Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I admit, I have never heard of Valkyrie Profile. I have heard of Valkyria Chronicles, though. Are the two related in some way?

Nah. Granted, i know nothing about Valkyrie Profile but Valkyria Chronicles is an real-time SRPG. Kinda like XCOM.

I still haven't beaten it, i don't feel like grinding my Lancers for the one time they'll actually be useful.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I can't say no to that price. Alright, I bought it. Hopefully it's something that I'll enjoy quite a bit.

👍

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Nah. Granted, i know nothing about Valkyrie Profile but Valkyria Chronicles is an real-time SRPG. Kinda like XCOM.

I see.
Thanks for the info!

Also, because I forgot to say so earlier (pardon my rudeness) @lightcosmo: I hope you enjoy yourself!

Edited by DragonFlames

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Also, because I forgot to say so earlier (pardon my rudeness) @lightcosmo: I hope you enjoy yourself!

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Keep in mind that the gameplay is different to Megadimension. It has action combat instead of turn-based battles.
Doesn't mean that it's not fun, however.

It wasn't rude at all! And thank you so much! Once it downloads, of course!

Oh, I'm open to most styles, so we'll see. Well, alot of it is that I liked the characters so It influences my opinion quite a bit too.

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Maybe let Lys collapse due to crest cancer or something?

Then I have to rewrite B too.

I will think about it.

I bought Xanadu Ex for PS4 because playing it on the PC sucks.

Btw since when does Sakura Wars have a part for the west?

I saw a game in the PS Store.

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

It wasn't rude at all! And thank you so much! Once it downloads, of course!

Oh, I'm open to most styles, so we'll see. Well, alot of it is that I liked the characters so It influences my opinion quite a bit too.

^^

The main characters are very much the same as you know them from Megadimension.
Their interactions with each other definitely make this game.

Also, expect this one to be a lot more on the side of comedy than Megadimension was.

Edited by DragonFlames

If interested, the game is available for mobile. It's the port of the PSP port of this PSX game.

I find it interesting, though it may not be everyone's cup of tea, perhaps.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

44 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Congrats!
Don't really know what I'm looking at since I don't play Heroes, but congratulations all the same!

Castle Emblem Heroes.

46 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

HI SOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUULLLL

And congrats to your moneymaker!

I am moneymaker. : D

10 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

^^

The main characters are very much the same as you know them from Megadimension.
Their interactions with each other definitely make this game.

Also, expect this one to be a lot more on the side of comedy than Megadimension was.

Okay, that's good to hear!

Thanks for the info! Anything else that I should I know?

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Okay, that's good to hear!

Thanks for the info! Anything else that I should I know?

Just that for whatever reason, you can't skip the opening logos and the rather lengthy loading screen (though it looks fancy). That can get a little bit annoying.
And from what I've heard, the game crashes on occasion, but it hasn't happened to me at all when I played.

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

What? Not know of Valkyrie Profile!?

Here, a gameplay video.

If you want to look up further, feel free.

This really does look very similar to Super Neptunia RPG. Interesting.

Just now, DragonFlames said:

Just that for whatever reason, you can't skip the opening logos and the rather lengthy loading screen (though it looks fancy). That can get a little bit annoying.
And from what I've heard, the game crashes on occasion, but it hasn't happened to me at all when I played.

Game crashes randomly... welp, I'm fucked. I have THE worst luck when it comes to this. Like wow. Overall, just on PS4, I've had about 12 hard crashes, half on one game. 

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Game crashes randomly... welp, I'm fucked. I have THE worst luck when it comes to this. Like wow. Overall, just on PS4, I've had about 12 hard crashes, half on one game. 

Oof. I'm sorry!
Then my advice is: save as often as you can, preferably every time before you enter a dungeon. That should keep progress losses to a minimum.

The only PS game which ever caused a crash was Cold Steel II, always at the same moment (after the maingame and postgame epilogue). It really pissed me off to play the long and boring final boss watching the Crow part (which I despise now after playing III).

Otherwise never had issues with my PS3 and 4.

Rehydrated came in, will give it a shot after my dentist appointment. Will see how I feel about since I’ve played OG like 10 times.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Doesn't helped that Pokemon hyped up the whole thing by being like "hey Pokemon fans, we got some big news coming next week. Make sure to tune in".

Even Japanese fans are confused about why they didn't just show this last week.

This, combined with the fact that Tencent is majorly involved, is what's causing the biggest backlash.

I hate MOBAs on principle, and I loathe Tencent for having exploitative systems in their games. So I didn't even bother checking the clip out.

