fates and definitely matter more in the story than say Gaius.

1 minute ago, Saint_Stahn said:

Good to know someone apprecaites The Vaike. hopefully he won't descend into obscurity but dang if this game really is going by popularity... even having an axe isn't saving him. As for Kaze, Id vouch for him. Kaze and Saizo's little drama was easily one of the few good aspects of fates and definitely matter more in the story than say Gaius.

Yeah Kaze and Saizo's relations made playing all three paths of Fates much more interesting to me then it otherwise would have been.  Vaike is in my top 5 favorites in Awakening so I was sad to see him get so few votes, I really hope they decided to put him in any way since the CYL poll happened after FE Warriors had been in development for a while.

14 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

Yeah Kaze and Saizo's relations made playing all three paths of Fates much more interesting to me then it otherwise would have been.  Vaike is in my top 5 favorites in Awakening so I was sad to see him get so few votes, I really hope they decided to put him in any way since the CYL poll happened after FE Warriors had been in development for a while.

he got well enough on the CYL votes, there were so many characters mostly REALLY fan favorites came out of the left field thankfully, Joshua, Mia, Nephenee and everyone's favorite meme. Dorcas.

Vaike's real issue was the actual awakening poll. which i dunno how much to trust. Gregor and Virion ranked higher than fredderick, in fact. Gregor ranked pretty damn good. yet I havent seen anything from him, I could care less Gregor isnt using a sword and he's either axe hero or using a bow on horse like a bowman. I just see Gregor as one of the best aspects of the game and the 1st gen. yet... zilch. and Vaike is on an even worse vote he's down there with Yenfay.

Even when I'm giving awakening and fates a chance I still come out dissapointed. Hahaha, I just can't catch a break with this series.

After thinking about it, I don't think we should take this as evidence that we'll be getting exactly 25 characters. They wouldn't want to give away the size of the roster so easily, and they could have just said something like "a set of character cards" without specifying how many if there was a card for each character.

25 characters for the vanilla roster? Okay.

M!Corrin will most likely get the F!Robin treatment and share the spot with his counterpart. As for Shadow Dragon...Caeda, Draug, Y!Tiki and...Gharnef as the villain. Awakening is still missing Tharja and Virion while Fates is still missing Azura, Sakura, Elise and...most likely Garon as the villain. 

Awakening villain? Hmm...Validar, Aversa, Grima, Walhart...

Walhart is the best fit for a Lu Bu role; He was already doing that in Awakening and his design is intimidating and imposing which helps him with that role. 

If not Vaike, a good Axe unit from Awakening is Basilio. He is one of my favorite characters because of his great one-liners. He would be a great addition to the FE:Warriors roster. 

This will be interesting to see how the roster plays out and if it will be 25 units. I hope future DLC adds more games, I would love to have FE7 characters in the game. Hector, Lucius, Raven, Nino, Jaffar, Validar, and more. 

And of course, I want Grima to be playable :)

4 hours ago, Lord_Grima said:

And of course, I want Grima to be playable :)

I admit, I feel like grima or medeus will be playable in warriors, I do hope that we don't get just tiki as our only manakete and I feel like having a dark dragon of sorts be playable would be a nice contrast to tiki's divine dragont. Much as I like Nowi I would much rather have her as an alternate costume for tiki than have her take up development time to produce a manakete more/less like tiki. Besides, we already have like half of grima in the game just take robin add an aura around him/her record some new lines and then you have a good chunk of the work already done the only new model would be the dragon form. Crap I just proved why medeus isn't in this game.

6 hours ago, Lord_Grima said:

If not Vaike, a good Axe unit from Awakening is Basilio. He is one of my favorite characters because of his great one-liners. He would be a great addition to the FE:Warriors roster. 

I also really want Basilio. Plus he could supplement his axe attacks with bowfire, which would be a really cool combination nobody else has.