We Need Serenes Forest Mafia Mafia 5 After All! - GAME OVER

Iris

Just now, Omega. said:

Nearly every role madness game I've played, some power role makes a wtfplay and then no one knows what the hell is going on. And then the entire town is confused. Then, people insist on more role madness games being hosted despite this drawback. Role madness has its perks, but I don't know why it has the popularity it does. I think it's because people just want a role and don't think ahead to how it can muddy the gamestate.

mafia is a game and in the end the point is to have fun

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Killthestory said:

trying to guess at what scum would do and crafting narratives that you cant really use as a foundation to help you solve is pretty wolfy.

Trying to think like scum to catch scum is scummy? Scum has motivations and gameplans, and trying to grasp them is a way of finding them. What would you use as a foundation?

Day 3.6 Votals
Lord Gaius (3): Kaoz, Omega., Makaze
Snike + SatsumaFSoySoy (2): Baldrick
Walrein (2): Fable, Lord Gaius
Mackc2 (2): SullyMcGully, athena_57
Arcanite (1): Refa
Makaze (1): Snike + SatsumaFSoySoy

Not Voting: Everyone Else

There are ~48 hours left in the day. With 17 alive, it takes 6 to lynch and 12 to hammer.

Day 3.7 Stop Playing LoL, SB
Lord Gaius (3): Kaoz, Omega., Makaze
Snike + SatsumaFSoySoy (2): Baldrick, Killthestory
Mackc2 (2): SullyMcGully, athena_57
Walrein (2): Fable, Lord Gaius
Arcanite (1): Refa
Makaze (1): Snike + SatsumaFSoySoy

Not Voting: Alette, Arcanite, Mackc2, Via, Walrein

There are ~48 hours left in the day. With 16 alive, it takes 6 to lynch and 11 to hammer.

Edited by Iris

1 minute ago, Refa said:

Wouldn't lynch LG today based on that claim either.  People should sheep me instead IMO!

... you still think you should lynch me?

I'm not gonna lie I don't think LG is scum but if he really just guilt tripped us as scum I'm gonna be so frustrated.

hold on I'm gonna decide who I want to vote.

Oh you're voting Arcanite

Who was Arcanite again? Let me see... Weapons

I mean, its a safe lynch, and scum will prefer it to lynching them, and it potentially kills anti-town NK

But I'm interest in solving the game

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Trying to think like scum to catch scum is scummy? Scum has motivations and gameplans, and trying to grasp them is a way of finding them. What would you use as a foundation?

i find scum fake thinking about what would scum do a lot. i just look at whos wolfy and whos not and go from there. setup spec and trying to figure out gamestates in terms of mechanics is beyond my ability :p. i think the way snike went about it definitely pinged me.

It's like warlock but instead of winning the game you win vig shots! Almost as fun!

Realtalk: I think the fact that it's conditional vig is what gives me pause but at the same time makaze has a point of not provable.

@Makazehe was targeted by BBM last cycle.

What I'm wondering again is if Caffeinator is a common role name for the BBM role bc Gaius mentioned it after d2 and that was the first time I've seen it like that.

LG is a pretty safe lynch too, man.  I think me and Via are the only people who've objected to it.

1 minute ago, Vi-astra said:

tbh I might be sold on an Arcanite lynch ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah, my convincing arguments have won the day again.

1 minute ago, Snike said:

Realtalk: I think the fact that it's conditional vig is what gives me pause but at the same time makaze has a point of not provable.

@Makazehe was targeted by BBM last cycle.

What I'm wondering again is if Caffeinator is a common role name for the BBM role bc Gaius mentioned it after d2 and that was the first time I've seen it like that.

It's provable if it works. :thinking:

It is, Snike.

Just now, Killthestory said:

pls dont say things like this

please leave me alone

Hmmmm

I just put together than Lord Gaius had JB and Mack/Nightmare interactions on his ISO

So LG cannot be w/w with Mackc2 and JB, i don't believe that

I'm willing to move off of this lynch, i guess

@Lord Gaius please show up

1 minute ago, Killthestory said:

i find scum fake thinking about what would scum do a lot. i just look at whos wolfy and whos not and go from there. setup spec and trying to figure out gamestates in terms of mechanics is beyond my ability :p. i think the way snike went about it definitely pinged me.

It pinged your gut? I'd like to hear a bit more than that, because otherwise my only valid response would be "ok". What specifically do you mean with "the way Snike went about it?"

sry I got the impression you were antagonizing me cuz I got frustrated with you. for the record I'm unfortunately at the point I'm considering PoE which is why I'm considering the Arc lynch.