• Replies 177.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Seeing Benice having so much bad luck with confessing to Margaret makes me worried about my own chances of a successful confession, since... whenever luck is involved, I can expect things to go horribly for me.

In any case, I made some progress with RF4S myself. I now have a monster barn, and managed to recruit a Wooly (named Benice), and one of those apple things (named Twilit). I hope you guys don't mind that I name my monsters after you. I tend to have trouble coming up with names.
And I decided on selling the chocolate cake I got from Volkanon instead of gifting it to Saber Forte, so now I have roughly 10,000 Gold to work with, which makes things significantly easier. I afforded a fridge and a kitchen knife to prepare all the fish I caught in my desperate bid to fulfill Forte's plea (which I ultimately managed to do), as well as some of the more expensive seed types (potatos, pink turnips, that kind of thing).
Also, I need to find out what counts as "Chinese food" in this game, so I can make some of that for Xiao Pai, who is the person I most likely want Lest to marry.

And as far as my friendship levels go, everyone except for the two that only appear rather infrequently is now at level 2, except Forte, who is at 3.

Edited by DragonFlames

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

whenever luck is involved, I can expect things to go horribly for me.

I'm so sorry, but this made me laugh! I know it shouldn't have and I deeply apologise if it offends you in any way.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Seeing Benice having so much bad luck with confessing to Margaret makes me worried about my own chances of a successful confession, since... whenever luck is involved, I can expect things to go horribly for me.

When it comes to confessing, I can't promise it'll work for you, but this worked for me both times I did confess.

If you can, try to get your character of choice to where their LP will level up to 7 with the next gift you give. Wait until the next day, and give that character the gift you had prepared. If they leveled up with that one gift, then immediately confess. Especially with a character like Xiao Pai (who I've never read anyone having issues with accepting confessions), that should help you out a bit.

I hope you guys don't mind that I name my monsters after you. I tend to have trouble coming up with names.

Np, it's kind of fitting actually considering I love apple dishes of all kinds.

And I decided on selling the chocolate cake I got from Volkanon instead of gifting it to Saber Forte, so now I have roughly 10,000 Gold to work with, which makes things significantly easier.

That's great. Now you have a bit of money to get your farming efforts going. And cooking as well since that makes for the best gifts to other characters.

I afforded a fridge and a kitchen knife to prepare all the fish I caught in my desperate bid to fulfill Forte's plea (which I ultimately managed to do)

The kitchen knife and sashimi you prepare from the fish you catch are another great option to make money early on. Catch as many fish as possible and make sashimi out of them by learning the recipes with Porcoline's cooking bread (100 gold per loaf, but there's a limited amount per day at your level). Then sell them. Considering that catching fish is free, you should have a sizable amount of money earned from that soon enough.

pink turnips

While I don't recommend burning through your money supply only on pink turnips (some food items would be good as well), buying a few dozen pink turnips and harvesting them all at once is a great way to earn upwards of 10000-15000 gold at one time. Keep doing that and you eventually build your money supply up pretty easily. And once sweet potatoes (called yams in game) become available, they're an even better money making crop, until winter at least.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

lso, I need to find out what counts as "Chinese food" in this game, so I can make some of that for Xiao Pai, who is the person I most likely want Lest to marry.

While I couldn't find a full list of food items considered Chinese food, most of the dishes considered Chinese food in game are higher level dishes (Gyoza, Fried Rice, Chinese Manju), so you're probably better off planting flowers and giving them to her instead, for now at least. Although if you get enough gold and materials to get a steamer, dumplings are a very low level dish you can make (lvl 2) once your learn the recipe.

------------------

On a side note, another song with such a nice emphasis on piano is this one from RF4. Reminds me of romantic-era piano music.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I'm so sorry, but this made me laugh! I know it shouldn't have and I deeply apologise if it offends you in any way.

Don't worry, it didn't offend me in any way! I tend make jokes about my own bad luck all the time, so I'm okay with it! No need for apologies!

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

When it comes to confessing, I can't promise it'll work for you, but this worked for me both times I did confess.

If you can, try to get your character of choice to where their LP will level up to 7 with the next gift you give. Wait until the next day, and give that character the gift you had prepared. If they leveled up with that one gift, then immediately confess. Especially with a character like Xiao Pai (who I've never read anyone having issues with accepting confessions), that should help you out a bit.

Yeah, this helps! Thank you!

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Np, it's kind of fitting actually considering I love apple dishes of all kinds.

