Tempest Trials Mini: Shrouded by the Storm!

Vaximillian

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, based on the Lunatic story map in which Marisa appears on, her default skillset consists of:

Wo Dao+
Glimmer
HP/Def 2
Infantry Pulse 3

If you're willing to sacrifice a TT reward unit, she's F2P Infantry Pulse fodder.

Edited by Roflolxp54

28 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

So, based on the Lunatic story map in which Marisa appears on, her default skillset consists of:

Wo Dao+
Glimmer
HP/Def 2
Infantry Pulse 3

If you're willing to sacrifice a TT reward unit, she's F2P Infantry Pulse fodder.

I can make her work. 

I really need to think about how I will use marisa. Infantry Pulse on Athena (with B!Lucina the core of my infantry Team) sounds good.
But Marisa is a character I don't want to fodder this easily...

decisions..decisions.. If I just know if we ever could get a TT reward unit on +10.
But at this pace I don't think so. Only if they implement another way to merge.

8 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

I can make her work. 

honestly she has a really high hp pool. She's a great candidate for said infantry pulse. with wo dao refine and like +5 hp seal she gets to 60 health i think?

1 minute ago, Tsak said:

honestly she has a really high hp pool. She's a great candidate for said infantry pulse. with wo dao refine and like +5 hp seal she gets to 60 health i think?

Don't forget panic ploy SS. She's actually starting to look a lot better to me as time goes on. Her potential I mean. I fell in love with her art from the start which is a huge plus for me to use her.

That HP and def is incredibly high, specially for today's standart where everything that isn't a Slow and Tough Armor knight, gots average/low HP and great offensive overall, or one good defense/resistence and highish Atk/Spd combination...

I guess is a way to represent her high dodge from SS?

I am absolutely going to promote and merge the 4-star Marisa. I haven't done that for a Tempest unit since the very first Masked Marth, but if there's anyone that I'm willing to do that for, it's Marisa. And maybe give her an Atk-refined Slaying Edge+ and Close Defense just for fun. Sorry Joshua, I like you too, but it's not your time anymore.

My biggest question is whether Marisa will be the last 40% bonus, or if it'll be someone else. Previous Tempests make me think that Ephraim or maybe Tana or Innes would be the likely choice, but after the last Tempest, Marisa could have a chance of filling that spot instead. Here's hoping that she is, because I'm almost definitely going to be using her on my team anyway, and free 40% bonus units are always nice to see.

This time is going to be Horse Emblem turn to shine. I might have to change Reinhardt for Oscar because having a team of 4 magical units in Lunatic 7 seems like it can backfire hard if something like a super boosted Felicia shows up.

40 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

This time is going to be Horse Emblem turn to shine. I might have to change Reinhardt for Oscar because having a team of 4 magical units in Lunatic 7 seems like it can backfire hard if something like a super boosted Felicia shows up.

At least there won't be any refined breaths weapons on enemy dragons, if they keep the refined weapons out of TTs like last time. 

Like always I'm curious for the bonus units. I'll run Myrrh, Lyon and one of Ephraim/Tana/Valter plus another dragon or flyer. 

28 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

At least there won't be any refined breaths weapons on enemy dragons, if they keep the refined weapons out of TTs like last time. 

Like always I'm curious for the bonus units. I'll run Myrrh, Lyon and one of Ephraim/Tana/Valter plus another dragon or flyer. 

I have a feeling refined weapons are almost strictly for players, special maps, and perhaps very specific bosses. However, I suppose a lot of newer weapons are comparable, like Great Breath, so it does make certain specific units trickier.

For bonus units, I'm anticipating the 5 new ones, plus Ephraim, Innes, and Tana.

Well I will run Lyon, since none of the 3 focus units from the new banner want to show up for me.  After Lyon I will use Marisa just to get her fully maxed out, Joshua is my favorite sword user from SS so he stays on my infantry team.  I would love it if Innes is a bonus unit so I can use him with TT buffs even if it is only 20% buffs.

20 hours ago, Johann said:

I have a feeling refined weapons are almost strictly for players, special maps, and perhaps very specific bosses. However, I suppose a lot of newer weapons are comparable, like Great Breath, so it does make certain specific units trickier.

For bonus units, I'm anticipating the 5 new ones, plus Ephraim, Innes, and Tana.

It's a shame, since some refined weapons are very rare in arena (like Dark Breath, Hauteclere) and this is the only mode where you can find them currently. They could give refined weapons at least to the opponents of the seventh map of lunatic/7. 

