Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

8 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

The only problem is that another infantry would nullify my Tactics strategies, at least until they finally give us a Cavalry dancer.  With the 3-move herons, it wouldn't be that gamebreaking.

ye be cursed

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Tree said:

However, players that focus more on collecting favorites would probably struggle to get in Tier 21 with only two Eirs.

I got into Tier 21 with a cheap climbing team. 80,000 Hero Feathers (Sharena, 2 M!Corrins, Titania for Guard for Sharena), 600 Divine Dew (Sharena, 2 M!Corrins), and enough Orbs to summon 1 Distant Counter (Sharena) fodder and 1 extra Eir is not like super cheap, but it is far cheaper than what an average player sinks into their Arena team or Arena Assault Team 1.

Super tank/carrier teams would not work with every map, but it should work often enough to be viable for climbing.

Edited by XRay

T21 was definitely far easier to get into before. AR is one of those modes that you really wanted to have started when it came out. Not many people really knew what they were doing in terms of defense and it was much easier to get deathless wins. Almost every battle I did on the way to T21 was just plant my most common green pity breaker, Myrrh, in front of the enemy team and watch them suicide into her. It only became easier once Eir was around giving her extra res and ward fliers. I hardly invested anything into the mode at first.

Now the super tank strategy is a bit more difficult to pull off, especially with L!Alm and instant Luna infantry pulse teams running around everywhere. My strategy basically shifted from super tank Myrrh/Garon to galeforcing everything. 3 of my 5 teams are actually different galeforce teams and it's almost the only strategy I use these days, aside from an easy DC vantage Laevatein win. I've definitely invested a lot more recently into AR trying to improve my defense and keep my offense up, but I've still gotten to use some of my favorites thankfully. My first 5*, Peri, is now one of my 5*+10 galeforce users and some of my other 5*+10s have found their way into my AR teams. However, I have had to spend most of my orbs on AR units these days, but it's really all I have left to work on now.

Finished this week with 12,440 Lift. Team was the same as ever. Athena, Eir, Aversa, Deirdre and L!Azura. I am so lazy I always use the same team. xD maybe 10% of the maps are difficult for this setup. The rest is possible.
Next season will be interesting. I will need some time to Adjust Selena/Naga to this... I should start with some mock up battles tomorrow...and my Julia just is not on the same level as Deirdre. I can still use her in a more offensive matter. The biggest hit will be missing Aversa. That is what I get for merging her to +10. Instead I just might prepare another galeforce user and maybe just maybe Kagero's refine will lead to something. 

Ending at 13105 lift (Tier26), and top1k. Still amazed that this is possible, since I don't have the lv4 Amphorae for a 16th game, and I got completely destroyed by defense loss order RNG. Lost -340 on defense, if the order was more favorable it would've been only -120.

Winter Cecilia and Surtr still proving that omega tank plonk strats work like a charm against most people, and even worked against this one IP team I faced that had triple anti-armor.

Spoiler

unknown.png?width=362&height=487

15 hours ago, Rezzy said:

The only problem is that another infantry would nullify my Tactics strategies, at least until they finally give us a Cavalry dancer.  With the 3-move herons, it wouldn't be that gamebreaking.

The beast fliers three movement is impressive, but they are physical melee fighters (and can't start turns next to cavalry units). Cavalry brings magic and ranged, and a cavalry refresher could also provide horse buffs. It might not be worse than Azura, but it's hard to say.

12 hours ago, XRay said:

I got into Tier 21 with a cheap climbing team. 80,000 Hero Feathers (Sharena, 2 M!Corrins, Titania for Guard for Sharena), 600 Divine Dew (Sharena, 2 M!Corrins), and enough Orbs to summon 1 Distant Counter (Sharena) fodder and 1 extra Eir is not like super cheap, but it is far cheaper than what an average player sinks into their Arena team or Arena Assault Team 1.

