Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Didn't feel like exploring Noctilum. Frye and Alexa had their recruitment Affinity Missions appear, Lao's first AfM, and I think the one for the Nopon migration to NLA appeared too, as did L's first- but it's severely beyond my capabilities. I did part of a quest in Noctilum, but because it required a collectible one NPC I stumbled on said could be found in the Weeping Whitewood further north, I held off on finishing it. Note- a no-guidance NPC's gossip info you can walk by told me a while ago the good outcome for this quest- pick the blue wire and not the red. I haven't found the NPC who purely by eavesdropping teaches you how to disarm a bomb for the good outcome on a different quest. 

There weren't any other new missions at this moment, except for Mia's first mission. It's very easy, all you have to do is buy her a basic weapon and a piece of armor. I gave her a hand-me-down for the weapon, she asked for Iron Blades (which she doesn't use once she joins b/c she uses a Knife not Dual Swords), and thats Elma's joining weapon. With Meredith and Co. open for business I rearmed Elma with Ether Dual Swords and Guns, I was considering Gemels- Beam Dual Guns- but nah, Pistolia look cool. I bought a Beam Shield for Lin and a new Raygun (I forget the Attribute) for Cross. My interest in new weapons b/c aesthetics and usefulness made me forget about the armor for Mia and I had to reenter the shop. I invested Miranium to get Meredith to level 2, which is a very small amount, I should be dumping it into AMs more frequently with how quickly I hit my cap again.

Irina's first Affinity Mission was a prerequisite for Chapter 5, so I got it done, it's short and easy. The other prereq was planting a probe at the entrance of Oblivia, which is so rudimentary I don't get why it was needed.

I immediately got on to Chapter 5 and took a short pleasure trip through Primordia because I wanted to, it was a better feel than quick traveling to the probe site. I killed Tourteau, the Delectable along a nearby stretch of beach off the straight path, and sprinted past some high-leveled Saltats I accidentally wandered into the territory of. Although a tiny bit lost, I reached Oblivia again, killed a peaceful few enemies at my level there for the sake of adding them to my Enemy Index, as I have with other nonaggressive enemies. A big proximity-aggro Falsaxum stomping along a path where you have to be mindful of it made fighting on said path not something I could do even if I wanted to. I killed Melanya, the Sound Sleeper a Suid Tyrant I spotted off near the entrance of Oblivia at night.

I reached the first two objective points in Oblivia and met the Ma-non. Elma expressed her first curiosities into the oddities of Mira. The destruction of three Zig turrets along the abyss called the Yawning Giant in Ganglion territory, this is an interesting mission. 

I found it somewhat difficult, average enemy level is about 18-21 for the areas you should be in, but a few enemies were stronger, the approach from the west for the southern two Zigs had a level 26 Pugilith Tyrant that was practically avoidable, I had to run past it. The number of aggressive enemies inside and out of Ganglion territory was worrisome, and being all at or a few above my level made me want to avoid combat when possible, but I gave in and did a good bit of battle when I felt I wouldn't aggro too many or too strong at once. The positive side of this was that enemies on Mira tend to be very, very nearsighted, so skirting vision ranges is problematic only when it's very narrow. Ironically, the Zig targets of this mission are a mere level 16 and have very weak sight range, in direct contrast to how they normally are.

I had the very bad luck of Electromagnetic Storms right when I approached the first and second Zigs, but as the nearest Landmark was a distance away, I went all in and chose to destroy them with the constant orange ticks of my depleting HP that wouldn't recover after battle. I'm amazed that I never came close to dying and smash both Zigs effortlessly. I got the first Zig, I chose the northern one, by approaching from the west, I intended to go clockwise to kill the other two. But on reaching Mesa Fortress, I thought the east approach was a little dubious, influenced I was by a speech bubble at a base camp nearby saying the Ganglion stronghold had two tiers and that the higher one was safer. So I warped back to the entrance of Oblivia and went in from there. I probed a site within Ganglion territory after some screwups on approaching the second Zig. Part of the problem was I was controlling Lao and left his starting gear on him- it's Skell Wear and the 60% Gravity resistance was trash because no enemy uses it this early and the -20% Resistance to everything else except Physical was hideously bad. I fixed his gear and Fashion'ed on his starter stuff. I couldn't determine the elevation of the third Zig, the Aerial Cam didn't help, but the minimap told me it had to be either above or below. Wanting to avoid a few enemies, I started jumping up a cliff, only to aggro the Zig and nobody but Lao had the range to hit it, it took some time, but miraculously Lao solo'ed in the time it took for it in two Secondary Cooldowned Afterburners and little extra, I had expected to die.

