Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

6 hours ago, Hilda said:

Not sure if Naga has much of a meta impact in AR. As an offensiv mythic boosting unit she doesnt fit the bill very good. Her Unique C Support Skill doesnt help the allies or the supertank much unless you are fighting Dragons. She cant use Galeforce because she is a Dragon (and she is too slow) and her Blessing boosts DEF which is kinda not exactly what you need + the fact that she isnt Ranged means she cant reach shit and reatreat. She could be turned into a supertank, but that only works when she is a bonus unti herself, because she doesnt benefit from the blessing. I am sad to say this, but IS dropped the ball on Naga like they did with Duma and i am thinking running dual Nagas is not feasable. I can only see Micaiah work well with her to an extend with Vantage and triple effectivness.

Yeah, part of me is kinda glad I don't have to figure out how to make 2 Nagas work, cuz going against Duma boosted mages is already difficult when I have unlimited options. I think units like Hawkeye, who has amazing Res and respectable Def, could get more mileage from her boost at least. Still, I'm certain most people are going to forgo most physical damage dealers for mages unless they can use specials like Luna or damage boosting units like Legendary Alm. Rally traps using Merric, Julia, or an archer could probably be more common too, since Naga herself doesn't take much to kill.

4 hours ago, daisy jane said:

woo and hooo.

.Hot diggity dog, you done it!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@daisy jane Congratulations on making T21!!!  Welcome to the stars!!!  I'm so thrilled for you!

@Maaka Congrats on T27!

I finish on 12840 lift, rank 1954.  I'll have to settle for doing well only in light season since 311 F2P orbs did not net me a single Naga (only 2 Legendary Tikis and a Legendary Lyn) - c'est la vie...

6 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Nice! I've only started playing again recently so I have a long way to go.

thanks 🙂 so much. I've been hovering in 20 for like. 2.5 months and i couldn't get close but i was de-ter-mined to do it, i needed a lot of hand holding though. 

3 hours ago, XRay said:

Congratulations! The stress is over! Even if you halfass your game from now on, you should still be able to easily get into Tier 22 every week even with heavy casualties and some losses. 

Well we'll see about tier 22. 😄 My hope is this time next year (depending if i ever really decide to pull on legendary banners again), if i get more Mythics i can try maybe for a Throne or two. or be constant. i should be able to do that. 

3 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Congratulations Daisy! Leaving me behind once again, hmmmmm~

thanks, sis. 
(but i mean. hello you left me behind in arena. it's fair. and you have two nagas. so you'll probably be ahead of me sooner or later lol).

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Congrats, I remember how much of a pain that was, but as long as you don't miss the week entirely, you shouldn't have to worry about doing it again.

mhm. It always seemed so far away. my goal now is just to try to maintain even ifit's just one win a day to compensate the loss in Astra/Anima (i don't have a duma), where as in light as i have Yune i'll should be better off. 

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Congrats Daisy! 559906064871456788.png.ff3a2bf544cff439c849620c685a5bbd.png

I expect that AR will be more enjoyable for you now.

I hope so. thanks, teach! 😄 

2 hours ago, Johann said:

.Hot diggity dog, you done it!

yeup! now just Tier 21 Arena 🙂 i am hoping i can do that by the end of the year. 

1 hour ago, DarkAlf said:

@daisy jane Congratulations on making T21!!!  Welcome to the stars!!!  I'm so thrilled for you!

thanks, Alf. that really means a lot. 

@daisy jane Grats on Climbing!

@Tree Thanks for the setiment, but Actually I probably won't. The issue is I kinda gave up on this mode after my initial push up at the start of the mode. Since then I have just been maintaining. The only time I try and push is when I get towards the end of the week and see that I have a shot even with my lackadaisical play. Case in point. With about 4 matches left this week I noticed I could climb even if I lost a unit each match, and could even afford to lose 2 once. So if I focused on perfect play rather than just doing whatever I could easily absorb a full defense loss and still have enough. Well I didn't have perfect play. Lost 1 unit. Problem is. My most recent loss hadn't quite been as recent as I thought and I ended up with 2 new 60 point losses when I checked on the last day to play my last match. Since the limit is 20 hours it is entirely possible to lose 2 sets of lift in a 24 hour period. Just not likely. Well that has happened everytime I am near the cutoff and try to make a serious push out of the end of a lackadaisical week.

Anyways I don't' feel like stressing myself out for a whole week over this mode so it will likely continue to be a 'whatever' play for most of the week and then if that went well a serious push on weekends. I am just a bit nonplussed that it always seems to be due to that 'extra' defense loss popping up. So it is pretty much always 40-60 short. It almost feels like being serious attracts more attention to your defenses. In reality it is probably just that there is an end of season rush and that I just don't notice normally since I don't care enough to pay attention most weeks.

