Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Tfw when you realize you can't even use the Purge tome you're given because your light magic rank isn't high enough.

So ein mist!

• Replies 177.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Shadow Mir said:

Not when it doesn't work on the stuff that'd likely warrant cheesing, which is the case here.

Well, it does give a Micaiah who hasn't been massively invested into something to do.

1 minute ago, Shadow Mir said:

The gamble doesn't seem worth it when in general, those skills have about a 1-in-10 chance of activation, which is not nearly enough to rely on. Also, I'd honestly say Fire Emblem games after Binding Blade tend to make status effects useless. Radiant Dawn is no exception.

Eh, I'd say close to about 15-20%-Nolan has 14% chance to get Colossus, and with a Brave Axe, he'll have about 10 chances. Relying on proc skills isn't ideal, but it does work if you're going for a quick clear. (Also, if Laura is alive, Purge works well.)

Just now, Shrimperor said:

And no Dawn brigade unit will last there for 4 turns while op Merc units come every turn unless DB unit is super blessed and Merc units are super screwed

Except for the part where the only GMs on the map are Ike and Soren until turns 9-11, and Soren doesn't move and is LOLTelliusMage and slow and fragile. You've got plenty of time before that.

20/20/1 Aran has 46 HP, 27 Def on average, 24 Spd means even the Cats can't double him on Hard. The Cats scratch him for 3 damage, the Tigers can do 14, which is a 4OHKO, but if you proceed carefully or have a stronger Aran he'll be fine. With a Steel Greatlance is 42 Atk. If you ended the prior battle with non-Ragnell sword equipped to the average 20 Ike, he'll have 25 Def and 50 HP. So 17 damage per hit, quadrupled that makes for an OHKO. With 6 more Def between Ragnell and a capped Def stat, thats still 11 damage for a 5HKO, and as long as Ike has no healing items and Soren isn't promoted with a staff, thats fine. Ike has no Aether and unless Spd blessed can't double Aran either.

This works. I did a draft and Aran easily soloed Ike. Don't sell the DB short and overrate the GMs out of personal bias. -But then again numbers constituting facts are out of fashion these days.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Tfw when you realize you can't even use the Purge tome you're given because your light magic rank isn't high enough.

They really used Galaxy 2 music in a collection that doesn't have Galaxy 2. 

Pain.

And someone pointed out that Mario 64 is widescreen on the title screen. So Nintendo could've made 64 widescreen, they just chose not to.

Yes i'm still paying $60 for what is essentially a collection of ports. I've pre-ordered it digitally and since we're less than a week from release, i'm locked into the purchase anyway.

4 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

She's the one that doesnt like insects, correct?

Correct

She even has a unique battle line when facing off against insect enemies. Neat touch.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Because my experiences with Boyd especially was nothing but "Miss", "Miss", "Miss", "Miss", "Miss", "Miss", "Miss", "Miss", "Miss", "Miss", "Miss", "Miss", dead Boyd. Both in PoR and RD.

Me with Hector in FE7 during my first run of the game.

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

Agreed. The challenge is as perfect as I've ever experienced in an FE game. Hard/Classic alone made me love it even more. Monster battles are an absolute rush when your units first encounter them at lower levels.

Honestly disagree with the bolded part. Monster battles were cool at first but with how severely limited Battalions are and Monsters having AoE, i found them to be the worst part of the game and whenever they showed up in mass numbers, i basically just turtled until they were gone.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

lmaaaaaaaaaaaoooooo

Among Us is so good man

Edited by Armagon

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

This works. I did a draft and Aran easily soloed Ike

...Beautiful. Simply...Beautiful.... I did this too, worked like a charm. I thought I was just blessed, but apparently Aran is actually decent...

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Don't sell the DB short and overrate the GMs out of personal bias.

It's less personal bias and more personal experience and me watching others. Original DB have been all bench useless except for Miccy, Nolan and Sothe for me.

I've seen people defeating Ike, but it's really hard to do. Getting Aran to 20/20/1 by 3-13 is hell and means ignoring many other more useful people.

And that's hella alot of preps to do it. ''Leave Mercs weak and unequipped''. Talking about ''numbers and facts'' when you exactly did what i mentioned, blesses DB and weak/screwed mercs

Edited by Shrimperor

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

...Beautiful. Simply...Beautiful.... I did this too, worked like a charm. I thought I was just blessed, but apparently Aran is actually decent...

A draft admittedly is a special context though, where you're using only a handful of units. And for RD, a draft is especially special because you may want to space your units out for every part due to the rotating availability. Aran was the only DB I drafted, so he could soak up all the EXP not going to M&S (the other units I drafted were Heather, Rolf, Mordy, Ulki, Pelleas, Stefan, Gareth).

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

Eh, I'd say close to about 15-20%-Nolan has 14% chance to get Colossus, and with a Brave Axe, he'll have about 10 chances. Relying on proc skills isn't ideal, but it does work if you're going for a quick clear. (Also, if Laura is alive, Purge works well.)

Still not reliable enough to warrant gambling on, especially when he's likely to end up like a bug on a windshield if it doesn't work. Not to mention that Nolan isn't likely to get there in the first place without massive favoritism.

Edited by Shadow Mir

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Among Us is so good man

I've been playing it lately and it's hella amusing.

Especially when you're impostor and everyone believes your words. Especially after you betray your fellow impostor. Galaxy Brain XD.

Also that video lmao

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Hecking hawk laguz!

Lemme guess, they breached the line. This is why I keep my units alive; so I actually have means to respond to crap like this.

1 minute ago, Shadow Mir said:

Lemme guess, they breached the line. This is why I keep my units alive; so I actually have means to respond to crap like this.

Yeah. Reloaded a battle save, ordered the allied units to target a certain area and it actually worked to prevent the game over.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I've been playing it lately and it's hella amusing.

Especially when you're impostor and everyone believes your words. Especially after you betray your fellow impostor. Galaxy Brain XD.

And then the Omni Brain is being caught red handed but managing to convince the council that the person who saw you kill someone was the imposter instead. You'd likely be voted out the following round but you'll have taken down someone with you.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

And then the Omni Brain is being caught red handed but managing to convince the council that the person who saw you kill someone was the imposter instead. You'd likely be voted out the following round but you'll have taken down someone with you.

i did that once early game and then won the game lmao

the guy who i killed early was like ''I TOLD YOU'' Lol

Just now, Shrimperor said:

i did that once early game and then won the game lmao

the guy who i killed early was like ''I TOLD YOU'' Lol

My best friend tried doing that to me but what gave it away was that he was laughing too hard.

Posting this not just because it's hilarious but because Alpharad actually managed to have Faye Mata (a.k.a Petra Fire Emblem's voice actor) on here.

But all of Alpharad's Among Us videos have been comedy gold.