Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

Managed T27 again thanks to Mila~ Defense only lost -80 so that's the best the Dark Team has performed in a while. I honestly just got lucky with the timing of Successes since I only had 3, but I had a couple days with 3 foes defeated for -0.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got attacked 8 times so far, with 7 Successes and 1 failure that counter (-40).

That helped me to reach T27 with a pretty good score of 13,552 so far. It can go down to 13,512 if I got attacked by a full loss (-40 is the max I can get), but there is no way I will drop to T26.

I am sure a Golden Throne is guaranteed.

Typical T25 week. The defence did an excellent job and I manged to stay defence wise at -94 (or 97), which is the first time I was below 100 lift loss, I only need the last infantry pulse to have Luna on Bramimond. The offence was meh as I lost the last two matches completely due to foolish mistakes.

Now begins the hell that is Astra and Anima. Anima not so much as Brunnya is carring hard and I am building some units to improve things. Astra however, is horrible. Please, IS release an Anima fairy like Mirabilis, I can't do anything with Naga wasting space like that. 

Edited by SuperNova125

T27 last week which was nice.

This week is my first week using Brunnya as my Astra tank. She does not disappoint: 

Funnya with Brunnya. 

The two Thrasir both did less than 10 damage. Only V!Faye seemed threatening but after a calculation I knew she’d survive and heal back up to tank Ophelia and the Thrasirs. Pulse smoke so nice.

87939-D3-A-9-F15-4-B47-9-C3-F-1-C3-DCC0-

Poor HS!Micaiah. 

Wasn’t in time for Thrasir etc. 

Also, Fort Def Res+ Fort Res, Res refined Tenari+ Tethys as a support is fun. 53 resistance is just bonkers.

Edit: Just now realised she still had a FB accesory on. Let’s change that.

Edited by Vicious Sal

6 hours ago, Rinco said:

What build are you using on her, @Vicious Sal?

image1.png

Steady posture is also used as a seal, waiting for Kestrel stance as a seal right now. 

She gives 0 fucks ve Thrasir, Mirabilis, Lif and Duma. It’s fantastic.

1 hour ago, Rinco said:

Is Null Followup mandatory for her or do you think she could work with another B skill?

NFU is pretty much mandatory if you're going for this build. There is another build that is also seeing lots of succes. That's Mirror stance 3 (From Osian i believe) with special spiral and pulse smoke. That build has more tankiness and the guard effect is useful. It uses Sol iirc to keep healing high. That build is slightly trickier since you have less combat stats when engaging on a melee frontline. When facing an IP team it's imperative you do hit the carries with Pulse smoke though.  My build can usually kill a frontline, get danced and kill another unit for smoking the entire defense team. The Mirror stance/Spiral build is used more for one tap and then weathering the storm. Usually with M corrin or so as the support.

NFU is core on the Solo build since all Anima mythics have follow ups or follow up denial in their kits:

Thrasir: Killing intent is pretty much nullified, Brunnya also does not care about the debuffs. The Solo build forces a Spd check, the Stance build inflicts Guard and just tries to tank the hits.

Duma: You negate Bold fighter, and if you are running a close foil build, you negate the Fell Breath effect too.

Lif: You deny his follow up attack, so he'll be a red sword initiating on a blue tome, lose the speed check and just do one hit of almost 0 damage. 

Mirabilis: Brunnya laughs at debuffs, with or without NFU. Brunnya thanks her for the free combat boost.

Edited by Vicious Sal

20 hours ago, Rinco said:

Is Null Followup mandatory for her or do you think she could work with another B skill?

My Brunnya build is a bit different and you might find it worth considering due to being generally a lower investment:

brunnya10-5.thumb.jpg.49b4b5aa46809c322ac56cfbb838fb46.jpg

Pretend she has Astra blessing, of course-- I swap them out whenever I don't have a good unit to lead in a given season. Also, Fury 3 works just fine too. Compared to @Vicious Sal's build:

• In Astra season with one Altina, her Atk easily reaches 75 without buffs (a more modest build without dragonflowers or Fury 4 still hits 73) which is enough to one shot many units, especially when Res Smoke kicks in. She can take out Seliphs no problem, due to hitting hard enough to take his HP to 1 in a single hit. Likewise, Lif and most other reds tend to die in a single hit.
  • Fury does hurt her a little against Thrasir, but most teams also have Duma so it's fairly difficult to get around Killing Intent regardless. WoM is much easier to use though, and Brazen seals will kick in very quickly. Having boosted stats helps her absorb chills and shrines, too.
  • Vantage helps against ranged units like Legendary Alm and Kronya, who are too frail to withstand one hit. Brunnya's crazy Res makes Hardy Bearing Ophelias a non-issue, too. Many teams are built around ranged damage, so she can often be positioned to clear out multiple opponents, sometimes even entire teams.
  • Brazen Atk/Def seal helps in case she does have to take a hit. With a Def buff (like Def Tactic) and Naga on the team, she easily reaches above 50 Def, allowing her to take hits from some melees (notably reds) and more Res oriented units like Picnic Flora.

