• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

23 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

That was me fairly early on. I got to level 20-something way before that would be a necessity and just curb-stomped everything for a while. XD

I actually got killed at least twice during the endgame stages, because some boss' attacks can get pretty crazy in terms of damage output. Some of them have some very far reaching attacks I didn't see coming, as well.

The two Neps are very fun to play, I agree! Nepgear is especially useful in boss fights or against Metal Dogoos, because her magic brings down the Break Gauge faster than regular attacks can. The only problem I had with Nepgear, one that is my fault, however, is that I sometimes overestimated her range and just misfired several spells because of it, which wasted a bunch of SP.

👍
Nep is awesome!

I enjoyed playing as multiple characters (foremost among them being Neptune, Noire, Nepgear, Uni, Ram, Purple Heart, and Black Heart), but my absolute favorites ended up being Uni and Black Heart.
Uni is just amazing in regular dungeon exploration. You just lock on to an enemy and spam the attack button until that enemy is dead without them ever being able to do anything to you. She has insane range, too. She's just not that well suited for boss fights, though and she starts doing 0 damage if you're too close to enemies, which is why having her be an AI partner can be a hassle, sometimes.
Meanwhile, Black Heart's damage output in boss fights is insane. Her Burst Explosion spells destroys enemy break gauges and with the right Gem setup (a.k.a. just max her attack), she can do upwards of 10,000 damage in a single strike with her Air Layer or Fall Break skills (recommend Air Layer, because that one does six hits as opposed to just one). There were times where I broke a boss' guard and downed them before they could even recover once. That's how crazy she is.
Her animations are also very elegant and feel powerful, which I liked.

My favorite team to use was Black Heart, Neptune, Purple Heart, and Blanc for bosses, and the CPU Candidates (Uni, Nepgear, Rom, and Ram) for regular exploration.

Well I literally just got the goddesses before I took a break so I'm not sure of what they can really do yet. I try to keep everyone even level wise for the most part, so I cant say I really favor any set teams.

So theres some challenge to look forward to, then? 

Edited by lightcosmo

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

ugh

not even the fan is helping

<.<

I had to turn mine off in order to avoid it killing itself from getting too hot.
I might need a new one.

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Well I literally just got the goddesses before I took a break so I'm not sure of what they can really do yet.

The one disadvantage they have is that none of them have any support or healing skills, so using all four at once can result in fights being harder than they otherwise would be.

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I try to keep everyone even level wise for the most part, so I cant say I really favor any set teams.

I did mostly the same, but that was my setup every time I explored a dungeon for the first time. On repeat visits for quests, I would of course switch characters around.
I really didn't want to ignore anyone, since I actually like everyone in the cast.

One tip about something I only found out very late: your AI partners will use skills from both their skills sets, so you don't have to switch between set 1 and 2 if you want them to use certain skills. So don't feel obligated to put Blanc's healing skills in both sets, she'll use them no matter what set your controlled character currently uses.

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

The one disadvantage they have is that none of them have any support or healing skills, so using all four at once can result in fights being harder than they otherwise would be.

I did mostly the same, but that was my setup every time I explored a dungeon for the first time. On repeat visits for quests, I would of course switch characters around.
I really didn't want to ignore anyone, since I actually like everyone in the cast.

One tip about something I only found out very late: your AI partners will use skills from both their skills sets, so you don't have to switch between set 1 and 2 if you want them to use certain skills. So don't feel obligated to put Blanc's healing skills in both sets, she'll use them no matter what set your controlled character currently uses.

Alright, that's good to know!

Yeah, I've always been that way, keep everyone leveled up since Its something i enjoy as well!

What's the max level in this game? Is it 999 again?

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Alright, that's good to know!

Glad to be of help!

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

What's the max level in this game? Is it 999 again?

I haven't reached it (you get a trophy for reaching 99, but not beyond), but I believe I read somewhere that the level cap for this game is at 200.
At the end of the game, since the party leader grows slightly faster than your members, I had Black Heart at level 101.

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

32°C

Ouch

That's what I had the last three days.

Thankfully wind came in which dropped the temperature a bit.

Still warm outside (~ 25 °C), but cooler than my room currently is, so I can lift.

Though no thunderstorm at all against like every forecast (again) and like no rain as well (maybe 1 l / m²)

Edited by Falcom Knight

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I just imagined something

something that could break the FE fanbase apart

that will bring alot of popcorn and enjoyment

Dragon loli as main love interest in next FE game

527615907602759684.png?v=1527615907602759684.png?v=1527615907602759684.png?v=1527615907602759684.png?v=1527615907602759684.png?v=1527615907602759684.png?v=1

I'd be on board with it. Provided the romance is well written, of course.
I mean, Nowi is Robin's S-support of choice for me, anyhow, as is Flayn for Byleth, so... *shrug*

All I'm saying is: Pass the popcorn, this s***'s gonna be gooooood!

