• Julius: Scion of Darkness
    • Duma: God of Strength
    • Idunn: Dark Priestess
    • Hardin: Dark Emperor
    • Garon: King of Nohr
    • Robin: Fell Reincarnation
    • Surtr: Ruler of Flame

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/07/2019 at 03:58 PM

1 hour ago, Zangetsu said:

Even though Grima won, I can't believe the massive surge in popularity for Idunn.

Amazing what Heroes can do for a character's popularity.

I voted for Idunn due to the waifu factor. I cannot speak for everyone on my team, but I assume that is the case for a lot of players.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, daisy jane said:

i started playing seriously in September, so i have a lot of seals, but there are some i had to do strictly for arena, and some for the teams i run. still haven't done a lot of other ones that i think are important. I'm hoping as i get better in AA i can get more coins there.

However, i wouldn't ever willingly give up resources, based on not liking a character or other previous winners, I think that's an absurd reason to give up things to help me progress in game but that's just me.

I wholeheartedly agree with this.

Also yay team Grima!  We need that meme now!

2 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

Even though Grima won, I can't believe the massive surge in popularity for Idunn.

Amazing what Heroes can do for a character's popularity.

I went with Idunn because she's a character I genuinely like.

Hardin and Duma I'm indifferent to and I dislike the rest of the characters so I'm at least glad she made it to the end so I didn't have to jump ship.

Edited by Hekselka

14 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I want to thank you guys for participating in this VG's topic, and I want to congratulate Grima's Army for the victory.

Also, thanks @DarkAlf for the predictor. I really enjoyed it!

I am looking forwards to the next VG.  I think it'll be a lot of fun to see how this new system pans out.

2 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I am looking forwards to the next VG.  I think it'll be a lot of fun to see how this new system pans out.

Yes. I had much more enjoyment in this VG than in the others ones, because I didn't have to play it each 30 minutes. I believe i only did 3 or 4 battles in the 2nd day of each round.

1 minute ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Yes. I had much more enjoyment in this VG than in the others ones, because I didn't have to play it each 30 minutes. I believe i only did 3 or 4 battles in the 2nd day of each round.

I think that's what made it so much better.  And being able to actually sleep was nice XD

8 hours ago, DarkAlf said:

Male Grima wins!  Top 1K overall and just barely missed top 10K for my army in the final round.

For those of you who used my predictor - what did you think of it?  I welcome all feedback and constructive criticism.

It appears both sides get an endurance multiplier if the margin is less than 1%, other than the very first hour.  I assume this is to get us out of same hell faster.  The predictor you folks have access to account for this yet, which threw some of the predictions towards the end of the final round significantly off.  There is also apparently no "afterglow", i.e. increased votes after a disadvantage multiplier, unlike with the old system, so I'll have to eliminate that.  I have been working on a newer version privately that does account the endurance multiplier when it's same hell, and it seems to run a lot better and give better predictions.  A lot of work will need to be done to hopefully get the predictions within 10% of the actual value.

Thank you again @Diovani Bressan for sharing the link to the predictor, and I look forward to the next VG, when I hope it will work a bit better!

The predictor was very nice.  It seemed to overestimate Idunn's last hour votes, but since this was our first Gauntlet under this system, we didn't have much to go by for an estimate.

15 hours ago, XRay said:

I voted for Idunn due to the waifu factor. I cannot speak for everyone on my team, but I assume that is the case for a lot of players.

I mean I guess. It takes a lot for me to consider someone to be a waifu level

14 hours ago, Hekselka said:

I went with Idunn because she's a character I genuinely like.

Besides her design, what else is so appealing about her?

12 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I want to thank you guys for participating in this VG's topic, and I want to congratulate Grima's Army for the victory.

Also, thanks @DarkAlf for the predictor. I really enjoyed it!

I wouldn't mind if we have lost since it feels like the last hour was the real deciding factor.

19 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Besides her design, what else is so appealing about her?

I can answer this, but at the cost of some massive Binding Blade spoilers. Do you mind?

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I can answer this, but at the cost of some massive Binding Blade spoilers. Do you mind?

I already beated Binding Blade years ago without the translation and I looked up the translations years later.

Does her interest involve how she's a victim of  the Scouring?

21 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

I already beated Binding Blade years ago without the translation and I looked up the translations years later.

Reveal hidden contents

Somewhat.

Spoiler

Idunn is the embodiment of circumstance.  Bad Things happened to her, and as a result, she became a vessel for evil.  In the true ending, Roy saved her, in the hopes that her heart could be mended.  At the very end, we see that Roy's efforts weren't entirely in vain.  Roy probably won't see her fully healed in his lifetime, but maybe his great-grandkids might.

In other words, she got her second chance, along with a super-cute scene with Fae.

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I can't not imagine Idunn getting headpats from Fae.

I thought Fae gives hugs not head pats

7 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Somewhat.

Reveal hidden contents

Idunn is the embodiment of circumstance.  Bad Things happened to her, and as a result, she became a vessel for evil.  In the true ending, Roy saved her, in the hopes that her heart could be mended.  At the very end, we see that Roy's efforts weren't entirely in vain.  Roy probably won't see her fully healed in his lifetime, but maybe his great-grandkids might.

In other words, she got her second chance, along with a super-cute scene with Fae.

How does that not make her a victim of said war?

& I never got that ending

22 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

I thought Fae gives hugs not head pats

Did your game end at the fight against Zephiel or did you get the two extra chapters where in the end you fight Idunn?

FE6 actually has three endings (Two bads and one true).

42 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

If you're confused about Idunn, it might be worth it to play it out to the true ending.

Spoiler

Get all of the legendary weapons via their side chapters, then have Roy land the finishing blow on Idunn.

4 hours ago, Jave said:

Did your game end at the fight against Zephiel or did you get the two extra chapters where in the end you fight Idunn?

FE6 actually has three endings (Two bads and one true).

Well since everything was in Japanese, yea I got the bad ending.

4 hours ago, eclipse said:

If you're confused about Idunn, it might be worth it to play it out to the true ending.

Reveal hidden contents

Get all of the legendary weapons via their side chapters, then have Roy land the finishing blow on Idunn.

It was over a decade ago so I can't really recall, but I could've sworn I had all the legendary weapons,

Again, I already looked up Idunn years after I beated Binding Blade

I'm not so much confuse as so much I'm wondering what her appeal is.

Which apparently it has to do with that her tragic backstory & how the game ended with Fae.