Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I get your point here, not sure if there would be a still-mature English term that could somehow fit Hot Blood. But maybe there shouldn't be.

Passionate, maybe. Though I could get not using that one.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Technically who isn't hot-blooded, given almost everyone gets the Senshin/Spirit? From Latooni to Sanger.

Although it's because, like Alert (or Guard for tank people)/Strike/Focus, these are the almost essential Spirits in gameplay, you get it regardless of personality because otherwise you'd be not as good. Other many Spirits are assigned based on personality, or so I think. Love goes to Irm because he's a philanderer, Arado gets Guts and Luck because he's gutsy and likes taking big risks. Sanger maybe has to get Drive because, not only is he driven the way he shouts that he is The Sword That Smites Evil all the time, but because Valor is ubiquitous so he needs something else to represent his hot blood.

Certainly. Seishin lists are part personality part gameplay balance. That's why no one keeps the same six throughout however many games they appear in.

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

26 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ah, i take it no FrontierNav point requires a level higher than three then.

Where do i raise the Field Skills anyway? They might've explained it but i probably wasn't paying attention.

Field Skills start at 1, you can level them to 4, and then Off the Record gets you the 5th. 

And no, there are a few FrontierNav probe sites that require level 5 Mechanical, but I think they're mostly in out of the way places, I know there is one in northwesternmost Primordia thats very scenic, and that tiny island in engulfed by the Yawing Giant chasm in Oblivia is another.

To raise your Field Skills, when your BLADE Level goes up, return to BLADE Concourse and speak with Eleonora, she'll let you pick one Field Skill to increase by one level.

26 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This is what I wanted to know, thank you. Definitely do wish healing was more straight-forward but i'll get used to it.

I'd like to think Monolith was listening to complaints about Sharla and it was an overreaction to her. I like that they were trying to make healing present without a dedicated healer and to make it engaging with the rest of the fight. But I'd say XC2 did better at this by tying HP Potions to Driver Combos and weaving healing into some Specials and still having a couple good pure healing Arts.

25 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Passionate, maybe. Though I could get not using that one.

Passion makes me think of Love. When I played Masoukishin, I found it interesting that Love healed everyone fully, which is like OG Saga Endless Frontier, but unlike Original Generations proper. When did Love flip from being "Love for the world and everyone in it that heals all" to "I have someone I want to lovingly protect so I'm buffing up with a cocktail of Seishins and killing you bastard!"?

And another question. I heard that Elzam is an OG invention but Ratsel is Alpha. Care to explain Alpha Ratsel? And what of Alpha Sanger if he started as the Sword of Magus in terms of story in Alpha Gaiden? Alpha Gaiden is alternate dimension if I understand it, so with a return to the original dimension does that dimension's Sanger show up in Alpha 2 despite not being around in Alpha 1?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Passion makes me think of Love. When I played Masoukishin, I found it interesting that Love healed everyone fully, which is like OG Sage Endless Frontier, but unlike Original Generations proper. When did Love flip from being "Love for the world and everyone in it that heals all" to "I have someone I want to lovingly protect so I'm buffing up with a cocktail of Seishins and killing you bastard!"?

And another question. I heard that Elzam is an OG invention but Ratsel is Alpha. Care to explain Alpha Ratsel? And what of Alpha Sanger if he started as the Sword of Magus in terms of story in Alpha Gaiden?

Hence the "I could get not using that one".

Passions just means strong emotions in general, but yes. Best I know, Love flip-flops.

Technically, Elzam is also Alpha, best I know. Alpha has an encyclopedia of mecha and character bios, that unlocks entries as you meet them in-game. Rai's bio mentions him having an older brother. I don't know if Shin or Spirits mentioned Rai's brother, so for now it's Alpha 1 the one who tells us of Elzam's existence. Though he's not referred to by name (I think) or picture, so we only know he exists.

Then OG1 has Elzam appear in the flesh, and get to know his name. If it really was not mentioned in Alpha.