Super tank/carrier teams would not work with every map, but it should work often enough to be viable for climbing.

Would a casual collector really use a copy of Distant Counter and four 5 stars worth of feathers purely for a competitive mode though? Also, most players would merge or skill inherit a duplicate 5 star rather than build separately just for Arena or AR.

I'm a "somewhat" average player, and have reached Tier 20 arena a couple of times when I've had a particularly good bonus unit available. Yet, I've never once spent any resources for Arena or Arena Assault. My "Arena Team" is Bow Lyn, Reinhardt, Dorcas, and a bonus unit. (They don't even have skills that score well in Arena.) My first Arena Assault team is just Tibarn by himself. ? I'm probably somewhat unusual compared to most players because I actually spend orbs for mythic units (I don't necessarily even want) just for AR purposes.

The average player probably just uses their best units for those modes and doesn't build for them. This never affected summoning until AR. It's sad that casual players will have significant disadvantages in summoning grail units. Orbs are purchasable and the free orbs were never limited by competition in this way.

4 hours ago, Usana said:

. . . missed 21 by 40 lift yet again. I should have bit the bullet and dropped a light blessing on Kaden.

Oh, that's rough. ? If you are that close, you'll probably get in next time though.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I'm finishing with 8,610 lift in tier 19! I did so good this season! Can't wait to see how well I can do in Astra season with Naga. ?

Good job! ? Get the next offensive fortress as soon as you can. Those offensive upgrades made a big difference for me.

10 minutes ago, Tree said:

Good job! ? Get the next offensive fortress as soon as you can. Those offensive upgrades made a big difference for me.

Mine's already lv. 4 and I'm not close to being able to get it to level 5. ? But upgrading both fortresses has made a difference!

Tier 25 finish (12.7K Lift), which is fine considering that I was doing 141-point matches and didn't win a single AR defense that mattered.

Main team: +0 Eir, +1 Eir, 5+6+5 Bath Camilla, NY Azura, 5+10+1 Aversa

Secondary team (used against a flier ball): +0 Eir, +1 Eir, 5+5+0 Leon, Legend Azura, 5+10+1 Aversa

2 minutes ago, Tree said:

Would a casual collector really use a copy of Distant Counter and four 5 stars worth of feathers purely for a competitive mode though? Also, most players would merge or skill inherit a duplicate 5 star rather than build separately just for Arena or AR.

I'm a "somewhat" average player, and have reached Tier 20 arena a couple of times when I've had a particularly good bonus unit available. Yet, I've never once spent any resources for Arena or Arena Assault. My "Arena Team" is Bow Lyn, Reinhardt, Dorcas, and a bonus unit. (They don't even have skills that score well in Arena.) My first Arena Assault team is just Tibarn by himself. ? I'm probably somewhat unusual compared to most players because I actually spend orbs for mythic units (I don't necessarily even want) just for AR purposes.

The average player probably just uses their best units for those modes and doesn't build for them. This never affected summoning until AR. It's sad that casual players will have significant disadvantages in summoning grail units. Orbs are purchasable and the free orbs were never limited by competition in this way.

If their favorite unit is a Grail unit or if they are a new player who want to get all the old Grail units, while they do not have to invest anything to get free Grails, investing a modest amount of resources will significantly increase their Grail income.

There are a lot of Grails not limited by competition. At the absolute minimum, ALL players get 50 Heroic Grails per week (Tier 11 gives 20; 300,000+ rank gives 10; daily/weekly participation gives 20) for free with NO intellectual effort; all you have to do is start a battle and surrender. Forging Bonds offers another 40 Grails per month with little effort. That is a total of 240 Grails per month.

My weekly Grail income is 79+ per per week (Tier 22 gives 42; 20,000 rank give 17; daily/weekly participation gives 20), so my monthly Grail income is 356+ per month, which is about 48%+ more. In my opinion, if a player's favorite unit is a limited Grail unit, investing 80,000 Feathers and enough Orbs to get two 5* exclusive unit to get their fave unit 48% faster is a no brainer.