With the Zigs gone, I warped back to the Ma-non, who have in their intro expressed their general personality without a load of exposition and I like that. Went off to the boss battle that was but three Qmoevas, I thought it would be four, but Elma destroyed one with nothing more than some gunfire. First impression from the damage I was taking was that it would be tougher than I assumed. Yet the first one I destroyed turned out to be the leader and the other two put up less of a fight. The battle over, I awaited that moment, that awareness which had made me want to rush this chapter.

Automatically returned to NLA and then concluding things outside BLADE Tower, I took in all that was said. I wanted to facepalm at one line. A separate line said the Samaar Federation is 6 million lightyears in size. BLADE Tower reads 41% now, a month is nearly gone since Cross woke up. The remaining seven chapters fits into two months.

Xenos have begun their arrival in NLA, yay for a fuller and more harmonious world and Candid and Credible's gear. Cross during Chapter 5 finished Psycorruptor and is now a Class Rank 6 Mastermind, this astounds me, clearly my choice to use Longsword-Assault Rifle and never ever experiment in my first playthrough misled me to think Class EXP gain was glacial when it's the opposite. Cross will wrap up Knife + Raygun and jump to Blast Fencer shortly. After that and Galactic Knight, they'll take up Commando-Winged Viper for the Hellhound skill.

Most importantly, Overdrive is unlocked! The once and never again Elma's Advice pop up told me it exists and absolutely nothing else. Great, I'll try it. And having no understanding what it does by the time it ends, I'll think it was a total waste of 3000 precious TP. Which it will have been because if you don't put the right effort into it, Overdrive really is worthless. As I attained enlightenment on Overdrive in the postgame of my first run, I should be able to break the universe from this moment on. I'm confident that tomorrow that when I try out Elma in Overdrive first thing, that I will be successful in creating an infinite Overdrive with her.

Now I can relax and explore Mira and recruit everyone else who I can. All I was waiting for was Overdrive, who needs Skells when superhuman reflexes are capable of eradicating every enemy from tiniest Blatta to a Xern?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

49 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Recruiting Mia isnt fun at all. You have to jump through so many hoops! I dont even think she's that useful, TBH.

It's hard to be useful when Cross outshines the rest. And it's hard to be useful when you're not available until after Chapter 11 of 12. If this were FE, she'd have to be an Est who gets 5 points in every stat with each level to be useful. She is not significantly better than any other non-Cross character except Hope, ergo she's bad.

This said, she is playable, and therefore should be recruited. But I might not go and get her, because I don't intend to do the full Mira Survey this time, just through the story. The Ganglion Antropolis is harder than the main story, so Mia might never be recruited, and yet still pop up in the credits.

Besides 0.0000005 points for progressive gaming for having dead gay dads, Mia's only other good aspect is Beam Bomber- the strongest Raygun Art around, and it's effectively your real reward for everything you must do to recruit her.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Hmm, it's late, but I think I might see if I can get one of the few Normal difficulty S ranks I failed to get in AC5.

It's not like missions take that long, anyway. Specially in AC5. I swear, they feel so short, specially compared to 04 and Zero. Maybe the fact they manage to make a 27 missions campaign (technically 29) when both 04 and Zero are only 18 has to do with it, but still...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

The Teehee tide stops....oh wait...um...you guys should....drin...read more, yes, read more...um...classic literature...and, and genre fiction...yeah, that’s what I meant to say all along,

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It's hard to be useful when Cross outshines the rest. And it's hard to be useful when you're not available until after Chapter 11 of 12. If this were FE, she'd have to be an Est who gets 5 points in every stat with each level to be useful. She is not significantly better than any other non-Cross character except Hope, ergo she's bad.