Okay! I decided to try my lite 2nd run of XCX. I went a lot further on my Cross customization this time (I can always change it later). I went:

• Female.
  • Long, sea-greenish hair because I had thoughts of Emeralda.
  • Slightly dark orangey skin. (What? I didn't want to be light, and its Emeralda-ish.)
  • Dark red eyes with a tiny bit of blue you'd never see in practice.
  • Darker purple lips.
  • Yellowish-brown eye shadow.
  • Minor freckles.
  • A mole under the left eye.
  • A small scar to the right cutting across the lips.
  • Three small black hexes under each eye as face paint.
  • About 3/4s full on the height slider.
  • "Mature" as my voice.
  • And for the name, Apollo Delphinius + Artemis = Delphemis. A name that looks gender-neutral if I want to swap to a male. I had Persona 2 in mind with this name.

Before all this, the opening sequence, which is good though not XC1 tier, despite me having watched it ten or more times by now. Music could maybe be a little better. The "wait at the title screen" version being silent save for MONOX I think conveys the tragedy better, Lin's voiceover to explain it all conflicts with the action. 

After the above, Elma comes to wake Cross up, I smile to see her, appreciating the blurriness at first-person first sight because you've just awoken. I didn't remember it being so stormy during this introduction, I remember it was night, but not the storm. She hands me a Prototype Knife (and unseen a Prototype Rifle), and so, in the narrow, high walled crash zone, the successor to the Mechon Wreckage Site, whose heirs are the Forgotten Waste and the Lasaria Woodland, in Starfall Basin, the journey begins.

The first steps in the darkness lead into the first forced battle- a level 1 Origin Blatta- won with ease. I leisurely run (more like fast walk), gather a few collectibles, and open a few wrecked Lifepods containing some slightly better equipment, I equip some and Fashion Gear over the mismatched new torso and legwear with my default stuff. I customize my Soul Voices, as insignificant as it might be. I approach Shadow Rise, and witness this game's Bionis's Kneecap moment:

Spoiler

Beautiful. Five years later, this holds up.

I choose the road safer by, for I find it more scenic, and it is not as though I'll have reason to tread it after this. Though a pop-up informs me how to sprint, I don't do it, I want to savor this precious return to the magical beginning. I pick battles with whatever enemies have sight aggression, for Elma and myself, these fights are quick and danger-free, thought at points I've lose over half my health, I'm fine.

I invest 4 BP into upgrading Slit Edge once, as weak as its single hit is, its cooldown is the lowest in the game. If can get my Delphemis to Overdrive against the odds, it'll be one Tertiary Cooldown'ed hit for 900% sans position damage bonus every 4.32 seconds at MAX with Slit Edge at level 5. Many jabs make great wounds.

I venture to the left of the proper path for but a few yards, failing to realize my error. I turn the camera to see a level 22 Rock Simius with sight aggression near me. For it is midday, the creature lay supine, its limbs stretched out in a sunbaked slumber, I am fortunate.

The East Gate I approach by nightfall, a few hours past what Elma would've wanted, but she says not a word. A few level 3 Callow Grexes leap before me, the boss to end this Prologue. Elma and her rescued companion slay them, their ferocious demeanor is embodied not at all in their claws. Had I fought naught along the way, I believe I still could've taken them on.

And so, but an hour or so since the start, and I saved and set aside the new file for the day. I've attained Class Rank 6 on Drifter already, no wonder I don't remember this humble start very well.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

14 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

@Interdimensional Observer

Good luck with the XCX run! Any plans for classes? Any particular favorites?

First and only other playthrough, I went Striker-Samurai Gunner/Duelist for the entire maingame, it was boring NGL. For the postgame, I cheesed with Dual Guns + Longsword if I had to, but settled on a Photon Saber + Assault Rifle build later after experimenting and getting what I needed for a perfect Reflect setup.

This time, it'll be Enforcer, followed by Psycorrupter/Mastermind, I want to play a more supportive way after being the tank and damage dealer. And after Enforcer, I can dabble in Blast Fencer if I feel like it- I like the Photon Sabers and Psycho Launchers are cool. Making Astral Protection work in the maingame will be a lot easier than the postgame.

Elma and Lin will be around every time the story comes up, so I can swap to them if I want Full Metal Jaguar or Shield Trooper action. And I intend to bring Lao around a lot, because, so there is my Partisan Eagle.

4 hours ago, Caster said:

Rehydrated came in, will give it a shot after my dentist appointment. Will see how I feel about since I’ve played OG like 10 times.

I heard that they really screwed up the Switch version of the game. Hopefully it's not too bad. I'm sure the PS4 and XB1 versions have no technical issues though.