• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

14 minutes ago, Caster said:

She was originally in Extra CCC
But we never got that and probably will never get, so.

So Extella wasn't her first appearance, then? Interesting. And good to know!
Extra CCC was the game that never got localized, iirc.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Orange Juice DLC

Bloodstained: Curse of the moon

Sora

I had to look that last one up.
Apparently, the developer behind these games is called Orange Juice.
Awesome!

Also, earlier this month, they released a game called Flying Red Barrel - The Diary of a Little Aviator, in case you didn't know about it yet.

11 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

So Extella wasn't her first appearance, then? Interesting. And good to know!
Extra CCC was the game that never got localized, iirc.

Yes, and probably never will. Because JP only, and it's a lot weirder than Extra. And lewder.
And someone working on the fan translation quit and didn't want anyone to use their work so that's significantly further behind and possibly given up on because of that

Edited by Caster

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Also, earlier this month, they released a game called Flying Red Barrel - The Diary of a Little Aviator, in case you didn't know about it yet.

yup, but won't get that one just yet.

Sora is interesting because i played Acceleration of Suguri

and well

the opening is just beautiful

4 minutes ago, Caster said:

Yes, and probably never will. Because JP only, and it's a lot weirder than Extra. And lewder.
And someone working on the fan translation quit and didn't want anyone to use their work so that's significantly further behind and possibly given up on because of that

So it's like an FE11/12 situation where one game got localized and the other didn't for... reasons.
Sad, but that's how it goes, I guess.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

and well

the opening is just beautiful

Getting some serious Trails/Blue Reflection vibes from this OP.
Nice!

Edited by DragonFlames

25 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

xRBee07.png

393085077866938368.png?v=1

I think i might even get a couple more games

Yeah, that's great.

Now if only it could apply on the same cart group. As it is, you have to make individual group purchases to enjoy the discount more than once.

PS and Steam already have a summer sale.

I hope summer sale in E-Shop is coming too soon.

Still would like to get Animal Crossing and Cold Steel III.

xRBee07.png

How to click this advertisement off?

I couldn't get rid of this banner.

The only game I would buy is Touhou Genso Wanderers since it's the first time I see it for an actual sale.

Though I would prefer to get it for Switch, but it's not on sale (yet).

Edited by Falcom Knight

Walked into NLA and most of met the main crew. As it was night when I loaded my save, I wasted a little time and waited for early morning, I thought the introduction to NLA cutscene would look better that way. I wandered around to find Casper the Unhealthy Eater's weird hiding spot, it's wedged in a space between the huge gel crystals and the solid earth the White Whale impacted into. I then jumped along the crystals over the West Gate for the minor fun of it.

New Los Angeles feels so empty. Sure, the city never physically developed over time like Monolith wanted it to other, than the addition of the Ma-non Ship. But remaining structurally the same did not stop all change. NLA at the very start is deserted, humans alone occupy it, entirely unaware they aren't the only intelligent species on the planet. No Ma-non, no Nopon, no Orphe, no Prone, no Wrothians, no Zaruboggans, none I could talk to nor walk by and overhear their conversations with a little sounding of their voices or simply see hanging around.

But, this is a golden opportunity! I must run around and listen to every speech bubble. I must learn all the juicy tidbits about the world that would be replaced later in the game.

I nabbed the following so far:

• The walls of NLA are canonically ~100 meters (~109 Yards) tall.
  • Although nobody has met Xenos yet, someone commented that some humans will never forgive them. The anti-Xeno sentiments precede the meeting, expectable, but good to note.
  • Oblivia has been visited and its ruins identified as non-natural. No surprise, but it does give a hint that humans may not be alone here. Though it begs the question of how they didn't see the Ganglion yet- they have bases in the open plains of Oblivia- must be gameplay-story segregation. Oh, well, Chapter 3 will introduce them next thing.

...but I've held off on scanning for more ATM, I intend to do that on my next play of the game.

Getting back to the NLA intro scene, it's not as good as the Mira one earlier, but it's fine. I forgot how and when the Irina & Gwin introduction happened, Gwin is less dweeby and more snarky here. Director-General Maurice Chausson comes off as as shady in his televised introduction as I remember it, but it's a red herring, because nothing at all later in XCX suggests he is anything but another good person unless X2 reveals he was secretly evil and ambitious all along. 

The Doug and Lin introduction I did remember better. But I didn't remember Lin flooring it in a jeep not to harp on her age but it's something worth commenting on here. She doesn't treat Doug very well in her intro, but her flight attendant-like voice during the NLA's Districts explanation compensates. The rest of the intro to NLA where they try to convince you to join BLADE is slow, but informative, and it's all Chapter 1 is, but considering how little main story there is later, this isn't a big deal. The first encounter with Secretary Nagi is good too.

