Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

44 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Wouldn't you use at least one copy of a Mythic matching the season to score well? I can understand not having pulled a single copy, but I doubt someone can ladder well by refusing to use her though.

You might be overestimating the amount of effort players put into this game mode.

I make the assumption that at least half of the players that make it to Tier 21 are content to just stay in Tier 21 rather than go for ranking or higher-tier rewards. For players that are not yet in Tier 21, it's entirely possible to attempt to climb only on Light weeks, which saves the player orbs trying to go for another Mythic Hero since Eir is free. This lets the player take it easy every other week and only need to hold their current tier.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

You might be overestimating the amount of effort players put into this game mode.

Case in point:

Spoiler

7EEkBSa.png

Though admittedly, I am a poor example as I despise this mode so much I have zero interest in putting in the effort to get to Tier 21 and beyond. As long as I get about 50 grails a week, I’ll be content.

So Fae tanked a Legendary Alm's Lunar Flash today after already being chipped significantly from an Ophelia's Blazing Light and killed him in one hit of Aether (fully charged after being attacked by Ophelia and Nino).

Distant Def 4 is already putting in massive work as Nino had Iris's Tome and Alm had Bonus Doubler. (If they had attacked in a different order, Fae would still have come out on top since Alm only did 20 damage with Lunar Flash.)

I also recognize the map from a mile away. It's the same guy that made me thoroughly hate Seliph a few weeks ago. His map is still using the exact same pile of bullshit as last time with Seliph (Infantry Pulse), Nino, Ophelia, Alm, and Azura with Ninian (Infantry Pulse) as the only non-bullshit unit on the team (if you count Infantry Pulse as not bullshit). The guy also had a Lv. 5+1 Fortress (D).

Get wrecked.

Though to be fair, the only reason I was able to do anything about his map was the fact that they changed the walls so that I could actually go around Seliph and not have to deal with his bullshit until 2 turns later. And because Fae is a boss.

Mythic all growed up Fae when?

Edited by Ice Dragon

Thank Naga for that Deep Bonds Event with the extra 10 Aether Stones Daily allowing me to upgrade my Defense Fort to Lv5 before even getting the Weekly Stones. May not make too much of a difference but Lv5 Offensive Forts are getting more common while I still run into Lv4 Forts on Defense so best decision was to prioritize making sure my Defense is on a more even playing field~

First week using my Astra teams was fairly successful~ The Galeforce team worked great, Ophelia was alright but without Special Spiral, her potential was pretty nerfed, and DC Vantage Ares saved me a couple times. I blew it both times trying to use V!Mist and both times because I overlooked Panic somewhere (need to get used to Sudden Panic) but I'm getting rid of that paranoia entirely now and just going with Ward instead of Fortify Cavs on Eirika now. I don't think I used Velouria (maybe once, I'll use her more once I get Galeforce on her)~  I was 400 some odd Lift from T21 so that's progress~

New Defense team got 2 Successess, which was nice since I didn't expect any~ I'll probably tweak it a bit for next Anima Season. I didn't run into too many Nagas so it being primarily Dragons didn't hinder it as much. I'm curious to see the Dark team's results with the changes to Abandoned Castle. 

I'm hoping to try to get Yarne for another Galeforcer. I'm interested in getting Nah but not sure how good she'll be as a tank in AR being Red. I really need some kind of Tank for Astra and I'm thinking I may invest in M!Kana (thought about just switching Nowi over to Astra but my Light teams are pretty set in stone and she fits better over there).

Yo, those changed walls are amazing. Sucks for my own defense I guess, but it's a small price for significantly easier offense runs

Despite only having one Naga, I managed to safely land in the top 1k. Was hoping there wouldn't be too many people who managed to pull/use multiple Nagas, work in a bonus unit, and play a flawless offense at the same time, and I guess it worked out.

3 hours ago, Johann said:

Yo, those changed walls are amazing. Sucks for my own defense I guess, but it's a small price for significantly easier offense runs

Despite only having one Naga, I managed to safely land in the top 1k. Was hoping there wouldn't be too many people who managed to pull/use multiple Nagas, work in a bonus unit, and play a flawless offense at the same time, and I guess it worked out.

I wish there was no demotion below Tier 21. I would just go into this mode and auto-surrender. Its too much hassle with consantly changing offense defense and whatever Team and setups. One word: TIRESOME. I thought mobile games were about fast and quick access play

3 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I wish there was no demotion below Tier 21. I would just go into this mode and auto-surrender. Its too much hassle with consantly changing offense defense and whatever Team and setups. One word: TIRESOME. I thought mobile games were about fast and quick access play

Some of the challenge quests in Fate/Grand Order can take me 2 or more hours to clear due to either using or requiring a stall team.

Mobile games are pretty much the modern version of the Game Boy. There are games that you can sit down and play for a long time, games that you can pick up and put down on a whim, and games that have some of both.

