• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

16 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

But on the other hand, while I do agree that it is sometimes a little too cryptic, the thing is kinda called AlchemyRIDDLE for a reason. XD
Wouldn't be much of a "riddle" if it spells everything out for you.

Yeah but sometimes there isn't enough to go on.

Watch out in Atelier Shallie, that game basically has a worse version of the Alchemyriddle. Imagine if all of the additional tasks were somewhat mandatory and also there were way more of them.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah but sometimes there isn't enough to go on.

Fair point, fair point.
Like I said, I do agree that it's sometimes a little bit too cryptic for its own good.

Atelier Sophie's version is rather straightforward. Not too handholdy, but not too cryptic, either (if it asks you to make a certain item a number of times, it will tell you the number, for one).

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Watch out in Atelier Shallie, that game basically has a worse version of the Alchemyriddle. Imagine if all of the additional tasks were somewhat mandatory and also there were way more of them.

Thanks for the heads-up!

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I am not a fan of riddles or puzzles

Disliked, unsubscribed, reported to port authorities!

Joking aside, we all have gameplay mechanics we're not fans of, so that's perfectly normal, I think.
Teleporters, sliding puzzles, trial and error stuff (usually), sidequests that take too damn long and the reward is not worth the effort put in (unless there's some cool story or character development built into it) are mine.
And there are more.

Edited by DragonFlames

*complains about puzzles yet loves the most puzzle like FE*

There is that one game i have a love-hate relationship with.

Cross Code.

I loved the gameplay, the boss design, the setting...

but hated the Puzzles

and Puzzles were like 50% of the game. Sometimes you'd go to a super duper long dungeon just full of puzzles. It made my mind go to mush every time i played it.

It's still on hold because i couldn't take anymore of the puzzles after i finished the last giant puzzle dungeon

Edited by Shrimperor

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

*complains about puzzles yet loves the most puzzle like FE*

There is that one game i have a love-hate relationship with.

Cross Code.

I loved the gameplay, the boss design, the setting...

but hated the Puzzles

and Puzzles were like 50% of the game. Sometimes you'd go to a super duper long dungeon just full of puzzles. It made my mind go to mush every time i played it.

It's still on hold because i couldn't take anymore of the puzzles after i finished the last giant puzzle dungeon

Ah, that game! I remember you talking about the puzzles before. I actually thought you had finished it!

Dungeon puzzles are usually hit and miss for me, too. Sometimes, they can be interesting and add to the atmosphere of the dungeon, but more often than not, they're just tedious, especially in a very long dungeon. Bonus points if the enemy density is unusually high. And bonus BONUS points if running into enemies just wastes time/disorients you further.
(Final dungeon of Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse that goes on for way too f***ing long and has teleport puzzles says hi).

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Even in 8-bit, this theme is still glorious! Awesome!

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Eg0_0o-XcAEDnxp?format=png&name=small

Oops.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Glad you seem to be enjoying it! ^^

Thanks! 

This one suits me more since the battle system is very similar to Vesperia, albeit without the abusable OVL, which is sadly missed.

37 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

(Final dungeon of Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse that goes on for way too f***ing long and has teleport puzzles says hi).

I surprisingly got through that without issues, but I still dislike it for its sheer size. The final dungeon is wide and open for no good reason, it was my time and contributed to the faster destruction of the rubber on my 3DS slide pad.

I think teleport puzzles work better if they stick to different parts of a single rooms, or that warps give you an indication, such as their color, as to where they send you. The kind that generates the most annoyance is when they can zap you anywhere without a clue or underlying structure that you can come to understand.

--

Koei intends to announce two new Dynasty Warriors games during the digital Tokyo Game Show at the end of this new month. I've heard secondhand they've said DW9 won't be getting Xtreme Legends or Empires games due to a reception as happy as Wang Yi. Retooling for DW10 sounds maybe too soon to me, so I'd guess the two titles are going to be insignificant games.

