Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

So... I've been playing a bit of FE7 again, trying my hand at an Iron Man on Eliwood Hard Mode (I'm not mad enough to try Hector, as I haven't even done that one without the Iron Man setting), and just got done with Lyn Mode (it just doesn't feel right skipping Lyn Mode).

This is the result of not skipping Lyn Mode:
4T1ezu0.png
God Mode Florina
I think @Benice would be proud.
Full disclosure, however: I have given her the Angelic Robe and the Energy Ring.

By the way, so far, I've gone deathless, though I got scarily close to getting poor Wil killed off, because I underestimated the two Mercenaries' range in Chapter 7x.

EDIT: @Shrimperor
That's some good stuff right there.

Edited by DragonFlames

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I wrote a bit of the next chapter of Teehee btw. Hopefully today or tomorrow we shall return to our usual schedule^^

inb4 i don't sleep well for a week again.

I already woke up super early today because it suddenly got so fucking hot <.<

Had to take a nap at around 13 o'clock

@Shrimperor did you see the latest episode of Love is War yet? They really made Ishigami the best character, huh.

48 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:
  • Do time-based cooldowns stay, or do auto-attack ones take their place?
  • Replacing the Blade Switch with your weapons would make sense- but no cooldown between switching I'd prefer, just like X. Secondary/Tertiary cooldown provides benefits already to try to stick with a certain weapon for longer period of time.

I suppose Secondary and Tertiary cooldowns negate or at least lessen this problem but can i say i'd much prefer auto-attack based cooldowns. Cause with that, it feels like you're doing more than just waiting for your Arts to recharge by actively contributing to the recharge. I've seen some people say that they think that being unable to auto-attack while moving makes the combat slower but going through DE right now, i actually think auto-attacking in the Alrest games is faster, especially when auto-attack canceling is thrown into the mix.

Again, Secondary and Tertiary cooldowns are probably very helpful but on priniciple, i think i'd prefer auto-attack based cooldowns from now on.

And how to fit 8 Arts into the lineup?

• Do you get two tabs to swap between via the left control pad? Or do we add a third and expand the available Arts to 9?
  • Are the two tabs divided into Melee and Ranged Weapon Arts, forcing me to equip 4 from each weapon? And if three tabs, does the third let me equip more of whatever I want? Or are these two-three tabs given nondescript labels of "I, II, III" and all are open to Arts of any kind?

I always thought that we could map four Arts to the face buttons and then four other Arts to the control pad. Eight buttons in total, eight Arts. I doubt Blade Combos would be returning so the Talent Art can maybe be mapped to the + button while Overdrive can be the - button just like in 2. Weapon swapping can be the on the shoulder buttons. 

XC2 got rid of Auras, and buff arts too. I'd prefer if X2 brought them back. I attribute the 3-4 Arts per Blade to the removal of Auras and buffs.

Well technically, Xenoblade 2 still has Auras, it's all just passive now. But i can understand wanting manual control over them back.

13 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

So... I've been playing a bit of FE7 again, trying my hand at an Iron Man on Eliwood Hard Mode

Good luck!

13 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

(I'm not mad enough to try Hector, as I haven't even done that one without the Iron Man setting),

Hector Mode isn't worth it anyway.

Edited by Armagon

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I wrote a bit of the next chapter of Teehee btw. Hopefully today or tomorrow we shall return to our usual schedule^^

tenor.gif

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I already woke up super early today because it suddenly got so fucking hot <.<

Had to take a nap at around 13 o'clock

Today's a freaking scorcher for sure.
Supposedly, it'll get even hotter next week.

Just now, Armagon said:

Good luck!

Thank you!
I have a feeling I'll need it.

Just now, Armagon said:

Hector Mode isn't worth it anyway.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

did you see the latest episode of Love is War yet? They really made Ishigami the best character, huh.

Yup. I always watch it on Saturday 😄

so good. So gooood.

Our boy can finally move on and become Normiegami

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Today's a freaking scorcher for sure.
Supposedly, it'll get even hotter next week.

<.<

>.>

Edited by Shrimperor

27 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

God Mode Florina
I think @Benice would be proud.
Full disclosure, however: I have given her the Angelic Robe and the Energy Ring.

Welcome to the club, my good man!

Oh, I gave her the angelic robe and Energy Ring too.

27 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

By the way, so far, I've gone deathless, though I got scarily close to getting poor Wil killed off, because I underestimated the two Mercenaries' range in Chapter 7x.

Aheheheheheheheheh... Florina had to dodge a 78 to survive chapter 3 in my ironman.

