Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Have they gotten into disputes like that in the past?

Oh yes. Can't fully say as I don't remember it all, but this has to be the first time a single prompt is triggering more than one dispute.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But want a top-tier Augment at XX quality? How about Potential Boost XX to make your Tension Arts deal ungodly damage? That'll be 48 Nutritious Microbes, 48 Clear Gerrid Soups, 48 Gularthian Everflames (Gularths are those magma giants in Cauldros), and of course 18 Bonjelliums from Cauldros + 2000 Miranium. Thats for one Augment, if you want a full set of Potential Boost XX for OHKO superbosses level of damage, you'll have to multiply those 48s by 5.

Geez. So Aux Cores are just a very streamlined process of Augment crafting then. Although the Reward Tickets definitly help speed things up.

19 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I think the lack of symmetry makes it look fashionable to a degree.
But I don't know the first thing about fashion, so wtf am I even talking about?

Aysmmetry can work but i think it's better when used on the upper portion of the body. On the lower side, it doesn't work as well.

Cause here, Ryza has a long boot on one leg and a normal boot on the other.

29 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Aysmmetry can work but i think it's better when used on the upper portion of the body. On the lower side, it doesn't work as well.

Cause here, Ryza has a long boot on one leg and a normal boot on the other.

Fair point.

I'm trying to think of a character from a game who is in a similar "situation", so to speak, because I swear I have seen something like that before, but I no one comes to mind at the moment.

Okay, played some more AC5. Didn't attempt to get those missing S ranks yet. Just tried to see if I could grind the kill bar on some planes to unlock some others.

Too many points needed. Apparently playing on higher difficulties grants a multiplier for the kill bar, so perhaps I should try that next time.

Or maybe I should just head straight to ACZ.

I DID IT.

I HECKING DID IT.

I FINALLY KILLED DEGHINSEA.

ALL PRAISE SHRIMPY FOR HIS HELP.

Still, I wish I'd blessed Urvan. Boyd would have done 68 damage in one turn with it...

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

I DID IT.

I HECKING DID IT.

I FINALLY KILLED DEGHINSEA.

ALL PRAISE SHRIMPY FOR HIS HELP.

Still, I wish I'd blessed Urvan. Boyd would have done 68 damage in one turn with it...

Hey! Congrats! Now you know how I felt when I beat FE7 for the first time, haha.

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Ooh, sounds great!

Though I'm honestly split on SMTIII, since Atlus is one of those companies that really progresses with each game, so going backwards in a franchise of theirs is seldom a good idea, I've found, even if it is a remastered version.
To wit, Strange Journey Redux was... and this is putting it as diplomatically as I can, not great, Persona 4 Golden is... vastly inferior to Persona 5 (to me), Etrian Odyssey IV doesn't have half the QoL that Untold does etc.
With that in mind, I think I'll wait until V comes out.

The main bonus content of Nocturne Maniax and Chronicle Edition over the base version was the Labyrinth of Amala. Strange Journey Redux had that "Womb of Grief" optional dungeon you could access at any time beyond a certain point? It apes the Labyrinth of Amala to a "t" then, for the Labyrinth consists of 5 Kalpas with additional lore, gameplay stuff, and one new ending if you take the elevator at the very bottom after the last boss of the Labyrinth (you can do everything else in the dungeon without being locked into the ending though- including fighting that boss).

There is some dated jank in Nocturne, the new mandatory Matador boss is infamously nasty if you don't go in fully prepared. And one of the optional Fiends that spawn after reaching the entrance of the 3rd Kalpa stalks you and may drag you into its boss fight every time you approach a save point.😬 Skills you choose to forget b/c limited slots are forever lost too. Atlus said they're adding a DLC easy mode and are making gameplay tweaks, 🤞that they address some of these issues.

The story characters are pretty flat too besides being alignment representatives- though the new addition of voice acting may help a little. But I have a hunch that you in particular will an urge to teabag Isamu every time he shows up later, picking up on some of your other character dislikes.

But Nocturne's overall dungeon design is better than SMTIV, and the Pisaca sold at the entrance of the 1st Kalpa is basically an "HM Slave" in Pokemon terms- it has all the non-healing utility spells loaded on it for convenience, and it has Watchful so it's great as the offering in for Sacrificial Fusions (just don't forget to register it in the Compendium and never override it with a different Pisaca). And this is the game that invented the now-commonplace Press Turn system, so thats still good. If it sounds like I was mostly critical of Nocturne, there is good in the game, but I wanted to emphasize a few of the flaws, so your Joy-Cons stay Joy Controllers and don't become wall decorations.

Atlus did a lot of sales on the 3DS, at least in North America, may they do the same for the Switch if it makes it less risky for you to try it.

If you want to try another SMT and are iffy on Nocturne, may I suggest these again?

:latest?cb=20130904073127latest?cb=20130904074130

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Geez. So Aux Cores are just a very streamlined process of Augment crafting then. Although the Reward Tickets definitly help speed things up.

