Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

9 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I honestly didn’t think much of FF7 when I played it, although I know I’m in the minority when it comes to my opinion on the game.

I just didn't have much interest in it.

• Replies 177.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

7 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I’m in agreement with you Caster, like I’ve been saying FF6 wasn’t a headache to play due to any glitches.

Honestly probably the best example I can think of for a game currently being very glitchy and buggy is the Rehydrated version of Battle for Bikini Bottom, even if you don't care about my silly spongebob game I think it's an apt example.
The original game had a lot of giant glitches that allowed you to do stupid things, but i don't think it's fair to call it a glitchy mess... since you need to do like 3 other exploits to even be able to do said giant glitches.
And then the remake I've seen people have glitches just by playing the game.
And the remake having spaghetti coding:
Original: Complete three of these trials to get reward
Remake: Can complete trial, die, and redo it twice, game registers reward still, because 1+1+1 = 3
Or
Original: Can do a frame-perfect glitch to do something unintended
Remake: Same effect you can literally just do it, you don't even need to try and it's very intrusive if it does happen.

Edited by Caster

6 minutes ago, Caster said:

Honestly probably the best example I can think of for a game currently being very glitchy and buggy is the Rehydrated version of Battle for Bikini Bottom, even if you don't care about my silly spongebob game I think it's an apt example.
The original game had a lot of giant glitches that allowed you to do stupid things, but i don't think it's fair to call it a glitchy mess... since you need to do like 3 other exploits to even be able to do said giant glitches.
And then the remake I've seen people have glitches just by playing the game.
And the remake having spaghetti coding:
Original: Complete three of these trials to get reward
Remake: Can complete trial, die, and redo it twice, game registers reward still, because 1+1+1 = 3
Or
Original: Can do a frame-perfect glitch to do something unintended
Remake: Same effect you can literally just do it, you don't even need to try and it's very intrusive if it does happen.

Oh wow. XD

That reminds me that I had the Spongebob Movie game when that movie was in theaters way back in the day. That was a fun game. I've... never actually managed to beat it. *cough*
The movie was great, though! I especially loved that Twisted Sister "I wanna rock" parody song at the end.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

The movie was great, though! I especially loved that Twisted Sister "I wanna rock" parody song at the end.

Seeing it was actually the earliest memory I have of going to the movies as a kid. 2004...wow.

Wow I feel old.

Haha, gotta love square enixs humor.

What begins with "S, and ends with X?" Then they proceed to say not to think dirty. That's funny.

Edited by lightcosmo

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Haha, gotta love square enixs humor.

What begins with "S, and ends with X?" Then they proceed not to think dirty. That's funny.

...I’m probably hell-bound for this one. 

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Seeing it was actually the earliest memory I have of going to the movies as a kid. 2004...wow.

The first movie I ever saw in theaters was the first Pokémon movie back in 2000.
... 20 years ago.

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Wow I feel old.

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Yeesh, I really suck at Pokemon.

I gave SoulSilver a try on the DS and couldn't get into it. The gameplay was waaaay too slow and the controls felt stiff and unresponsive. I also didn't really know what I was supposed to do, so...

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I gave SoulSilver a try on the DS and couldn't get into it. The gameplay was waaaay too slow and the controls felt stiff and unresponsive. I also didn't really know what I was supposed to do, so...

The DS pokemon games are all slow. I would recommend any other Pokemon games.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, which one?

Pokemon Crystal clear, a mod of pokemon crystal. 

Edited by lightcosmo

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I beat Soul Silver. It was okay.

4 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Random encounters = insta drop tbh

I don't mind them but i don't like them either.

But some games aren't as obnoxious with it.

3 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

I think Octopath Traveler had them too, but I quitted it because I couldn't beat the first boss (which was a 1 vs. 1 fight btw).

Octopath Traveler is just not designed for solo combat, which can make the beginning hours on the support-based characters tricky. But it doesn't help that the bosses are an HP sponge.

Honestly, i didn't get the game for this reason, also the character interactions being non-existent.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Flashbacks to trying to navigate the unknown territory of Gormott with a level 81 and level 72 OP enemy around that can just engage you in battle whenever and disable your minimap that way, so you're basically flying blind while panicking AND their attacks can hit you from anywhere, so you'll die 100% if they spot you.

uLztnDW.gif

You can't escape. Embrace oblivion.

51 minutes ago, Caster said:

I feel like if you are aggressive about a game because of people who are the worst in fandoms (btw, every game's fandom has someone like this) isn't especially fair. Since every series, game, etc. has people like that, I don't think it's good to justify something because of someone like that when I could say that for literally any game that exists.

Agreed. Judging something by how the fanbase acts is just small brain. You can enjoy something and completely disreagrd the community.

If i judged things by how the fanbase acted, i wouldn't want to touch Persona 5 with a 30-foot pole.

17 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

The earliest memory i have of going to the movies was seeing Shark Boy and Lava Girl in 2005. But this was in Venezuela so i saw the Spanish dub.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

The earliest memory i have of going to the movies was seeing Shark Boy and Lava Girl in 2005. But this was in Venezuela so i saw the Spanish dub.

I’m so old...

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Agreed. Judging something by how the fanbase acts is just small brain. You can enjoy something and completely disreagrd the community.

If i judged things by how the fanbase acted, i wouldn't want to touch Persona 5 with a 30-foot pole.

Are you directing that at me?

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Are you directing that at me?

No, this was a general statement. I too am guilty of judging things by the fanbase. I don't do it anymore but i have done it.

Sorry if i offended you, it was not my intention.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

No, this was a general statement. I too am guilty of judging things by the fanbase. I don't do it anymore but i have done it.

Sorry if i offended you, it was not my intention.

No, your right, I was wrong and I'm really sorry if I hurt anyones feelings.

Edited by lightcosmo