I think something like Lull Atk/Res would be worth considering too, but it's pretty hard to come by and it's pretty rare that she runs into issues that her stats and Vantage can't handle. Either way, I don't think Null Follow-Up is all that great for her when Lif is totally outmatched by her, Duma is often out of reach and an easy target, and it only affects Thrasir's B skill Desperation effect (which Brunnya is usually too fast to worry about).

Sad, I faced Jes, one of the frontpage whales and I mopped the floor with his Ip team. Sadly the recording failed halfway through. 

He had +10 Ninian, +10 Duma, +10 Dark Excalibur Merric with charged ignis and sturdy impact, +10 Kiria and +10 Silvia. 

Brunnya engaged on Duma, killing him and pulse smoked all the carries. After that she killed the carries and Ninian did 7 damage. after that it was easy clean up.

Since we are talking about Brunnya I'd like to share mine as well. She is the queen of Anima defense. Thanks to her and Eliwood I got two consecutive successes with all five foes defeated. I revamped my defense 2 days before and it really works wonders. 

Screenshot_20200620_125403.thumb.jpg.98af8d430b2c56d50d8f460f9242cd33.jpg

Close Call on Brave Ike was a horrible idea. I've lost almost every battle this season and at least partly because of crap like him Close Calling right onto a bolt trap or not being able to survive because Aether couldn't trigger (I had Special Spiral on him before).

Though I also still wish this mode didn't exist and we had better ways to earn divine codes. If we could just get a nicer mode to earn them in, I'd quit this rubbish forever.

23 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Close Call on Brave Ike was a horrible idea. I've lost almost every battle this season and at least partly because of crap like him Close Calling right onto a bolt trap or not being able to survive because Aether couldn't trigger (I had Special Spiral on him before).

Though I also still wish this mode didn't exist and we had better ways to earn divine codes. If we could just get a nicer mode to earn them in, I'd quit this rubbish forever.

I told you already in this topic before that Close call isn’t that great on B!Ike, especially yours since he’s +atk iirc. And that Null follow up would be a lot better for you. 

2 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

I told you already in this topic before that Close call isn’t that great on B!Ike, especially yours since he’s +atk iirc. And that Null follow up would be a lot better for you. 

He's not +Atk... Mine is +Def. And I was recommended Close Call by someone more than once. I think it was XRay?

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

He's not +Atk... Mine is +Def. And I was recommended Close Call by someone more than once. I think it was XRay?

Same difference in that case. Though Null Follow up and Close call/Repel both appreciate the Spd stacking, Close call literally relies on spd stacking to be effective. 

Null follow up denies follow ups from the enemy and follow up prevention for Ike and turns all matches into a speed check. So a spd stacked B!Ike will be able to double but a regular Ike could at least dogde being doubled.

I believe I posted this after you were being recommended Close Call in this topic as well. 

I mean, of you weren’t sure about the skill, why not check the topic before you inherit the skill if you were unsure?

Also, Easy t27 this week, so I am getting a silver throne at least, though I expect a gold one.

I've given my B!Ike Null Follow up and I don't regret a thing. Supported by B!Lucina and Peony, he is really good. The only thing I'll maybe change on him is swap Aether for Noontime to proc a healing special every counter. I'm also using Darting Stance seal, since mine is not +Spd and it works nice.

2 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

Same difference in that case. Though Null Follow up and Close call/Repel both appreciate the Spd stacking, Close call literally relies on spd stacking to be effective. 

Null follow up denies follow ups from the enemy and follow up prevention for Ike and turns all matches into a speed check. So a spd stacked B!Ike will be able to double but a regular Ike could at least dogde being doubled.

I believe I posted this after you were being recommended Close Call in this topic as well. 

I mean, of you weren’t sure about the skill, why not check the topic before you inherit the skill if you were unsure?

True, I did notice that it relies on Spd, which Brave Ike doesn't really have a lot of unless he's +Spd and getting Spd buffs. I prefer to just have him tank shit. Maybe in that regard, I should have made him +Res since his Def is already high, but he still helps a lot with the right skills anyway.

I do know what Null Follow Up does. I just don't have it available right now.

I thought I was sure. My mistake there.

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

True, I did notice that it relies on Spd

Hm... didn't you read the skill description? It says that relies on Spd for the damage reduction.

What you can do is run Phantom Spd, or double Peony. Phandom Spd helps with Close Call, but you may lack QR if you use it on him.

12 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Hm... didn't you read the skill description? It says that relies on Spd for the damage reduction.

What you can do is run Phantom Spd, or double Peony. Phandom Spd helps with Close Call, but you may lack QR if you use it on him.

And probably don’t use it to engage unless you know you will be safe. Close call is more of a ‘end turn at max range’ type of playstyle.

Unless you have pulse smoke, then engaging and ending turn is mostly better.

11 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

And probably don’t use it to engage unless you know you will be safe. Close call is more of a ‘end turn at max range’ type of playstyle.

Unless you have pulse smoke, then engaging and ending turn is mostly better.

yeah

I used Duo Alm quite a lot in AR when he releases, since mine has Close Call... I stopped using him after Bramimond released, and especially when I got Young Marth.

At that time, I wanted Duo Alm to be a merge project, and I was saving for his return in a Double Special. I ended spending his orbs on Young Marth, and now I don't use him that much, so I removed him from my merge project list.

Edited by Diovani Bressan