• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

And of course the rescue staff.

The most important item of the bunch, as she drops it, and weapon regen durability every map in this game (since durability is super low in general (max 10) and you can't buy anything. Money is used for making weapons stronger, and that's it).

Having a one use rescue every map is super good

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

What a deadly Bishop.

Also, I can't help but be humored by what seems to be an indoors map... with forts. What, are they clown-car esque fortresses?

They are Reinforcement points for the enemy. I capture them i stop reinforcements and get exp and gold if i capture them fast enough. Like in this map i have 5 more turns to get the exp and 8 more turns to get the gold.

The game does have Same turn reinforcements btw, BUT, and this is very important, it warns you a turn before they spawn with a big exclamation mark on where they will spawn

Edited by Shrimperor

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

They are Reinforcement points for the enemy. I capture them i stop reinforcements and get exp and gold if i capture them fast enough. Like in this map i have 5 more turns to get the exp and 8 more turns to get the gold.

The game does have Same turn reinforcements btw, BUT, and this is very important, it warns you a turn before they spawn with a big exclamation mark

I see. Well, it's still an amusing image due to the size discrepancy. Makes me think of Shining Force II, with the party's mobile base.

Aw, that takes away the fun of it!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

From what I know of its prior life as Clover/part of Capcom, Okami is somewhat heavier than the average 3D Zelda, but still within that oft-compared-to franchise's usual narrative ballpark. Viewtiful Joe is nonexistent for the story after the intro and before the conclusion. VJ2 I never played, but it appeared to increase the amount of story, but not by a whole lot.

So even before becoming Platinum, their games were very much "gameplay first, story last", with only the NieR games being pretty much the exception. Interesting.

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

buy them used

So long as it's a good price and not "$3 less than full".

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

meanwhile i am fighting this scary thing

LVxwlnV.png

That's just Yandere Eirika.

25 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Aw, that takes away the fun of it!

IMG_20200709_211146.jpg?width=431&height=431

Never thought i'd see someone describe ambush spawns as "fun".

Just now, Armagon said:

IMG_20200709_211146.jpg?width=431&height=431

Never thought i'd see someone describe ambush spawns as "fun".

To be fair, I'd rather not get into an argument about it. Well, too late now, I might have someone jump one me trying to tell me why I'm wrong or something like that...

But for the record, they've never bothered me, I've had no problem with them, I really just let it be when someone complains about them...

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

To be fair, I'd rather not get into an argument about it. Well, too late now, I might have someone jump one me trying to tell me why I'm wrong or something like that...

But for the record, they've never bothered me, I've had no problem with them, I really just let it be when someone complains about them...

Wasn't really trying to argue, i was just more surprised that you find them alright.

Just now, Armagon said:

Wasn't really trying to argue, i was just more surprised that you find them alright.

Oh, didn't say that.

But yes, I do. It is really that surprising?

Today really was not my day.
First, my printer gave up the ghost, then my grandmother hurt herself while cleaning. I stayed with her for pretty much the entire day and while I'm happy to spend time with her, seeing her hurt like that was not pleasant at all. Luckily, she avoided serious injury, but still.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

First, my printer gave up the ghost, then my grandmother hurt herself while cleaning. I stayed with her for pretty much the entire day and while I'm happy to spend time with her, seeing her hurt like that was not pleasant at all. Luckily, she avoided serious injury, but still.

I'm sorry to hear that happened! Is she doing okay? And you as well?

gPPiHp0.png

this fucking guy

Auto-intercepts anyone who comes in his range and attacks them. He also has a 3 range spear lul.

Ya know, something like this might actually make Armos useful in FE.

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Do take care of her and yourself, and be careful! 

I have my own experience with my granduncle. It's especially worrisome when they are stubborn (like my granduncle is) and never ask for help, so you always have to worry wether they are ok or not...

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

I'm sorry to hear that happened! Is she doing okay? And you as well?

Yeah, she's fine, comparatively. She has very weak bones, so it's almost a miracle nothing major happened to her. I'm still a little shaken by what happened, but also relieved that everything went comparatively well.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Do take care of her and yourself, and be careful! 

I have my own experience with my granduncle. It's especially worrisome when they are stubborn (like my granduncle is) and never ask for help, so you always have to worry wether they are ok or not...

