Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Okay, went to the Faerie Palace. Got the Gold Orb after a trip to the past. It's an interesting detail how, silent protagonist and all, Madason does talk when talking to his NPC version in both scenes. So you can hear the full conversation. Also, totally can't fight fate, as Pankraz dismisses his son from the future's warning about Coburg. Oh well!

Other treasure to get was the Princess's Robe. Has the best breath protection (both fire and ice) the game can offer, but only Madchen can equip it (well, she and any other female human party member, but right now she's the only present). Well, that's alright. It's also her best equipment raw defense wise. She might just keep it for the rest of the game, as it is.

Well, that was for tonight. Next step is returning to Zenithia to make it fly again. Though that's for next time...

• Replies 176.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

9 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

It's a free japanese game. I don't think that will ever happen haha.

That's a damn shame.

yeah. The ''II'' refers to Sword lvl. You can upgrade your weapon/item level by paying money (since there's no item shopping anyway)

I see! I was wondering what that was about. So basically, it's just like the +2 and so on upgrades some other JRPGs use, albeit with plain old money instead of materials.
Makes sense, makes sense!

That's your plain old rapier, if my google Fu is right xD

In that case, Mercurius got a serious downgrade from its "strongest sword in Archanea" status. XD

1 hour ago, Falcom Knight said:

I did some incredible crime in Fire Emblem Heroes.

Ashnard or rather Rajaion ate my copy of Ingrid for the B skill.

She wanted to become a general, but at the end she became dinner.

Means Ingrid followed Petrine's footprints.

RIP Ingrid

---

@Shrimperor @twilitfalchion My grandmother says thanks for worrying about her.

hZZOHB6.jpg

Me and playing bad games.

This is a try to get into RPGs from the 90s.

Though it miserably fails due to one mechanic I absolutely despise: random encounters

And the worse: You can't escape them.

Idk if it is the case in old Dragon Quest or Tales games.

They don't only slow down the game, but they also break the player's rhythm.

People can praise these games, but this one mechanic disqualifies them all for me.

Edited by Falcom Knight

1 hour ago, Falcom Knight said:

For Dragon Quest, the modern ports of VII and VIII remove random encounters, but every game beforehand sticks to them even in their modern rereleases. Of older Tales, I've only played Phantasia the originator, but it wouldn't surprise me if all 2D Tales have random encounters.

You can run away in FFVII. And VIII lets you get Enc-None (Encounter-None) fairly early even though it's very missable. But if you dislike random encounter that much, no point in trying to like these games then.

2 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

It has to be said she wore just a stupid looking two-part.

Hmmm. She had to look a little more dignified in summerwear, rather than all-out provocative (which totally wouldn't be her).

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You can run away in FFVII. And VIII lets you get Enc-None (Encounter-None) fairly early even though it's very missable. But if you dislike random encounter that much, no point in trying to like these games then.

How can I run away?

I didn't see a flee / retreat command.

Hmmm. She had to look a little more dignified in summerwear, rather than all-out provocative (which totally wouldn't be her).

This is true, but I don't even know what this is suppossed to be.

Half cut through spaghetti trap?

I've never ever seen something like this in real life.

Though I guess it applies to lot of things in anime.

Edited by Falcom Knight

7 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

How can I run away?

I didn't see a flee / retreat command.

Hold down the shoulder buttons on whatever controller you're using, if the characters turn around, you've done it. You'll get a message if you can't run away, but otherwise after a few seconds you should escape.

But don't be concerned if you can't get into the "classics", not all gamers need be video game archivists and historians, the same way it is not mandatory that anyone who enjoys cinema sit through Citizen Kane, Dr. Zhivago and other black and white junk from Hollywood's "Golden Age".

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

25 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Hold down the shoulder buttons on whatever controller you're using, if the characters turn around, you've done it. You'll get a message if you can't run away, but otherwise after a few seconds you should.

Oooh, thanks!

It took some seconds, but it worked!

It takes so long that I still can do these fights.

Besides the random encounters I hardly can see where to go since the camera angles are so awkward that I can easily miss little holes where to go through.

Maybe I should play the remake then.

Anyways it was just a little excursion.

I really don't tend to play the game seriously as other games from this series.

It feels slow and clunky, not something I could enjoy for multiple hours.

The game and series might be good for people who grew up with JRPG gameplay from the 90s.

I didn't, so I let them aside.

I don't know if the remake changed things.

Edited by Falcom Knight

32 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I think he is playing them on the switch, where on the switch, FFVIII has an enc none button combo built into it, so the ability is useless.

Edited by lightcosmo

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

My grandmother says thanks for worrying about her.

