We Need Serenes Forest Mafia Mafia 5 After All! - GAME OVER

Iris

8 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

To elaborate, Mack said he would be on Kaoz on Night 2 during the day. We used a Hijack (courtesy of Shinori) on Mack to move him to Kirsche. Kaoz ended up getting an Empower. We know Shinori has scum motivations now, so his actions should reflect that.

Our two hypothetical scenarios for the Kaoz/Mack empower situation:

1) The Empower was meant to be given to Kaoz all along for the eventual Strongman, and scum expected Mack to not be on Kaoz at all. This would reflect poorly on Mack.

2) The Empower was meant for Mack. Mack, going on Kaoz, would receive the Empower sent to Kaoz. The whole process would have been legit, provable by any tracking roles in case they were on Shinori, Mack or even Kaoz. Our hijack moved Mack away, and Kaoz got the Empower instead, ruining the plan. This... reflects poorly on Mack, because it would mean scum passed a power onto him on purpose. There would have been no reason to Strongman Mack if he was Town, since he's Macho.

I like this argument and it makes a large amount of sense. They had no reasonable expectation for Shinori to get killed or for the empower to be revealed as scum, so I can't see any reason for them to think this was a bad idea.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Vi-astra said:

do you guys still think one of the networkers is scum because i still think so

I'm reading them both as town individually/from interactions w/scum and I can see networkers being town/town because it gives town control of who has OC over just a town role existing purely to make scum look better.

I wouldn't lynch Mackc2 today.

I mean I guess I'll concede on a Mack lynch if we want to do that; though I really wasn't reading nightmare scum by his claim I'm not particularly sold on Makaze or LG. mafia is hard. I still have this feeling the kirsche slot is also scum but meh. I need another flip. JB read came easy to me and now that he's dead I'm back up the stream w/ no paddle

2 minutes ago, Refa said:

I'm reading them both as town individually/from interactions w/scum and I can see networkers being town/town because it gives town control of who has OC over just a town role existing purely to make scum look better.

I wouldn't lynch Mackc2 today.

What of Snike's analysis?

This game's confusing with all these power roles.

7 minutes ago, Vi-astra said:

do you guys still think one of the networkers is scum because i still think so

1 minute ago, Vi-astra said:

I mean I guess I'll concede on a Mack lynch if we want to do that; though I really wasn't reading nightmare scum by his claim I'm not particularly sold on Makaze or LG. mafia is hard. I still have this feeling the kirsche slot is also scum but meh. I need another flip. JB read came easy to me and now that he's dead I'm back up the stream w/ no paddle

So you think Kirsche is the one?

What are people making of Gaius' claim? (Paperblade Bookie)

Just now, Omega. said:

This game's confusing with all these power roles.

rolemadness is the only way to go!

I think my scum team is some combination of:

Mackc2
Lord Gaius
Zkirsche/Killthestory

Weapons as ITP

Honestly I just can't imagine why Shinori and Jaybee would actively avoid a Kirsche alternative and go for eclipse in this situation. I had a case but they know who is Mafia because they are Mafia so I don't understand the reasoning in intentionally trying to push for scum/scum wagons, or having a real preference for eclipse in this situation.

1 minute ago, Killthestory said:

i think he's a wolf

OK, man, just because you subbed into an obvtown spot doesn't mean you don't have to post substantial reads. I mean, I don't post the best reads either, but I at least try to make it look like I have a reason for it. Here, try something like this:

3 minutes ago, Killthestory said:

i think he's a wolf, i'm really busy atm tho so i'll give you all my logic later.

That's more like it!

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

What are people making of Gaius' claim? (Paperblade Bookie)

Can you explain what this claim is?

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

yeah probably

also what does bookie mean?

my role is riddler (I have to match every player with their character and I get a new role) so from what I know right now LG's role is kinda similar to mine?

2 minutes ago, Vi-astra said:

okay but why

trying to guess at what scum would do and crafting narratives that you cant really use as a foundation to help you solve is pretty wolfy. the rest of what he did was very tip toey to me and felt off. 

@Sully lol ill explain if needed. i just cant help myself when blanket questions are thrown my way.

btw, reading me for interactions and plays that arent my own and are from my slot i realize is a necessary evil, but one i really find annoying fmpov. 

I don't really want the mack lynch either today but he was in my poe so I think that needs to be discussed.

here's the gaius claim:

15 minutes ago, Lord Gaius said:

I'm pretty demotivated to play because every time I sub into a game I just get mislynched. I'm paperblade town bookie, if I predict correctly I get a vig shot. This is why i was alluding to SK kill on Shinori earlier. I'll try and do some reads later, not feeling up to it right now. 

2 minutes ago, Makaze said:

Can you explain what this claim is?

Explain? I don't know what you mean. Gaius claimed his role in the last page.

If you mean "what does Bookie do" or something like that, I'm definitely the wrong person to ask.

ugh I'm having flashbacks to a certain player already

don't be smart with me. if I ask you why you are voting someone obviously I'm asking you why you think they're scum.

16 minutes ago, Lord Gaius said:

I'm pretty demotivated to play because every time I sub into a game I just get mislynched. I'm paperblade town bookie, if I predict correctly I get a vig shot. This is why i was alluding to SK kill on Shinori earlier. I'll try and do some reads later, not feeling up to it right now. 

If you predict what correctly?

I'm not sure how much I believe that as a real town role. It's impossible to prove and is impossible for scum (scum would know who was going to die). I think it's a safe fakeclaim. Hot take.

4 minutes ago, Vi-astra said:

rolemadness is the only way to go!

Nearly every role madness game I've played, some power role makes a wtfplay and then no one knows what the hell is going on. And then the entire town is confused. Then, people insist on more role madness games being hosted despite this drawback. Role madness has its perks, but I don't know why it has the popularity it does. I think it's because people just want a role and don't think ahead to how it can muddy the gamestate.

Just now, Vi-astra said:

what do you think about that as a town role paired with mine though?

I think yours is more sensical because it makes sense as any alignment. His role is specifically designed to be town only. I don't think the hosts would rand that into this game.