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

Do you just do a few runs a week to maintain rank? My brother does that, can't blame anyone for not having the time or interest to carefully play every map

On 6/9/2019 at 6:13 PM, Tybrosion said:

Case in point:

Hide contents

7EEkBSa.png

Though admittedly, I am a poor example as I despise this mode so much I have zero interest in putting in the effort to get to Tier 21 and beyond. As long as I get about 50 grails a week, I’ll be content.

I think I mock battled you a few days ago.

5 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Thank Naga for that Deep Bonds Event with the extra 10 Aether Stones Daily allowing me to upgrade my Defense Fort to Lv5 before even getting the Weekly Stones. May not make too much of a difference but Lv5 Offensive Forts are getting more common while I still run into Lv4 Forts on Defense so best decision was to prioritize making sure my Defense is on a more even playing field~

First week using my Astra teams was fairly successful~ The Galeforce team worked great, Ophelia was alright but without Special Spiral, her potential was pretty nerfed, and DC Vantage Ares saved me a couple times. I blew it both times trying to use V!Mist and both times because I overlooked Panic somewhere (need to get used to Sudden Panic) but I'm getting rid of that paranoia entirely now and just going with Ward instead of Fortify Cavs on Eirika now. I don't think I used Velouria (maybe once, I'll use her more once I get Galeforce on her)~  I was 400 some odd Lift from T21 so that's progress~

New Defense team got 2 Successess, which was nice since I didn't expect any~ I'll probably tweak it a bit for next Anima Season. I didn't run into too many Nagas so it being primarily Dragons didn't hinder it as much. I'm curious to see the Dark team's results with the changes to Abandoned Castle. 

I'm hoping to try to get Yarne for another Galeforcer. I'm interested in getting Nah but not sure how good she'll be as a tank in AR being Red. I really need some kind of Tank for Astra and I'm thinking I may invest in M!Kana (thought about just switching Nowi over to Astra but my Light teams are pretty set in stone and she fits better over there).

If you do Kana, you won't have enough Grails For Delthea....

i think my daily rocks went for fort off 5. (but i have to now save up for fort def. 5). 

2 hours ago, Hilda said:

me too. 20 was such a slog, so i am now playing not to be in 20. (if i HAPPEN to get a chair, yay - but i'm quite okay just being in 21 for life. i hope they change this threshold

49 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Double Naga and a super buffed Fallen Y!Tiki were pretty great this week. I managed to go from tier 20 to tier 22 which is awesome! 

By the way, @daisy jane was this your Yune?

b4EQKSf.jpg

hahah that IS my Yune!! 

I got a few successes which allowed me to basically coast my way to tier 22. (haha) yay. i really didn't care. i played 1 a day, got a few points and that as they say is that. 

Edited by daisy jane

2 hours ago, daisy jane said:

If you do Kana, you won't have enough Grails For Delthea....

i think my daily rocks went for fort off 5. (but i have to now save up for fort def. 5).

Oh, I don't need to +10 him~ I already have him at +2. I would really just want to give him DC and Null-C Disrupt. Doubt he needs to be all the way at +10 just dealing in T20~

Yaaay upgrades~~

3 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Oh, I don't need to +10 him~ I already have him at +2. I would really just want to give him DC and Null-C Disrupt. Doubt he needs to be all the way at +10 just dealing in T20~

Yaaay upgrades~~

you got a Nailah?!

I don't think I had to use the Escape Ladder once last week, and it went fairly well all around. Now I've tried three matches and lost them all horribly within the first hour of the first week. 

It was nice being in tier 21 for two weeks.

I'm super not looking forward to facing down Alm this week. Not only does he have 18 more 2-hit bulk, but Fae is down an effective 10 Def from last week (4 from Alm's increased Atk, 10 from losing double Naga, -4 from switching to Def refine).

Here's hoping that the changes to the walls made enough of a difference to shake things up.

Upgraded D Fort to lv5 last night, so now I'm sitting at 5/5 while I wait for them to introduce lv6 Forts.
Good start to the week, a defense Success despite the Abandoned Castle nerf, and 2 simple offense games for the day.

14 hours ago, Johann said:

Do you just do a few runs a week to maintain rank? My brother does that, can't blame anyone for not having the time or interest to carefully play every map

I cant, call it OCD. I just like to poor the best in when i start playing (doesnt matter what). It just keeps iching, but i guess i'll try this week with just maintainging Tier 21. No more wasting Time!

10 hours ago, Thane said:

I don't think I had to use the Escape Ladder once last week, and it went fairly well all around. Now I've tried three matches and lost them all horribly within the first hour of the first week. 

It was nice being in tier 21 for two weeks.

Don't worry, I've had weeks in Tier 21 where I've lost four matches in a row on the first day of the season. 😀

I'm sure you'll get some easier matches on later days to even it out. There's always enough matches in a week for me to build up a safe margin.

32 minutes ago, Tree said:

Don't worry, I've had weeks in Tier 21 where I've lost four matches in a row on the first day of the season. 😀

I'm sure you'll get some easier matches on later days to even it out. There's always enough matches in a week for me to build up a safe margin.

Thanks mate! I won two matches worth 180 Lift so uh, I better step up my game, but I appreciate the thought.