Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Espurrhoodie said:

Surprisingly decently. I still haven't gotten that far since I was busy today (I had a doctor's appointment), but I'm actually enjoying it alot.

Nice! Glad to hear that!

• Replies 176.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Also I'm taking care of my neighbor's cats while they're on vacation and one of them somehow managed to get stuck in the closet? Like, I wouldn't have even noticed that the cat was there if I a) wasn't actively searching, and b) heard meowing

I don't care for SpongeBob at all and had i not promised my friend that i'd play BfBB (the OG, he really doesn't want me to play Rehyderated), i wouldn't have even thought about it.

I actually have the pettiest reason for disliking SpongeBob. See, when i was a child, i really liked the Madagascar series of films. And then i found out that there was a TV show based off of it: Penguins of Madagascar. So i natrually tune in to watch it but i guess they were having a SpongeBob marathon that day because SpongeBob was literally the only thing they were showing on Nick that day. So i began hating SpongeBob for "stealing Penguins of Madagascar's timeslot". And that just sorta stuck ever since.

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

For the brief time I had a PS4 I remember how long it took just to download an update, not even the game data itself. I'm really glad updates don't take nearly as long on Switch.

That's because Switch games don't make you install the game even if you got it physically.

Normally, i'd agree that physical over digital but the Switch is just really convinient for digital. These are the games i currently own on Switch

IMG_20200624_213953.jpg?width=766&height

IMG_20200624_213955.jpg?width=766&height

And of all of these, only Breath of the Wild and Smash Ultimate are physical copies.

Note 1: I actually deleted Splatoon 2 like two years ago, i just still have the icon there just in case

Note 2: Torna ~ The Golden Country is accessed through Xenoblade 2 since i bought it via Season Pass. If i got it standalone, it'd have it's own icon.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Normally, i'd agree that physical over digital but the Switch is just really convinient for digital. These are the games i currently own on Switch

IMG_20200624_213953.jpg?width=766&height

IMG_20200624_213955.jpg?width=766&height

In my case, I doubt it would be more convenient. I honestly just feel more comfortable having a physical copy, in case something happens to my system/account. 

2 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

I heard that they really screwed up the Switch version of the game. Hopefully it's not too bad. I'm sure the PS4 and XB1 versions have no technical issues though.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Not sure about the XB1 version but the PS4 version still has technical issues as well. Lots of pop-in, enemies and platforms literally blink into existence.

My friend has the OG as his second favorite game of all time and he was very disappointed in Rehydrated (to the point that he calls it "Dehydrated" now).

Oh my God, is your Internet usually that bad?

2 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

That's unfortunate. Sounds like the devs didn't care enough to put the effort in to fix all the bugs.

I feel like I'm pretty sure it's a bit more complicated than you guys are gonna go on.

I know this game got crunched pretty badly, likely by Nick, I know they only had like, I think 10 months to work on it. And I'm pretty sure half of that was in virus-times, so I'm impressed they managed to get this game out at all. And I've been following this game pretty close, so I think it's a bit disingenuous to just say "the devs didn't care enough to fix it" since they are trying their best to right now since they had to get it out.
The devs were working with very closely with the community, and asked for help from major people in the community a lot.
Normally I would be annoyed with devs trying to fix after launch, but in these really shitty circumstances I'm willing to forgive it, if they do their best, so.

I forgot to post this earlier, but I never noticed one of the lines Elma said- "You won't find Mira on any starcharts". She said it in a casual tone, but was she being serious when she said that?

Mira was reachable within 2 years space travel, at who knows what but definitely not super sci-fi warp speed. I know from Earth we can't see everything out there in the cosmos IRL, but something so close? Yet it's stated in the opening it was known the Ghost and Ganglion were coming, they were seen from a near-ish distance.

I'm fine-tooth combing this line, because if it was literally meant, then was this the first dialogue to allude to Mira's mysteriousness? A planet that hid itself from others barring the native L and Nopon. Hidden in plain sight until the time came when Ganglions, humans, and other Xenos all against their will wound up there.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

7 minutes ago, Caster said:

I know this game got crunched pretty badly, likely by Nick, I know they only had like, I think 10 months to work on it. And I'm pretty sure half of that was in virus-times, so I'm impressed they managed to get this game out at all. And I've been following this game pretty close, so I think it's a bit disingenuous to just say "the devs didn't care enough to fix it" since they are trying their best to right now since they had to get it out.
The devs were working with very closely with the community, and asked for help from major people in the community a lot.
Normally I would be annoyed with devs trying to fix after launch, but in these really shitty circumstances I'm willing to forgive it, if they do their best, so.

That could be it. Honestly, i always found it odd that the game was in pre-alpha when it was revealed last year and now it's out.

For the fans, i hope the problems are ironed out.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Mira was reachable within 2 years space travel, at who knows what but definitely not super sci-fi warp speed. I know from Earth we can't see everything out there in the cosmos IRL, but something so close? Yet it's stated in the opening it was known the Ghost and Ganglion were coming, they were seen from a near-ish distance.

