• Faye, Devoted Heart
    • Priscilla, Delicate Princess
    • Tharja, Dark Shadow
    • Dorcas, Serene Warrior
    • Catria, Middle Whitewing
    • Katarina, Wayward One
    • Sigurd, Holy Knight

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/2017 at 05:00 AM

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Also IS totally offed two girls in a row with fire. Another bonfire in FE16? Needs a new archetype, methinks.

Two? Not sure what you're talking about since Flora is the only one that comes to mind for me. Oh right. Rinea added so little to Echoes that I have the tendency to not recognize her as an actual character. My mistake.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, Neopolitan said:

I hate Sigurd and find him boring. Much like I find most of the rest of FE4.

Generally people don't care for characters you find boring (I'm assuming you mean uninteresting?), not hate them. 

I finished making my own recording of a little of O Holy Night for good luck for Sigurd! ...or should I say O Holy Knight? lol

https://vocaroo.com/i/s09OH8EIjbj0

Only a few lines because that song is hard to learn and memorize. xP I wasn't very familiar with it and kind of still am not... But anyone like this? :)

Well, it looks like Faye lost this round. I think that I'll join Team Tharja for the finals....! I'll likely put Rhajat as my lead, since, well, she should support her original self...

Or maybe I should put someone unexpected up?

20 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Before I forget again, the shoutouts for this round! First up, @Astellius‘s Tiki, who laid waste to hordes of Bow units.

I'm glad that you got her, and that you liked her performance! Tiki is really good at eating the arrows, since an archer needs 58 Atk in order to do at least 1 damage to her.

Also, your Caeda was my most frequent ally, and she was quite awesome. She's great with either a Wo Dao or a Brave Sword!

15 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

What happened to supporting whom you actually like?

Supporting the character you like shows investment, emotional or otherwise and that hurts like a mother when your character is screwed out of a win. In this case, if I pick Sigurd and it turns out Tharja gets more multipliers and he loses, then I still take the loss and it hurts my feather gain. It's a lose no matter what. Supporting Lyn was the last time I was invested in the VG, it's a saltfest like everyone else says otherwise.

16 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I kind of want to root for Team Sigurd so we have a different winner.

So I tried to summon him. No red orbs. Then I got sidetracked and summoned in Children of Fate banner and there was 1 red orb.

4 star -Atk Tharja.

Guess it's a sign. Cheesing the finals with Tharja then!

I have multiple level 1 Tharjas. It's still up in the air who to support though.

I'm surprised to see Sigurd doing this well. It may actually be an exciting final round to have about a 50/50 split between teams. ...though that may also mean that we're perpetually in same hell. ....RIP. 

Who should I set as my main for the final round? I'll probably stick with green or colorless since I hardly ever get those allies. As far as greens go, I've got: my +7 Merric, +2 Quad!Raven, and DC!Titania (with some horse buffs). For colorless, I've got my +2 super Lucius, +2 Close Counter!Leon, a kind of scary +7 Maria, and maybe a +3 Priscilla. All my healers have Wrathful Staff. If we're looking for blues, I do have a +2 Mae who's running 51 ATK/40 SPD with her refined Owl tome. 

2 minutes ago, Astellius said:

Also, your Caeda was my most frequent ally, and she was quite awesome. She's great with either a Wo Dao or a Brave Sword!

Speaking of which, @LordFrigid: your Caeda is still amazing. I even pulled the trigger and Spd-forged the wo dao on mine. I think I’ll give her L&D eventually, I’m somehow not a huge fan of Fury on her anymore. If only she were +Atk…

If there weren’t any rewards for doing the VG, I’d abstain completely. But I’m a greedy guy who wants more ore, orbs, and coins so I begrudgingly have to participate.

Looks like it’s between Tharja and Sigurd. As overrated I find Tharja to be, I’m going to side with her since Sigurd is a no-name to me. What stinks is now I have nobody to get the bonus with, since all my Tharjas are 4 Star and untrained while Sigurd was fed to my Tana. 

6 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

What stinks is now I have nobody to get the bonus with, since all my Tharjas are 4 Star and untrained while Sigurd was fed to my Tana. 

You *DO* know that level 1s make the best units to use for the bonus, since your friends generally are level 40s and wreck gauntlet battles right?

1 minute ago, Tragonight said:

I want maximum feathers, who should I side with now? I have a Tharja, but if she curb stomps Sigurd, then he'll be getting more bonuses so I can get more points.

Or should I go with the bonus character that I actually have?

I'd tell you Sigurd, but that's only because I'm on team Sigurd, and I think Sigurd is a greater character in terms of everything versus Tharja.

2 minutes ago, Tragonight said:

I want maximum feathers, who should I side with now? I have a Tharja, but if she curb stomps Sigurd, then he'll be getting more bonuses so I can get more points.

Or should I go with the bonus character that I actually have?

Either. No one knows who'll win. The multiplier messes with feather farming predictions, so go with whoever you want.