Thank you, I will!
Yeah, my grandmother is stubbornness personified, so it's extra worrying when she does ask for help.

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

On a different note: what is this game?

A japanese SRPG studio game, Yggdrasill

https://www.freem.ne.jp/win/game/22967

I will just qoute what i said earlier today about it 😉

so yesterday everyone's random Shrimp decided to go and try some japanese SRPG studio titles (and tried to use a texthooker to tl, but that was a disaster)

First one i tried, called Yggdrasill, had the following: 

- Morale system. You get Hit/Avo/Crit bonus the better you do on player phase

- Weapon durability that regen every map, but have low durability instead (imagine 3H magic but on all weapons instead)

- 2-3 range bows

- 3H like danger lines

- Unit based skills instead of class based

- an assault system where units who didn't attack can move again in exchange for stats (reducing your def/res to 0). It's also somehow tied to the morale system, but can't figure out how yet xD 

One of my main problems with english srpg studio fangames is how they try to copy FE 1:1 most of the time, so i decided to check and see some jp ones. First one already lookin pretty cool (not using standard srpg studio art or assets, or gba ones for that matter, helps quite a bit in making the game more appealing)

Also early pegasi get's such a good skill. 100% evade next attack after defeating a unit. Kinda op, but i like xD

I've been mostly using google tl and my FE knowledge to go by, but i am honestly really enjoying it. It has some pretty neat ideas and gimmicks that aren't actually annoying, but instead have to work around.

Not to mention same turn reinforcements that actually seem kinda fair? xD

14 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Yeah, my grandmother is stubbornness personified, so it's extra worrying when she does ask for help.

Yeah. I wish old people would be less stubborn sometimes. 

Just now, Shrimperor said:

I've been mostly using google tl and my FE knowledge to go by, but i am honestly really enjoying it. It has some pretty neat ideas and gimmicks that aren't actually annoying, but instead have to work around.

Sounds interesting! From the screenshots you showed, it looks pretty good, too.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Whoever made that game has accomplished a miracle.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Yeah. I wish old people would be less stubborn sometimes.

Now, to be fair, I can be pretty stubborn myself. I probably got that from her.
But yeah, I agree.

11 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Now, to be fair, I can be pretty stubborn myself. I probably got that from her.

While true, age also matters.

It really annoys me everytime i find my granduncle carrying heavy bag on the street because he didn't give me a call to go to him (i just need 20 min. with S-Bahn). Or when he needs something instead of calling help he does it himself and ends being hurt (which more times than not leads to me calling ambulance...)

Sounds interesting! From the screenshots you showed, it looks pretty good, too

The map i am currently in has one side with very scary enemies...

But, if you clear the brige on the other side, you get access to 2 tiles that increase your magic range by 8 (and mag stat itself by 6), which should allow me to clear that scary side pretty easily...

however, on a 3rd side there is an archer with 10 range, that i can hopefully rush with my flier to take out (by using assault i would sacrifice def and res for a turn, but get basically +7 mov) then rescue her out with my staffer. Not to mention my flier has perfect avoid after defeating an enemy...

The map before it had a boss that reduced my Max HP of all units by 1 every turn, so i had to act faaaaaast.

It's some cool stuff ngl

E1NWBhG.png

Also having a witch is always a plus. A witch with a 3 Range prf tome <3, but reduced inventory space. I never say no to witches

Edited by Shrimperor

26 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

While true

Hey! XD

It really annoys me everytime i find my granduncle carrying heavy bag on the street because he didn't give me a call to go to him (i just need 20 min. with S-Bahn). Or when he needs something instead of calling help he does it himself and ends being hurt (which more times than not leads to me calling ambulance...)

That's rough. Especially that you have to actually call an ambulance for him...
I know how that feels (not the ambulance part, luckily). Just last week, I asked my grandmother over the phone if she needs any groceries I could buy for her. She said "no, I'm good".
The next day, I'm on the phone with my grandfather and what does he tell me? "Yeah, [grandmother] was buying groceries yesterday."
I just shook my head.

The map i am currently in has one side with very scary enemies...