Edited by DragonFlames

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

All I'm saying is: Pass the popcorn, this s***'s gonna be gooooood!

393462246430474241.png?v=1

i personally wouldn't call Flayn a loli though

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

fbi-fbi-32535241.png

Welp, Nowi will land in prison, it seems

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

What? It's a cute support.

I'm actually joking. I dislike more than anything how a character who looks like a child was sexualized. It makes any relationship barring Ricken and Donnel weird for me. But that's fine if you like it. I've never actually seen their support chain.

Just now, DragonFlames said:

me neither, but there are people who do.

I didn't know people thought of Flayn as a loli. I just thought she looked a bit younger than most characters, but then again so does Lysithea.

Edited by twilitfalchion

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

I'm actually joking. I dislike more than anything how a character who looks like a child was sexualized. It makes any relationship barring Ricken and Donnel weird for me. But that's fine if you like it. I've never actually seen their support chain.

I figured you were joking, actually.
I agree Nowi's outfit could have been done better (more like Tiki's or Sothis', if anything), but that doesn't exactly stop me from liking the character.
The story of how I came across that S-support is a rather odd one. When I first played Awakening, I had no idea S-supports meant marriage. I had Nowi pair up with Robin to save Dragonstone uses (since I didn't know I could eventually buy an infinite amount of these - blame Shadow Dragon for this one), and eventually, I got their supports. I thought "aw, this is kinda adorable". Then the S-support happened and I said "okay, that's a thing. I'll roll with it. See what happens".
And then I recruited Nah and Morgan and those two, along with Nowi, saved my first Awakening playthrough from ending in complete disaster (I was fighting the final boss with only Chrom, Lucina, Robin, Nowi, Nah, and Morgan left alive - yes, I sucked THAT badly at the game at first).

Ever since then, I had a fondness for Morgan and Nah as siblings (Ignis on a Manakete is busted, I tell you), and for having Nowi be Robin's significant other. Morgan and Nah's sibling support is also pretty cute. I just wish Nah's father supports were different. It's kind of out of character for Robin to be so mean to his own kid, I feel like.

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I became Wraith. *shudder shudder*

Oh no...

14 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I figured you were joking, actually.
I agree Nowi's outfit could have been done better (more like Tiki's or Sothis', if anything), but that doesn't exactly stop me from liking the character.
The story of how I came across that S-support is a rather odd one. When I first played Awakening, I had no idea S-supports meant marriage. I had Nowi pair up with Robin to save Dragonstone uses (since I didn't know I could eventually buy an infinite amount of these - blame Shadow Dragon for this one), and eventually, I got their supports. I thought "aw, this is kinda adorable". Then the S-support happened and I said "okay, that's a thing. I'll roll with it. See what happens".
And then I recruited Nah and Morgan and those two, along with Nowi, saved my first Awakening playthrough from ending in complete disaster (I was fighting the final boss with only Chrom, Lucina, Robin, Nowi, Nah, and Morgan left alive - yes, I sucked THAT badly at the game at first).

Ever since then, I had a fondness for Morgan and Nah as siblings (Ignis on a Manakete is busted, I tell you), and for having Nowi be Robin's significant other. Morgan and Nah's sibling support is also pretty cute. I just wish Nah's father supports were different. It's kind of out of character for Robin to be so mean to his own kid, I feel like.

Yeah, I've got to admit their support chain is really cute (just read it online). I just don't understand IS's need to have sexualized dragon lolis in their games.

7 minutes ago, Caster said:

Hello friends.

Hey. How's it going?

Edited by twilitfalchion

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Yeah, I've got to admit their support chain is really cute (just read it online). I just don't understand IS's need to have sexualized dragon lolis in their games. Tiki (in the Archanea remakes) never looked like that IIRC, but I may be remembering wrong. I never recruited her because I never recruited Bantu.

Wow, fake fan.

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Hi!

How goes the going?

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

really now...

Tiki's outfit isn't much better than Nowi's tbh

Apparently my memory is worse than I thought. It's not as bad, but it's still bad.

Edited by twilitfalchion

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Yeah, I've got to admit their support chain is really cute (just read it online). I just don't understand IS's need to have sexualized dragon lolis in their games. Tiki (in the Archanea remakes) never looked like that IIRC, but I may be remembering wrong. I never recruited her because I never recruited Bantu.

In Shadow Dragon, Tiki looks like this:

latest?cb=20160428081952