March/April 2019 Special Heroes Arrive! Regal Rabbits!

Anacybele

8 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I seriously wish we got more guys.  The Fire Emblem cast being mostly male overall means there are tons of guys getting left out.

I wish they kept the Easter Whitewings with the same movement type, but now it's going to be hard to keep them on the same team.

nope. 
Est could be infantry and poof. built in whitewing tactics team.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

See, I can partially agree with this, but even then you can't be sure to please everyone. There are people who are tired of bunnies, but at the same time there are people who consiser the bunnies their favorite alts, and they already have to wait a year. Imagine the salt if they waited a year to discover the event was switched up with something else, like that Hindu traditional celebration someone mentioned. Not only do you have to wait another year if the new costumes aren't your thing, but maybe that one character you were really hoping for gets to be on that banner, just not in the costume you wanted, and because of the way it works, they can never get it (example since Valentine Titania exists, we will never get the Valentine Titania dressed like Valentine Lyn someone wanted).

Just imagine the salt. I can imagine myself being disappointed if it happens to Nowi in a month in which she would have gotten to be a bunny if they didn't change things up. Imagine if someone really wanted an Hector in a Santa outfit. Comes December and we get Snowman Hector. Maybe it will be an awesome alt in its own way, but people will feel regret that it could have been Santa Hector. Imagine waiting forever for your waifu to be a bride, and she becomes a bridesmaid instead.

Even worse, let's think of the worst case scenario. A year passes, and we are finally gonna get the final bunny whitewing to complete the trio. Except they decide to switch things up like you suggest, and now Est doesn't match her sisters anymore. A trio 3 years in the making ruined. I think people will call it ruined if they dare to give Est a slightly different costume, like the long eared one, so I don't even know what they'll say if she isn't a bunny at all. Or even worse, because they decided to switch things up for that year Est doesn't appear at all, and gets to be on the banner the year after... 4 years to complete the Whitewing alts.

Of course this is a 1st world problem. Complaining about which alts we get in a world in which Oscar is still missing Boyd and Rolf is a minor complain.

But still, it's food for thought. It isn't as easy to please the fanbase as one may think it is.

First reaction: Seasonals were a mistake.

I think this sort of mindset is what got us the controversial parts of Awakening and Fates in the first place. Everyone has to have their chance so no one gets upset, but then people get upset anyway because their ships don't work (my one Fates ship I stand by isn't allowed by the game's mechanics because it's homoromantic, and the hetero one I've considered might be missing because it's a Hoshido/Nohr pairing).

It's definitely a smaller faction of fans who'll be disappointed in not getting a certain character in a certain, specific costume than the faction of fans who tires of seasonals in general, but IS's priorities could well be focused on said smaller faction.

1 hour ago, GrandeRampel said:

Is that so? Tbh I disagree in putting all the Spring Seasonals as the same, since it's really three different types of costumes. The Playboy costume (Camilla, Lucina, Catria, Palla, Marisa, Kagero), the fabulous costume with bunny hats (Xander, Chrom) and the long eared Hare costume (Alfonse, Sharena, Loki, Veronica, Bruno).

For comparison, the wedding and winter banners have a worse track record with only two types of costumes: The wedding dress (Caeda, Lyn, Charlotte, Cordelia, Tharja, Sanaki, Ninian) and the groom tuxedo (Marth) vs the Santa outfit (Chrom, Lissa, Robin, Tharja, Eirika, Ephraim, Cecilia) and the reindeer costume (Fae).

Hate to nitpick, but pretty sure Tharja is a deer. But Santa's do greatly outnumber the deers(how do they get around with so few?!) and we have no elves. I can think of at least a couple characters that could make interesting elves. But that may destroy the 'this isn't a christmas banner' veil that they have up. . . Though I don't think it is very effective to begin with.

I really love the character selection here. True most of them aren't huge faves of mine, but I like to see some variety. Marissa makes me laugh. She sounds like she is suffering so much. Hmm . . given that I love Catria for the same reason. Oh and Spring Alfonse is cool too. . . do you think maybe I have a problem?

i swear i hate this game so much sometimes. LOL. 
last seasonal - please - all i ask for is something I don't want. 
Flying Healer Sakura. and Flying Dagger Hinoka. 

this time - PLEASE have nothing i want because I need to get Lazura. annnnd

Flying Dagger Palla 
(i like marissa - but i'd legitimately HM farm and kill her for Flier Guidance. when it is her turn on legendary, I'd probably do that several times.. i love air orders on DaggerHInoka and I miss running Flier formation on Elincia). Imma gonna have to try to get her somehow.  (best IVs possible pls, but i'd have to give her a better B skill, because i don't think i'd be running her in AR after her bonus week). 

