• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Speaking of which...
I WISH I had recording software. That last battle I fought in Nights of Azure was something I would have loved to share with you guys in its entirety, because that was probably the best fight I ever had in any game.
OZg23Fn.jpg
I did end up beating Mavelus earlier, but hot damn, that battle was quite something.
My Servans all died at one point or another, and Arnice had 10 HP left when Mavelus unleashed his flight attack. I ended up managing to evade it and got the final hit in. I am... spent. But damn if that wasn't the most fun battle I ever had.

Very nice!

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

while it's not confirmed yet to be a main game, it uses the same japanese naming scheme as one, so let's hope

It also has a big 5 in the title, which is accurate as this would be the fifth mainline game if you don't count the ReBirth trilogy. It also continues the "V" naming convention: Victory -> Victory-II -> ReVerse.

Just now, Armagon said:

Very nice!

Thank you!

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

It also has a big 5 in the title, which is accurate as this would be the fifth mainline game if you don't count the ReBirth trilogy. It also continues the "V" naming convention: Victory -> Victory-II -> ReVerse.

True.
I'm somewhat intrigued by the "ReVerse" subtitle, to be honest. I'm usually not one for speculation, but the word "reverse" does get me thinking what the story could be about.

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

True.
I'm somewhat intrigued by the "ReVerse" subtitle, to be honest. I'm usually not one for speculation, but the word "reverse" does get me thinking what the story could be about.

Be positive! It's going to be amazing! 😃

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Be positive! It's going to be amazing! 😃

Oh, fear not, I have no doubt about it!
Considering that Idea Factory/Compile Heart have put out some really amazing games in recent years (Mary Skelter, Dragon Star Varnir, Fairy Fencer f etc.), I have little reason to believe this one will be bad.

I'm just not a fan of speculating too much when little is known about an upcoming game, is all.

Just now, DragonFlames said:

I'm just not a fan of speculating too much when little is known about an upcoming game, is all.

This is a big reason as to why I don't watch videos about games that are coming out that I'm interested in.

But I understand what you mean, and agree of course.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

speculation is inevitable tbh

This is true, but some videos just have a way of ruining it for you depending on how its handled. 

When they tend to over analyze and be overly critic of it, it's hard to feel the same about it.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

speculation is inevitable tbh

True.
I just don't like doing it myself. But ideas will inevitably set in, that's just natural.
Especially if it's something you're invested in, like this.

The key is to have the mindset of "it COULD be like this" instead of "it WILL be like this", because the latter will only set you up for disappointment, usually.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

True.
I just don't like doing it myself. But ideas will inevitably set in, that's just natural.
Especially if it's something you're invested in, like this.

The key is to have the mindset of "it COULD be like this" instead of "it WILL be like this", because the latter will only set you up for disappointment, usually.

I agree with this. Always hope for the best!

That's what my downfall on Xenoblade FC was, I expected something great and because my expectations were so high from what I seen, I got let down hard. 

lol

I agree with this. Always hope for the best!

Absolutely true!

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

That's what my downfall on Xenoblade FC was, I expected something great and because my expectations were so high from what I seen, I got let down hard. 

FC is Future Connected, if I remember correctly?
I had a few instances of hype backlash like this, too. It probably happened to all of us at some point or another, and it's always painful, so while I haven't played Xenoblade 1 or Future Connected, I can sympathize.

Edited by DragonFlames

40 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

timestamp'd something

I missed this earlier, but do they always use Savage Wolf Fury in Tales of games or is it just Vesperia and Berseria? 

Also, personally, I like Yuri's much more. Way flashier!

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

FC is Future Connected, if I remember correctly?

I had a few instances of hype backlash like this, too. It probably happened to all of us at some point or another, and it's always painful, so while I haven't played Xenoblade 1 or Future Connected, I can sympathize.

Yep!

I just expected it to be as amazing as Xenoblade 2's Torna: The Golden Country, and it didn't come close. That could just be personal taste of course, but the effort just didn't feel there to me compared to Torna, which really hurt my opinion on FC even more.

I still plan to give it another chance, but I'm not sure how much is going to change, TBH.

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I missed this earlier, but do they always use Savage Wolf Fury in Tales of games or is it just Vesperia and Berseria?

I only know that Arte from Vesperia and Berseria.
There are some staples that appear in almost every game, like Indignation, Final Fury, Tiger Blade, Demon Fang, and Negative Gate (of which only the first two are Mystic Artes), but not all of them appear in every game.

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Also, personally, I like Yuri's much more. Way flashier!

Confession: I agree.

I just expected it to be as amazing as Xenoblade 2's Torna: The Golden Country, and it didn't come close. That could just be personal taste of course, but the effort just didn't feel there to me compared to Torna, which really hurt my opinion on FC even more.

I still plan to give it another chance, but I'm not sure how much is going to change, TBH.

I see, I see!

I hope it can redeem itself for you somewhat if you try it again!

Edited by DragonFlames

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I only know that Arte from Vesperia and Berseria.
There are some staples that appear in almost every game, like Indignation, Final Fury, Tiger Blade, Demon Fang, and Negative Gate (of which only the first two are Mystic Artes), but not all of them appear in every game.

Confession: I agree.

Ah, alright. I noticed Demon Fang and Tiger Blade alot, for sure. Interesting to know that though! Also, Lloyd uses Tiger Blade, which isnt a mystic arte in Symphonia.

You have good taste, then! It just "feels" epic to me, the slash graphics/SFX, the quote played (in english at least) which is why it's my favorite Mystic Arte out of any I've seen.

I could go on and on about why Yuri's savage wolf fury is awesome, but that's enough for now! 😊

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I am not a Tales expert, so i can't answer that haha

I do know some attacks appear more than once, like Demon Fang, Savage Wold Fury, Indignation and Lostfon Drive

Whoops, sorry to assume that! 

As mentioned above, I noticed they have alot of things the same as well. 

Edited by lightcosmo

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I am not a Tales expert, so i can't answer that haha

I do know some attacks appear more than once, like Demon Fang, Savage Wold Fury, Indignation and Lostfon Drive

Lost Fon Drive only appeared in Abyss and Berseria so far.
Nearly every Tales game has at least one character with Demon Fang (Xillia 2 has four, though one of them uses Demon Fist instead)
Indignation is a staple of magic users, as far as I know, and usually a higher level Mystic Arte.
And Savage Wolf Fury was Yuri's signature Mystic Arte until Berseria.

This is coming from someone who has played almost every mainline Tales post-Symphonia, so... take with at least one grain of salt.

You have good taste, then! It just "feels" epic to me, the slash graphics/SFX, the quote played (in english at least) which is why it's my favorite Mystic Arte out of any I've seen.

I could go on and on about why Yuri's savage wolf fury is awesome, but that's enough for now! 😊

Thanks!

Feel free to gush if you want!

34 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

True.

Oh here i was thinking that "Verse" meant it's own thing, as in "-verse". I know the "re" is there but I wasn't really reading it as "reverse".