Fire Emblem: A Sacred Dawn

Mage Knight 404

FEASDScrns9B.png

First actual chapter done, since of course the fans voted for Josh. It's Josh vs. The Schmexy.

Josh and his band moves to Rigwald while Emy has doubts on how to proceed and confides in Ruby for help. Gheb, now self-proclaiming as "The Schmexy," has his whole little problem when his ego begets him. Gal'thax(thats's Lord Glenn's original character, BTW. Say "Hi") is on the side of Grado in hopes of keeping his mountain home safe from them, but Josh or Heather can force him to think otherwise. Gheb is tough, but you should take him.

This is one big node to the Gheb fanbase out there, even though I don't like the fanbase. While I didn't really care for this, I thought it'd be funny to throw this out there and see what the masses think. Aitos, this one's for you, man.

Videos, you ask? You'll have to wait for them later...

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the only way to put gheb in a funny hack

GhebFE would like to have a word with you. :/

And great job MK404. I'm loving the new screens. :drool:

What class is Gal'thax? It looks like a brigand or archer. What does he promote to.

Judging from his critical animation, that's a Brigand, which is IMO a nice and fresh addition.

BTW is it me or you didn't modify the classes of the generals in the very first shot? I don't recall a Wyvern Lord or a Hero since you replaced both Glen and Caellach. The Mage Knight is female as well.

Edited by Dr. Rockzo

Looking great so far!

As for Gheb the schmexiness...I'm kinda scared.

As for Gal'thax's class, if the conversation between someone and him was a recruit enemy convo, then I think he's a fighter with a great unique animation.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm Fado in this ROM hack, soul1112. In the FE7 ROM hack, I'm Hector.

Hoorah, an update.

FEASDScrns5.png

It's Chapter 5. Angela, the little girl, warns Laura of a Grado assault, while Salver and Ryoko, the Cormag character, tell Saar how to do his job. Julie has fond memories and gets to figure out why Zephiel killed Linoan and I. Aran is just there to assist and stuff.

Where Julie tells Laura how she can hold her own, she goes on to preach about never giving up, like the character mentioned in the screen above her.

Man, I love Will and AW: Days of Ruin. :')

Next chapter will be the hardest thing ever... :(

So "Raymond" will be available on the trial map

In terms of a ROM hack, this is probably one of the top developments in terms of Fire Emblem ROM hacks. The sprites and hacking itself was done in such high quality that Ray should later on in his life try to apply as a sprite artist for a gaming company. However, the way the hack is being told feels as if it's going to be appealing sheerly to the people who understand Fire Emblem, and the Fire Emblem hardcore community in general.

Regardless, good job, Mr. Soto.

Xiltas: Sadly, no.

Hyperactive: Thanks. 'Course, anyone playing my ROM hack should have at least some form of FE knowledge, even playing just one FE is fine. It feels awkward to me if someone plays a ROM hack of a game before they play the actual game. =P

Xiltas: Sadly, no.

Hyperactive: Thanks. 'Course, anyone playing my ROM hack should have at least some form of FE knowledge, even playing just one FE is fine. It feels awkward to me if someone plays a ROM hack of a game before they play the actual game. =P

I will be looking forward to your ROM hack.

I suggested this to you on Skype before, but one day...you should work on a completely and totally original story within a ROM hack. If you are able to do this, your praises will be spread across the land.

I will be glad to write the script for you if you are to ever need someone to write a story for you.

I suggested this to you on Skype before, but one day...you should work on a completely and totally original story within a ROM hack. If you are able to do this, your praises will be spread across the land.

That requires custom events, something most people haven't bothered to touch... but IIRC MageKnight is learning how or something, right?

In terms of a ROM hack, this is probably one of the top developments in terms of Fire Emblem ROM hacks. The sprites and hacking itself was done in such high quality that Ray should later on in his life try to apply as a sprite artist for a gaming company.

You said "in terms of" twice... LOL sorry

IMO The game's sprites are what makes it stand out, not the hacking... but that's my opinion... and personally I'd prefer Raymond to stay a freelancer spriter so I can enjoy his sprites like that but I sure would have wished IS had Ray on their graphics team when they first made FE8 XD Maybe FE8 wouldn't be one of the least favorite FE games for so many people XD

After replaying this i noticed a couple of things i missed last time.

Erik, on chapter 6, when he battle begins speaks a minor grammatical error, it should be "...that's the daughter of the boy who was with Eliwood..."

Also a toxin lance is described as "Heather's personal trinket."

I'll let you know if i find something else.

I tried the tower of Valni today..... Not going to do that again.

Edited by Zeldaicflame

After replaying this i noticed a couple of things i missed last time.

Erik, on chapter 6, when he battle begins speaks a minor grammatical error, it should be "...that's the daughter of the boy who was with Eliwood..."

Also a toxin lance is described as "Heather's personal trinket."

I'll let you know if i find something else.

I tried the tower of Valni today..... Not going to do that again.

You can try the tower of valni if you hack. XD