Alastor plays and ranks the whole series! Mission Complete! ...For now.

Alastor15243

21 minutes ago, Samz707 said:

Doom hardly had a story.

Duke Nukem 3D's story is just "Save the babes by stopping those alien freaks!" there's not  really a greater theme, it's just there to kill dudes.

Fire Emblem Heroes (at least in book 1 which I'm at) also basically has a small excuse plot for why you're beating up characters from the games, to the point where the game basically intentionally avoids dwelling on anything. (like the fact our heroes technically still die or how everyone is very sorta chill with the fact they're being forced to fight.)

A story can carry themes but not every story is a "Story".

I’m not saying these “themes” or ideas need to be particularly complex, deep, or meaningful. Sometimes you just wanna make a game with the idea of making the player feel like a badass mercenary who just strolls into hell and starts killing demons because why not? There’s still an idea being conveyed all be it a simple one. It doesn’t try to be any more than what it is so it’s like can I really call it bad? Like for as simpl of an idea as it is. It’s still conveying an idea.

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

53 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

I would disagree with this simply because themes are pretty much the sole reason why stories are made to begin with. Art is a form of expression and storytelling is no different in that regard. The only reason art exists at all is to present ideas and emotions in order to express one’s views on reality. This is true of any art form. Themes are simply a story’s way of expressing those ideas. Everything in a story is in service to those themes. Again this is true of any art form. Look at any painting, drawing, music piece, etc. when you break these things down you’ll notice that every little aspect of it is in service to a specific goal. For example, slow piano pieces might sound somber and hit at more sad emotions. Where as a fast electric guitar is gonna feed more energetic and upbeat. In both cases that’s very much point. The music is supposed to make you feel a certain way as you listen to it. Storytelling no matter what the medium is no different. The writers want you to take something away from their story and every aspect of that should be in line with that message. It’s why we’re able to make these thematic connections and draw these conclusions. Art exists to allow artists to express themselves and their ideas. That’s only reason art exists at all so deny those things as a core part of the experience is to deny why art exists in the first place.  

A lot of people play Fire Emblem for a good story, Awakening shouldn't be immune to criticism.

8 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

A lot of people play Fire Emblem for a good story, Awakening shouldn't be immune to criticism.

That’s not what I said though. I said you shouldn’t ignore the themes when you do criticize the story which is exactly what everyone does

as alastor basically said though what purpose do themes serve if the art doesn't appeal to me? art is subjective. awakening's writing is stupid, therefore its themes mean not very much to me at all. the end.

Edited by Axie

1 hour ago, Ottservia said:

That’s not what I said though. I said you shouldn’t ignore the themes when you do criticize the story which is exactly what everyone does

1. No we don't.
2. Please stop hijacking the discussion.  We're allowed to not like things that you do like, for whatever reasons.  We don't need your approval.

4 hours ago, Ottservia said:

The issues isn't whether or not the themes or the plot is "good". As far as all video games go Awakening has a perfectly passable plot since most video games have barebones horrid plots that serve little beyond serving as justification for why your violence is OK besides the obvious answer of "it's a game that's the point"

The issue is we went from the detailed and political soap opera from the telius games which have their own plot issues but have just so much more "plot" to awakening which went back to basically SNES levels of plot but with the feeling of a Saturday morning cartoon more than Fire Emblem. It's fine if you like that more but it's jarring to long time fans expecting one thing and getting something else. Which is the main reason why Awakening is disliked among some older fans. 

3 hours ago, eclipse said:

1. No we don't.
2. Please stop hijacking the discussion.  We're allowed to not like things that you do like, for whatever reasons.  We don't need your approval.

1. Yes, people do I’ve seen it.

2. That’s fine but don’t act like something is bad simply because you don’t like it. That’s the issue I’m having here. I don’t care much for PoR myself but I’m not gonna say it’s bad simply because I don’t like it. There’s a difference between personal preference and criticism. If people are going to speak from a place of authority then I politely ask that they learn that difference.

3 hours ago, Axie said:

as alastor basically said though what purpose do themes serve if the art doesn't appeal to me? art is subjective. awakening's writing is stupid, therefore its themes mean not very much to me at all. the end.

I mean if you don’t like it fair enough. If you don’t like it then you don’t like it. I’m not gonna say you have to like awakening. That’s fine we all have our own personal tastes. I’m just saying you should separate personal taste from actual objective criticism. Again, if you’re gonna speak from a place of authority then your criticisms should be fair. If you’re going to make unfair criticisms then I’m going to call you out for it. I never once said you’re not allowed to dislike anything. What I am saying though is that I feel like you’re ignoring the themes and ideas the story is trying to explore in order to levy unfair criticisms towards it. 

