• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I have no idea what an emotional shake weight is.

For context, it's a shitter handheld emotional roller coaster. đŸ˜›

17 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Whoa... what have I walked into? Mad house? Insane Asylum? Obviously, considering the occupants. Xd

We're all mad here, lightcosmo.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

@Dayni I’m switching to Gerik x Tethys

I was not expecting that to happen in mere hours, what happened?

Edited by Dayni

51 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You only have to move Reese to her and press "capture", Benice! Where was Reese, Benice?! Taking a nap, Benice!? Why wasn't Reese throwing nets, BENICE?!

He was throwing nets! Just... On Lynette instead of Minas.

Minas was way behind Theodore, who I already had my hands full with.

5IPsXgt.png

>Danger Lines

>Enemy Ranges

>Support, Effective Damage and Critical Markers

C4kUcgK.png

>All Stats in Menu

>Recruiting done

>Event Based Reinforcements and promotions done

Nice Nice. The last few hours of looking through community scripts were worth it!

Edited by Shrimperor

Spent the entire day getting back to Friends of Mineral Town now that a good wind blows in IRL politics again.

Spoiler

I stopped like two days before the 13th of Autumn, just before the winery event to keep Cliff my will-be boyfriend from leaving town, the game outright tells you to look for him now. And I read they added a new event so that he'll permanently return to town the next Spring even if he left in the Winter. I failed, just barely, to get him to the Green Heart phase before the Moonlight Night festival. I've stopped giving him gifts for now, since I don't want to rush into marriage just yet. 

And, I hired the Nature Sprites at last, they do too good of a job of mitigating agriculture management. All you need is to plow and seed, plus maybe a little handpicking and watering of whatever areas of the field they might not have done. I can't recognize what a fully grown Azuki Bean plant looks like, because 2 Sprites set to watering and 1 to harvesting meant my 4 Carrots, 2 Eggplant, 4 Bell Pepper, 2 Azuki Beans, 2 Chile Peppers, 2 Yams crops were all automatically taken care of, even though the Sprites had next to no experience on the job. This is soooooooo liberating given the sheer amount of time fieldwork can take up, but I can see how people might not like it. 

I stopped playing right on the last day of Fall, though I failed to reap all of my Grass despite staying up past 2:00 AM ingame to go at it. Though I've 808 units of fodder now, so my barn of soon to be 7 animals is well-stocked. I upgraded the Coop after the winery event, because apparently Gotz might be to blame for a glitch that prevents you from getting that event. No 2nd incubator in the upgraded coop, looks like my better Chickens are all going to be brown with my current luck, though if I really want to keep some white ones, I can always sell some excess brown chickens. Now I'm saving lumber and material stone for the Barn upgrade.

I just barely squeezed in enough experience for the mystile upgrade for my hammer before the changing to Winter, where I'll need my hammer every day for the sake of mining, considering that and fishing are all there is in Winter to do to waste your stamina and earn money. Also, I spent ~10000 gold to bet for enough medals to buy the Power Berry from the Autumn Horse Derby, and yet I end the season at over 50k in money. Not that 50k is a whole lot when that 10 million gold house exists, part of me wants to play for so long that I could buy it.

On an unrelated note, someone did some scrounging on European retail sites, they found this.:

S6oxu3Dl.jpg

Is Square Enix finally bringing the DQH I-II bundle outside of Japan? It released on Switch back in 2017, I had given up on this. If they are bringing it over, I'll bite for this no problemo!

For a game I know thats coming out soon, I just stumbled on three reviews: a 7, a 9, and one that was positive but had no number-rating, for Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin. I've seen images of the game before, it has a traditional Japanese aesthetic, and you play as an arrogant banished goddess fighting demons and cultivating rice. A nice action-farm sim hybrid. Sounds like the presentation is a little bothersome, the text is too small and on ill-chosen backgrounds, and the farming is a bit iffy because there are no clearly-defined square plots of land, no squares means you can mess up the placement of rice seed and other issues. A patch could hopefully correct these problems, because I think I'll consider picking up the game later, now that I'm back in the virtual agriculture swing of things.

The choice to let you cultivate only rice, and to make it a laborious, intensive process, is different from the usual SoS-styled farming game, but I like the sound of it. Because it does feel more realistic than a rudimentary  "plant, water once a day, pick at the end" system. That does work if you're like me and all you're growing is a few tomato plants in your backyard during the spring and summer, but the intensive horticulturalist and definitely for the farmer, plant management should require significantly more work than 3 easy steps. 

41 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

>All Stats in Menu

>Recruiting done

Nice Nice. The last few hours of looking through community scripts were worth it!

Would you mind sharing the links to those plugins if you still have 'em?