I came to name it Twilit, because I know you use a Mac, and those are made by Apple. But glad to know the name fits in other ways, too! XD

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

That's great. Now you have a bit of money to get your farming efforts going. And cooking as well since that makes for the best gifts to other characters.

Yup! My current goal is to get the other cooking equipment, too, so I can make even more food.
I will win the next cooking contest! *fireball eyes*

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

The kitchen knife and sashimi you prepare from the fish you catch are another great option to make money early on. Catch as many fish as possible and make sashimi out of them by learning the recipes with Porcoline's cooking bread (100 gold per loaf, but there's a limited amount per day at your level). Then sell them. Considering that catching fish is free, you should have a sizable amount of money earned from that soon enough.

Good idea! If no one important wants fish dishes (for now, anyway), I can just make 'em and sell them off.
Thanks for the tip! ^^

7 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

While I don't recommend burning through your money supply only on pink turnips (some food items would be good as well), buying a few dozen pink turnips and harvesting them all at once is a great way to earn upwards of 10000-15000 gold at one time. Keep doing that and you eventually build your money supply up pretty easily. And once sweet potatoes (called yams in game) become available, they're an even better money making crop, until winter at least.

That is one hell of a load of money!
And don't worry! I'm varying up my seed-buying a lot. I bought two to three of each available crop seed and planted them, since I'm still in an experimental phase of what works and what doesn't, and especially what ingredients for which food I need.
... If this game let you pick a career path, I would probably open a restaurant or something. XD

My field consist mainly of regular turnips, since the seeds are quite cheap and I can sell them off for a good amount of money. I also have no intention of spending my money all at once. Just for things I think I need to make progress/gifts/more money.

11 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

While I couldn't find a full list of food items considered Chinese food, most of the dishes considered Chinese food in game are higher level dishes (Gyoza, Fried Rice, Chinese Manju), so you're probably better off planting flowers and giving them to her instead, for now at least. Although if you get enough gold and materials to get a steamer, dumplings are a very low level dish you can make (lvl 2) once your learn the recipe.

I see, I see! Thanks for the hint!
I have planted a bunch of flowers, since one of the daily missions asked me to harvest three different kinds. I'll gift them to her then until I can make dumplings.
I should probably write down that I need a steamer to make them, before I forget.

13 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

On a side note, another song with such a nice emphasis on piano is this one from RF4. Reminds me of romantic-era piano music.

Wow, this is beautiful!

Thanks for all the help! It's very much appreciated!

*Lulua smiles like a predator*

19 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

ngl not what i expected when i saw the name ''Wind Elder Dragon'' haha

pretty good though!

13 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

but when battling she has that ''confident rawr smile'' ya know? 

xD

D1wMyf7.png

looks like she gonna bounce on something xD

This is true.
She has every reason to smile like that, because I don't know many other JRPG protags whose initial attack skill is one of the most useful in the entire game up to the final boss. XD

Edited by DragonFlames

DLru6WR.jpg
3w7aQRf.jpg

Ys Bosses when they go below 50% HP

1qacbr.jpg

13 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

She has every reason to smile like that, because I don't know many other JRPG protags whose initial attack skill is one of the most useful in the entire game up to the final boss. XD

Ikr haha

1 5 SP attack leads to 2 back parties unloading their whole skill collection lmao

7 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Alright I'm now level 80 in Tales of Berseria. 

I (finally) figured out how to use mid level Mystic Artes, now I'm trying to figure out how to use Dual Mystic Artes.

If you do find out, then tell me, because I have no clue, either! XD

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Ikr haha

1 5 SP attack leads to 2 back parties unloading their whole skill collection lmao

Yep! It's pretty insane!
You can go from a measly two-digit damage to four digits in a single, 15 SP attack.

---

Also, I was looking up cute fanart of Xiao Pai just now and happened to glimpse a list of her likes and dislikes.
Apparently, she hates tomato juice.
Guess who else hates tomato juice?

Spoiler

p7m50Cn.jpg

Now my decision to marry her is clear.

Edited by DragonFlames

38 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

ngl not what i expected when i saw the name ''Wind Elder Dragon'' haha

Title probably made it sound like a boss battle, now that I think about it. I'd say what scene it plays in, but that would be a spoiler so...

Just now, DragonFlames said:

Apparently, she hates tomato juice.

Jones hates tomato juice as well. Makes for some pretty funny dialogue.

