Colorless Manakete Predictions

SSbardock84

As I'm sure many of you have already seen from the new heroes banner we will at some point be getting colorless manaketes

DXvC00OV4AEI40O.jpg

But who do you think will be the first one? I'm leaning on Kurthnaga, being a black dragon he makes the most sense. It could also be some evil dragons like Anankos or Medeus.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might have guessed Grima if not for...you know.

Grey Dragons are certainly a surprise. I thought for sure if they wanted to do beast units they'd have the "grey dragon" classification. While existing dragon slayer weapons would still be effective against red, blue, and green, you could then introduce the "effective against grey" with beast slaying weapons. Guess beasts will truly be their own thing, if they ever show up. 

As for Grey Dragons, Nagi comes to mind. Though I couldn't begin to imagine a means by which they'd ever put Nagi into the game. She's not a canon recruitment, first of all, since Tiki must be dead in order to recruit her.

Maybe if they wanted to incorporate Risen as an enemy only class? Do Risen vomit at you? I suppose that can't be it since Chrom's weapon specifies "dragon foes".

Edited by Glennstavos

Perhaps.

I always imagined it more like a stone rather than breath but it probably is a breath icon.

I still don't think it's impossible that the Falchion would just be made into a shapeshifter killer rather than just dragon.

I'm counting on Veronica and Bruno being dragons, hopefully Colorless. That madness bullshit in the story might be the Curse of Dragons, and we never actually see Bruno's or Veronica's ears so we don't know if they're pointed or not.

I'm counting on CYL Veronica to be a colorless dragon :D

1 minute ago, Glennstavos said:

As for Grey Dragons, Nagi comes to mind. Though I couldn't begin to imagine a means by which they'd ever put Nagi into the game. She's not a canon recruitment, first of all, since Tiki must be dead in order to recruit her.

It does not matter, quite frankly. Her design suits the gacha and dragons are rare.

Besides, she is entirely canon in New Mystery of the Emblem and does not require Tiki to be dead to join your party.

Seems odd, with how much of a downside being colorless tends to be. So, why?

I think they're ranged dragons. Ranged breath attacks have precedent in the main series, and while DC effects let dragons counter ranged, they don't let them initiate ranged combat. This would also offer even more options to dragon teams, which are currently still pretty limited in what types of effects they can have.

Of course, the stat imbalance between melee and ranged weapons would complicate breath inheritance between melee and ranged dragons. But breaths get a lot out of the refinery, and refined weapons can't be inherited. I think it could work to let them inherit the base weapons but then have ranged dragons get smaller bonuses from the refinery, so that the weapons end up with reasonable ranged stats.

They could always go for an original character to start things up. As for existing dragon characters that could qualify as colorless...Idoun, Medeus, Anankos, Garon, Kurthnaga, Dheginsea, UTAloid Tiki,  Nagi, Mila, Duma and Loptyr. 

1 minute ago, Florete said:

Crazy idea: The next legendary hero is Corrin: Valla Queen, a colorless dragon.

Now that you say that . . . Yeah that could definitely be, especially since the next one should be water. Could be male Corrin too, but female Corrin is more popular.

I would have said the boss dragons, but Grima is green as I expected.

I mean, the breath colors are already divided up rather nicely, so there really isn't much you can do with colorless:

• Tikis (fire) are red.
  • Divine and Fell Dragons are green.
  • Everything else (water, ice, and thunder) is blue.

So I'm going to guess that Fargus with Ale Breath will be a colorless breath unit.

I'd be kind of disappointed if they were ranged, since all colourless units are ranged.

If it was just the icon, my first guess would be they're for Laguz/Taguel/Fatesbeasts, but the icon being specifically put on a dragon-effective weapon suggests otherwise.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

I would have said the boss dragons, but Grima is green as I expected.

I mean, the breath colors are already divided up rather nicely, so there really isn't much you can do with colorless:

• Tikis (fire) are red.
  • Divine and Fell Dragons are green.
  • Everything else (water, ice, and thunder) is blue.

So I'm going to guess that Fargus with Ale Breath will be a colorless breath unit.

Wasn’t Tiki a Divine Dragon though?

2 minutes ago, SSbardock84 said:

Now that you say that . . . Yeah that could definitely be, especially since the next one should be water. Could be male Corrin too, but female Corrin is more popular.

Given the relatively recent male Corrin alt and male Robin as Grima, if this crazy idea turns out to be true I am pretty certain it will be female Corrin. And the recent two legendary heroes were both male, so the next will likely be female.

I do still think it's a crazy idea, but I was already predicting female Corrin would eventually be a legendary hero, we know the next will be colorless, and now we get this colorless dragon reveal, so it's a crazy idea for some crazy coincidences.

3 minutes ago, SSbardock84 said:

Yeah, and Myrrh is not a divine dragon.

I don't know who a colorless dragon could be. I'd be interested in healer dragon Lilith tho.

Just now, Florete said:

Given the relatively recent male Corrin alt and male Robin as Grima, if this crazy idea turns out to be true I am pretty certain it will be female Corrin. And the recent two legendary heroes were both male, so the next will likely be female.

I do still think it's a crazy idea, but I was already predicting female Corrin would eventually be a legendary hero, we know the next will be colorless, and now we get this colorless dragon reveal, so it's a crazy idea for some crazy coincidences.

Idk, I think you’re idea sounds really legit and I won’t be surprised if it actually happens.

Colorless breath cannot be ranged because of how the skill effects for Close Def and Distant Def are worded. Their effects activate based on the opponent's weapon type, not based on the range combat is taking place.

1 minute ago, SSbardock84 said:

If she doesn't have Mist Breath as a usable weapon, she's not in her divine dragon form. Starting with Flametongue and not having Mist Breath implies that she is in her fire dragon form.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Colorless breath cannot be ranged because of how the skill effects for Close Def and Distant Def are worded. Their effects activate based on the opponent's weapon type, not based on the range combat is taking place.

They've re-worded skills before. Svalinn Shield, for example, would seem to protect Grima from dragon-slaying weapons with its original wording, but it got re-worded to only say it protects against armor-slaying. Couldn't they do the same with those?