Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

14 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Not at all. Both you and Caster helped clear things up for a Fate scrub like me.

Read the fucking VN!!

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 minutes ago, Caster said:

Read the VN!!

I couldn't if I wanted to. I'm a Mac user. Realta Nua only released on PS2 and Windows from what I read.

EDIT: And Vita, which I also don't own.

Edited by twilitfalchion

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Anyway, time to play Legend of the Monado: Shulk in the Forest

Ah, Makna, my least favorite point in the game, gameplay and storyline wise.

Please forgive my heresy @Armagon and @Falcom Knight but I personally don't like Melia as a character.

Edited by lightcosmo

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Have fun!

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Ah, Makna, my least favorite point in the game, gameplay and storyline wise.

Please forgive my heresy @Armagon and @Falcom Knight but I personally don't like Melia as a character.

...I wonder whose side i shall be on after i finish the game xD

Gimme 2 Weeks or so

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

...I wonder whose side i shall be on after i finish the game xD

Gimme 2 Weeks or so

Well, I don't want to try and sway your opinion, so I won't state my personal reasons as to why, but hopefully you like her character. It sucks not liking characters from a game you love playing.

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Well, I don't want to try and sway your opinion, so I won't state my personal reasons as to why, but hopefully you like her character. It sucks not liking characters from a game you love playing.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Just now, DragonFlames said:

I agree wholeheartedly.

Yup, even worse when you really like their design, and then their character personality just isn't for you. Or vice versa, either way.

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Well, to me, if I don't like the main character, it's very hard to get into the game. There are exceptions, of course, that's just how I feel.

Luke fon Fabre from Tales of the Abyss. At least Tear is such an awesome contrast to Luke's jackass personality.

I suppose it's not fair the judge that way, but I cant help feeling that way. Not that the other characters arent important, but you are stuck with the main character most of the time, so you'd better get used to them.

10 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Yup, even worse when you really like their design, and then their character personality just isn't for you. Or vice versa, either way.

Indeed.
For example, I like IF's design, but I just... I hate her attitude so darn much.

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

it's not as bad for me unless the character is the focus of the game...

Some might already know who i am talking about xD

Rhymes with Shean Roarzer

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Well, to me, if I don't like the main character, it's very hard to get into the game. There are exceptions, of course, that's just how I feel.

Otsuu from Mary Skelter 2 fits this description so darn well.
She made me quit the game.

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

Luke fon Fabre from Tales of the Abyss. At least Tear is such an awesome contrast to Luke's jackass personality.

For me, it's more the opposite. Luke's part 1 arrogance and selfishness is different, and I'm not quite opposed to it, knowing the whiplash shift in the later two parts to self-deprecation that is in its own way selfish because merely saying "Oh, I'm so terrible, so terrible" and not acting to change that is unproductive vanity. (Similarly, I don't loathe TearRing Saga's Holmes's asscave behavior, I won't defend his treatment of Katri at all and would rather ship him with a bisexual plural-married-to-Sierra Shigen while letting Xeno marry both Juni and Katri, but there was refreshment in Holmes personality compared to the usual kind of FE lord.)

Tear... her voice acting is appropriately unemotional for her character, but the VA hurts my impression of her just the same, considering there are moments when she is supposed to be emotional. Being Van's sister and having conflicting emotions about fighting him isn't enthralling to me when Van has the flavor of moldy drywall. Tear has a personal foe in Legretta among the God Generals, but Legretta is the worst of the group, so this helps the lead heroine not one bit.

Maybe my opinion on Tear would be better if I remembered more of ToAb, I'm sure she has a few good moments, but the serious stuff I more distinctly remember doesn't do her well.

5 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

I've thought about writing in that thread a few times, but never really found a prompt that caught my attention. I do have a couple of ideas about patriotism and FE though, but I probably still won't participate.

Mine would be more in the likes of writing AH. Hence the "not quite worthwhile part".