Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

This was sad, cute, and heartwarming.
Really sweet! ❤️

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Aww...that's both tragic and sweet. Really good convo!

Many thanks!

There are a few errors, but I'm in a bad spot right now to fix them.

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

27 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

*paid DLC character with no supports intensifies*

really don't know what happened here. It's like IntSys forgot they were living in current year.

Screenshot_20200624-114644_1.png?width=6

........oh my.

Pokemon Snap bought Game Freak/The Pokemon Company some love, even if it's Bamco-developed. DLC1 for Sw/Sh is a mixed bag/slight positive, the other stuff announced a few days ago is okay and inoffensive.

But a FtP mobile Pokemon game announced at a separate event for no good reason, with the backing of corporation with an inhuman foreign government behind it...

🌊 🛶

🛶

🛶

🐠🐡🐟🐬🐋🦈

⚰️

...thar sinks their reputation.

Why no iceberg emoji, or coral for that matter, neither is long for this world so they deserve to be preserved in such a form, and I wanted to do iceberg + cruise ship for "sunk like Titanic".

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

really don't know what happened here. It's like IntSys forgot they were living in current year.

More like they remembered it's current year and every other "Triple AAA" gaming company has been pulling bullshit after bullshit out of their collective, greed-filled bumholes, so they needed to follow suit to "get with the times", as it were.

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

........oh my.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Pokemon Snap bought Game Freak/The Pokemon Company some love, even if it's Bamco-developed. DLC1 for Sw/Sh is a mixed bag/slight positive, the other stuff announced a few days ago is okay and inoffensive.

But a FtP mobile Pokemon game announced at a separate event for no good reason, with the backing of corporation with an inhuman foreign government behind it...

🌊 🛶

🛶

🛶

🐠🐡🐟🐬🐋🦈

⚰️

... Yep, GF remembered it's current year, alright. XD

Edited by DragonFlames

1 minute ago, Falcom Knight said:

Mary Skelter 2 off for 16 €.

That's a fair price for what is essentially two games (it also includes the first one, which is infinitely better because at least the protagonist is good).

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

🌊 🛶

🛶

🛶

🐠🐡🐟🐬🐋🦈

⚰️

Doesn't helped that Pokemon hyped up the whole thing by being like "hey Pokemon fans, we got some big news coming next week. Make sure to tune in".

Even Japanese fans are confused about why they didn't just show this last week.

This, combined with the fact that Tencent is majorly involved, is what's causing the biggest backlash.

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

More like they remembered it's current year and every other "Triple AAA" gaming company has been pulling bullshit after bullshit out of their collective, greed-filled bumholes, so they needed to follow suit to "get with the times", as it were.

I meant "they forgot it was current year" in the sense that 3H Anna feels like it was pulled from the era of FE games where Support convos didn't exist but yeah, i guess that works too.

2 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

I had 20 € credit left, so purchased.

It has to wait... but this fate share like 20 others games.

👍
It's a great game.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I meant "they forgot it was current year" in the sense that 3H Anna feels like it was pulled from the era of FE games where Support convos didn't exist but yeah, i guess that works too.

Oh.
Oh!
My bad! XD

12 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

Neptunia RPG is obtainable for 12,5 €, but I don't know if it would be something for me.

I played one game of this series, rather I tried, and it didn't become my thing.

Neptunia RPG is a spin-off game that plays almost nothing like the main games. It's mainly a 2D platformer, and the combat system is a sort of action-y turn-based style. I personally didn't like the combat all too much, to be honest.

Edited by DragonFlames

Here's a screenshot of the combat system:
ss_d96169a20f141280515af5486aa33580104ea

Each character is assigned to one button, as you can see, and that number on the bottom right is your action count, which refills rather slowly and each skill/attack takes a certain amount of action points to use. Meaning you're sitting there waiting for it to fill up. Unless you can somehow exploit an enemy's elemental weakness, which makes it go up faster. But if you can't, well... tough luck!

And here's a gameplay screen from the platforming levels:
XEbNAKm.jpg

I have never played a Castlevania game, so I can't tell how similar they are, but this should cover it.
My main plus with this game is that the backgrounds look absolutely stunning, like the one in the lower picture.

1 minute ago, Falcom Knight said:

Oh, it's rather like a Touhou fangame I forgot its name.

I mean if the RPG part sucks, then nothing can save this game since I don't care for platformers.

I didn't particularly like it, either. The platforming aspect was kind of fun for me (even though I usually don't like platformers too much, as well), but the combat was meh and the story wasn't as good as the mainline games, either. Though it did endear me more to Blanc's character, so it has at least that going for it, which is nice.

2 minutes ago, Crime and Punishment said:

she is complete

2c34e9feb9ae8b94fd2cda491c032ece26593611

Congrats!
Don't really know what I'm looking at since I don't play Heroes, but congratulations all the same!

11 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Each character is assigned to one button, as you can see, and that number on the bottom right is your action count, which refills rather slowly and each skill/attack takes a certain amount of action points to use. Meaning you're sitting there waiting for it to fill up. Unless you can somehow exploit an enemy's elemental weakness, which makes it go up faster. But if you can't, well... tough luck!

That makes me think more of an ATB version of Valkyrie Profile's battle system.

21 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I have never played a Castlevania game, so I can't tell how similar they are, but this should cover it.

It's not like Castlevania at all. Castlevania has a lot more branching paths and you'll occasionally have to backtrack due to new abilities you get allowing you enter different places (and Metroid is literally the same thing, hence the term "Metroidvania". Super Neptunia RPG on the other hand, is very linear and the platforming is kinda just there.

Just now, lightcosmo said:

I see Cyberdimension Neptunia on the PS store, 60% off. Is it worth it for 12$?

I mean, if it's only $12, you lose basically nothing in the event that you end up not liking it. That's literally the price of a movie ticket.

13 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That makes me think more of an ATB version of Valkyrie Profile's battle system.

I admit, I have never heard of Valkyrie Profile. I have heard of Valkyria Chronicles, though. Are the two related in some way?

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

I see Cyberdimension Neptunia on the PS store, 60% off. Is it worth it for 12$?

A thousand times yes!

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

It's not like Castlevania at all. Castlevania has a lot more branching paths and you'll occasionally have to backtrack due to new abilities you get allowing you enter different places (and Metroid is literally the same thing, hence the term "Metroidvania". Super Neptunia RPG on the other hand, is very linear and the platforming is kinda just there.

I should have known.

Edited by DragonFlames

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_20200624-114644_1.png?width=6

Oh boy

2 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

I know it's pretty much a copypaste of the part when Tio told about Gnosis, and I think Tio wouldn't collapse anymore even if she was reminded on the drug again, but I had no better plug honestly.

Maybe let Lys collapse due to crest cancer or something?

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

A thousand times yes!

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I mean, if it's only $12, you lose basically nothing in the event that you end up not liking it. That's literally the price of a movie ticket.

I can't say no to that price. Alright, I bought it. Hopefully it's something that I'll enjoy quite a bit. Thanks to all of you, I bought Megadimension and loved it, so hopefully this will be a repeat.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

I can't say no to that price. Alright, I bought it. Hopefully it's something that I'll enjoy quite a bit. Thanks to all of you, I bought Megadimension and loved it, so hopefully this will be a repeat.

Keep in mind that the gameplay is different to Megadimension. It has action combat instead of turn-based battles.
Doesn't mean that it's not fun, however.

Edited by DragonFlames