15 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Speaking of which, @LordFrigid: your Caeda is still amazing. I even pulled the trigger and Spd-forged the wo dao on mine. I think I’ll give her L&D eventually, I’m somehow not a huge fan of Fury on her anymore. If only she were +Atk…

Tbh, when you’re stacking her Atk like a Sorc in Conquest, Fury isn’t even that much worse.

5 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Tbh, when you’re stacking her Atk like a Sorc in Conquest, Fury isn’t even that much worse.

This is what she looks like right now:
Screenshot_20171210_121505.png

Can’t stack much Atk (except from triple Goad) where there isn’t much Atk to stack to begin with.

But I’m probably wrong.

Edited by Vaximillian

On 6/12/2017 at 3:28 AM, mcsilas said:

Question to Team Katarina peeps, do you prefer Hone support or Spur/Drive support?

i just realised not every Katarina may have a blade inherited to them, so I'm wondering if I should also go the Owl route for these VG battles or keep going with blade (but that requires Hone/Fortify teammates)

No Tharjas have popped up for me in a while, so I've stuck with Owl since I got her. To be fair, she's been working quite fine (basically only adding Desperation and she's +Atk). I rarely seem to have trouble setting them up properly, and it's not like one Hone doesn't lightly amp her already-decent firepower. Desperation and then a Glacies charge and she just oneshots even a few Blues here in there, including standard Saphire Azura.

An added bonus for Owl Tomes is that they're not hindered by either Ploys or lack of teammates, but characters can abuse certain defensive stances. She could also tank a few Blues for me, including Atk-Ploy'd Reinhardt.

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I think I've been getting your Nino a lot.

Has she been doing her best?

ALSO

I'm going on team Sigurd now, obviously. Let's see if he can channel the powers of Shanna and bring the victory from super stalker lady, Tharja

Tharja may potentially be the first person to win twice tho

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Has she been doing her best?

ALSO

I'm going on team Sigurd now, obviously. Let's see if he can channel the powers of Shanna and bring the victory from super stalker lady, Tharja

Sigurd, the most popular character in Fire Emblem history, as well as the most overhyped... being the Shanna of this matchup? I'm not seeing it, if anything, Sigurd is the Takumi of this matchup.

18 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

(except from triple Goad)

Yeah, that’s what I was referring to. +13/13/1/1 (assuming she’s ally supported to one of them) is pretty massive. I usually only get double stack because my Flier Arena Team is 3 Fliers and Alfonse, and it’s still stupidly strong. She looks great, btw!

Also, I think I missed it...which team are you going to next?

4 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Camilla never stopped being a thing that exists, you silly robot.

1 minute ago, LordFrigid said:

Also, I think I missed it...which team are you going to next?

I’m going Tharja. I don’t have anything against Sigurd… except I don’t have Sigurd.

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Camilla never stopped being a thing that exists, you silly robot.

I’m going Tharja. I don’t have anything against Sigurd… except I don’t have Sigurd.

We've been rivals for the first two rounds. Now we're allies. Welcome to the team!

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Cool, same team then. If you have a preference on Jeorge vs Fae, don’t hesitate to let me know. Between the Gauntlet feathers and the upcoming Arena feathers, I think I might be able to finish Jeorge. I pulled the last one I need trying for Faye.

1 minute ago, Neopolitan said:

Sigurd, the most popular character in Fire Emblem history, as well as the most overhyped... being the Shanna of this matchup? I'm not seeing it, if anything, Sigurd is the Takumi of this matchup.

...In what places do you see so much love for Sigurd? I'm serious, I barely ever see the guy mentioned wherever I go, except occasionally that he's one of the stronger lords gameplay-wise. I even like FE4 personally, but he's far from one of the better characters in my opinion. I'm truly curious where you got the idea that Sigurd is such an extremely beloved character.

Also, the CYL poll can give us some idea of whether Sigurd should be considered the Shanna or Takumi here. Comparing Tharja's 29,540 votes to his 5,282, I think it's safe to say that Tharja has a slight lead in popularity between the two of them, since I doubt that Sigurd's Heroes appearance has increased his popularity by much.

2 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

...In what places do you see so much love for Sigurd? I'm serious, I barely ever see the guy mentioned wherever I go, except occasionally that he's one of the stronger lords gameplay-wise. I even like FE4 personally, but he's far from one of the better characters in my opinion. I'm truly curious where you got the idea that Sigurd is such an extremely beloved character.

Also, the CYL poll can give us some idea of whether Sigurd should be considered the Shanna or Takumi here. Comparing Tharja's 29,540 votes to his 5,282, I think it's safe to say that Tharja has a slight lead in popularity between the two of them, since I doubt that Sigurd's Heroes appearance has increased his popularity by much.

FEPlanet back when I first joined til I left four years later was one giant love fest for Sigurd. This was 2009-2013, by the way.

Edited by Neopolitan