New Event Calendar (March-April 2019)

DarkAlf

We will probably have a rerun of the 2018 Spring  Banner, but I am curious to know if we will have a rerun of the 2017 spring banner too... What IntSys will do with the 2017 Special Heroes now that they start to be 2 years old?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Excited for an Easter TT, we didn't get one last year so this will be our first freebie for that seasonal.  Also hope we get a red egg weapon, Witch Nowi could heal 10 HP per battle with Mystic Boost.  As for old seasonals, they will just keep rerunning the banners I think, all three going at once.  

Edited by Nowi's Husband

18 minutes ago, Nowi's Husband said:

Excited for an Easter TT, we didn't get one last year so this will be our first freebie for that seasonal.  Also hope we get a red egg weapon, Witch Nowi could heal 10 HP per battle with Mystic Boost.  As for old seasonals, they will just keep rerunning the banners I think, all three going at once.  

I seriously hope this is the case since there are some people who still don't have a single unit from those banners and I'm one of those that missed out on it the first go...plus no Springcina for me which is really painful.

37 minutes ago, Nowi's Husband said:

I like how you give all inheritable red tomes to Witch Nowi. This is a lot of dedication for your favorite hero, which is great! I hope we get the Rauðrserpent soon, so your Nowi can have a new toy to play. I am sure we will get a egg weapon this year, but it can be unit exclusive, just like last year.

Having the three banner at the same time can be weird, especially when Summer arrives... the new Summer banner + two banners from 2017 + two banner from 2018 at the same time can be too much banner for few less orbs!

I would much rather have a hanami banner than an Easter one; another batch of bunny suits would be real overkill. 

I wonder what game(s) the characters will be from. Awakening hasn't had anything for many months now, so I could see that being a thing. If it is indeed an Easter banner, Yarne could be a TT unit since no one would actually spend money to get him. 

7 hours ago, Anacybele said:

And I know people don't want more seasonal Fates characters, but I'd totally love a seasonal Silas and/or Kaze. But beyond them, yeah, no more Fates seasonals for awhile, PLEASE. If they have to reuse any characters, use ones who haven't gotten an alt in a long time. Frederick comes to mind. :3

I love this post. It's the textbook example of how IS fools us. "No more Fateswakening alts for a while" is a shared sentiment here, but most of us also think "well... if they choose THAT ONE UNIT, then I guess it's fine" and that's how they make us open up again to the idea, and in our hearts we already accept the next Special Banner with Fates.

Can't exactly blame you, tho.

It's the same thing for me. I say "give the special alts to other games IS!", but in my mind I think "if they finally give an alt to Beruka, it will be worth it to have another banner".

It's a conspiracy! We are caught in their trap!

Anyway the special banner is the rabbits. It's not like IS ever cared about getting the timing right.

4/10 - next new heroes banner. what could this be

1. Next banner to appreciate titles haven't seen in a long time: Thracia?
  2. New furries: Path of Radiance
  3. More Fates: Ew

I hope to see a new heroes banner from a game that didn't have a banner in a while:

• Shadow Dragon/New Mystery of the Emblem: The last banner was in June 2017. The last representation from this games, as new hero, as Hardin... But I still want a new banner from these games.
  • Echoes - Shadows of Valentia: Last Banner was in July 2017. We had 4 Echoes banners that year, so maybe that's why we didn't have a new banner until now. I want the rest of the Deliverance in the game. A new GHB from this game would be cool too, like the Grand Hero Battle - Brigand Boss: Generic Enemy
  • Thracia: The Last banner was in April 2018. This game needs more units, especially since we only have 8 units from that game, and 2 of them are Alts.
  • Sacred Stones: The last banner was in January 2018, at it started the unnecessary Alts in new heroes banners.
  • Path of Radiance: The last banner was September 2017, however we got a RD banner in January... I know they are different games, but they were part of the same universe, just like Shadow Dragon and New Mystery.