Then Alpha 2 comes out and finally introduces Elzam... as Rätsel. So his Rätsel persona is introduced in the Alphaverse.

Then OG2 has Elzam using the Rätsel persona as well.

-

Sänger was first introduced in Alpha Gaiden. Alpha Gaiden employs time travel to the future, where we first meet him. So when Sänger reappears in Alpha 2, it's his present self. Same person, different character, basically. Since the events that led to him becoming the Sword of Magus were avoided. Although there is a short manga made that showed us what he was doing during the events of Alpha 1.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Field Skills start at 1, you can level them to 4, and then Off the Record gets you the 5th. 

Yep, i hate those quests.

Fair warning, the off the record mission requires some guide of sorts, or else your in for a long run. The riddles for those are absurd. XD

53 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I've mentioned in scattered posts For healing, a tiny handful of green Arts offer healing exist: Repair- which is very weak- and Smooth Recovery- which comes from Irina- for Knives. L has Mindstorm for Shields.

You forgot Astral Heal!

Also @Armagon congrats on the first Tyrant wipe out! It always feels satisfying to take one of those beasts down in X.

21 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Yep, i hate those quests.

Fair warning, the off the record mission requires some guide of sorts, or else your in for a long run. The riddles for those are absurd. XD

I admit to using a guide, because I want level 5!, although some of the riddles aren't terrible. I liked the premise at least.😅

I'd consider the Tyrant for the Mechanical OtR to be the very worst, given the narrow timeframe when it can be found, the very vague location hint in the riddle, and its appearance even then being rare- you will likely have to reload the area a bunch of times until it shows up. How'd you find that on your own?

14 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

You forgot Astral Heal!

Oh yeah, that too. I like it because it does give the Photon Saber a "paladin" (physical unit with healing options) vibe combined with Astral Purge, and Astral Horizon to make them both AoE. Though at 2000 TP between Astral Heal and Astral Horizon, thats very hungry for the stuff, and it stops me from using a different Aura. Hence I've never ran the combination. Essence Exchange I suppose fits well with this, but it's still too risky.

31 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Technically, Elzam is also Alpha, best I know. Alpha has an encyclopedia of mecha and character bios, that unlocks entries as you meet them in-game. Rai's bio mentions him having an older brother. I don't know if Shin or Spirits mentioned Rai's brother, so for now it's Alpha 1 the one who tells us of Elzam's existence. Though he's not referred to by name (I think) or picture, so we only know he exists.

Then OG1 has Elzam appear in the flesh, and get to know his name. If it really was not mentioned in Alpha.

Then Alpha 2 comes out and finally introduces Elzam... as Rätsel. So his Rätsel persona is introduced in the Alphaverse.

Then OG2 has Elzam using the Rätsel persona as well.

-

Sänger was first introduced in Alpha Gaiden. Alpha Gaiden employs time travel to the future, where we first meet him. So when Sänger reappears in Alpha 2, it's his present self. Same person, different character, basically. Since the events that led to him becoming the Sword of Magus were avoided. Although there is a short manga made that showed us what he was doing during the events of Alpha 1.

Thank you for the information! It fills in a gap I've long had in my SRW understanding.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I admit to using a guide, because I want level 5!, although some of the riddles aren't terrible. I liked the premise at least.😅

I'd consider the Tyrant for the Mechanical OtR to be the very worst, given the narrow timeframe when it can be found, the vague location, and its appearance even then being rare. How'd you find that on your own?

Hey, I tried, at least! XD the idea is neat, just not implemented too well. ...I have no shame, alright!? 😄

The collectopedia one is awful as well.

And i mentioned Astral Heal cause i actually think it's good, just not to begin. That class has issues gaining TP right off the bat to be using 1,000 left and right. Also, i like its secondary CD effect!

I made a tierlist for all the Galaxies in Super Mario Galaxy 1

super-mario-galaxy-levels-524176-1601868

Might have to zoom in on this tho.