Jones hates tomato juice as well. Makes for some pretty funny dialogue.

XD
Then I am probably in for a treat when I get there!

I'd say what scene it plays in, but that would be a spoiler so...

If anything bad happens to Venti, heads will roll.

Edited by DragonFlames

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

priorities haha

Ngl, building up LP is one of the first things I focus on when I start playing.

Many cows and chickens had to die for all the flan I made for Dolce.

5* xD

one 5 SP attack i meant haha

Oh right, it was 5 SP. I forgot! XD

That makes it even better, though!

If you want true insanity, then I can recommend this setup:
Front: Rorona - Lulua - Sterkenburg Long Name
Back:         Eva   -   Piana
This nets you one hell of a lot of attacks in a single turn, even in a worst case scenario.
Once I got everyone's friendship stats maxed out, this was the team that carried me all the way through the final battle.

priorities haha

I needed something to decide. XD
Honestly, I probably would have ended up going with her eventually anyhow, because from what I've seen of her so far, she's just a bundle of adorableness.

Edited by DragonFlames

10 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

If you want true insanity, then I can recommend this setup:
Front: Rorona - Lulua - Sterkenburg Long Name
Back:         Eva   -   Piana
This nets you one hell of a lot of attacks in a single turn, even in a worst case scenario.

yeah already tried it lel

Also lol ''long name'' xD

Currently i am running

Sterklongname - Snarky little Alchemist - Pirate dude

Sensei - Mom

Mom + Pirate Dude Brave Stance = 👌

Edited by Shrimperor

yeah already tried it lel

Also lol ''long name'' xD

I didn't feel like typing out Sterkenburg "Sterk" Sterky Steckel Strudel Storker-bargen Cranach. XD

Currently i am running

Sterklongname - Snarky little Alchemist - Pirate dude

Sensei - Mom

That sounds good! Pirate dude is a great tank! And a cool character, too.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Mom + Pirate Dude Brave Stance = 👌

I don't think I ever used this one, so I don't what it does, admittedly. XD

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I don't think I ever used this one, so I don't what it does, admittedly. XD

Mom's support abilities are:

50% Chance of Area all Magic attack when supported unit is attacked + Magic Card added to the At Bar (another attack) 

30% chance of restoring MP for whole party when supported unit is attacked + Magic Card 

Couple that with Brave Stance and you get pew pew pew

Edited by Shrimperor

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Mom's support abilities are:

50% Chance of Area all Magic attack when supported unit is attacked + Magic Card added to the At Bar (another attack) 

30% chance of restoring MP for whole party when supported unit is attacked + Magic Card 

Couple that with Brave Stance and you get pew pew pew

Oh, now I see!
Yeah, that is... very strong!

Just now, DragonFlames said:

Oh, now I see!
Yeah, that is... very strong!

Add to that Snarky little Alchemist + Pirate dude Primal Art (reduce wait time everytime they are attacked)

and yeah, you can imagine haha

Also, Rorona and Lulua having same lvlup animation is adorable ngl haha

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Add to that Snarky little Alchemist + Pirate dude Primal Art (reduce wait time everytime they are attacked)

and yeah, you can imagine haha

Mhm!
That I can! Before Sterkenburg came along, I had Pirate Dude in my party constantly just for that Primal Art.

Also, Rorona and Lulua having same lvlup animation is adorable ngl haha

Like mother, like daughter!

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Just save and reload until it happens.

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

What i do is i go to the Autumn Field and just plant leeks everywhere. Takes a while to grow but they sell. An Autumn Field's worth of leeks brings in a lot of money.

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Sorry, wasn't sure how much you had looked into things.

For the bolded, in North America, I don't know about Europe, there are a bunch of Etrian Odyssey demos on the eShop, you could try them out for an hors'doeuvre for those games. However, Etrians tend to take some time to take get going, the fun of character builds take until sometime in the second or even third stratum to beautifully blossom -though Q2 lacks a class system. The point being that EOs can be rough at the very start. 

Actually I owned an Etrian Odyssey gamel, but only for a very short time which was IV for 3DS. It was my very first JRPG which wasn't Fire Emblem, even before I joined this forum. I remember making a map or something. I remember I got wrecked by the first boss and then I lent it to a friend of mine who I never saw again after this, but this is a different story. What I tried to say I'm a bit familar with its gameplay. Though I don't know if this series would be something for me with my lack on frustration resistance unless a very beginnerfriendly game exists.

Edited by Julian Teehee