I love that we're getting Loki as a flying bow. v. exciting. 

3 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

It surprises me how many people seem to not like the Spring Seasonals at all, since I can't understand the reasoning. If they don't like fanservice, the Summer Seasonals and now Hot Spring show even more skin. And Winter!Tharja, Halloween!Dorcas and Bride!Tharja are more fanservicey than the Spring Outfits despite coming from festivities people see as more tame. And I know Playboy did wonders for making the bunny costumes a sexy icon, but in my opinion it did so well, and it was such a long time ago that now the iconic image of the Playboy Costume has gone full circle from being scandalous to becoming a well known and socially accepted part of pop culture. Or maybe I'm the only one that sees it that way.

And if the reason is that people dislike silly things, I can't help but think of the "no fun allowed" meme. Thankfully I know for a fact that for every detractor, there are 10 times more fans who embrace the sillyness and probably will make sure such banners stay profitable enough to continue to exist.

As bethany81707 also said, I also dislike the Summer and Hot Spring banners lol. I have zero interest in seeing my favourites in very little clothing and suggestive poses. Though a big part of the Hot Spings banner was very tasteful really, I don't see Hinoka, Sakura, or Elise on that banner as fanservice at all. Yes they wore towels but they didn't really have suggestive poses going on (thank the lord). Also, the Hot Springs banner was disliked a lot, as was Winter!Tharja so those aren't very good examples of fanservice things that were received well in contrast to this one. The people hating this banner for fanservice reasons, very probably hated those banners for the same reasons too (like me).

Also I only see a few people commenting on the fanservice regarding the banner (except for Loki of course, but even with her I surprisingly see very little complaints). I mostly see people not caring for OCs, thinking Marisa's not interesting because of her kit/movement type, and not being a fan of Palla's art. I haven't seen anyone say 'no fun allowed', this just is not the most interesting selection of characters/skills for most people.

Edited by Mau

On 3/18/2019 at 7:58 AM, GrandeRampel said:

Imagine the salt if they waited a year to discover the event was switched up with something else, like that Hindu traditional celebration someone mentioned.

How would Holi be bad? Look at these images:

Spoiler

Image result for holiImage result for holi

So much color! And they'd be free to be loose on whatever clothing they pick, they could do generically "Indian" garb, or they could do whatevs really.

Sure there is a religious side to it too, one which varies based on one's Hindu sect, but that is irrelevant here. And the "Spring" and "Winter" Seasonals are Easter and Christmas in all but name, yet they strip away the religious side of those those holidays- Tharja didn't chuck plastic Christchilds at people, and Bruno doesn't stab others with crucifixes. Holi has spread beyond India, without any religious significance.

On 3/18/2019 at 9:44 AM, Mau said:

except for Loki of course, but even with her I surprisingly see very little complaints

Probably because it's Loki. One can only eyeroll and make so much chardonnay from a character before becoming desensitized to it all. 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

56 minutes ago, Usana said:

Hate to nitpick, but pretty sure Tharja is a deer. But Santa's do greatly outnumber the deers(how do they get around with so few?!) and we have no elves. I can think of at least a couple characters that could make interesting elves. But that may destroy the 'this isn't a christmas banner' veil that they have up. . . Though I don't think it is very effective to begin with.

Aaand you are right. I will correct my post. I agree about how laughable it is that they pretend Christmas isn't Christmas. I giggle every time I say "Winter" banner.

13 minutes ago, Mau said:

Also I only see a few people commenting on the fanservice regarding the banner (except for obviously Loki of course, but even with her I surprisingly see very little complaints). I mostly see people not caring for OCs, thinking Marisa's not interesting because of her kit/movement type, and not being a fan of Palla's art. I haven't seen anyone say 'no fun allowed', this just is not the most interesting selection of characters/skills for most people.

You must have missed them, to think people don't like the characters they chose, instead of not liking the Easter costumes in general. Before the trailer there were people disappointed about getting bunnies again, and I saw a comment on the main site with 3-13 Archer saying they are the ugliest alts. And I feel I read similar comments in the past. It doesn't have much to do with who is on the banner.

