• Fira.
  • Firaga.

—Tetsuya Nomura, from a FB post in 2017

Hahaha, that's great!

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

uLztnDW.gif

You can't escape. Embrace oblivion.

*PTSD*

Funny memes aside, I'm iffy toward that particular aspect of Xenoblade.
I was this close to dropping Xenoblade 2 after my third or so run-in with Rotbart. Those bird monsters didn't help matters, either (although these were only level 16 or so, it was still enough to kill me in the beginning stages).
If I hadn't been so mesmerized by how beautiful everything looked and intrigued by how the story would unfold from there (or if I was in a bad mood that time), I probably would have gone through with it, too.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Firaja: Am I a joke to you?

*Megaflare intensifies*

12 minutes ago, Strullemia said:

Wraith will eventually have a fistfight on a boat with his rival?

Damn.

...But...but I already stabbed the crossover...that thing...to death with a broken bottle.

13 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

No, your right, I was wrong and I'm really sorry if I hurt anyones feelings.

It's fine.

_____

To cheer up up the mood, imma post one of my favorite songs.

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Funny memes aside, I'm iffy toward that particular aspect of Xenoblade.
I was this close to dropping Xenoblade 2 after my third or so run-in with Rotbart. Those bird monsters didn't help matters, either (although these were only level 16 or so, it was still enough to kill me in the beginning stages).

I will admit, Gormott kinda handles it a bit rough. If we compare it to the Bionis' Leg in Xenoblade 1, Rotbart is still there but he's a lot slower moving until he spots you and any of the high-level enemies are more off the beaten path (so no Lv.72 bird flying around). You also have a wider area to avoid him in. I realized this as i was playing through DE.

Edited by Armagon

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

👁️

Shrimpyyyyy.... gotta new sig idea I wanna ask about... *grabs rope and duct tape*

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

will admit, Gormott kinda handles it a bit rough. If we compare it to the Bionis' Leg in Xenoblade 1, Rotbart is still there but he's a lot slower moving until he spots you and any of the high-level enemies are more off the beaten path (so no Lv.72 bird flying around). You also have a wider area to avoid him in. I realized this as i was playing through DE.

Still, I have to really wonder what Monolith Soft was thinking with that one.
"Hey, thanks for playing our game! ... NOW GET THE F*** OUTTA HERE!!!" XD

Just now, Shrimperor said:

*peeks in*

*spots Shrimpy*
p1Z1WDc.png

---
Speaking of favorite songs:
I am the note of my song...
Lyrics are my body, instruments are my blood...
yada, yada, yada
So, as I sing...
UNLIMITED BLADE WORKS .... 's Opening Theme!

7 minutes ago, Caster said:

Shrimpyyyyy.... gotta new sig idea I wanna ask about... *grabs rope and duct tape*

Gimme the pics

Or the ideas

Fast beforw i start XBDE and you never see me again

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

*spots Shrimpy*
p1Z1WDc.png

Tutturu!

7 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Speaking of DE, what are the changes the updates made?

Fixed the issue with Future Connected's subtitles and some of the OG songs not playing properly. Also removed the Tephra Cave glitch (damn) and i believe it expanded some of the display options.

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Still, I have to really wonder what Monolith Soft was thinking with that one.

I think it's part of why Xenoblade worlds end up feeling so alive. Just because you've reached a new area doesn't mean that the enemies there will all bow down to your level. Some are just stronger than others and it ain't neccisarily the Unique Monsters. Makes it feel like there's a genuine ecosystem.

Of course, the easiest anwser is that Xenoblade gameplay is clearly inspired by MMOs and "high-level enemies in low-level areas" is something found in MMOs. Pretty sure.

Not to denounce any criticisms you might have over this sort of thing but this is my explanation as to why Xenoblade does this in every game.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I think it's part of why Xenoblade worlds end up feeling so alive. Just because you've reached a new area doesn't mean that the enemies there will all bow down to your level. Some are just stronger than others and it ain't neccisarily the Unique Monsters. Makes it feel like there's a genuine ecosystem.

Of course, the easiest anwser is that Xenoblade gameplay is clearly inspired by MMOs and "high-level enemies in low-level areas" is something found in MMOs. Pretty sure.

Not to denounce any criticisms you might have over this sort of thing but this is my explanation as to why Xenoblade does this in every game.

That explanation makes sense to me!
I just feel like they could have implemented it a little better that doesn't lead to those egregious frustrations for first time players.
Final Fantasy XII, for example, has an OP enemy right in the first area (level 29, when everything else is like level 1-4 or something), but the thing never attacks you unless you target it first.
Or just make it so you can actually escape from them instead of being on your deathbed the instant they notice you.

---
I kinda want to comission Shrimpy for one of those signature things, too, but at the same time, I don't want to burden him with stuff when he'd rather be doing other things.

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Gimme the pics

Or the ideas

Fast beforw i start XBDE and you never see me again

I'm sorry don't die just so you don't have to talk to me 😧

Tamamo, Nera (name is Flora in JP) from DQV, and Makoto Niijima for probably my overall favorite girls, I suppose.
If Makoto doesn't fit well with color theme Tailtiu is fine too.

Also please don't if it's a bother, I felt bad about asking and I was trying to pass it off as a joke so you had a reason to not do it

Edited by Caster

3 minutes ago, Caster said:

Tamamo, Nera (name is Flora in JP) from DQV, and Makoto Niijima for probably my overall favorite girls, I suppose.
If Makoto doesn't fit well with color theme Tailtiu is fine too.

...since i don't know this girls except for Tamamo, can you send me some pics?

3 minutes ago, Caster said:

Also please don't if it's a bother, I felt bad about asking and I was trying to pass it off as a joke so you had a reason to not do it

nah, dw.

It's true that i will be starting XB anytime soon though.

12 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Tutturu right back!

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

...since i don't know this girls except for Tamamo, can you send me some pics?

nah, dw.

It's true that i will be starting XB anytime soon though.

Sure, I am a bit out of it, so it might be a few.
You don't know Tailtiu? I'm just joking, I know I made that as a "just in case"