• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 minutes ago, Wraith said:

...Why have I been reading nothing but depressing books of late? 1984The Handmaid’s Tale, and Frankenstein.

Time to pull out the slice-of-life, romance stories then!

Time to Lulua

12 minutes ago, Wraith said:

...Why have I been reading nothing but depressing books of late? 1984The Handmaid’s Tale, and Frankenstein.

play Nep so she brings a smile to your face

20190302144220_1.jpg20190302144223_1.jpg20190302144225_1.jpg

This Classic Trap is both in Ys 1 and origin haha

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Enjoy! ^^

---

Time for Rune Factory 4 Special!
I am excited, honestly.

Thanks, you, too 😄

Edited by Shrimperor

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Time to pull out the slice-of-life, romance stories then!

No, no God please no!

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

play Nep so she brings a smile to your face

But...but I have no soul to smile...

RF4 is an action RPG?
Really?
Interesting!

Dope opening theme, too.
Also, just saying, the female main character... best girl candidate. XD
I picked the male one, but still...

Edited by DragonFlames

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

RF4 is an action RPG?
Really?
Interesting!

Well i mean, as far as action RPGs go, RF4 is very basic. Each weapon does have combos and skills (though the skills can be used regardless of weapon, despite whatever icon it has) but even with all that, it's all very surface level. Which is fine for this kind of game.

All that said, the higher difficulties can and will kick your ass if you aren't paying attention.

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well i mean, as far as action RPGs go, RF4 is very basic. Each weapon does have combos and skills (though the skills can be used regardless of weapon, despite whatever icon it has) but even with all that, it's all very surface level. Which is fine for this kind of game.

Definitely.
I kinda figured that if there was combat, it would be turn-based, since I know that from Atelier, so I got a little surprised, is all!
I know it's not Atelier, though, so don't worry.

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

All that said, the higher difficulties can and will kick your ass if you aren't paying attention.

I will pay attention to that!

Also, Venti is fun.
Her helper, Volkanon, seems... emotional. XD

---

Also, is there anything in particular I should pay attention to early on?

---

Okay... so let me get this straight...
I can grow my own... dungeons.
Dungeons.
Growing on a farm.

Yep, I'm lovin' this already. XD

Edited by DragonFlames

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Okay, you're right, but to be fair, it's been 1 hour since yesterday. XD

Tell you what, I'll trade with you, you can have the 99 hour downloads and ill take the 1 hour! It's a good deal!

Edited by lightcosmo

I don't think I've used much the crop dungeons. Only in my last playthrough, I believe.

---

Finally! Done with The Titans campaign. Only two more campaigns to do in AoM. Well, one is more of a mini-campaign. That one will be the next.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I don't think I've used much the crop dungeons. Only in my last playthrough, I believe.

I want to try growing at least one, just to see what that's like.

---

So, it's official.
Forte is Saber.
I will hear no objections.

45 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Sure thing! XD

I would never do that to you, I'd feel awful! But I appreciate it, honestly and truly, it means alot to hear that, even if your just joking.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Dying can come at a hefty price (which raises every time you die) if Jones revives you, which is pretty often in my experience. Nancy, however, revives you for free.

If you find a character you know you want to marry early on, start giving gifts to them as soon as possible. At a minimum you have to have them at level 7 of their love/friendship points to confess and it be accepted, usually higher. Although I've been lucky before as Dolce accepted immediately at level 7. It takes a while for that level to raise unless you specifically focus on grinding for that like I did with Dolce and the dozens of flan, baked apples, and hot chocolate I made and gave to her.

Talk to each NPC every day. You will go multiple in-game years without hearing reused dialogue, actually, and it's an easy way to raise their friendship/love levels.

Most of all, RF4 is something best enjoyed at your own pace. So have fun!

15 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

So, it's official.
Forte is Saber.
I will hear no objections.

yup

I seriously wonder if Saber was the inspiration for her design.

Edited by twilitfalchion

@Armagon I was wondering something about the Xenoblade series:

How do the developers decide the names of their UM's/Tyrants? I was always curious of this, as some of their names are really neat.

Edited by lightcosmo

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

As mentioned by Twilit, dying in RF4 can easily financially ruin you, since Jones increasingly charges you for each time he revives you. It's the authentic American healthcare experience.

Nancy won't charge you anything and it is worth noting that if you die with your significant other in your party, Jones can either give you a discount or just won't charge you. I forget.

Shop hours aren't absolute. A shop can say "opens at 9" for instance but sometimes the shop owners will be in the room before then. If they are, you can buy from them.

Use the baths every day. There's like no reason not to. 

When you farm, as a general rule of thumb, always ship half of each crop you harvest. For example, if you plant eight turnips, ship four of those. Keep the other half and do with them as you wish: store then away for future use or use a sickle to turn them back into a seed and plant them again, to get a higher level crop. By the way, that's how you win the Seasonal Festivals. Plant a crop that's in season (as in, a crop that grows best during the season that you're currently in), use a sickle on it once it's grown to turn it into a seed, plant that exact crop and then repeat the process until the day of the Seasonal Festival. Also make sure to look at how long it takes to grow it, don't wanna miss the Festival.

55 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I want to try growing at least one, just to see what that's like.

Eventually you'll be able to grow giant crops. You can have four giant crops in each square. They eventually merge into one enormous crop. Yes, this works with dungeon crops as well.

31 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

How do the developers decide the names of their UM's/Tyrants? I was always curious of this, as some of their names are really neat

They probably just use a name generator tbh.

One important thing to keep in mind of is the soil. It has stats, which are important for things like getting higher leveled crops, how much survives if hit by a typhoon/blizzard, those sort of things.

At first it won't be that important, but later on do mind the soil stats. Specially things like its HP and Defense.

You can more or less start now by tilling dried grass on the soil.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Another thing I forgot to mention are town events. When you check your diary, every once in a while you'll see an option called "Town Events." Those are specific events that happen either through RNG or by certain story events being triggered. Some are optional, for the sake of having more interactions with the characters, and others are required to accomplish certain objectives, like the marriage events. To progress through each event, you'll need to talk to each of the characters listed below the event title. The cutscenes should happen on their own from there.