Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I hope not to use too much save states later on but I just don't want to be dealing with low hit-rates. Especially since EXP is only gained from successful actions, it ain't like FE where a miss still earns you 10 EXP. That and missing in this game means the enemy gets to attack and I would prefer if they don't haha.

Yeah, I get what you mean. Well, like I said, play however you feel you'll have the most fun!

If you want the least amount of low hitrates early on, I recommend deploying Adel and Leon together for those sweet Supporter bonuses, have Christine use crossbows for the most part (she's bad with bows), and... Well, Sherlock's awfully unreliable at the beginning, but he gets better once he gets some not-awful equipment. Besides, you'll soon meet the sniper that stole the hearts of every Berwick player ever - and then you'll feel like you won't need Sherlock or Christine ever again.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Oh, right, I forgot to mention this yesterday.

My Spymaster died... so I did end up making the bear into my next one. XD Considering I've mostly used my Spymasters to head to other counties for... research purposes... Basically, if a county has higher technological level than your capital one, you can send the Spymaster over and anything higher leveled has a % to auto-research, and also events that give you a haul of points for upgrading them yourself instead. Or s/he can get caught, if their Intrigue stat is low, though the chance never gets to 0 no matter how high it is.

Anyway... yeah, just picture a bear in Constantinople (it's always the highest developed county at game start, so it's basically a meme that all Spymasters hang out in there), trying to act all innocuous. lol

Just now, Armagon said:

@DragonFlames FYI, Atelier Ryza 2 finally has a release date. January 26th for North America and January 29th for Europe.

Oh, nice!
Finally! 2021 will start off good! I hope.
But from what I've seen so far, I think I have reason to be cautiously optimistic.

Thanks for the info! ^^

I decided to take a look at the recruitment guide for Berwick just to be aware of any "surprises" (i did the same with Vestaria) and oh boy, there's a lot of info here. Thank God for this guide because without it, i probably would've missed the permanent conditions for most of these characters.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

@Shrimperor what exactly did you look up when you were configuring the settings for Berwick? Because i search up my processor but i can't really find what determines what GS plugin i can use in the emulator.

I googled ''i6 sse4'' and saw it available under my processor hence used that one

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I decided to take a look at the recruitment guide for Berwick just to be aware of any "surprises" (i did the same with Vestaria) and oh boy, there's a lot of info here. Thank God for this guide because without it, i probably would've missed the permanent conditions for most of these characters.

To be fair, it looks more complicated than it is. Most characters get there automatically if you just use them. Many of them require "get X happiness" or "get X happiness and Y level". Merc characters get happiness from being deployed, leveling up, being fed, etc. so units you use regularly will eventually reach their requirements on their own. There's also the guys who are instantly recruited by fulfilling a requirement in a mission (Burroughs, Marcel, Daoud), which... hey, if there's green units and the game tells you to protect the green units, you might want to do just that. Clifford is very difficult to get, but rightfully so, the man is insane.

That being said, it's fine to want to be sure. The recruitment and promotion guides are safe from spoilers, and they're the only ones you'll want 99% of the time, anyway.

Esteban and Czene are the only ones that I'd say are cryptic. Esteban because (as far as I recall) they never tell you to bring him to chapter 6-main, and Czene because she requires Reese to talk to her in chapter 2... even though there's no talk command, they talk if they wait next to each other. That's weird, I've got to admit. Perceval is also a bit questionable, but the game does hint at it, if rather vagely.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Esteban because (as far as I recall) they never tell you to bring him to chapter 6-main

It does tell you to bring him, although it is a bit subtle-It is just a tiny event where Maribelle, (I think that's the name of the owner of Kingfisher) says that you should Hire Esteban so that Arina doesn't have to work double shifts.

Czene? That is super cryptic.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

There may be requirements, but unless you are going for full recruitment, it generally won't matter-Any unit you consistently use will get permanently recruited, with Czene and Clifford being the exception ones I can think of right now.

Edited by Benice

27 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Esteban and Czene are the only ones that I'd say are cryptic. Esteban because (as far as I recall) they never tell you to bring him to chapter 6-main, and Czene because she requires Reese to talk to her in chapter 2... even though there's no talk command, they talk if they wait next to each other. That's weird, I've got to admit. Perceval is also a bit questionable, but the game does hint at it, if rather vagely.

At the start of chapter 6, there is a scene in the Kingfisher where Marybelle suggests to Ward to take that loser Esteban along if they need more help.

No such thing for Czene, but she is basically required if you want that mission to go anywhere since at that point she is the only one who can move through forests without being slowed down and reveal all the enemies with Hide. I'm not sure how else you could possibly secure the horses.

Edited by BrightBow

3 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

No such thing for Czene, but she is basically required if you want that mission to go anywhere since she is the only one who can move through forests without being slowed down. I'm not sure how else you could possibly secure the horses otherwise.

I was talking about her recruitment. Ohhhhh, wait, that's right! I just remembered, the game tells you to talk to the chapter 2 squad to trigger special events! That's fine, then.

Of course, there's no defending her promotion. Even if she's a good option for the map, a player might still screw themselves out of her events by escaping instead of seizing.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

A man that hates Kaga games playing one? Huh, that's new.

I guess one can only take so much Berwick shilling before wanting to see what the hype's all about.

...Not gonna lie, I am rather happy, myself. Seeing so many people at least willing to give the game a chance makes me feel all cheery.

Welp... attempt 2 of chapter 21 BC (before cheese- meaning before I give up and resort to cheese). The plan this time is to not send Allen charging forward alone with a sword equipped. Top tier strats I know.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Finally! 2021 will start off good! I hope.

DRAGGY YOU’VE JYNXED US ALL!!!!!!!1!!!1!!11!!

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

I googled ''i6 sse4'' and saw it available under my processor hence used that one

So process of elimination, essentially.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

To be fair, it looks more complicated than it is. Most characters get there automatically if you just use them.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

There may be requirements, but unless you are going for full recruitment, it generally won't matter-Any unit you consistently use will get permanently recruited,

That sounds promising. I just want to make sure since i know Kaga is allergic to explaining things.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

A man that hates Kaga games playing one? Huh, that's new.

58 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I guess one can only take so much Berwick shilling before wanting to see what the hype's all about.

I want to see if the man is capable of making a good game more than once.

It's emulation anyway, i lose nothing if i end up not liking it. Well, i might lose my patience but you know what i mean.

3 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Welp... attempt 2 of chapter 21 BC (before cheese- meaning before I give up and resort to cheese). The plan this time is to not send Allen charging forward alone with a sword equipped. Top tier strats I know.

Want a pro tip? Use your fliers to ferry everyone across the mountain range and drop them off right around the village. You can't do that for the horse units so put them in the tile right before the southern edge of that mountain (i think that's right before the reinforcement zone) and then the following turn, just have them ride to the village. You should avoid the first set of reinforcements that way.

20 minutes ago, Armagon said:

That sounds promising. I just want to make sure since i know Kaga is allergic to explaining things.

Understandable. Well, there are a few cryptic things in this game, but it's far, far less and also less impactful than in other Kaga games. If you want, you can keep the Recruitment and Promotion guides handy. Those are the only one's you'll need. Well, and the tactics points requirements for Reese's promotion, but there's a link to that from the promotion guide.

1 hour ago, BrightBow said:

It's a good idea to start out by changing the default settings. They are... questionable.
And to always take a look at the Tactical Hints on the mission screen.

I second this. Attack ranges aren't even enabled by default. Kaga, why?