Edited by Usana

...Wow, tier 20 looks to be impossible unless you have multiple Nagas/Eirs on their respective seasons and probably don't lose a single unit in any battle. Those requirements are ridiculous and should be lowered a bit imo.

But I doubt that's ever going to happen, so I guess I'm never going to go any higher than I already am. Oh well. Not my fault, at least...

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

...Wow, tier 20 looks to be impossible unless you have multiple Nagas/Eirs on their respective seasons and probably don't lose a single unit in any battle. Those requirements are ridiculous and should be lowered a bit imo.

But I doubt that's ever going to happen, so I guess I'm never going to go any higher than I already am. Oh well. Not my fault, at least...

You could pull it off, provided you don't get too many bullshit maps. Here's a breakdown of the math:

• +140 lift base for a successful run, assuming you have one Eir or Naga, along with 4 blessed heroes or active Legendaries
  • -55 lift base per full Def loss if you're running Yune with 5 Dark blessed heroes or active Legendaries
  • 13 runs minimum if you miss all the pots, 16 runs maximum if you get almost all of them

So, going by the math, assuming all of your Def matches are total failures, with Yune reducing the losses, the room for error you have is:

• 13 runs (no pots): 11 deaths allowed
  • 14 runs (10 pots): 18 deaths allowed
  • 15 runs (20 pots): 25 deaths allowed
  • 16 runs (30 pots): 32 deaths allowed

So, it's possible, just that it'll require some luck and maybe some careful team building. For what it's worth, next week will be Light + Water, with Fjorm as a bonus unit, so she'll have a massive stat boost and count towards the Lift bonus. It'll be a really good opportunity for anybody, really.

13 minutes ago, Johann said:

You could pull it off, provided you don't get too many bullshit maps. Here's a breakdown of the math:

• +140 lift base for a successful run, assuming you have one Eir or Naga, along with 4 blessed heroes or active Legendaries
  • -55 lift base per full Def loss if you're running Yune with 5 Dark blessed heroes or active Legendaries
  • 13 runs minimum if you miss all the pots, 16 runs maximum if you get almost all of them

So, going by the math, assuming all of your Def matches are total failures, with Yune reducing the losses, the room for error you have is:

• 13 runs (no pots): 11 deaths allowed
  • 14 runs (10 pots): 18 deaths allowed
  • 15 runs (20 pots): 25 deaths allowed
  • 16 runs (30 pots): 32 deaths allowed

So, it's possible, just that it'll require some luck and maybe some careful team building. For what it's worth, next week will be Light + Water, with Fjorm as a bonus unit, so she'll have a massive stat boost and count towards the Lift bonus. It'll be a really good opportunity for anybody, really.

I see, but it's probably hard NOT to run into at least one bullshit map or two. >_<

Also, I've tried adding Astra blessed units and active legendaries to my teams along with Naga, but only Naga and a bonus unit increases the max lift I can get.

Next week sounds like a good time for people to attempt tier 20 then, yeah. But I'd also probably have to get better at taking down these six-unit defense teams without having a lot of deaths. The disadvantage is still stupid to me, but I can win them more often than not. Just not without at least one death.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I see, but it's probably hard NOT to run into at least one bullshit map or two. >_<

Also, I've tried adding Astra blessed units and active legendaries to my teams along with Naga, but only Naga and a bonus unit increases the max lift I can get.

Next week sounds like a good time for people to attempt tier 20 then, yeah. But I'd also probably have to get better at taking down these six-unit defense teams without having a lot of deaths. The disadvantage is still stupid to me, but I can win them more often than not. Just not without at least one death.

Yeah, this is a crappy week for bonus units if you didn't roll for the recent fallen heroes banner. I'm using Saias, who's doing little more than Ploys and Smite. Next week should be good though, Fire/Water/Light, and with Fjorm covering the bonus unit slot means you can use her, Azura, Eir, and any two other Light blessed units or Fire/Water Legendaries for the full score.

Thinking about how accustomed I am to having Eir's ranged attacks makes me kinda concerned that maps I should otherwise could be ok on will be a pain this week.

Up into the T14-15 range and starting to run into "proper" defense teams. Based on the past few days of battling, I've decided I don't want to do this and might sandbag back to the lower tiers. Originally thought that T16 might be a nice target because of the reward structure (an extra 4 dragonflowers per 5 tiers), but having now experienced the difference in difficulty from climbing just those few tiers, that piddly extra amount doesn't seem worth it relative to the extra effort.