One thing that just occurred to me:

It would be pretty cool if they started adding copies of old Tempest Trials reward characters within Tempest Trials with a relevant theme alongside the new character. For example, if they added 2 more copies of Joshua into this one (with the 4-star Joshua at a lower score than 4-star Marisa and the 5-star Joshua at a lower score than the 5-star Marisa). Kind of like what they did with Sacred Seals before the Forge was implemented.

At the very least, this would alleviate some of the issues with how long it takes for these characters to be rerun (almost less often than Grand Hero Battle characters) for players who don't have them or players looking to merge them.

These are the first members of my TT-team:

Spoiler

2DAaOmh.jpg

Nc8EypC.jpg

Lyon only has to learn the ultimate levels of his B- and C-Skill, but I'm unsure for Myrrh. 

@Ice Dragon Would Steady Stance and Quick Risposte work for Myrrh (+ATK/-SPD)? I'll give her also Ignis, but she'll keep her Great Flame. 

Depending on the bonus units, the blue member will be Tana, Ephraim, Valter or Ninian. Perhaps I'll run two blues or one gray. 

So given that it's a SS tempest, that means there are 14 units who can be part of the Tempest.

Valter doesn't seem likely due to his GHB not having returned at all since it's initial run, and only being rerun starting halfway through the TT.

Lyon seems likely due to being run so close to the TT, but... hm...

Joshua and Lute seem highly unlikely due to not only already being bonus units in a prior TT, but also one being a TT unit already.

Presumably two of the slots will be reserved for Marisa and one of the Askr Trio.

Given how new they are, it'd be criminal (on their part) to not have Myrrh, L'arachel, and Gleipnir Eirika as bonus units.

Which leaves... Ephraim, old Eirika, Tana, Amelia, Innes, and Seth in the air. I'd take a guess and say Innes will be a bonus just because there would otherwise be no Colorless units as bonus units.

6 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Depending on the bonus units, the blue member will be Tana, Ephraim, Valter or Ninian. Perhaps I'll run two blues or one gray. 

Why would Ninian be a bonus? She's from Blazing Blade, not Sacred Stones.

7 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Why would Ninian be a bonus? She's from Blazing Blade, not Sacred Stones.

She won't be bonus unit, but she can buff/dance Myrrh better than anyone else. If none of Valter, Ephraim and Valter will be on the bonus list, she'll be on my team 100%. 

11 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

She won't be bonus unit, but she can buff/dance Myrrh better than anyone else. If none of Valter, Ephraim and Valter will be on the bonus list, she'll be on my team 100%. 

Oh.

Well I really don't see Valter appearing, but Ephraim... well let's just say it's a Sacred Stones banner. Can't have one sibling without the other, right?

The potential bonus list probably won't be very well received unless Marisa appears as a 40% like in the last Mini TT. The problem with the pullable FE8 roster in Heroes is all but two of them are 5 star locked - Eirika and Seth. Both seem a bit redundant, and if nothing else they might want to avoid another bonus pool that's 50% red since Lyon, Marisa, and Better!Eirika feel like safe locks.

If the Trials begin on the 30th (technically 31st for most of the world), then I feel like an announcement plus banner should drop on the next reset, so we'll see what rewards and bonus units await us. We'll even see what blessing is on offer, which should serve as a tease for what Legendary Hero will show up on the new banner.

1 minute ago, Xenomata said:

Oh.

Well I really don't see Valter appearing, but Ephraim... well let's just say it's a Sacred Stones banner. Can't have one sibling without the other, right?

Well, each of Celica and Alm had their own TTs. Also Valter gets his rerun on 2th February. 

I expect the bonus line-up to look like this:

40%: horse Eirika, The Rachel, Myrrh, Lyon/Marisa;
20%: Marisa/Lyon, Ephraim, Tana, an Askran.

No way Eirika makes it on the list twice.

30 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I expect the bonus line-up to look like this:

40%: horse Eirika, The Rachel, Myrrh, Lyon/Marisa;
20%: Marisa/Lyon, Ephraim, Tana, an Askran.

No way Eirika makes it on the list twice.

Yeah i was going to finally upgrade my Eirika but the existence of Mage Eirika made me think twice because I don't think they'll double up on Eirikas as a bonus unit.

that said they did have ''Marth" and Lucina in the Christmas TT

28 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

that said they did have ''Marth" and Lucina in the Christmas TT

Neither Martha nor Lucina were new units.

Vanilla Takumi wasn’t there for the New Year’s tempest along with the New Year’s Takumi. Same for Camilla and Azura.