And Lyn died twice in Lyn mode.

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

<.<

>.>

I'm already done with next week just reading about it. X.X

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

Welcome to the club, my good man!

Oh, I gave her the angelic robe and Energy Ring too.

Thank you, thank you!
After those blessed level ups, I just knew I had to give these to her.

In contrast, Sain, Kent, and Wil got ridiculously bad level ups, either one stat, two stats they don't need, or nothing at all.
Guess who will get benched.

Aheheheheheheheheh... Florina had to dodge a 78 to survive chapter 3 in my ironman.

I nearly let her die to Lundgren because I got cocky. Luckily, she landed her 60-something hit against him with her Heavy Spear and killed him, or else she would have died to his Silver Lance.

And Lyn died twice in Lyn mode.

Oof.

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I wanna do a Thracia randomizer ironman sometime

That's bravery.

Edited by DragonFlames

Just now, DragonFlames said:

Oof.

...Dare I mention that one of the times was to Dorcas?

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

In contrast, Sain, Kent, and Wil got ridiculously bad level ups, either one stat, two stats they don't need, or nothing at all.

Did you steal my save file or something?! Sain was really bad for me too! He grew in basically exclusively Skill and Luck! And Wil was quite bad too. He was strength blessed, (+3 or 4 strength as a 17/1 sniper as of right now) but at the expense of being behind three points of speed, preventing him from doubling much of anything. Kent was OK; good speed, good strength, great defense.

And then I sacked him in a futile attempt to get Legault. Because I didn't want to bring Sain because I thought that I'd be tempted to sack him.

18 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

so good. So gooood.

Our boy can finally move on and become Normiegami

Indeed. S2 E11 suceeded where S1 E11 failed. Looking forward to the season finale next week.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Did you steal my save file or something?! Sain was really bad for me too! He grew in basically exclusively Skill and Luck! And Wil was quite bad too. He was strength blessed, (+3 or 4 strength as a 17/1 sniper as of right now) but at the expense of being behind three points of speed, preventing him from doubling much of anything. Kent was OK; good speed, good strength, great defense.

This is still better than my first FE7 playthrough where Hector forgot that he needs to hit things to win and unironically could make Darkness from Konosuba look like a skilled warrior. By the end of the playthrough, Hector was only a Lv.7 Lord. He failed to hit enough times to rack up enough kills to promote. I had a very bad first impression on Hector.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Aww, that's cute.

Just now, Benice said:

Oh wow. XD
Lyn must have made a mutton joke somewhere.

Speaking of Dorcas, he actually performed quite decently in Lyn Mode. He got one level up with Strength and Speed.

Just now, Benice said:

And then I sacked him in a futile attempt to get Legault. Because I didn't want to bring Sain because I thought that I'd be tempted to sack him.

Sain's first level up was HP and Luck.
Kent's first level up was Resistance.
Wil's first level up was Skill.

And it was at that point that I knew "yeah, these three will either die or be bench fodder". And further level ups just solidified that. They got three level ups total each and each of them was worse than the last. Wil got blank level ups two times in a row, even.

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

(Zestiria/Berseria seem to be the sole exceptions)

Not gonna lie Zestiria's and Berseria's combat can't be more different. Zestiria tried to be unique and failed with that totally by the introduction of armatization. The thing about armatization is that the enemies's stats are based on this. All enemies have doubled stats compared to all other Tales games which means you can't face a same leveled elite monster unarmatizied

4 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

I wouldnt reccomend just letting artes fly as soon as they charge, at least if your not used to the combat entirely yet.

Sure, they give party gauge for artful execution, but sometimes patience is a virtue.

I usually don't do it except for debuffs or ones with !-icon.

Btw I found it that the unit's order can be really important for several attacks. 

Like for toppling I figured out that 1. Fiona 2. Dunban 3. Shulk is the perfect order.

Came back from visiting my cousin and his kids.

First thing he had to do was to share his proud in showing me his 50000 €. Since I don't care for cars in the slightest, it was not really exciting what kind of (unnecessary) features this car offered. 

Then he made some anti foreign speeches that East Europeans brought the virus in our country. 

... Well, at least the food and the playing with the kids was nice.

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

Big oof.

10 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Hm. I wonder who you Wil choose to bench?

Seriously though, I’ve never really liked archers in FE, except in PoR where cavs could get access to bow upon promotion. I didn’t even like using Ashe as a sniper in 3H. There was rarely a time where he could do something better than the rest of my units could.