I don't think they're saying DW but in actuality winds up being a new Samurai Warriors or a new Musou crossover. This second day for Koei will also feature a 20th anniversary celebration of DW, so it'd be out of place to announce something not related to the old Three Kingdoms. And in the odd case were it a crossover, it can't be Nintendo as much I'd like it to be, because I'd think Ninty themselves would want to introduce that.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

3-6 is the hardest chapter in the game for a blind player, good job!

3-13 will be another big challenge, but having sight makes it a bit more bearable.

There will be only one more FoW chapter in the game in part 4 which is not too bad imo.

Edited by Julian Teehee

Reached the gamebreaking point by reaching level 5 with the twins. The Persona requirements weren't bad at all. Fusing overextended Personas is surprisingly cheap. I have more than one million and a level 80 Persona doesn't even cost 100.000.

Also thanks to José's experience boost in Mementos (new feature) it's supereasy to get levels fast.

Edited by Julian Teehee

1 hour ago, Julian Teehee said:

3-6 is the hardest chapter in the game for a blind player, good job!

3-13 will be another big challenge, but having sight makes it a bit more bearable.

There will be only one more FoW chapter in the game in part 4 which is not too bad imo.

Thanks. Good to know.

Tbh, I made 3-6 much harder on myself by not having Volug and having three less units than the max allowed for the chapter. But having the Black Knight appear got me through. RIP Leonardo though.

-----------

Just finished Ch. 3-7. Haar has promoted to godhood and Titania is now at her third tier promo as well. Looking forward to the next chapter.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I hope you went down the Massacre/Anarchy route like I did.

Massacre would be better if Dagda wasn't so edgy and unlikable. But Bonds is not exactly the cast I'd want to Power of Friendship with. I wish there was a third, or even a fourth way.

---

Spoiler

7th-Dragon-2020-09-01-13-42-26.png

~40 turns for a mini-boss.😩 It was going slow but steady despite strong physicals- including one on everyone- that demanded Shield Front spam. Then the Mantis Dragon summoned enemies that could heal it for 150 per enemy, fortunately no more than 1 ever got to heal it at a time, and the summons kept coming shortly after I 1-2HKO'ed them. My MN never ran out because Moonlit Song, but I really could've used better weapons to take it down faster.

tfw you take a nap and somehow you feel more tired than before.

---

3 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

This one suits me more since the battle system is very similar to Vesperia, albeit without the abusable OVL, which is sadly missed.

I see, I see!
My personal favorite part about Xillia are the linked artes and linked combat in general. It makes the AI feel more competent than it does in other Tales games (though luckily, I haven't seen a Tales game where the AI was incompetent at any point).

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I surprisingly got through that without issues, but I still dislike it for its sheer size. The final dungeon is wide and open for no good reason, it was my time and contributed to the faster destruction of the rubber on my 3DS slide pad.

Oof, that's rough.
Yeah, it's a pretty bad final dungeon, all things considered. The idea is nice, but I feel like three areas would have sufficed: one for each major boss fight you have to undertake in there.
The fact that it follows up another rather large dungeon doesn't exactly help matters, either. Also, the music in there is just... ugh (constructive criticism, ho!). I get what they were going for with it, but it just ends up being annoying, especially with how large the dungeon is and how long you'll consequently hear that "music" for.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

think teleport puzzles work better if they stick to different parts of a single rooms, or that warps give you an indication, such as their color, as to where they send you. The kind that generates the most annoyance is when they can zap you anywhere without a clue or underlying structure that you can come to understand.

Bold part: Sadly, these are very few and far between. Most games I've seen them in opt for the very annoying third option you named.

2 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Finished RD 3-6 after several resets. On to the next chapter. Still have a couple more Dawn Brigade chapters coming up. Hopefully no more FoW.

Congratulations!
And good luck for future chapters!

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Kek Meruru is a chuuni haha

Meruru is a gem. Definitely one of my favorite Atelier protagonists, and that's saying something (as in, they're all pretty great).
Don't forget:

Sterkenburg "Sterk" Sterky Steckel Strudel Storker-bargen Cranach

The bolded ones are Meruru's "fault". XD
"Sterky" came from Rorona in the first game.

52 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I hope you went down the Massacre/Anarchy route like I did.

I did all endings, actually.