28 minutes ago, Johann said:

Yeah, this is a crappy week for bonus units if you didn't roll for the recent fallen heroes banner. I'm using Saias, who's doing little more than Ploys and Smite. Next week should be good though, Fire/Water/Light, and with Fjorm covering the bonus unit slot means you can use her, Azura, Eir, and any two other Light blessed units or Fire/Water Legendaries for the full score.

Thinking about how accustomed I am to having Eir's ranged attacks makes me kinda concerned that maps I should otherwise could be ok on will be a pain this week.

I actually ended up getting Berkut despite not really pulling much on the banner, but I have Yune and she's a bonus, so I'm using her. She kills Reinhardts for me, so. xP

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I actually ended up getting Berkut despite not really pulling much on the banner, but I have Yune and she's a bonus, so I'm using her. She kills Reinhardts for me, so. xP

Works too. Never hurts to just go with a steady team over the highest point scoring one, anyway, especially if you get more consistently good results.

---------------------

Looking at my own Astra team, I realized Reyson is an excellent dancer for it since he can transform near Naga and will heal up Upheaval damage. I almost wish I had thought to do the Escape Route trick with a level 1 Reyson, ah well.

I'm getting used to my new team.  Having zero ranged units is a definite change.  I got lucky and got a second Naga.  I need to give her a different B skill, since double chill is overkill, and I gave one Smite, instead of Reposition, but I've accidentally Smited instead of Repo'd a few times already.

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I gave one Smite, instead of Reposition, but I've accidentally Smited instead of Repo'd a few times already. 

I do that with my Eirs since one has Reposition and the other has Smite. 😛

@Johann's suggestion (I think it was Johann) to differentiate with accessories helped. I put the bright red headband on the one with Smite.

4 minutes ago, Tree said:

I do that with my Eirs since one has Reposition and the other has Smite. 😛

@Johann's suggestion (I think it was Johann) to differentiate with accessories helped. I put the bright red headband on the one with Smite.

I'll have to do something like that.  Eir benefits by having doubles with her healing skill and ranged utility.  Naga is nice, but two of her doesn't really bring anything extra to the table.

During my climb up I've screwed myself over many, many times by my second Eir not even having an assist of any kind (the main one has Reposition). Figured it wasn't necessary because she's only used in AR and arena scoring rules don't apply here. Come to think of it, it was kinda dumb of me to even field the second one at all yesterday since she's out of season. Yeah, I'm not thinking this mode through very well...

42 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I'll have to do something like that.  Eir benefits by having doubles with her healing skill and ranged utility.  Naga is nice, but two of her doesn't really bring anything extra to the table.

It'll be real nice once we get another Astra hero into the fold for variety. Even when they add another Light hero, it'll be hard to top what two Eirs can do.

3 hours ago, Johann said:

So Far I am running ok with double Naga, Marth, Beast dancer (forgot name colorless) and my Flashing Blade 4 Pulse Smoke Galeforce Anna.

Basicly Anna goes in Galeforce kills the most threating unit and reduces special counter by 1 and then retreats with her escape route letting my DC Naga super Tank the rest with ward flier support + Marth buffs + Her weapon buffs.

I switched Anna to Astra bonus because Sharena runs Light Bonus. Not sure where to stuff Alfonse in lol

So far this week also started good for me. I decided to put Sonya and Selena on my offensive team. And I gave Sonya a special which she triggers on the first round. Most of the time I go in with Sonya take out some threats and then comes Selena tanking. Somehow I just ignore the "bonus units. I might give Anna some push in future though. 

16 hours ago, Anacybele said:

You can do it, Ana! Just keep trying! Believe in yourself!

I was helping Daisy last season, and we were able to make her reach Tier 21 by using a Team that scores 130 lift (1 Eir and Yune as bonus unit), and a defensive team that can have, at max, -55 lift. Daisy used 2 Ladders, but was able to reach Tier 21 with 15 matches of the 16 possible.

She got really difficult enemy teams, that took more than 1 hour to beat, but you just need to be careful and calm about the situation.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

18 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

You can do it, Ana! Just keep trying! Believe in yourself!

I was helping Daisy last season, and we were able to make her reach Tier 21 by using a Team that scores 130 lift (1 Eir and Yune as bonus unit), and a defensive team that can have, at max, -55 lift. Daisy used 2 Ladders, but was able to reach Tier 21 with 15 matches of the 16 possible.

She got really difficult enemy teams, that took more than 1 hour to beat, but you just need to be careful and calm about the situation.

Well, I don't really know if I actually want to try. I don't actually care about going the highest of high or anything, just getting a decent grail income.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well, I don't really know if I actually want to try. I don't actually care about going the highest of high or anything, just getting a decent grail income.

The good part of Tier 21 is that you don't have to play it to reach higher ranks... you only need to play it to keep the Tier 21. If you get more lift than you lose, that's enough.

Edited by Diovani Bressan