We Need Serenes Forest Mafia Mafia 5 After All! - GAME OVER

Iris

sorry I think I need to go calm down 

by the way I did get a new role, for the record. since I already said that's what would happen when I got the character claims correct I don't mind divulging this info.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Omega. said:

Via, I asked if you were serious because I was surprised at that comment. I meant you no offense/shaming/whatever.

@Killthestory

Can you please tell me what you thought of Sully's posts yesterday?

i actually really liked the tone. i seriously didn't like the self vote, but i didn't think it was wolfy. the sub out in relation to that... well, i'm not going to say anything about it. i just don't think it's a wolf.

as for evan replacing in, i'm genuinely fucking surprised. let's hit em with one of these ##vote EvanManMan

4 minutes ago, Alette said:

who do you think are the remaining mafia?

Walrein- Via, ??? ( @Walrein Public apology for accidentally ignoring you in our QT though, he asked me for my scumreads).
athena_57- Snike, Co-Networker
Fable- Weapons, ???
Killthestory (replacing Zkirsche)- Gaius, Co-Networker
Omega (replacing Marth)- Jaybee, Self Watcher/Delayer

Need to reread these people.  Snike/LG are people who are commonly scumread but I still think are town.

1 minute ago, Killthestory said:

i actually really liked the tone. i seriously didn't like the self vote, but i didn't think it was wolfy. the sub out in relation to that... well, i'm not going to say anything about it. i just don't think it's a wolf.

as for evan replacing in, i'm genuinely fucking surprised. let's hit em with one of these ##vote EvanManMan

Who do you think the remaining wolfs are with how Arc flipped?

I have a post that I was working on overnight and I will post it now.

Sully post draft:

----

I spent about ten minutes last night refreshing the page and yelling at Iris about death godfathers before she told me this wasn't a bastard game. GG Weapons, may you never play again.

About an hour has passed since phase end for me and I am calming down and going to actually consider a world where Sully's waffling and generally sheeping of the entire town is not a scum tell. I also actually read his late phase defenses. Towards the end of his defenses he reads way more genuine, like how despite me thinking that his constant P5 meta shit is scummy, his final appeal to it reads good tonally. I think I can understand where people are coming from saying he's just bad, and I don't see any reason not to engage him.

I am now reading P5 Mafia.

---

I've read his ISO. I do not like his play there either, because he is jumpy and opportunistic in his cases and it is harder to follow his reasoning than if he had a clear logic. If there is any difference between P5 Mafia and now, it's that he has some buffers between his cases, and always questions the people he is voting.

I don't think I can criticize him on his style of vote swapping as alignment indicative. However, I think that his reads in this game were not based on pushes to gain information like in P5, because they did not come with questions. Simply put, he followed the town here, and in P5, he was doing his own thing, within reason.

Some points against him on meta are that he also talked more to his scum suspects directly, and I definitely did not see the kind of room reading and waters testing behavior he has had this game in P5 mafia. In this game he has not expressed anywhere near the same level of personal thoughts on players. In particular, he has soft shaded many people but has not followed up on a lot of the things he said he would. In P5 Mafia he actually did address many people multiple times and seemed to be working multiple cases at once. Compared to P5 Sully seems to be one track minded in this game and only passingly comments on the flow of the game instead of showing the flow of his own mind.

I think there is a world where he intentionally decided to sheep this time instead of push every thought he has because of bad reads in P5, but his play in P5 was townier for the same reason: it was obvious he was actually trying to come up with ideas and bring out new information that the town didn't already have.

Compared to then, he has barely questioned anyone this game. That's the definitive difference I've seen because while most of the other elements are in this game, he hasn't explicitly tried to get information from anyone. He has seemed content to get a read of how others will take his push, assess the game state, and sheep consensus, and oddly, the only things he disagrees with in that consensus are scumreads on confirmed scum. In a world where he is town, this meta change and the sheer ridiculousness of the cases seems bad.

JB is one contradiction to this argument, but he did defend JB at one point and then went back on it. Instead of just defending him like he did Junko and Shinori, he sheeped both the initial vote on JB and the unvote with some form of "I agree with what someone else said against them/in their favor". This is not alignment indicative and reads the most genuine of their flipped scum interactions, but the completely lack of personal thoughts still doesn't help matters. Questions on this later.

There are definitive differences in his play between these games, and I think the changes are scummy with regard to: how much he interacts with people he is casing; how many questions he asks to confirm his suspicions; how much independent reading he follows up on compared to what he says he needs to; and how accurate his reads have been in general. As generating new content for town goes, he has not contributed at all compared to P5.

Back to the topic at hand: I think that his defenses at the end of the day read genuine, even if his logic on Arc is ridiculous, and I cannot see a world where this makes sense as any alignment, so the tone is really all I have to go on. I initially took it for granted that they would be terrible because he self-voted and went into AtE land, but actually reading them, he is seriously trying to convince me and the way he is insisting doesn't seem faked.

I cannot begin to express how mad I am about the Weapons slot.

I am willing to give him a chance to answer my concerns and show his mind.

@SullyMcGully What I'd like is for you to explain your progression in the quotes below. I will be specific about what bothers me and I want you to explain why you voted that way and why you unvoted later, to make it make sense.