If I didn't mention others game it's because their last banner was less than a year ago. Genealogy (Sep 2018), Binding Blade (Mar 2019), Blazing Blade (Jun 2018), Awakening (Jul 2018), Fates (Feb 2019)

8 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Nothing too interesting for but there's a large gap between banners this time 3/19 to 4/10. I wonder if there is something behind that?

That's just how it's been. The first banner of the month typically starts around the 10th, and the second typically starts around the 20th, letting the Legendary/Mythic banner fill in the gap. Excluding the winter holiday banners, which were shifted to better coincide with Christmas and New Year's.

10 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Sacred Stones: The last banner was in January 2018, at it started the unnecessary Alts in new heroes banners.

I'd argue that the RD banner before it started the alt trend since it had Zelgius in his BK armour and not the red one.

On topic, I'm predicting another Fates banner. With Feb's banner not getting demotes it's obvious IS is doubling down on their idea that Fates is the greatest thing they've ever made and everyone feels the same way and we're getting a Garon rerun just before to boot. I'm likely just being super cynical, but eh. That's my prediction and I'm happy to be proven wrong.

12 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I'd argue that the RD banner before it started the alt trend since it had Zelgius in his BK armour and not the red one.

Yeah... that's kinda true. In the January 2018 RD banner we got Zelgius, but tecnicaly Zelgius and Black Knight "can" be considered different characters, so this alt could happen soon or later, while Eirika never was a Mage Knight in her game. I believe, for the Zelgius case, would be better if he has his Begnion Armor instead of being the Black Armor without the helmet...

Edited by Diovani Bressan

25 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

would be better if he has his Begnion Armor instead of being the Black Armor without the helmet...

Which is exactly why I consider him a Black Knight alt. Heck, he even has Warp Powder as an exclusive skill which he only ever used as the Black Knight (IIRC).

1 hour ago, GrandeRampel said:

I love this post. It's the textbook example of how IS fools us. "No more Fateswakening alts for a while" is a shared sentiment here, but most of us also think "well... if they choose THAT ONE UNIT, then I guess it's fine" and that's how they make us open up again to the idea, and in our hearts we already accept the next Special Banner with Fates.

It's the same thing for me. I say "give the special alts to other games IS!", but in my mind I think "if they finally give an alt to Beruka, it will be worth it to have another banner".

Anyway the special banner is the rabbits. It's not like IS ever cared about getting the timing right.

...I'd say I don't care about the Fates characters enough to get my foot in the hole, but Hana's... all right, I guess. I dunno, it's not like I'm ever really on team seasonals.

Possible heroes for the Bond Skills Banner:

• Atk%20Spd%20Bond%203.pngAtk/Spd Bond: Kinshi Hinoka, Adrift F!Corrin, Selkie.
  • Attack-Defense-Bond-3.png Atk/Def Bond: Owain, Adrift M!Corrin.
  • Atk_Res_Bond_3.png Atk/Res Bond: Adrift Camilla.
  • The others Bond Skills are not in the Normal Summoning Pool.

Possible heroes for the Odd Wave Banner:

• Odd%20Atk%20Wave%203.png Odd Atk Wave: Ishtar, Lewyn, Loki.
  • Odd-Spd-Wave-3.png Odd Spd Wave: Laevatein.
  • The others Odd Wave Skills are not in the Normal Summoning Pool.

I would say Adrift Camilla could be in the Bond Skills banner, but her presence in the Mythic Hero is almost guaranteed.

I need to save orbs just in case Laevatein appears in the Odd Wave Banner, but I will probably spend my orbs in the Mythic Hero Banner... because we will have the new Mythic Hero and also Legendary Azura.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

8 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Possible heroes for the Bond Skills Banner:

• Atk%20Spd%20Bond%203.pngAtk/Spd Bond: Kinshi Hinoka, Adrift F!Corrin, Selkie.
  • Attack-Defense-Bond-3.png Atk/Def Bond: Owain, Adrift M!Corrin.
  • Atk_Res_Bond_3.png Atk/Res Bond: Adrift Camilla.
  • The others Bond Skills are not in the Normal Summoning Pool.