But, if you clear the brige on the other side, you get access to 2 tiles that increase your magic range by 8 (and mag stat itself by 6), which should allow me to clear that scary side pretty easily...

Thyrsus tiles. Neat!

however, on a 3rd side there is an archer with 10 range, that i can hopefully rush with my flier to take out (by using assault i would sacrifice def and res for a turn, but get basically +7 mov) then rescue her out with my staffer. Not to mention my flier has perfect avoid after defeating an enemy...

The map before it had a boss that reduced my Max HP of all units by 1 every turn, so i had to act faaaaaast.

It's some cool stuff ngl

Sounds like it! IntSys could stand to learn a thing or two from that.

E1NWBhG.png

The lord's (?) portrait there makes him look either incredibly bored or incredibly annoyed. XD

Edited by DragonFlames

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Hey! XD

493647301676630017.png?v=1

I didn't mean it like that though xD

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I know how that feels (not the ambulance part, luckily). Just last week, I asked my grandmother over the phone if she needs any groceries I could buy for her. She said "no, I'm good".
The next day, I'm on the phone with my grandfather and what does he tell me? "Yeah, [grandmother] was buying groceries yesterday."
I just shook my head.

So trueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

''you need anything?'' ''nah am good''

*few hours later*

''oh i was just shopping''

🤦‍♂️

10 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Sounds like it! IntSys could stand to learn a thing or two from that

I said it before, and i say it again: So much more can be done with FE. Thankfully, FE16 was a step in the right direction when it comes to mechaincs. Hopefully they build upon that...

Although, they might scare more traditional FE fans away who prefer everything simple.

The lord's (?) portrait there makes him look either incredibly bored or incredibly annoyed. XD

I wish i understood the Story tbh xD. My google-fu is not strong enough for that, and trying to text hook was a messy affair xD

Since you mentioned the lord though, my main complaint about that game is that both lords are Sword lords...

Spoiler

7ZVRu5I.pngCv3Fhgf.png

Atleast Male MC get's a cool Nosferatu Sword as his prf. Fem MC is stuck with an old rapier, sadly...

But in the grand scheme of things, that's a very minor complaint xD

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

493647301676630017.png?v=1

I didn't mean it like that though xD

It's all good! I was joking.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

So trueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

''you need anything?'' ''nah am good''

*few hours later*

''oh i was just shopping''

🤦‍♂️

Can be quite facepalm-inducing, yeah. I still love 'em both!

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I said it before, and i say it again: So much more can be done with FE. Thankfully, FE16 was a step in the right direction when it comes to mechaincs. Hopefully they build upon that...

Yes, definitely!

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I wish i understood the Story tbh xD. My google-fu is not strong enough for that, and trying to text hook was a messy affair xD

Maybe one day, it'll have a translation. If it gets popular enough, it might!

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Since you mentioned the lord though, my main complaint about that game is that both lords are Sword lords...

Reveal hidden contents

7ZVRu5I.pngCv3Fhgf.png

Atleast Male MC get's a cool Nosferatu Sword as his prf. Fem MC is stuck with an old rapier, sadly...

But in the grand scheme of things, that's a very minor complaint xD

One looks bored, the other pissed off. Now THAT's a combination.
Also, the male lord has a sword in his inventory that's literally called "Satan II", if my Katakana reading skills don't fail me. That's probably his Nosferatu Sword.

Plain old Rapier vs. Nosferatu sword... no wonder female MC (named Arisu, or Alice, most likely) is so pissed. XD
One of her swords is called "Mercurius II".

27 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Can be quite facepalm-inducing, yeah. I still love 'em both!

👍

Maybe one day, it'll have a translation.

It's a free japanese game. I don't think that will ever happen haha.

Also, the male lord has a sword in his inventory that's literally called "Satan II", if my Katakana reading skills don't fail me. That's probably his Nosferatu Sword.

yeah. The ''II'' refers to Sword lvl. You can upgrade your weapon/item level by paying money (since there's no item shopping anyway)

One of her swords is called "Mercurius II".

That's your plain old rapier, if my google Fu is right xD

Edited by Shrimperor

I got that hoverboard thing in Tales of Berseria. Ngl, i think i was a bit underwhelmed by it. It's nice that it speeds up travel but i don't like needing to find the activation point in each area in order to actually use it.