Boo's Boneyard Galaxy wasn't on the tierlist maker but put it in C. Grand Finale Galaxy was on there but i purposefully left it out, since i've never played it.

None of the Galaxies are inheritly bad, the ones in D-tier, i just found to be the most unmemorable. 

Edited by Armagon

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Thank you for the information! It fills in a gap I've long had in my SRW understanding.

Glad to help!

Oh, really? I suppose it might look that way, heh. Specially for just knowing about OG first I'd guess. The fact there was alternating releases between the Alpha games and the GBA OG ones didn't help either, heh. OG1 being post Alpha Gaiden but before Alpha 2 really meant Sänger was doing a whole different thing. And why his Alpha Gaiden role and Thrudgelmir went to Woodan for OG2.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Ah, now that I had linked it earlier, I think GONG is my latest earworm.

Admittedly, it has been years since I last heard it with lyrics.

Dammit, why are the PS2 SRW games not in the PSN! Well, Z is, but it's the only one...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

10 hours ago, Sooks1016 said:

The more you know Wraith!

There are certain paths that once walked will leave you enlightened in some areas and completely desolated from your previous haunts. 

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Some info on Ryza 2 I found on reddit, for those interested.

Neat! Any info is good info! After the first one, I'm really looking forward to this one!

aLa4UQ7.png5fUc5OU.png

sooon ™️

ebxPSz0.png

And not a single point of Magic so far F. Maybe i should try to have her lvl up next after a save point xD

Btw, i need for Sherpa's recruitment i need him in Ch7? Because nothing points to me needing him there

Edited by Shrimperor

Just now, Shrimperor said:

ebxPSz0.png

And not a single point of Magic so far F. Maybe i should try to have her lvl up next after a save point xD

It's still early. Some savescumming helps, but keep in mind that there's a bracket system in Berwick Saga. It prevents units from deviating too much from their averages. In Enid's case, it's impossible for her to get more than one magic point every 5 levels. So yeah, don't despair quite yet - there's still 7 levels to go before you lose Paragon, in any case.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

it's impossible for her to get more than one magic point every 5 levels

Does it also mean she gets atleast one point of magic every 5 levels, or can she go like our dear Wind Princess who's lvl 13 and didn't get a single point of magic yet xD

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Does it also mean she gets atleast one point of magic every 5 levels, or can she go like our dear Wind Princess who's lvl 13 and didn't get a single point of magic yet xD

The brackets go both ways. Enid has a magic bracket of +/-1. With a 20% magic growth, can only get 1 point until level 6, and another one until level 11. It's not until after level 11 that she falls behind and the game forces her to gain one point if she hasn't already. With the liquid magic, the absolute latest she can get to the threshold is level 16. Earliest would be 6, I'm pretty sure.

So yeah, bottom-line, you still have a little ways to go. But believe me, it's worth it.

21 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The brackets go both ways. Enid has a magic bracket of +/-1. With a 20% magic growth, can only get 1 point until level 6, and another one until level 11. It's not until after level 11 that she falls behind and the game forces her to gain one point if she hasn't already. With the liquid magic, the absolute latest she can get to the threshold is level 16. Earliest would be 6, I'm pretty sure.

So yeah, bottom-line, you still have a little ways to go. But believe me, it's worth it.

I see. Thanks for the info!

Let's hope rng doesn't screw me over then xD

I still have until ch9 to get liquid Magic anyway

The biggest sin in Etrian Odyssey games is that you don't have enough space to call your guild the Scrub Squad.
Other than that... names. Friggin' NAMES. I can NEVER EVER come up with names for characters I make, be it for stories or in games.
*angry Draggy noises*

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Here's a name

XD

Fair point! XD
Although unless I'm using a Beast, I will probably make a girls only group. We'll see!
Although... hmm... I don't even know which classes I really want to use...
Decisions, decisions...

Edited by DragonFlames