Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

6 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

Don't worry, I take everything!

Practice makes perfect!

By doing all my testruns I think I could improve my 2D platformers skills a little bit, so two birds with one stone.

Haha i hope i can do it

I had an idea for a level, but trying to create it...

i didn't like playing it, so that was a bad sign already xD

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Think, FF-X. It's very similar to that style!

Very nice! I love that system a lot!
Okay, then I'll give Xenosaga a go one of these days! I just have to finish all the other stuff in my backlog first!

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

3stjv4k1fcg51.jpg

>Castoria

Finally an Artoria i may grow to like?

Still gonna be a bad dad.

I would buy Mario Maker 2, but I bought the first one... and played it for like... an hour, and then never touched it again, so... I really probably shouldn't buy it.

Since I have posted enough art of Musse lately, her opponent deserves a tribute as well.

@Caster

If only FGO wasn't a gacha

It doesn't matter since transactions couldn't be done anyways, at least in the version I played.

i didn't like playing it, so that was a bad sign already xD

Only make levels you're certain to beat.

Edited by Julian Teehee

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Part of this is that the VO industry in Japan is one hell of a lot bigger than it is in the West, so they expect higher quality in their dubs, I think.
You can have really talented and fantastic voice actors and still get a subpar dub (see the Neptunia Re;Birth games, for example), because the direction was off. I think the risk of that in English dubs tends to be a lot higher because of the stated reason above.

But of course, many Japanese games have very high quality English dubs these days.
For example Tales of Berseria, Persona 5, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Cyberdimension Neptunia, Atelier Sophie, the Bravely Default games, and Stella Glow.
And there's many more examples than just these, I think.

Oh, I see. That makes sense.

54 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

Made another one:

Reveal hidden contents

RC9-395-J1H

It gives a ton of power ups, so beatable imo.

Am afraid the latest update doesn't quite fulfill this criterion because it's basically bullet hell.

Will work on something softer then.

I'll be sure to check it out when I get the chance. 👍

26 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Also, also, I finished Chapter 1 just now. Just thought I'd let y'all know!

Hey, congrats. Ch. 2 is one of my favorites, so I hope you enjoy it as well.

25 minutes ago, Armagon said:

For real though, Japanese voices only sound better because we don't actually have a solid grasp on the language and we can't legitamtely gauge the quality of it. If you actually do understand Japanese, then it's different. Although i will say even to a non-native speaker, some JP VAs are just immediatly recognizable. Takehito Koyasu is a prime example of this.

Of course, this isn't to say the English dubs are better but we're able to say "yeah this English dub kinda sucks" or "yeah this dub is good actually" because we actually understand it. 

Even with all that in mind though, it's all preference in the end. I like to watch most anime with JP simply because that's the original language, though sometimes, i would make exceptions (JoJo Parts 1 and 2, for example). Same with foreign movies. When i marathoned the Godzilla franchise earlier this year, i watched all of the non-American ones in Japanese, because that's the original language.

Yeah, that makes sense. I guess I just like the authenticity of hearing anime in the original language it was made to have.

18 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

Have you made stage(s) I could test?

Maybe they give me an impression what to do to meet your interests.

Would prefer stages from Super Mario World or Mario Bros 3 though.

Only two of my levels are actually worth playing (they're not that good tbh), but here they are:

QTG-L6Y-2PG (my first)

NGT-663-0BG (a bit weird near the end)

16 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I did say "Xeno series", that includes Xenosaga as well. And considering you like turn based games, I think the battle system would be much more interesting to you. 

If the older Xeno games are turn-based, then that's something I could see myself enjoying at some point, even if the modern games didn't really appeal to me.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

lmao

Will she even be a dad? Doesn't her being a Caster imply she never became King Arthur? Hence no Mordred in that Timeline?

If only FGO wasn't a gacha

I think this is just her... sometime in between, man I don't know, there's too many fucking Artorias...

5 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

Since I have posted enough art of Musse lately, her opponent deserves a tribute as well.

Thank you Jules.
Will you be playing the remake of Extra when it is announced, then?

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Hey, congrats. Ch. 2 is one of my favorites, so I hope you enjoy it as well.

Thanks! I probably will! ^^

---

Warriors All-Stars captured Chris' character perfectly.
Also, that bangin' remix of Lady Crimson in the background. 👍

---

Tamamo tribute?
cs3XJkK.jpg

Edited by DragonFlames

Well, the two Fate games can be purchased for 50 € once on sale, but I don't think they would meet my interest.

I liked FGO though, but unfortunately I lost my account last year because my laptop couldn't take the sun for about 30 minutes and got roasted.

No real desire to replay it since one mobile game is enough and I have plenty of other games yet to play.

16 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Very nice! I love that system a lot!
Okay, then I'll give Xenosaga a go one of these days! I just have to finish all the other stuff in my backlog first!

Yeah, with a few quirks it's the same thing pretty much.

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

If the older Xeno games are turn-based, then that's something I could see myself enjoying at some point, even if the modern games didn't really appeal to me.

Like I said above, it's like FF-X, if you've ever seen that style. They operate completely different from new age Xeno games. 

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Yeah, with a few quirks it's the same thing pretty much.

Neat!

---

I plan on getting the Fate/Extra remake, actually. I liked the original, so I see no reason why not.
Unless the combat system will be bad, of course.

1 minute ago, Julian Teehee said:

Well, the two Fate games can be purchased for 50 € once on sale, but I don't think they would meet my interest.

I liked FGO though, but unfortunately I lost my account last year because my laptop couldn't take the sun for about 30 minutes and got roasted.

No real desire to replay it since one mobile game is enough and I have plenty of other games yet to play.

