Tempest Trials: A Gift of Peace!

Vaximillian

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, GinRei said:

Would it really be THAT different from the Guidance Seal?

Guidance is flyer only, but it buffs armors and infantry. It's kind of a niche skill. Armor March on the other hand is one of the most important armor only buffs, without it offense orientated armor units would have an hard time. 

5 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Are you just mad that Priam confirms that Ike actually had a child with a woman? Maybe it was Elincia so I can call my ElinciaXIke ship true

Priam is Mist’s descendant in my headcanon, and nothing bar explicit word of god can disprove it.

21 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Guidance is flyer only, but it buffs armors and infantry. It's kind of a niche skill. Armor March on the other hand is one of the most important armor only buffs, without it offense orientated armor units would have an hard time. 

Then make a new seal called "March Order" or something that equips to non-Armor but gives Armor units +1 movement (either those next to like a Hone or within 2 like a Goad).

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Yeah, no way either of these can happen. It will be a bombshell more devastating than QP back when, in April?

Quick ripost isnt farfetched, it woudl just turn everyone that is bulky into a Hector! And we have dealt with Hector now for a long time!

5 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

We should get canon heroes first.

I just like his character and his design, I don't care about his "parentage" in the least.  Plus I feel that the paralogue units would be great TT rewards.   

7 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

We should get canon heroes first.

How is Priam not a “canon” hero? The only thing I can consider not canon for Priam is his ancestry. As for him being a possible reward for TT... underwhelming. I don’t really want yet another sword user

Edited by NegativeExponents-

1 minute ago, NegativeExponents- said:

How is Priam not a “canon” hero? The only thing I can consider not canon for Priam is his ancestry. As for him being a possible reward for TT... underwhelming. I don’t really want yet another sword user

What is with this denial that he's Ike's descendant? 

5 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

What is with this denial that he's Ike's descendant? 

Because the paired endings for Ike are either with Soren or Ranulf and purely (at least to me) platonic.  A lot of people like to think of Ike as either gay or asexual.  Since IS never gave Ike a straight pairing, some people think that Priam is not related to Ike or is related to Ike's sister Mist instead.  I tend to think Priam is related to Mist myself.  But Priam is one of my favorite Awakening characters, so I want him in Heroes.

@Arthur97 eh, for me it’s mostly that he comes of as delusional and the fact that he’s in different world, which could be explained by outrealm shenanigans but it just feels like a shoehorned reference. (Which it is)

Also, I just thought of a way he’d be worth it. Priam’s weapon being Knockoff Ragnell+, 12mt, DC built into it, and inheritable. So basically the sword equivalent of Lightning Breath

Edited by NegativeExponents-

9 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

Because the paired endings for Ike are either with Soren or Ranulf and purely (at least to me) platonic.  A lot of people like to think of Ike as either gay or asexual.  Since IS never gave Ike a straight pairing, some people think that Priam is not related to Ike or is related to Ike's sister Mist instead.  I tend to think Priam is related to Mist myself.  But Priam is one of my favorite Awakening characters, so I want him in Heroes.

Sounds like a large scale case of denial to me. Just because he didn't hook up with one of his subordinates/allies doesn't mean he couldn't find a girl he liked later in life. 

3 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Sounds like a large scale case of denial to me. Just because he didn't hook up with one of his subordinates/allies doesn't mean he couldn't find a girl he liked later in life. 

If I can add my two cents, I don’t think there’s enough evidence to suggest very much either way. We don’t have solid proof of how they’re related. The game does state that he’s Ike’s descendent, but I think the delusional theory as well as the Mist one are perfectly fine as well. Unless IS releases a family tree, we have no way of knowing for sure, so until that day most, if not all, speculation holds plenty of merit. For all we know, he could be Ike’s son from some screwy time-line and only exist under specific conditions. Lol Or better yet, Priam’s mother is Sothe.

Just now, Rafiel's Aria said:

If I can add my two cents, I don’t think there’s enough evidence to suggest very much either way. We don’t have solid proof of how they’re related. The game does state that he’s Ike’s descendent, but I think the delusional theory as well as the Mist one are perfectly fine as well. Unless IS releases a family tree, we have no way of knowing for sure, so until that day most, if not all, speculation holds plenty of merit. For all we know, he could be Ike’s son from some screwy time-line and only exist under specific conditions. Lol Or better yet, Priam’s mother is Sothe.

I think that's kind of like questioning that Chrom is Marth's descendant (which I've seen someone do). Sure, it's said he is, but a royal could have just started saying that to give their claim to the throne more credibility. You could second guess just about everything, but it seems that Priam is Ike's descendant. I mean, he does have the sword which, seeing as Ike left Tellius assumingly with blade in tow, it seems unlikely that Mist would have passed it down or that he would give it to her since she couldn't use it.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

I think that's kind of like questioning that Chrom is Marth's descendant (which I've seen someone do). Sure, it's said he is, but a royal could have just started saying that to give their claim to the throne more credibility. You could second guess just about everything, but it seems that Priam is Ike's descendant. I mean, he does have the sword which, seeing as Ike left Tellius assumingly with blade in tow, it seems unlikely that Mist would have passed it down or that he would give it to her since she couldn't use it.

Keyword: seems 

Like I said, it’s all speculation without solid facts. I suppose you could call into question the Ylissian royal heritage if you wanted to and weren’t directly contradicted by like Marth showing up and saying, “Grandpeeps, we’re totes related.” 

I’m also sleep-deprived after a seven hour layover. But yeah...other interpretations of Priam don’t kill his character. 

1 minute ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Keyword: seems 

Like I said, it’s all speculation without solid facts. I suppose you could call into question the Ylissian royal heritage if you wanted to and weren’t directly contradicted by like Marth showing up and saying, “Grandpeeps, we’re totes related.” 

I’m also sleep-deprived after a seven hour layover. But yeah...other interpretations of Priam don’t kill his character. 

Maybe, but I like both Priam being the Chrom to Ike as well as Ike maybe actually settling down.

In my headcanon Priam, any of the post-chapter 25 spotpass maps, and the Fates children being adults are all non-canon.

EDIT: Actually, in my headcanon, Fates doesn't exist.

Edited by Sunwoo