1 hour ago, Ottservia said:

2. That’s fine but don’t act like something is bad simply because you don’t like it. That’s the issue I’m having here. I don’t care much for PoR myself but I’m not gonna say it’s bad simply because I don’t like it. There’s a difference between personal preference and criticism. If people are going to speak from a place of authority then I politely ask that they learn that difference.

You are free to NOT read the topic.  And since being diplomatic wasn't working. . .

Stop.  It.  You're not bringing anything healthy to this discussion.  If I get any more complaints about your behavior, it will be in the form of a warning.  Do I make myself clear?

1 hour ago, scigeek101 said:

The issue is we went from the detailed and political soap opera from the telius games which have their own plot issues but have just so much more "plot" to awakening which went back to basically SNES levels of plot but with the feeling of a Saturday morning cartoon more than Fire Emblem. It's fine if you like that more but it's jarring to long time fans expecting one thing and getting something else. Which is the main reason why Awakening is disliked among some older fans. 

?

Genealogy and Thracia 776 have quite strong plots and world-building to their names, though. I'd say better than some of the games that followed, like Sacred Stones and Awakening.

Anyone, I'm not super-bothered by Awakening's plot. It's more so that the gameplay heavily favors grinding and low-manning, is completely unbalanced in terms of pair-up, and leaves a lot of battle factors (skill activations, dual guard) up to chance.

38 minutes ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

?

Genealogy and Thracia 776 have quite strong plots and world-building to their names, though. I'd say better than some of the games that followed, like Sacred Stones and Awakening.

Anyone, I'm not super-bothered by Awakening's plot. It's more so that the gameplay heavily favors grinding and low-manning, is completely unbalanced in terms of pair-up, and leaves a lot of battle factors (skill activations, dual guard) up to chance.

Definitely, I'm just saying that there's just less text in Awakening in General. Gives them less time to focus on world building. 

Awakening chose to focus most of it's writing on supports I think. The main plot feels very basic like a bad shonen plot. Compare to say Shadow Dragon which is also quite concise but I felt managed to have a more satisfying story overall although they don't develop many of the supporting characters much. 

At the end of the day I enjoyed Awakening in a lot of ways. It's really fun to customize your army and build them how you want. But it's definitely lacking a lot of what made me love the Tellius games. 

I'm much more likely to replay Awakening than the Tellius games though. The lack of story with freedom to approach the game from a bunch of different angles definitely makes it interesting to replay. Your criticisms are spot on though I also dislike how pair up doesn't really mesh well with normal fire emblem mechanics and the RNG is annoying on the higher difficulties. 

8 hours ago, Samz707 said:

The power of friendship! the best completecopout plot device ever.,

I think it can work, but that's in stuff like FE7,where it's A: not beaten over your head with a Devil Axe and B: the "power" is just good ol' teamwork rather than plot-contrivance, AKA the "power" is good ol' working together and trusting in each other.

Meanwhile Awakening has a copout plan that Robin told literally no one else before hand aside from Basillo I think and requires us to not know what our POV character, who is used to self-insert as us (Quite literally a back on the box thing if I remember) is up to. 

Seriously did Alternative Universe Robin not care about Chrom and the others enough? Did they actually use the Fire Emblem to summon Grima that time? 

WAIT

You kill Validar and Grima saves him, did Validar just not die in the first timeline? I have many questions.

Bpresumably now, given you first kill validar in the chapter where youre defending Emmeryn, and we know in the original timeline that assassination attempt was successful with Emmeryn dying and Chrom getting injured. So Validar was probably a living and very happy boy in that timeline. When exactly Validar and Aversa do die in the original timone is an open question though, and I one of the reason I would have liked Future Past to have more than three disconnected chapters (disconnected in terms of gameplay I mean, it was better off being an Ashen Wolves style DLC).

9 hours ago, Alastor15243 said:

...Unless the power of friendship saves her.

No, for those of you who are just reading this without playing the game, I am not joking. She actually says that maybe the bonds she's forged with the people of this world will tether her there even after Grima's death.

I don't get why people have a problem with Robin surviving thanks to the "invisible ties". Final Fantasy VI plays this straight at its ending and it has one of the greatest stories ever made.