I'm fine-tooth combing this line, because if it was literally meant, then was this the first dialogue to allude to Mira's mysteriousness? A planet that hid itself from others barring the native L and Nopon. Hidden in plain sight until the time came when Ganglions, humans, and other Xenos all against their will wound up there.

Assuming the White Whale wasn't going at sci-fi warp speed, the closest star to us in lightyears is Alpha Centurai. If Mira was within two light-years of us, we would've known. However, the likely scenario is that the White Whale did have warp drives of some kind and they were simply searching for a habitable home within those two years.

Spoiler

But for Elma, a person from a highly-advanced civilization, stating that Mira isn't on any starchart is worth analyzing.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Would be kinda amusing if it really just blinked into existence.

I wouldn't put it past it, Xeno can get really weird sometimes.

Alpha Centauri is at over 4 LY's. There's definitely FTL travel going on unless you do think Mira was hidden all this time at 1-2 LY's away from Earth... and in the right direction.

Or it can move, entire solar system and all.

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, moving an entire solar system is theoretically possible. This video does a good job at explaining it

38 minutes ago, Caster said:

Hm. I had no idea about the shortened development cycle. I haven't really been keeping up with news on the game apart from the initial announcement last year. Thanks for mentioning that. I hope the game gets the fixes it needs.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I actually have the pettiest reason for disliking SpongeBob. See, when i was a child, i really liked the Madagascar series of films. And then i found out that there was a TV show based off of it: Penguins of Madagascar. So i natrually tune in to watch it but i guess they were having a SpongeBob marathon that day because SpongeBob was literally the only thing they were showing on Nick that day. So i began hating SpongeBob for "stealing Penguins of Madagascar's timeslot". And that just sorta stuck ever since.

On the topic of petty reasons for not liking shows as a little kid, I definitely have a few. I remember watching maybe one season of Digimon for instance, although "watch" is probably too generous a term, for how little I remember suggests it was more "kid stares at screen and lets imagination run wild, only in a way paying attention to whats actually being said/happens". When the main protag changed at the start of another season, I was a stick-in-the-mud and never watched it ever again.

A different petty thing- I disliked characters with my name, I felt like they stole it! That'd make no sense if I had put any thought into it, because my name is not common but not at all rare, and I'm named after one of my parents.

35 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I wouldn't put it past it, Xeno can get really weird sometimes.

This would then have to mean that L and the Nopon were blinked into existence as well, with false memories of a history. Blinking lifeforms into existence isn't unheard of to me. And all the ruins on Mira aren't real ruins then, only fabrications of aged ruins, there was no ancient civilization that made them.

30 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The Nopon of Mira not being smart enough to notice the celestial changes in the night sky sounds feasible, so this idea is feasible as well to me.

Or, if the Telethia came from another dimension, could the planet have been moved dimensionally?

Too many possibilities, all considerable. May the intelligent being(s) gods or not responsible for Mira's peculiarities please send us the answer. Wavmen!🙏 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Hey @Benice, how’s your FE4 playthrough been going? I know you’ve had your LP to manage, but I was curious if you had continued playing.

I've been sort of continuing. I'm mad because I wrote over my save file before I remembered that I can just Valkyrie someone back to life. Still, I'm sort of close to finishing gen 1.

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

I've been sort of continuing. I'm mad because I wrote over my save file before I remembered that I can just Valkyrie someone back to life. Still, I'm sort of close to finishing gen 1.

Oof that sucks. That sucks hard.

Downloading Fate/Extella right now. Hooray!
That'll be the first Fate game I play for myself. I'm looking forward to it!

4 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

Had a sleepless night.

I have to admit current weather also has its shadow side...

Hope things get better for you!

Speaking of current weather conditions, where I live, it's supposed to start raining either today or tomorrow. I'm already looking forward to stuff getting all humid again.

While waiting for the download to finish, I played some more Three Houses.
Mercedes got three perfect level ups in a row. She is now level 11 and has more Magic than Annette, more Speed than Felix, the best Resistance by far (18, the second best character is Ingrid, who has 11), and she has equal Defense to Byleth at 10.

Mercedes at base be like:
636021-1138454-4992-3328-08.jpg

Mercedes now be like:
58126142_c9ceb4585c.jpg

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Finally downloaded Neptunia!

Enjoy!

24 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Enjoy!

Thank you!

Got all the way to the Cliffs of Morytha in XC2 and i'm still thinking about the storyline and:

Spoiler

I still think that Malos using the Monado is significant. They even went through all the trouble of giving him symbols for it. I can't see what they are, exactly, but there has to be a reason.

TUTTURU!

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Finally downloaded Neptunia!

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Downloading Fate/Extella right now. Hooray!

Enjoy, both of you!

@DragonFlames looks like you're gonna have to wait a bit longer.

38 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

My Switch gaming list

3cHEeJr.jpg
SZ4D5IN.jpg?1

PS: I haven't beaten or even touched about 2/3 of these games.

What's the game in between Valkyria and CrossTag?