On 4/15/2018 at 2:40 PM, SullyMcGully said:

Vote: JB

I suck at Mafia. I'm going to sheep Athena and BBM for now, I still feel weird about Kirsche but even after rereading I still can't put my finger on it so I'll leave him be. The subs are throwing me off a lot. I'm kinda starting to see the old Junko case logic make a bit more sense now, but I'm going to let RAD post a bit first. Of all the subs, IMO Mack is the scummiest. But there's still so little to go off of.

What were your personal thoughts on JB at this time? What made you want to sheep this read instead of another one?

On 4/16/2018 at 3:11 PM, SullyMcGully said:

OK, the Shinori voteswitch here bothers me a bit, as I already stated. I found a post of Omega's which covers this as well, he says it sounds like Kirsche is just picking out a post to find problems with. IMO it was a weak read and his defense of it later was unsatisfactory. Like, yeah, those were all problems that could be pointed out with the post, but was it really worth a voteswitch? What was scummy about it as opposed to just bad townplay? Why couldn't he just ask Shinori honest questions if all he wanted were answers?

What did you think of Shinori when you wrote this? What were your suspicions with Kirsche's intentions/associations?

On 4/17/2018 at 6:52 PM, SullyMcGully said:

OK, so here's my overnight write-up. It won't take any night actions into account.

Wow, that lynch! I'm glad it worked out in the end. So that means a lot of things. I've got a few reads based off of it. First off, townreads:

Kirsche: I think this one is pretty obvious. I strongly doubt scum would enter the game tunneling their buddy and continue tunneling them all the way until they got lynched. Sorry for doubting you, Kirsche. I could've sworn you were the scummier out of you and Junko, but it seems I was just paranoid.

Shinori: Yeah, wasn't really surprised by that. I thought the way he and BBM waited to begin discrediting Omega's 1v1 push until after Kirsche became a viable lynch was scummy. 

BBM: Don't know what to make of that. My problems with him were the same as with Shinori, I thought they could be buddies but I guess they probably weren't?

Noting you towncleared Kirsche here. You also claimed to have been scumreading Shinori the whole time, along with BBM. At what point did you start to suspect Shinori, and how did it fit in with your Kirsche read? Citing the post where it changed is a plus.

On 4/17/2018 at 7:05 PM, SullyMcGully said:

##Vote: JB

Since Eclipse was apparently town. More logic coming later, but I have something else to take care of now. 

What were you thinking when you made this vote? How does it relate to eclipse?

On 4/17/2018 at 7:06 PM, SullyMcGully said:

Could an SK have Janitor powers? 

Because I was kinda scumreading BBM on an equal level with Shinori last night.

What scenario are you imagining happening here? Walk me through your reasoning behind this question/argument.

Note: I think this spec rules out any world where Sully is an SK, just by sheer thought process.

I also have a second post where I did rereads and I will post that after Sully responds.

1 minute ago, Refa said:

Walrein- Via, ??? ( @Walrein Public apology for accidentally ignoring you in our QT though, he asked me for my scumreads).
athena_57- Snike, Co-Networker
Fable- Weapons, ???
Killthestory (replacing Zkirsche)- Gaius, Co-Networker
Omega (replacing Marth)- Jaybee, Self Watcher/Delayer

Need to reread these people.  Snike/LG are people who are commonly scumread but I still think are town.

Hmm, kill is someone I would like to look into more today.

2 minutes ago, Refa said:

Yes, claim.  Also claim your actions as well.

I'm Paperblade

Each night I bet on a person dying. If I am successful there it gives me a charge for betting on a person living. A have no idea what happens if that is correct but I assume it has to be good.

My previous slot bet on BBM night 1 and the hydra night 2. I can't explain their actions because I haven't read the thread. I bet on Killthestory because he introduced me to this site and I know that he is a strong player.

1 minute ago, Alette said:

Who do you think the remaining wolfs are with how Arc flipped?

sitting at omega and evan being evil. i have to read fable still, he's very lowkey compared to what i seen last game though looking at his posts in isolation he's found. walrein's still sitting snugly in my poe. i didn't see much from athena except like two posts that sorta pissed me off, so they can be pushed to the forefront today.

uhhh wait a second. there is a conflict with this claim. didn't lg say specifically he would get a vig shot?? was he sure of that?

1 minute ago, EvanManManMan said:

I'm Paperblade

Each night I bet on a person dying. If I am successful there it gives me a charge for betting on a person living. A have no idea what happens if that is correct but I assume it has to be good.

My previous slot bet on BBM night 1 and the hydra night 2. I can't explain their actions because I haven't read the thread. I bet on Killthestory because he introduced me to this site and I know that he is a strong player.

You have no idea what happens if your bet is correct?

Just now, Vi-astra said:

uhhh wait a second. there is a conflict with this claim. didn't lg say specifically he would get a vig shot?? was he sure of that?

this is correct, lg did specifically claim a vig

because Evan is saying he doesn't know what happens if he gets the bet right? ??

I don't think it's necessary

And I don't think the placement can answer my questions

In that case I will get back to my updated reads list and casing.

I'm Rapier ? a lazy watcher: I watch my target only if they themselves don't go anywhere because apparently this dude is super lazy at playing mafia lol

Also this forum layout doesn't like my phone fml

Just now, Beru said:

I'm Rapier ? a lazy watcher: I watch my target only if they themselves don't go anywhere because apparently this dude is super lazy at playing mafia lol

Also this forum layout doesn't like my phone fml

Who'd you target?