Chapter 2 is short as well, just your very first mission- an explanation of FrontierNav for gameplay and lore, plus a dual explanation of Tyrants and your first battle with one. I peacefully reached the battle in a few minutes. Ciniculas rank lower in the Indigen hierarchy than Simiuses I learned, I can see the Cinicula being herbivores, and I suppose their extra size matters no more than an elephant's to a pack of tigers. Tyrants can subvert the natural order of species. I win on the first try, my HP did run low from Taunting it,  but Lin and Elma were fine. On walking back to NLA I tried to fight some lvl 6 Vespers and a Lepyx, got my first taste of defeat.

I get back to the Barracks, was greeted Vandham for the first time, and pick my BLADE Division after very pleasant description of all 8 Divisions. They use images of playable characters for each Division's summary. This includes Lao- who oddly is first met in a tutorial pop-up after the Cinicula battle. They used Yelv for the Reclaimers, put Boze with Doug for the Harriers, and used Alexa for the Outfitters- the strangeness here stems from them being $$$ DLC in Japan. Which Division you pick is mostly flavor in practice, but if you want to get your BLADE level up the fastest, Curator or Harrier is the way to go. I picked Reclaimers.

And with that, I saved and quit for now.

Others things I took note of:

• It is stated it's been 2 months since the crash on Mira. BLADE Tower shows 60%. The game ends with it on the very last fumes of fuel. Easy math means the journey from Starfall Basin to Into the Lifehold took 3 months.
  • The West Gate of NLA was originally connected to the White Whale maintenance section, explains why the Industrial District is there.
  • The Mimeosome Maintenance Center is marked on the map from the start. Odd, I never noticed it on my first run, I thought it didn't register until after Chapter 5. Ruins the surprise, well, somewhat, nobody has said "mimeosome" yet, not even the engineers/"doctors" NPCs outside it.

And (SPOILERS!)...

Spoiler

Everyone met during Chapter 1 is introduced with a first and last name stated- Elma was not. She has to have one to go with her- probably fake- first name, but we know nothing of it. X2 better not forget to fill in our gaps of understanding her.

During the Chapter 1 conversation with Nagi over the mission table, Elma said "I still wonder if I hadn't been there... if maybe all of this could have somehow been avoided". What does she mean? The context of the dialogue and completion of the game fills in the unsaid.- "If I had not come to Earth, maybe it's destruction by aliens could've been avoided." Nagi, knowing what she means, says that possibility cannot be known, but without her (my emphasis), there would've been no Project Exodus, no escape for anyone from Earth.

Geez, Chapter 1 and they've dropped a big hint of Elma's secret. Nagi singling her out like this is a clue she is no "colonel".

And yet, it still leaves questions. Why would Elma think her visit to Earth caused the Ganglion and Ghost to show up? The Ganglion never speak of an individual/the species to which Elma belongs, that in any way tipped them off the existence of humans. And we know naught about what the Ghosts think.

I should probably play XCX again. I only went as far as Chapter 3 or so, although of course I simply looked stuff up for everything after.

I'd say, after having watched that video yesterday, I now have the hilarious image of Project Exodus being... that.

Ganglion and Ghost: Let's fight near Earth and hope it gets destroyed as collateral.

Earth: Nope.

*Entire Solar System promptly speeds away*

Cue Benny Hill theme.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

So, in order to get to a freezing Nopon in Valak Mountain, I stumbled into

Spoiler

the summit where you'd get to battle against three high-90s monsters,

...and I realized that it was the long way about. I have pretty much reached the mid-70s in level, and tried (with some difficulty, read: Seven dying twice) to beat the lv90 Gogol in Bionis Leg, but I'm not willing to chance the ones atop Valak Peak.

The "Do not pursue Lu Bu" meme transcends universes, time, and even space travel, I see.
iHY31tk.jpg

The Berserker in question of course being the man himself:
s7sfhAr.jpg

Also, It exists. And a variation of THAT theme plays when you use it. He even does the signature "I am the bone of my sword" chant.
The "It", of course, being:

Hype levels reaching critical amounts.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

I am the bone of my Sword!

I used it to kill Lu Bu.
Was the first NP I got to use in the game, too, which is awesome. Love the detail that he uses Nero's, Gawain's, and Cu Chulainn's weapons during it, too.

Also, Archimedes went Kotomine on me.
plXoHDR.jpg
*Yorokobe intensifies*