9 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

If Alartor's insight here holds, I would say that she is following her heart before trying to save the world by trying to kill Robin to begin with.

Saving Chrom is saving the world. As guys already noted, the awakening ritual also blood-bonded the First Exalt and his lineage with holy blood, and the Exalted Falchion basically became analogous to the holy weapons. The Brand of the Exalt is none other than the Brand of Naga, present in the descendants of Saint Heim, and now is the proof that the person who has it can wield the EF. Chrom is the last person in the world who has it, and losing him means losing the only means to effectively deal with Grima. Technically, Future Lucina can take his place if he died and perform the ritual, but that would means more problems for Ylisse in the future, as the Halidom would lose its leader and the continent would be left without a leadership to look up in the post war. And there's also the other problem with Lucina: she doesn't think she belongs to this world. After arriving in the past world she with worries of potential harm to the "correct denizens" of the world and hides herself, stepping in only from the shadows to give aid when absolutely necessary. That's why Lucina agrees to wear a mask, thinking that her brand could create trouble for her father in the world of the past. And that's why she simply disappears from the world in her unpaired ending.

8 hours ago, Ottservia said:

I would disagree with this simply because themes are pretty much the sole reason why stories are made to begin with. Art is a form of expression and storytelling is no different in that regard. The only reason art exists at all is to present ideas and emotions in order to express one’s views on reality. This is true of any art form. Themes are simply a story’s way of expressing those ideas. Everything in a story is in service to those themes. Again this is true of any art form. Look at any painting, drawing, music piece, etc. when you break these things down you’ll notice that every little aspect of it is in service to a specific goal. For example, slow piano pieces might sound somber and hit at more sad emotions. Where as a fast electric guitar is gonna feed more energetic and upbeat. In both cases that’s very much point. The music is supposed to make you feel a certain way as you listen to it. Storytelling no matter what the medium is no different. The writers want you to take something away from their story and every aspect of that should be in line with that message. It’s why we’re able to make these thematic connections and draw these conclusions. Art exists to allow artists to express themselves and their ideas. That’s only reason art exists at all so deny those things as a core part of the experience is to deny why art exists in the first place.  

This is beautiful, and pretty much spot on.

9 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Bpresumably now, given you first kill validar in the chapter where youre defending Emmeryn, and we know in the original timeline that assassination attempt was successful with Emmeryn dying and Chrom getting injured. So Validar was probably a living and very happy boy in that timeline. When exactly Validar and Aversa do die in the original timone is an open question though, and I one of the reason I would have liked Future Past to have more than three disconnected chapters (disconnected in terms of gameplay I mean, it was better off being an Ashen Wolves style DLC).

I would presume Validar died at the Dragon's table after luring Robin there to complete the ritual, Aversa was probably killed by Grima.

9 hours ago, Samz707 said:

Seriously did Alternative Universe Robin not care about Chrom and the others enough? Did they actually use the Fire Emblem to summon Grima that time? 

WAIT

You kill Validar and Grima saves him, did Validar just not die in the first timeline? I have many questions.

I didn't see this, but later DLC 

Spoiler

implies Alternate timeline Robin was possessed against their will. Actually its implied Validar's plan was to lure Robin to the table so they could be possessed to do the ritual.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

3 hours ago, Ottservia said:

I mean if you don’t like it fair enough. If you don’t like it then you don’t like it. I’m not gonna say you have to like awakening. That’s fine we all have our own personal tastes. I’m just saying you should separate personal taste from actual objective criticism. Again, if you’re gonna speak from a place of authority then your criticisms should be fair. If you’re going to make unfair criticisms then I’m going to call you out for it. I never once said you’re not allowed to dislike anything. What I am saying though is that I feel like you’re ignoring the themes and ideas the story is trying to explore in order to levy unfair criticisms towards it. 

No one here, really no one, has said Awakening is bad because they don't like it. In fact when we started the Awakening section most people said they were relatively neutral to it. The criticisms that people are bringing forward are valid and your are dismissing them because you like Awakening and it's giving you a bias point of view. That was Alastor's point before. Games are not just stories, they have an entertainment value and how much you enjoy that entertainment value will influence your perception of its quality as a written work too.

3 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

I would presume Validar died at the Dragon's table after luring Robin there to complete the ritual, Aversa was probably killed by Grima.

I didn't see this, but later DLC 

Hide contents

implies Alternate Universe was possessed against their will. Actually its implied Validar's plan was to lure Robin to the table so they could be possessed to do the ritual.

