We Need Serenes Forest Mafia Mafia 5 After All! - GAME OVER

Iris

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to say it in case there's a protective/watcher/whatever role out there thinking of targeting me. I really don't think any villager, under any circumstance, should target me with anything over the entirety of this game. That said, I've seen villagers flub some very simple, straightforward plays before. I'm basically just trying to shut down a scenario where a wolf claims a protection on me and he gets away with it or a villager claims it and gets flak for it. Just a confusing scenario in either situation I'd rather not happen.

8 minutes ago, Omega. said:

Fuck it, gonna go ahead and say throw Makaze in the jail pool along with obvious villagers. Feelsbadman. Don't jail/protect me under any circumstances or I lynch you. I have no idea what Makaze is, but I want to see what he says after a flip. Pretty much no one has given a shit to solve this irl day besides him, so I'll give 'im another day with a caveat of continued monitoring. I also have to look back on how JB/Shinori treated him to see if they were just riding coattails. Main reason I'm floating this is because the thread died today and if he's villa, I don't want to have a D3 where we all just sit on a wagon while like....Kill is the only other one generating new leads/ideas.

I'm not committing to a V read here at all. I think he's done some wolfy shit. But whatever; this is a special case and we have enough wiggle room that I can be flexible here.

Regarding Sully, I'm leaning likelier V at the moment. I can explain if you really think it's that important, but i was really hoping/waiting more people commented on this divide between you two on this matter. I don't want to show my hand yet, telegraph anything, or kill discussion around an important matter before it starts by offering a strong opinion.

NGL, I've been super demotivated this day and I don't know why.  If you could explain the Makaze read further, that'd be swell.  I'm confused at your change in stance here since I thought you were okay w/both lynch wagons.  Do you think Arcanite makes less sense as scum now?

Agreed WRT Sully.

7 minutes ago, Omega. said:

And for fuck's sake, stop calling him V for no reason other than tone. Like, people have actually called him more villagery than like me/athena/etc at different points, which is ridiculous. All I ask is exercise some healthy skepticism and don't get complacent.

This is probably aimed at me but FTR I do think he's making a genuine effort to solve the game and I like the progression on his reads (Eclipse, Sully, Snike).  Basically, if he's scum it's probably w/Snike (maybe Walrein, but the defense doesn't read as scum/scum to me).

7 minutes ago, Alette said:

@RefaCan I ask again why you voted Arcanite?

POE, didn't like the Weapons' slot, Arcanite's sub in was pretty lackluster and the reads seem less substantiated than their last town game.

Day 3. <1 hour left
Arcanite (9): Refa, via, Snike + SatsumaFSoySoy, Walrein, Killthestory, Omega., Makaze, Mackc2, SullyMcGully
Lord Gaius (3): Kaoz, Fable, Arcanite
Snike + SatsumaFSoySoy (1): Alette
Walrein (1): Lord Gaius

Not Voting: athena_57, Baldrick

There is ~1 hours left in the day. With 16 alive, it takes 6 to lynch and 11 to hammer.

Can someone please tell me LG's claim because it's been mentioned a bunch and I can't keep up with these claims. @MakazeIt seems like some people find Snike town with the way the wagon gets no traction.

1 minute ago, Alette said:

Can someone please tell me LG's claim because it's been mentioned a bunch and I can't keep up with these claims. @MakazeIt seems like some people find Snike town with the way the wagon gets no traction.

On 4/18/2018 at 3:20 PM, Lord Gaius said:

I'm pretty demotivated to play because every time I sub into a game I just get mislynched. I'm paperblade town bookie, if I predict correctly I get a vig shot. This is why i was alluding to SK kill on Shinori earlier. I'll try and do some reads later, not feeling up to it right now. 

Alette, please!

2 minutes ago, Alette said:

he claimed bookie. he predicts who dies (he never explained if this was the lynch or NK) and if hes right he gets a vig

its literally what he said

Bookie
Alias: none
Alignment: any
Role type:
  • Multipurpose
Choice:
  • Night

A Bookie is a role that has a night action of betting on the lynch for the following day, and if correctly guessed, rewards the Bookie with extra role abilities such as a 1-shot power, an augmentation of an existing alternate power, or other benefits.

I'm ok to be wagoned tomorrow if arc flips town; the sweet release of death + it'll clear doubts in just about every player's mind.

If gaius ever comes back we could even test bookie by mislynching me as the prediction then using the vig on another poe slot if he's not auto scum after the flip. At least assuming the lynch prediction is a bookie part.

but IMO Arcanite is scum 95% of the time so that is not a world that I think is going to happen.

Also re: empower: I don't think Kaoz can self-target. We were told when we got the hijack that we couldn't target another player and redirect them to us, so i would assume same rules apply with that item.

1 minute ago, Snike said:

I'm ok to be wagoned tomorrow if arc flips town; the sweet release of death + it'll clear doubts in just about every player's mind.

If gaius ever comes back we could even test bookie by mislynching me as the prediction then using the vig on another poe slot if he's not auto scum after the flip. At least assuming the lynch prediction is a bookie part.

but IMO Arcanite is scum 95% of the time so that is not a world that I think is going to happen.

Also re: empower: I don't think Kaoz can self-target. We were told when we got the hijack that we couldn't target another player and redirect them to us, so i would assume same rules apply with that item.

oh. so its double buffered. that sucks

empower mack imo then

1 minute ago, Snike said:

Disagree with the 95% flip because it just seems too high.

I mean possibly but  Kaoz could also empower jail target so that they ignore the roleblock aspect of jailkeeper and use an active role.

Alette why would you agree with Snike even 50% when you've been tunneling him since game start and have in your world that he can't be w/w with arc

12 minutes ago, Refa said:

If you could explain the Makaze read further, that'd be swell.  I'm confused at your change in stance here since I thought you were okay w/both lynch wagons.  Do you think Arcanite makes less sense as scum now?

The Makaze read?

He's shaded me, probably the most obvious villager in the game. He's actually floated the idea that Alette could be a wolf on D3; that's something we don't worry about for a long while. He voted me when I think at least 1 wolf probably went at Marth/my wagon yesterday. He built the eclipse wagon. I think he's done some other stuff that I find ridiculous that I don't really remember. Even if he's V here, I think he's going to roll wolf on this site one day, do all the same shit here, be read V, then in postgame people will say, "Wow, I never saw that coming!" I think most villas are pretty much handing him a free win if he's a wolf here, and it's just beyond terrible because there is no benefit to reading him V.

Weapons' posts were bad. Arc's posts were too. LG's were as well. They can all just get out of my village.

1 minute ago, Omega. said:

The Makaze read?

He's shaded me, probably the most obvious villager in the game. He's actually floated the idea that Alette could be a wolf on D3; that's something we don't worry about for a long while. He voted me when I think at least 1 wolf probably went at Marth/my wagon yesterday. He built the eclipse wagon. I think he's done some other stuff that I find ridiculous that I don't really remember. Even if he's V here, I think he's going to roll wolf on this site one day, do all the same shit here, be read V, then in postgame people will say, "Wow, I never saw that coming!" I think most villas are pretty much handing him a free win if he's a wolf here, and it's just beyond terrible because there is no benefit to reading him V.

Weapons' posts were bad. Arc's posts were too. LG's were as well. They can all just get out of my village.

Going to echo that Omega is not cleared as makes sense as ITP, because if I were ITP I would play like he has been. If I have been shading people, he has been shading them without actually making arguments; he has been begging questions.

If we lynch both Arc and Sully and both of them are Mafia, I would probably got for Omega over LG on rolespec, but LG just because their slot is useless and all of the other reasons I scumread him before.