Honestly, I don't understand why they set the required quantities so high. Encouraging people to do the online portion of the game sure, but- thank the Archsage, Sage, and Divine Nopopon- it isn't like Monolith monetized the online stuff (if they did, Episode 3 will have begun, and through a long nuclear winter I will await Monolith's revival from a corrupt demise). I think it'd be much more bearable if they cut the crafting amounts between one-third and half.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I'm trying to think of a character from a game who is in a similar "situation", so to speak, because I swear I have seen something like that before, but I no one comes to mind at the moment.

Are these similar enough?:

cc13fba28768c669527226692e3d295a.jpglatest?cb=20160216230132

@ArmagonDifficulty spike? What Difficulty spike, Boss was rekt faster than mobs, and i was same lvl as him (lvl47) 😛

Seriously though, that felt satisfying wrecking that pos.

Anyway, a question, i am now at 

Spoiler

Sword Valley and Dickson has some ''Anti-Mechon'' weapons with him

Are they really Anti-Mechon and damage without Enchant, or is that just a bs name? Because these weapons are way weaker than what i have atm

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

What Difficulty spike, Boss was rekt faster than mobs, and i was same lvl as him (lvl47) 😛

Well I've always had trouble starting in that section in the past and I know I wasn't the only one. Though that was in the OG. Expert Mode probably made things easier haha.

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Are they really Anti-Mechon and damage without Enchant, or is that just a bs name? Because these weapons are way weaker than what i have atm

Yes, they will deal damage to Mechon without the need for Enchant. But as you can see, they're kinda weak so it's actually better to just keep what you have and keep using Enchant.

That being said, I suggest buying those anti-Mechon weapons for the sole purpose of the boss at the end of Galahad. Things will be inconvenient if you don't. After that part though, feel free to ditch them and going back to using Enchant.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well I've always had trouble starting in that section in the past and I know I wasn't the only one.

Well, i admit the dungeon/Area was a bitch.

Especially thos flying things with Ice Aoe lol.

I expected the Boss to be also super hard tho going by your words xD

Expert Mode probably made things easier haha.

Didn't use any exp from it there xD

But i have a 150+ AGL Dunban (or is it 160 now) with Evasion Aura...

Never getting hit XD

I think i found my fav. Team: Shulk/Dunban/Melia (heavy best character candidate atm)

I still switch around alot though.

they're kinda weak so it's actually better to just keep what you have and keep using Enchant.

Ic. 

So Time to lead with Shulk for a whole Section.

Gotta also head to Colony 9 to get some gems because my inventory is full lel

That being said, I suggest buying those anti-Mechon weapons for the sole purpose of the boss at the end of Galahad. Things will be inconvenient if you don't.

Ic.

Well, i have enough money to buy everything on Bionis anyway xD

1.2 Million Gold ayy

Edited by Shrimperor

14 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I think i found my fav. Team: Shulk/Dunban/Melia (heavy best character candidate atm)

That is a pretty good team. Though i recommend swapping around Dunban and Melia. Having Melia in the middle lets you link Chain Attacks a lot because of how her Talent Art works.

15 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Well, i have enough money to buy everything on Bionis anyway xD

1.2 Million Gold ayy

Honestly, from this point onwards, you probably won't be needing to buy much lmao. Enemy drops start to get good around these parts.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Honestly, from this point onwards, you probably won't be needing to buy much lmao. Enemy drops start to get good around these parts.

Tbf, except for Makna/Frontier Village, dropped weapons have always been better than shop ones.

Yo, @twilitfalchion, have you considered participating in the Write you butt off competition? I know you like writing and are quite good at it, so maybe you'd enjoy it!

Except that quite a few of us there have FE6 as our favorite fe.

On a serious note, when it comes to writing for a purpose, I'd recommend more things like anyone-can-participate CYOA type of stories.

Like those Interactive stories in places like Writing.com. If it matters, there are a couple around with FE stuff... not that most of it will be to anyone's desire. Just a warning.

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Gotta also head to Colony 9 to get some gems because my inventory is full lel

I dislike this part, as I usually hoard so many, that it takes me 1-2 hours to do crafting. It really should go by much quicker than that, and it's annoying. 

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Yo, @twilitfalchion, have you considered participating in the Write you butt off competition? I know you like writing and are quite good at it, so maybe you'd enjoy it!

Except that quite a few of us there have FE6 as our favorite fe.

Thanks for mentioning it. I have thought about it and I may participate at some point. It’d be interesting to tackle some of the prompts that are selected each month, although some prompts seem to be a bit controversial.

43 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

On a serious note, when it comes to writing for a purpose, I'd recommend more things like anyone-can-participate CYOA type of stories.

Like those Interactive stories in places like Writing.com. If it matters, there are a couple around with FE stuff... not that most of it will be to anyone's desire. Just a warning.

Thanks for recommending this option as well. I’ll check into it.

Looks like that weather becomes really bad from the weekend till next week. Will cancel my vacation and return to work earlier then. Today or at latest tomorrow I will start with Claude x Olivier support since it's overdue. Though I have no idea about a topic since I am absolutely not familar with Claude at all. Have to check out some of his conversations to get a picture of him.

50 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

It’d be interesting to tackle some of the prompts that are selected each month, although some prompts seem to be a bit controversial.

You get mostly used to people bickering.

Mostly.