1 hour ago, bethany81707 said:

First reaction: Seasonals were a mistake.

I think this sort of mindset is what got us the controversial parts of Awakening and Fates in the first place. Everyone has to have their chance so no one gets upset, but then people get upset anyway because their ships don't work (my one Fates ship I stand by isn't allowed by the game's mechanics because it's homoromantic, and the hetero one I've considered might be missing because it's a Hoshido/Nohr pairing).

It's definitely a smaller faction of fans who'll be disappointed in not getting a certain character in a certain, specific costume than the faction of fans who tires of seasonals in general, but IS's priorities could well be focused on said smaller faction.

I get what you are saying. There are 60 billion supports in Fates, and you are telling me I can't marry Ryoma and Scarlet? Explain this, IS!

Edited by GrandeRampel

8 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

I get what you are saying. There are 60 billion supports in Fates, and you are telling me I can't marry Ryoma and Scarlet? Explain this, IS!

The fate of being a Corrinsexual is worse than death

34 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And the "Spring" and "Winter" Seasonals are Easter and Christmas in all but name, yet they strip away the religious side of those those holidays- Tharja didn't chuck plastic Christchilds at people, and Bruno doesn't stab others with crucifixes.

It's because Christmas is a completely secular holiday in Japan for the 99% (actual number) of Japanese that aren't Christian, where the vast majority of people identify as non-religious.

Traditional holidays (those not imported from the West) are typically Shinto in origin, and traditions revolving around deaths are Buddhist, but most Japanese do not practice any religion in the same way someone would say that they are Christian, Jewish, or Muslim, for example, and simply identify as non-religious.

33 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

Aaand you are right. I will correct my post. I agree about how laughable it is that they pretend Christmas isn't Christmas. I giggle every time I say "Winter" banner.

It's justified by the fact that the worlds of Fire Emblem would not share the same holidays by name as our world. Even the two seasonal banners that use the real-world name of the holiday as the banners' internal names (Valentine's and Halloween) aren't referred to by their real-world name in-universe.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Palla's dagger is pretty crazy looking, I'm just glad there's only 2 fast Red Daggers total that can take full advantage of it, and both are seasonal. They've really been hammering in the anti-Surtr tech lately, what with Tibarn, Idunn, and now this.
For real though, Svalinn Shield Sacred Seal when IS

While I could always use another 5* staff unit for the sake of building up more teams for marathon battles, I’m gonna pass on this banner since nothing jumps out at me as being particularly must-have. Lucky me, I get to keep stockpiling orbs. The game hasn’t let me do that at all from when I got back in for the Tellius Laguz banner until the recent Binding Blade banner.

2 hours ago, Azuni said:

Palla's dagger is pretty crazy looking, I'm just glad there's only 2 fast Red Daggers total that can take full advantage of it, and both are seasonal. They've really been hammering in the anti-Surtr tech lately, what with Tibarn, Idunn, and now this.
For real though, Svalinn Shield Sacred Seal when IS

Note that any dagger user can inherit Palla's dagger. Its effect only works for colored dagger users, but you could pass it to a green or blue one.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

Note that any dagger user can inherit Palla's dagger. Its effect only works for colored dagger users, but you could pass it to a green or blue one.

I'm aware of that, I only mentioned Red ones due to it being the only threatening color to Surtr, who is one of my staple tanks for AR.

Knowing me, I'll probably pull for Bruno but if his stat allocation is underwhelming then I might be able to convince myself to not save orbs but I don't see them doing that.

Edited by Flying Shogi

I just double checked something Bruno is only our 4th male healer, which is kind of sad.  He will probably be our only male cav healer there are no cannon ones that I know of, (unless they make Leif a legendary one).   Anyway, yeah I will pull some for him.

1 minute ago, EricaofRenais said:

I just double checked something Bruno is only our 4th male healer, which is kind of sad.  He will probably be our only male cav healer there are no cannon ones that I know of, (unless they make Leif a legendary one).   Anyway, yeah I will pull some for him.

Forrest and Dwyer from Fates are both cav healers in canon.

37 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

Forrest and Dwyer from Fates are both cav healers in canon.

Oh yeah, I tend to forget the Fates kids since I never really used them.  I probably should next time I play Fates.  

59 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

IS, where's Rhys? :P