AS003452_02.gif

My grandparents are the same. Especially my grandfather, who still works two jobs at 85. He's gotten himself into some rough situations because he was so intent on taking care of things himself.

Edited by twilitfalchion

41 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

Oooh, thanks!

It took some seconds, but it worked!

It takes so long that I still can do these fights.

Besides the random encounters I hardly can see where to go since the camera angles are so awkward that I can easily miss little holes where to go through.

Maybe I should play the remake then.

Anyways it was just a little excursion.

I really don't tend to play the game seriously as other games from this series.

It feels slow and clunky, not something I could enjoy for multiple hours.

The game and series might be good for people who grew up with JRPG gameplay from the 90s.

I didn't, so I let them aside.

I don't know if the remake changed things.

The remake is hardly the same game at all.

Also, it isn't even a complete game yet, just the first portion of it.

The original FFVII is one of my least favorites for good reason, I think VIII is superior in pretty much every way.

XbJgaMO.png

454055493821005824.png?v=1

26 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

He's gotten himself into some rough situations because he was so intent on taking care of things himself.

I think they don't like to rely on people as to not feel too old? Also to not feel as a burden, i guess?

12 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

The remake is hardly the same game at all.

Also, it isn't even a complete game yet, just the first portion of it.

The original FFVII is one of my least favorites for good reason, I think VIII is superior in pretty much every way.

What does it mean exactly?

Will it get sequel(s).

I only have played VI before for a very little bit which was at least easier to make progress because I couldn't remember having issues with the camera angles.

I cancelled because there was one boss I didn't understand at all.

Though I have to say the main character in VII appeals me more.

In general I can't think any Final Fantasy game will appeal me unless the game mechanics have been changed significantly through the years.

Edited by Falcom Knight

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I think they don't like to rely on people as to not feel too old? Also to not feel as a burden, i guess?

Yeah, I think so. If he could, my grandfather would do his jobs on his own to feel as useful as possible, but his physical ability has gotten to the point where my cousin has to help him out.

Just now, Falcom Knight said:

What does it mean exactly?

Will it get sequel(s).

I only have played VI before for a very little bit which was at least easier to make progress on because I couldn't remember having issues with the camera angles.

I cancelled because there was one boss it didn't understand at all.

Though I have to say the main character in VII appeals me more.

The game only covers the Midgar portion of the game. You know how you explore the world map and such? They haven't even gotten that far yet, just past the Shinra building portion is as far as the game goes.

You mean Cloud? I'm on the opposite end, obviously.

Then I don't really understand the point of the remake if it's just a little fragment of the original game.

Can't judge about the main characters.

At least VII's start of the story was more intense and Cloud seems to be a badass guy.

Wait, now that I remember, wasn't Cloud in a FE romhack?

I'm fairly sure I played as this guy before (aside of Smash).

5 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

Then I don't really understand the point of the remake if it's just a little fragment of the original game.

Can't judge about the main characters.

At least VII's start of the story was more intense and Cloud seems to be a badass guy.

Wait, now that I remember, wasn't Cloud in a FE romhack?

I'm fairly sure I played as this guy before (aside of Smash).

Well, they obviously want it to be big, so they crammed a lot in the first portion, which is about 50 hours of gameplay, and now they are working on the second part.

I suppose the point is to let you experience the game even though it's a small portion.

I just don't like Cloud, he's very boring to me.

9 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

Learning how to use the hoverboard perfectly is essential for post game.

As long as there isn't anything indoors. I found it weird you could even use the hoverboard in indoor places such as Faldias and Titania but it's basically useless there because of how tight the turns can be.

9 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

ze2iOi6.jpg

I would be able to eat it within a day.

Was honestly caught off guard by this lmao.

3 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

iirc, you could escape battles in Tales of Phantasia PS1 by just running to the edges. I think. It's been a while.

Kids these days, not having the patience for random encounters...

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

iirc, you could escape battles in Tales of Phantasia PS1 by just running to the edges. I think. It's been a while.

I think it was running against the edge and pressing L or R, depending on where you're escaping.

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

pUuh0gW.png

100 crit prf sword.

*Rutger intensifies*

Buster Blade is busted.
His face even says "I'm about to crit ya! Hehehehehe!"

2 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

My grandparents are the same. Especially my grandfather, who still works two jobs at 85. He's gotten himself into some rough situations because he was so intent on taking care of things himself.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

I think Shrimpy hit the nail on the head here.

---

As for me, I started playing the DS version of Dragon Quest V. One thing that immediately stands out is the music that is pretty great (though the battle theme is on the "meh" side of things, to be honest), and the environments, which look pretty. I'm not that far into it yet, but it seems like a fun little game.