• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

11 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Finished season 1 of Kaguya-sama: Love is War. Sweet romcom anime with good humor overall and entertaining characters. Opening song is catchy as heck.

Will probably watch the second season at some point. Thanks for the recommendation to those who mentioned it.

This does put a smile on my face. Welcome to the club.

I don't expect Gunvolt to win because I don't know how many of you guys have played the Azure Striker Gunvolt games but I haven't shilled this series in a while so that's why I nominated him.

I skipped the best girls and probably will the best bois too. A combination of my usual indecisiveness and choosing to be low key about less-known characters I like.

I largely skip other topics in Forum "Games" because I don't feel I'm spontaneous and relaxed enough for them.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Ah, okay!
I haven't played the game myself, so I just made assumptions based on what I heard about it.

You're most welcome! ^^

If it's not a good game, it's probably a good thing it's short, wouldn't you say? XD

Oh that's just my opinion! I think the first one is much better overall, personally.

Its really too bad, as the idea was really good, they just didn't give it the love it needed.

I nominated Rokurou and Sterk.
I didn't put the latter's many unintentional nicknames into the nomination, because that would just look weird to anyone who hasn't played any of the Atelier Arland games (mostly Meruru).

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Oh that's just my opinion! I think the first one is much better overall, personally.

I see, I see!

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Its really too bad, as the idea was really good, they just didn't give it the love it needed.

That's always a shame, I think.

Edited by DragonFlames

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

xrpKu3P.png

He must be really a truthful person

377110562116468766.png?v=1

Haha!
Nice. XD

---

Meanwhile, I came face to face with my nemesis. The one boss that - out of all the bosses in Nights of Azure - gives me the most trouble. But it's simultaneously one of my favorites.
The Shrine of Sorrow is indeed aptly named, because thing caused me quite a lot of that on my first playthrough.
HAPJ6FY.jpg

The Blueblood Dragon Mavelus. Complete with an absolutely epic battle theme.
The one I have dreaded the most since starting the "only use the initial 4 Servans" challenge run. But even if you use different Servans, this guy will keep you on your toes throughout the entirety of the fight.

The thing is, in all honesty, most of his attacks aren't too bad. His fire breath only hits in front of him, his claw swipe can be easily evaded, when he stomps the ground and makes rocks fall on you, a circle appears where they will hit and you have plenty of time to dodge roll out of the way, and then he has an attack where he swipes with his tail and spins his entire body, making basically his entire width a danger zone. This can be quite easily evaded also, but it's a troublesome attack for your Servans, especially those who have an affinity to close combat (which three of the initial Servans do).
And have I mentioned that this guy is friggin' HUGE? He's probably the largest enemy in the game, bar none, meaning that full body spin attack I described has quite the hit radius. He also hits like a truck, but as I said, those attacks are quite easy to evade once you recognize which attack he winds up for.

Now, the real danger comes from when he drops fireballs around the arena, because those create fire circles on the ground that deal damage if you stand inside them. This attack will easily kill off your Servans if you're not careful, and Mavelus has the nasty habit of standing inside the circles, making close-ranged attacks all but suicide.
qTlXu8t.jpg
He creates five of these throughout the combat arena, which severely restricts your movement options, especially when things get hectic. But the Rock Golem can nullify these with his Void Servan Burst. However, due to my challenge, I do not HAVE one of those. While there is a limit on how long these last, Mavelus will renew them quite frequently.

And of course, Mavelus is not stationary. He will move around the battlefield quite a lot. Not to the degree Milaya did, but it's enough to lure you into the danger areas and to being forced to reposition yourself.

But... this is not even his strongest attack.
After a while, Mavelus will take flight and make a clean sweep across the battle arena with his wings spread. This attack has a massive hitbox, it covers almost half of the arena, and he WILL aim for you. If you get hit by the full brunt of the attack, half your health is just gone, and the attack is insanely fast, too. So, as soon as you see him wind it up... DODGE!
QP29raN.jpg

This is the attack in its finishing stage. Notice how Arnice is barely within its hitbox still, even though I started dodging the moment this "you're screwed now" signal showed up.
Also notice how one of my Servans is dead and the other is almost dead. Luckily, your Servans come back after a cooldown period, but not having them is very detrimental.

So... you're probably wondering by now "Draggy, did you end up beating him?"
Well...
o7R2XY7.jpg

No.
You can see the sliver of health he has left, right? My healer got killed when Arnice was at half HP, and with no opportunity to bring Rise back and me being off on the timing for a dodge... well... I died to the attack I described above, the one where Mavelus takes aim and dive bombs you. Got hit by the entire attack and just died in one hit.
But due to the fact that I got him low, at the very least, I KNOW it's doable. I just have to not f*** up next time!

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

That looks like that one Big AoE craft you gotta escape from haha

Yep. It does about as much damage, too.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

F

FeelsBad

Thanks, thanks!
But I haven't given up yet! On my very first playthrough, when I didn't know anything about anything, it took me five tries to beat this thing, and I only managed because I got my hands on a Rock Golem who got rid of the damage tiles for me. Before that, I couldn't even get him below half health, so I already did much better than I did back then.
Though this is my third playthrough, so that's to be expected, kinda. XD

Okay, getting close to finish The Titans campaign.

I find it amusing that in order to stop Kronos we're going to rely on Gaia's power. We're basically telling on him with his mother. Pft...