In the original timeline you have Robin killing Chrom and turning on everyone mid battle while Grima starts waking up. Maybe Lissa and the others still managed to band together and kill Validar without any leadership, but seems a bit unlikely. Also don't know why Grima would kill Aversa, he let her continue working for him up until the second last chapter of the game.

Edited by Jotari

6 minutes ago, Jotari said:

In the original timeline you have Robin killing Chrom and turning on everyone mid battle while Grima starts waking up. Maybe Lissa and the others still managed to band together and kill Validar without any leadership, but seems a bit unlikely. Also don't know why Grima would kill Aversa, he let her continue working for him up until the second last chapter of the game.

Maybe Validar died from his Chrom inflicted wounds or your theory happened? Alternatively he got the death by Grima he wanted. Oddly enough the Artbook implied Validar can't actually complete the weird resurrection ritual and his plan was to get Robin to come.

Grima seems to intend to kill all his followers and they know it as far as the game shows, which raises the question why the Grimleal work for Grima anyway.

As for Aversa, 

Spoiler

later material reveals she was never one of the Grimleal and was just a magic'd puppet, so killing her once her usefulness ended would in the cult's best interests.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

2 hours ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Maybe Validar died from his Chrom inflicted wounds or your theory happened? Alternatively he got the death by Grima he wanted. Oddly enough the Artbook implied Validar can't actually complete the weird resurrection ritual and his plan was to get Robin to come.

Grima seems to intend to kill all his followers and they know it as far as the game shows, which raises the question why the Grimleal work for Grima anyway.

As for Aversa, 

Hide contents

later material reveals she was never one of the Grimleal and was just a magic'd puppet, so killing her once her usefulness ended would in the cult's best interests.

Spoiler

Validar doesn't seem to be any worse for wear after you best him in the first time in that chapter, and he even retains the menacing laugh in the Premonition. So I think the game is doing all it can to suggest the opposite there.

And as far as Aversa goes it seems all the grimleal except Validar are being puppeted somewhat. And we still have the issue that he does continue to let her work for him even after Validar is killed in the game's timeline. The most likely explanation is that they did continue to work for Grima and were just killed in some subsequent battle with the remnants of Chrom's forces. We do have some supports that reference how parent characters died that suggest further battles were ongoing.

Edited by Jotari

Validar doesn't seem to be any worse for wear after you best him in the first time in that chapter, and he even retains the menacing laugh in the Premonition. So I think the game is doing all it can to suggest the opposite there.

Fair enough here.

And as far as Aversa goes it seems all the grimleal except Validar are being puppeted somewhat. And we still have the issue that he does continue to let her work for him even after Validar is killed in the game's timeline. The most likely explanation is that they did continue to work for Grima and were just killed in some subsequent battle with the remnants of Chrom's forces. We do have some supports that reference how parent characters died that suggest further battles were ongoing.

Nay, only

Spoiler

Aversa was kidnapped and put under magical control and its implied fighting the shepherds was something brainwashed Aversa did on her own. After Grima's victory, it'd be common sense to dispose of a unstable mindcontrolled ally who is liable to turn on them, even without his tendency to kill all his followers anyhow.

Remember to spoiler, the spotpass retcons info.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

@Alastor15243

This is totally off topic, but I did a comparison of the first chapter of Days of Ruin and Dark Conflict using my DS copy of DoR and an LP of DC.

Reading line by line, at first the Days of Ruin's script seemed a bit messier and wordier. Not every line is different, but they went so far as to add a "sir," into "Yes, sir, Captain". There were a few slightly more than semantics changes, O'Brian speaks to Drakov about the "pride" of a soldier, Brenner speaks to The Beast about the "duty" of a soldier. DoR's localization's increased verbosity comes off as more emotional, more personalized than DC's.

Compare:

Drakov: "We rob, we kill - we live as we want! Har-har-har!" [Note that The Beast uses "Gwar har har!" with no hyphens.]

The Beast: "This is our time, and there is no law! We rob! We kill! We're kings!

However, compare O'Brian's and Brenner's responses to Drakov/The Beast asking if they're going to try stopping him.:

O'Brian: "You attack the weak, steal their possessions, take their lives... and all you can do is laugh?! You disgust me! Where's your pride? Your pride as soldiers... And your pride as human beings..."

Brenner: "That's right. Your days of preying on survivors are over. We're going to put you down like the rabid dogs you are. You may have forgotten your duty, but we have not."