This said, she is playable, and therefore should be recruited. But I might not go and get her, because I don't intend to do the full Mira Survey this time, just through the story. The Ganglion Antropolis is harder than the main story, so Mia might never be recruited, and yet still pop up in the credits.

Besides 0.0000005 points for progressive gaming for having dead gay dads, Mia's only other good aspect is Beam Bomber- the strongest Raygun Art around, and it's effectively your real reward for everything you must do to recruit her.

That's a good point, but even overall Cross excluded, she isnt that great. 

I don't blame you for not wanting to do that sidequest, it's a downright pain.

Well, Clarity Ray, is good In theory, healing status to the party just isnt as useful as it could be, not that Ether Def up is bad by any means.

*Wraith painfully drags his shattered body into the room. He mubbles incoherently for several minutes before speaking in plain sentences*... I know that I was evil, heinously evil, for suggesting to use that...satanic crossover...as a means of executing prisoners on Death Row, but The Roger The Paladin...that so called 'Paladin'... *starts insanely laughing in a maniacal fashion*

Edited by Wraith

Omg, I'm so lucky.

The money for the Switch was transferred back to my bank account for some reason.

That means I can cancel the order since my current Switch works (even not perfectly because of the joycon drift thing)

I was very unlucky........... as lucky at the same time in the past few days.

8 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Well folks, looks like an alcohol-deprived Wraith is a crazy Wraith.

*Wraith stops laughing and looks at twilitfalchion with his crazy eyes*

Ah, twilitfalchion, my old mate, amigo, friend and what have you...*insanely smiles*...did you hear what that hallowed, HOPELESSLY GOD FROSAKEN, 'Paladin' Roger told me? *Finishes the sentence with a smile that would leave even Pennywise the Clown sick with horror and fearful for his life*

Edited by Wraith

Gotta say, that whole shadow guild section in Tales of Berseria was awful. They gave me a list of three objectives, all of which had to be completed to progress the story. But, instead of letting me accept it all at once and do them all, i could only accept one at a time and after each objective was complete, i had to all the way back to the guild to report it before i could pick up a new one. They do give you some warp bottles but i honestly don't like it when skip travel is single-use. 

Also the story got really convinient shortly after. "We need four Greater Malakim in order to break the big magic barrier. Good thing we already have three, we weren't even trying to have them but here we are". *Shortly later* "Wow, amazing, we found a fourth Greater Malakim literally outside the barrier we needed to get into".

Anyways Magilou has officially joined the team.

*Still smiling in a way that would leave even Pennywise the Clown sick with horror and fearful for his life*

...Hee saaaaiiiiiddddd tooooooo meeeeeeee....

Your crime is torture against the code of the Geneva convention.
Your punishment is living in the very realm of the crossover you despise.

*Starts to laugh again as he cries bloody tears. His laughter soon turns into sobbing. Wraith at this point also starts to vomit blood as well. A group of men then come into the room, pick up Wraith's broken body, throwing it onto a table on wheels before strapping his writhing body down and wheeling Wraith out of the room.*

Edited by Wraith

7 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

bs8NWU8m_o.pngYour crime is torture against the code of the Geneva convention.
Your punishment is living in the very realm of the crossover you despise.

*Wraith's broken, hysterical laughter can be heard echoing in the distance*

2 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

How do I get the new character in Smash Ultimate?

I bought the fighter's pass and downloaded the update, but she's not shown in the character's selection.

She must be right of Byleth, right?

Which Fighter's Pass did you download? The second FP has Min Min.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Tough love xD

Yup. XD

I like how the characters slowly come to trust and rely on each other. And how that development stays consistent even through the side/character events.
And I'm gushing again. Don't mind me.

Ooh, I see...

Not that I'm really this since I don't care about the latest incomer (don't even know the game she's from), but 25 € for just 5 characters is really not a cool deal.

It bothers me more that only a set of characters can be purchased.

Of the newcomers so far only Joker was appealing.

I didn't need any of the others, was burnt money overall.

Edited by Falcom Knight