Repeating Adrift sans Azura sounds like a no, and Selkie is too recent, so Kinshika, Owain, Admilla. Red, Red, Colorless. I think one can be reasonable about this prediction.

8 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Possible heroes for the Odd Wave Banner:

• Odd%20Atk%20Wave%203.png Odd Atk Wave: Ishtar, Lewyn, Loki.
  • Odd-Spd-Wave-3.png Odd Spd Wave: Laevatein.
  • The others Odd Wave Skills are not in the Normal Summoning Pool.

Laevatein would have to be one of them for skill variety I think, and I'd lean on thinking Loki and only one Genealogy character.

I'm presently playing through Genealogy first time right now, and even with just Elwind Lewyn has been doing well. So if he is on this banner, I might just have to go for him, even though Green Infantry Mages are something I'm not lacking for.

And in both cases, I think IS needs to offer more skills off Seasonal, since that is pretty lacking if two of the other Odd Waves and a whole bunch of Bonds are still not available.

8 hours ago, DarkAlf said:

If I have accounted for all orbs correctly, assuming no changes to Grand Conquests and Tempest Trials and no unannounced events, we will finish this month with 278 orbs, excluding extra orbs from making/maintaining tier 21 in Arena, the lowest total for a month since November 2017 (263 that month).

The lowest Orb count in over a year. I guess IS is trying to relive the magic of the early days in more than one way.

2 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

Yeah, so true!

But...they did care about the timing. They even made sure the holiday heroes were arena bonus units during their respective holiday.

3 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

I mean I personally don’t care if it’s more fates or whatever just no more fates royals that aren’t leo. I mean seriously I don’t mind the alts, I just hate the sheer amount of alts the same 10 characters get. And even then I don’t really see that as much of problem if the alts are spaced out well enough(like not getting three alts in the span of six months for instance)

IS has been doing us dirty lately with the reduction in orbs from the monthly quests and the complete removal of orbs from Tap Battle (unless they've shifted them all to Extra Stages). 

Here's hoping that other modes aren't similarly reduced in orb gain. If they are, I will have to re-evaluate my opinion of the game and reduce my orb purchases accordingly.

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

That's just how it's been. The first banner of the month typically starts around the 10th, and the second typically starts around the 20th, letting the Legendary/Mythic banner fill in the gap. Excluding the winter holiday banners, which were shifted to better coincide with Christmas and New Year's.

Oh that's unfortunate. Here's hoping that something interesting happens this month.

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, so true!

But...they did care about the timing. They even made sure the holiday heroes were arena bonus units during their respective holiday.

Point taken. My rebuttal is that they never cared too much about any pattern they previously made and they broke them all. So there is no reason to think the "caring about holydays' timing" pattern will be different.

Edited by GrandeRampel

Well looks like once I pull Idunn (if I pull her) I can save orbs until the 10th, since I am trying to skip seasonal banners as much as I can.  I am hoping the new mythic doesn't interest me since I don't really want to pull on this legendary/mythic banner since I have most of the units who might be on it.  The spring banners have been my least favorite seasonal banners because the designs are to me meh, so every year I skip that banner.  Now watch as IS puts a blue flying dragon on one of the coming banners so that I will cry because I won't be able to pull them.

11 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

• Path of Radiance: The last banner was September 2017, however we got a RD banner in January... I know they are different games, but they were part of the same universe, just like Shadow Dragon and New Mystery.

Personally, I'd say Tellius is still the continent with the most missing good picks anyway. And now that beasts are finally here, I'm sure we'll get more laguz sometime in the next few months, probably including Lethe and Ranulf.

11 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

I keep going back and forth on this. I feel like it's like... half true. More of an alt than a red armor Zelgius, but less of an alt than the ones that followed.

12 hours ago, Garlyle said:

4/10 - next new heroes banner. what could this be

1. Next banner to appreciate titles haven't seen in a long time: Thracia?
  2. New furries: Path of Radiance
  3. More Fates: Ew

I’d go with more beasts from Radiant Dawn: Ranulf, Lethe, Kyza, and Mordecai/Lyre. Lyre or Mordecai as the TT/GHB reward.