DC has more words here, and O'Brian gets more "philosophical". Nonetheless, DoR sounds more "natural", Brenner doesn't sound like he's reading from a script the way O'Brian's somewhat-stilted assertions are.

Similarly, when O'Brian/Brenner tells Lin to move out:

DC Lin: "Preparing to begin the assault on the enemy's forces."

DoR Lin: "Yes, sir."

DC Lin has the longer line, but is that something a human or an android says? DoR Lin isn't saying a gushing quip, but if you gave her a voice actress, would you envision it as being in a more human tone than the same VA with the DC line?

Also, it's "Briefing Room" in DC vs. "war room" in DoR. DC Lin says "Now, let's get down to business", while DoR Lin uses the antiquated expression "Now, let's get down to brass tacks" and Will takes one additional dialogue box in the chatter with Lin before this compared to Ed.

When Lin ends her first box of orange-colored advice text to Ed, she has in white the words "That is all". When Lin ends the her first orange-colored text to Will, she has in white "That's all". A contraction, that tiny a difference, use of contractions IIRC indicates a more casual tone, and more casual is more personal and thus human, outside of formal situations and people who like being formal all the time.

Battle over, The Beast calls his lackeys "roaches" and Brenner's group "Stinkin' soldiers", Drakov says neither of these things. The victory line on the screen where your rank for the battle is displayed on the topic screen is almost exactly the same for O'Brian and Brenner "This will teach them (not) to prey on the..."

• ...innocent! -O'Brian.
  • ...survivors. -Brenner.

Similarly, DC Lin referred to Drakov's group earlier as "bandits", DoR Lin' says "raiders". Bandits is accurate, but "raider" I suppose is better for a modern post-apocalyptic setting, like "innocent", "bandit" is generic and not as snugly fitting into the context of the game.

This said, Stolos is a superior name to Caulder, if less natural, Dark Conflict got something better for sure.

Also, Ed says he survived for as long as he did after the meteors struck because he hid in a food storage room in the kitchen. Will says he was buried in the mess hall. Ed says "he finally ventured outside" while Will says he's been digging himself out for... I don't know." Score another for DC for the better explanation? ...Although, Ed still says he hasn't eaten in so long -how if he has been hiding in a food storage room in the kitchen? Also O'Brian never names the rations he gives Ed, but Brenner tells Will it's canned bread.

Oh, and Chapter 1 is called Days of Ruin in Days of Ruin. In Dark Conflict it's Dark Conflict Destroyed World!?! Okay, DC does make more sense for the chapter I think actually, but naming the first chapter after the subtitle has a certain... jenais(?) se qua? DC's title screen opening about the meteors in its favor though, DoR says "The devastation was total", DC provides the infinitely more informative "90% of mankind is gone".

I will stop right here, because again, supremely off topic, but the first chapter alone and so many differences! I think I'll check out more of the same via two LPs later, I won't post about it here obviously, if at all. I wanted to get this out of my system and you seemed interested.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

@Alastor15243

This is totally off topic, but I did a comparison of the first chapter of Days of Ruin and Dark Conflict using my DS copy of DoR and an LP of DC.

Reading line by line, at first the Days of Ruin's script seemed a bit messier and wordier. Not every line is different, but they went so far as to add a "sir," into "Yes, sir, Captain". There were a few slightly more than semantics changes, O'Brian speaks to Drakov about the "pride" of a soldier, Brenner speaks to The Beast about the "duty" of a soldier. DoR's localization's increased verbosity comes off as more emotional, more personalized than DC's.

Compare:

Drakov: "We rob, we kill - we live as we want! Har-har-har!" [Note that The Beast uses "Gwar har har!" with no hyphens.]

The Beast: "This is our time, and there is no law! We rob! We kill! We're kings!

However, compare O'Brian's and Brenner's responses to Drakov/The Beast asking they're going to try stopping him.:

O'Brian: "You attack the weak, steal their possessions, take their lives... and all you can do is laugh?! You disgust me! Where's your pride? Your pride as soldiers... And your pride as human beings..."

Brenner: "That's right. Your days of preying on survivors are over. We're going to put you down like the rabid dogs you are. You may have forgotten your duty, but we have not."

DC has more words here, and O'Brian gets more "philosophical". Nonetheless, DoR sounds more "natural", Brenner doesn't sound like he's reading from a script the way O'Brian's somewhat-stilted assertions are.

Similarly, when O'Brian/Brenner tells Lin to move out:

DC Lin: "Preparing to begin the assault on the enemy's forces."