80,000 Feathers is nothing compared to 660,000 Feathers for an Arena team made of three units from the 4* pool, and that does not even factor in the cost of Skill Inheritance.

I made it to tier 20 in Arena and tier 21 in Aether Raids for the first time in the same week. 1.5 hours remain of the AR season, and I got attacked just a few minutes ago, and I got three of the attacker's units, leaving me with just 40 Lift above the limit. Man, I could've lost it all in one attack. Thank goodness.

Not sure if Naga has much of a meta impact in AR. As an offensiv mythic boosting unit she doesnt fit the bill very good. Her Unique C Support Skill doesnt help the allies or the supertank much unless you are fighting Dragons. She cant use Galeforce because she is a Dragon (and she is too slow) and her Blessing boosts DEF which is kinda not exactly what you need + the fact that she isnt Ranged means she cant reach shit and reatreat. She could be turned into a supertank, but that only works when she is a bonus unti herself, because she doesnt benefit from the blessing. I am sad to say this, but IS dropped the ball on Naga like they did with Duma and i am thinking running dual Nagas is not feasable. I can only see Micaiah work well with her to an extend with Vantage and triple effectivness.

18 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I can only see Micaiah work well with her to an extend with Vantage and triple effectivness.

I think Clair/Caeda would be a nice option, she also gets triple effectivness and The HP/Def boost helps her becoming a more balanced Tank.

+10 atk boon Clair with 2 Naga supports would have 54/50/40/38/37 assuming she uses Rhompaia refine, with no skills included. One downside is that most players keep Brave Lyn in a save place, if she could sweep through that and take out Brave Lyn she could do well.. Of course I think a Galeforce build would do her good, her lacking attack comes in handy to double mages. while she is effective against Dragons, Armor and Cavalry. I think Distant def 4 might be a good choice for A slot? 

Downside is that it would make 3 blues on your team and I don't know how she will do against a variety of armors. Caeda might be another option here...at least she also helps against Surtr. 

But yeah, I am struggling on how to do my best with Naga. For the moment Selena is my choice.. and Julia/Deirdre both benefit more from the Res bonus through Eir.. which is why I wait for the next Astra hero before thinking about having 2 Nagas. I think 2 different Light/Astra heroes for corresponding seasons might help to have some more options. 

Edited by Stroud

Ended the season with 13,426 lift, rank 178. Lost 130 lift on defense and 20 lift on offense. Anna did quite a good job as a bonus unit. Made her into a secondary galeforcer with wings of mercy and the atk/spd bond seal. Thanks to the bonus stats, she can actually tank quite a bit and has more than enough speed to use flashing blade. Much more fun to use Anna as an AR bonus compared to an arena bonus.

2 hours ago, daisy jane said:

I had so many people help me this week so that this could happen.

image0.png?width=242&height=431

woo and hooo. 

Congratulations! The stress is over! Even if you halfass your game from now on, you should still be able to easily get into Tier 22 every week even with heavy casualties and some losses. 

3 hours ago, daisy jane said:

woo and hooo. 

Congratulations Daisy! Leaving me behind once again, hmmmmm~

23 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Congratulations Daisy! Leaving me behind once again, hmmmmm~

You will get there eventually too. It does take time and some luck though; I did not get in until my second try and I think I barely made the threshold.

9 minutes ago, XRay said:

You will get there eventually too. It does take time and some luck though; I did not get in until my second try and I think I barely made the threshold.

Well, I was able to get two Nagas so realistically I would think to have a better chance than in Light Season~ But my Dark Team is much better than my Anima team so I may be taking some bigger hits on Defense now.

3 hours ago, daisy jane said:

woo and hooo. 

Congrats, I remember how much of a pain that was, but as long as you don't miss the week entirely, you shouldn't have to worry about doing it again.