3 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

Btw I found it that the unit's order can be really important for several attacks. 

Like for toppling I figured out that 1. Fiona 2. Dunban 3. Shulk is the perfect order.

Yes. Character order is also important if you want to chain Arts that aren't red.

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Seriously though, I’ve never really liked archers in FE, except in PoR where cavs could get access to bow upon promotion. I didn’t even like using Ashe as a sniper in 3H. There was rarely a time where he could do something better than the rest of my units could.

Archers in Fire Emblem are stinky, they have their uses but the only time archers are genuianly good are Echoes and Three Houses.

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Hm. I wonder who you Wil choose to bench?

Nice one! XD

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I liked using Shinon in Radiant Dawn. And Selena and Mozu make for fantastic bow users in Fails (Selena as Bow Knight is pretty good, and Kinshi Knight Mozu with 10 move is a near game breaker).
In Three Houses, bow users are pretty good, actually, as is the case in Echoes. Just make sure to get their bow rank to C for Close Counter.

Everwhere else, though, I agree. They suck.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Archers in Fire Emblem are stinky, they have their uses but the only time archers are genuianly good are Echoes and Three Houses.

And in Fails, Bowzu is awesome.

---

Bartre's first attack and he misses. Neat.
And Rebecca almost died. Hooray!
And Eliwood only gets Luck. Like father, like son.

We are off to an amazing start! X.X

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Honestly, my thing with Tales combat is that it feels strange to me. Phantasia aside, it's like they want to be actual 3D ARPGs but they lock themselves into a 2D plane (and i'm aware of the free roaming mechanic but the way it's done here feels more like a band-aid solution). On a side-note, i couldn't get into Star Ocean for the same reason. Zestiria actually embraces the 3D ARPG aspect fully from what i remember which is probably why i enjoyed it way more and it seems it set a precedent for Tales, with Berseria pulling from that and the upcoming Arise also seems to be an actual 3D ARPG.

In Phantasia's case, it was more of i just didn't like how the game played overall, if i was around when it came out and played it back then, i'd probably be saying the same things.

Which games have you tried? I don't really agree with you, on the free roaming, since it's an integral mechanic. 
The only game I think the game feels really bizzare is Symphonia, where it's a 3d plane, and you're locked on 2d, and he only way you can really change your direction is by messing around with targeting and using your artes.

I love Tales gameplay. But I can see why people wouldn't like it.

---

Rebecca got two level ups in the second map (Eliwood was almost Elikilled. He really is Elibad) and she gained Strength and Speed each time.
This run is turning into a 'Bless the Waifus' run, I swear.

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Selena as Bow Knight is pretty good, and Kinshi Knight Mozu with 10 move is a near game breaker).

Both classes have other attack options though so it doesn't really count.

3 minutes ago, Caster said:

Which games have you tried? I don't really agree with you, on the free roaming, since it's an integral mechanic. 
The only game I think the game feels really bizzare is Symphonia, where it's a 3d plane, and you're locked on 2d, and he only way you can really change your direction is by messing around with targeting and using your artes.

Phantasia, Abyss and Zestiria. And i only enjoyed Zestiria gameplay-wise.

I'll give Phantasia the benefit of the doubt because it was the first game but Abyss is regarded as one of the best entries in the series (at least in the circles i'm in) but i really couldn't get into it's combat. I later learned that subsequent Tales games play similarly or improve on Abyss' combat and while improving is nice, hearing that it still follows the same general style turns me off from trying to play more of the games.

Unbenannt.PNG

me pixiv hunting

12 minutes ago, Caster said:

Which games have you tried?

Berseria (which i loved and finished) and Vesperia (which i absolutely hated the gameplay of, for the exact reasons Armagon mentioned)

Edited by Shrimperor

Just now, Armagon said:

Both classes have other attack options though so it doesn't really count.

That's a good point.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Unbenannt.PNG

me pixiv hunting

And that's a lot of tabs. O.o

---

Unrelated, but as some of you may know, I've been watching a playthrough of Fate/Extra these past weeks.
Why am I bringing this up? Because for some reason, I absolutely LOVE this battle theme, even though it doesn't really fit a battle at all. It's just so upbeat and catchy.

Almost makes me feel like I should be dancing yeah.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Unbenannt.PNG

me pixiv hunting

Berseria (which i loved and finished) and Vesperia (which i absolutely hated the gameplay of, for the exact reasons Armagon mentioned)

You guys are whack

Fair enough, though, I don't like Xenoblade's gameplay, so I suppose I am an anomaly in this group.