DoR Lin: "Yes, sir."

DC Lin has the longer line, but is that something a human or an android says. DoR Lin isn't saying a gushing quip, but if you gave her a voice actress, would you envision it as being in a more human tone than the same VA with the DC line?

Also, it's "Briefing Room" in DC vs. "war room" in DoR. DC Lin says "Now, let's get down to business", while DoR Lin uses the antiquated expression "Now, let's get down to brass tacks" and Will takes one additional dialogue box in the chatter with Lin before this compared to Ed.

When Lin ends her first box of orange-colored advice text to Ed, she has in white the words "That is all". When Lin ends the her first orange-colored text to Will, she has in white "That's all". A contraction, that tiny a difference, use of contractions IIRC indicates a more casual tone, and more casual is more personal and thus human, outside of formal situations and people who like being formal all the time.

Battle over, The Beast calls his lackeys "roaches" and Brenner's group "Stinkin' soldiers", Drakov says neither of these things. The victory line on the screen where your rank for the battle is displayed on the topic screen is almost exactly the same for O'Brian and Brenner "This will teach them (not) to prey on the..."

• ...innocent! -O'Brian.
  • ...survivors. -Brenner.

Similarly, DC Lin referred to Drakov's group earlier as "bandits", DoR Lin' says "raiders". Bandits is accurate, but "raider" I suppose is better for a modern post-apocalyptic setting, like "innocent", "bandit" is generic and not so fitting into the context of the game.

This said, Stolos is a superior name to Caulder, if less natural, Dark Conflict got something better for sure.

Also, Ed says he survived for as long as he did after the meteors struck because he hid in a food storage room in the kitchen. Will says he was buried in the mess hall. Ed says "he finally ventured outside" while Will says he's been digging himself out for... I don't know." Score another for DC for the better explanation? Although, Ed still says he hasn't eaten in so long- how if he's been hiding in a food storage room in the kitchen. Also O'Brian never names the rations he gives Ed, but Brenner tells Will it's canned bread.

Oh, and Chapter 1 is called Days of Ruin in Days of Ruin. In Dark Conflict it's Dark Conflict Destroyed World!?! Okay, DC does make more sense for the chapter I think actually, but naming the first chapter after the plot has a certain... jenais(?) se qua? DC's title screen opening about the meteors in its favor though, DoR says "The devastation was total", DC provides the infinitely more informative "90% of mankind is gone".

I will stop right here, because again, supremely off topic, but the first chapter alone and so many differences! But I think I'll check out more of the same via two LPs later. I wanted to get this out of my system and you seemed interested.

Yeah, I managed to find a playthrough the other day and definitely preferred the NA localization for a lot of the reasons you mentioned. I also kinda rolled my eyes when O'Brien basically said "where's your pride?" twice in quick succession.

4 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

Yeah, I managed to find a playthrough the other day and definitely preferred the NA localization for a lot of the reasons you mentioned. I also kinda rolled my eyes when O'Brien basically said "where's your pride?" twice in quick succession.

Anyone notice the Beast looks like Hyman/Reynard?

18 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

Agreed. I was like "didn't you just say this?".😒 Makes it appear as though he is talking to a wall, totally deaf as to whom he is speaking to and what they told him literally seconds ago. Unnatural.

14 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Anyone notice the Beast looks like Hyman/Reynard?

Good point! I get it now. When you die in AW, you end up reborn in Fire Emblem, and vice versa. The Beast died and became Hyman, the same way Ninian died and became Isabella, while Tabitha went MIA and became Peri. 

7 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Psst, the PM system exists for things like this~!

Sorry, will do that the very next time most benevolently warning and rightfully rules-enforcing mod!🙇‍♀️

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 hour ago, Alastor15243 said:

Speaking of on-topic, reminder that I still need suggestions for what to do tomorrow!

Okay for Spotpass, I think you should do Whalhart, Gangrel and Aversa (though not necessarily in that order).

Spoiler

Priam, Yen'Fay and Emmeryn are no major loss, though if we're looking for rage there's plenty to be found with Emmeryn's death being retconned and the potential for Robin to hook up with someone who's suffering from brain damage. Ranting aside though, Whalhart, Gangrel and Aversa are the three major characters of the spotpass collection and we've already alluded to Gangrel's recruitment dialogue a bit already, so might as well finish that.

For three DLCs, well the three Future Past episodes seems the obvious choice.

Edited by Jotari