Well, I know you probably wouldn't like the gameplay of Extella, or Link, that's why I'm asking when the Fate/Extra remake comes out if you would try it. I dunno if you would like the remake, since idk what the gameplay will fully be like.

Or you can just play the cooking game when it gets released.

@twilitfalchion Please don't ignore me, i'm not tryin' to be mean, i'm just being passionate...

31 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

After everything I've read about XB1, I'm really not too tempted to try that game out.

See, you're lucky that everyone in this thread, whether they liked Xenoblade 1 or not, actually points out it's flaws instead of trying to present it as the ultimate masterpiece.

22 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Xenosaga has turn-based combat? That changes things...
Maybe I'll try one of those out, then!

7 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Xenosaga and Xenogears as well. Keep in mind however that these games are pretty dated. Xenogears also has random encounters (sorry Shirmpy). As reference though, i'd say Xenogears has aged better than FF7.

As for accessiblity, well, iirc, Xenogears is on the PSN store for $20.....on PS3 and Vita. As for the Xenosaga trilogy, lol. Namco puts KOS-MOS in everything but they never bothered rereleasing the games. I don't even mean remasters, i just mean porting these to other platforms or something. Emulation is pretty much you're only chance, especially for you, Draggy, since you live in Europe. The only Xenosaga game Europe got was Episode II, the worst game in the series by far (and Episode II is the only other Xeno game to have random encounters iirc).

I do recommend emulating Xenogears, if only because of the datedness (and Gear battles kinda stinky so just cheat there). If you don't have Windows, there's ePSXe versions for Linux and Mac. Android as well if you wanna play on your phone.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

See, you're lucky that everyone in this thread, whether they liked Xenoblade 1 or not, actually points out it's flaws instead of trying to present it as the ultimate masterpiece.

Thanks for being honest, everybody!

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Xenosaga and Xenogears as well. Keep in mind however that these games are pretty dated. Xenogears also has random encounters (sorry Shirmpy). As reference though, i'd say Xenogears has aged better than FF7.

As for accessiblity, well, iirc, Xenogears is on the PSN store for $20.....on PS3 and Vita. As for the Xenosaga trilogy, lol. Namco puts KOS-MOS in everything but they never bothered rereleasing the games. I don't even mean remasters, i just mean porting these to other platforms or something. Emulation is pretty much you're only chance, especially for you, Draggy, since you live in Europe. The only Xenosaga game Europe got was Episode II, the worst game in the series by far (and Episode II is the only other Xeno game to have random encounters iirc).

I do recommend emulating Xenogears, if only because of the datedness (and Gear battles kinda stinky so just cheat there). If you don't have Windows, there's ePSXe versions for Linux and Mac. Android as well if you wanna play on your phone.

F***!
Oh well, so long as emulators exist, this won't be too much of an issue.
Thanks for the infos, Armagon! ^^

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

See, you're lucky that everyone in this thread, whether they liked Xenoblade 1 or not, actually points out it's flaws instead of trying to present it as the ultimate masterpiece

I see you used to be on the Xeno sub

or any jrpg fanbase of that matter

Edited by Shrimperor

Just now, Caster said:

@twilitfalchion Please don't ignore me, i'm not tryin' to be mean, i'm just being passionate.

I'm not trying to ignore you. I'm just trying to respond to comments since there's so many at one time and I missed a couple I meant to respond to because I'm slow to type multiple responses in one comment. Sorry about that.

I respect your passion for what you enjoy, honestly.

35 minutes ago, Caster said:

It's okay... just like... look, I know, this series is honestly hell to get into. It took me a while to actually love it overall. 
I guess just in my eyes I think people should give it a fair shot (I am going to do the same for Trails... I just... need to get over some frustration, I had this same phase with Fate, so, no it's not just this specifically)
Like, fuck, man, I don't even care if you want to just play the fucking Fate cooking game coming out, I just think the way you went about it was bad and showed very minimal of what people enjoy a lot of this series, especially the wiki part.
I know VN's aren't for everyone. If the gameplay of the Extra remake is better when we know more of it I would probably suggest giving it a shot, because I really like Extra besides the gameplay.

I understand. Thanks for the recommendations.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Thanks for the honesty. It's nice to see even the biggest fans of a series recognize what it does right and wrong.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I don't mind random encounters, actually.

Emulation it is, since that's the most convenient way for me to play them, when I actually start cutting down my backlog.

So...

Sky trilogy
Crossbell duology
Dragon Quest XI (when that goes on sale)
Rune Factory 4
Xenosaga/-gears
Atelier Dusk trilogy
the rest of the Atelier Mysterious trilogy
Atelier Ryza 2

Man, I have a LOT of games on my radar currently...

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Oh well, so long as emulators exist, this won't be too much of an issue.
Thanks for the infos, Armagon! ^^

No prob.

Also, i just checked, PCSX2, the PS2 emulator, also has versions for Linux and Mac (so this is good news for @twilitfalchion as well) Granted, it's more demanding than the PS1 emulator. Chances are you'll be able to emulate Xenogears no problem but for Xenosaga, maybe, maybe not. I know i had to mess around with the settings to get the Xenosaga games to run better.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I see you used to be on the Xeno sub

r/Xenoblade_Chronicles be like

2ghb5jelk7m31.png?width=356&height=431

But there are also toxic X fans as well because of course there are.

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

So...

Sky trilogy
Crossbell duology
Dragon Quest XI (when that goes on sale)
Rune Factory 4
Xenosaga/-gears

Atelier Dusk trilogy
the rest of the Atelier Mysterious trilogy
Atelier Ryza 2

Man, I have a LOT of games on my radar currently...

Bold: all of these are pretty big timesinks. Damn. Good luck.