7 hours ago, Ottservia said:

I kinda wanna persona 5 royal again or just a persona game in general really

My apologies if my calculated evangelization is annoying to you, but...

you could consider Devil Survivor 2. Some have compared its Fate levels system to Social Links/Confidants. However, you will NOT have in Devil Survivor 2:

• School, part time jobs, recreational activities. Hard to do any of these when the buildings have likely lost electricity and running water, or worse have become a pile of rubble because of technical issues arising from the ongoing apocalypse. I've never played a P3 or later Persona, but I imagine the absence of these things would make Devil Survivor 2 more fast-paced in terms of overall feel.
  • Personas. You just summon demons via an app instead, technically, everyone does have two demons unlockable from the Fate levels, but they didn't bother to give them any new art.
  • The Velvet Room and psychological themes. These simply do not exist. And given you personally love themes, I'll say this game doesn't exactly put themes in the forefront either, other than simply trying to survive what's happening to the world.

It could be insufficiently Persona for you, I do not know, but it could be alright. I would skip the first Devil Survivor in your case, because it doesn't have Fate levels.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

My apologies if my calculated evangelization is annoying to you, but...

you could consider Devil Survivor 2. Some have compared its Fate levels system to Social Links/Confidants. However, you will NOT have in Devil Survivor 2:

• School, part time jobs, recreational activities. Hard to do any of these when the buildings have likely lost electricity and running water, or worse have become a pile of rubble because of technical issues arising from the ongoing apocalypse. I've never played a P3 or later Persona, but I imagine the absence of these things would make Devil Survivor 2 more fast-paced in terms of overall feel.
  • Personas. You just summon demons via an app instead, technically, everyone does have two demons unlockable from the Fate levels, but they didn't bother to give them any new art.
  • The Velvet Room and psychological themes. These simply do not exist. And given you personally love themes, I'll say this game doesn't exactly put themes in the forefront either, other than simply trying to survive what's happening to the world.

It could be insufficiently Persona for you, I do not know, but it could be alright. I would skip the first Devil Survivor in your case, because it doesn't have Fate levels.

I’m waiting til SMT V releases to jump down that rabbit hole but thanks for the suggestion.

Deciding between Persona 5 Royal and Devil Survivor 2 is really hard, although I would go for latter due to its gameplay for being tactical roundbased. Both have an excellent story and character cast. Another pro for latter, it's way shorter. Not gonna lie at least 20 hours of dialogues in Persona 5 Royal could have been cut for being embemllished.

9 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

That one's on me, because at one point, I completely forgot to take screenshots, and so a very large part of the game was just missing.
And after that, it kinda slipped my mind that I made one, I must confess.

I also discovered that you were correct when you said that action games don't translate too well to screenshot LPs, since playing and making screenshots at the same time is harder than it is in, say, Fire Emblem or other turn-based, "slower paced" games.

Yeah, that's the answer I was thinking of. Action games can't be represented in screenshots, and doing a screenshot LP of a PS4 or Switch game is extremely effortful for forcing to use social media as cache for the screenshots. I noticed it when I did a blind ironman of Three Houses. Thankfully the protagonist died in chapter 3. I always wanted to a screenshot LP of Devil Survivor 2, but 3DS games couldn't be screenshoted in an easy way. I could used DeSume for playing this, but it would be at cost of the sound and gameplay since it lags horribly. Not as bad a PS2 emulator, but still that bad it would slow the game massively.

Nice to hear about a really positive moment for one of the CS games. Glad you enjoyed it.

I wouldn't say it's a fantastic game so far, but it has had its surprising as great moments. Unlike III it motivates me to play it further.

10 hours ago, Sooks said:

I mean I might may play Trails one day... maybe. Twilit says I should. But anyway, I know I might one day and I just... didn’t read it.

If Falcom games go on sale again, I would buy Sky FC for you. The entire Sky triology would be obtainable for less than 50 $ together.

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Thanks!

Good news, TH fans! Ch. 18 and 19 were pretty good! (Well, 19 is good. I had to restart because of an Oager crit.) Or, I think 18 was. I accidentally ended the map early, but it was looking okay. Except for Linhardt critting three green units, but whatever. If the next few chapters are also good, it may sort of redeem it to the point where I'd...Well, probably actually like the cast at least.

Screenshot_20201109-231051.png?width=391

I always figured this was the case but like

XC2_Gorg_Artwork.png?width=315&height=43

I meeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaan even if it wasn't intentional, Gorg Xenoblade definitly gives off JoJo vibes.

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

It’s the end of the chapter... the literal last enemy...... Franz got hit by an 8% crit. What the.... why..........

tenor_72.gif

Honestly, i would've just let him stay dead. I would be like "Franz, if i were you, i would simply have not gotten hit by that".

6 hours ago, Benice said:

shhhh she is cute

Me when people tell me Sophia FE6 is one of the worst units in the game.

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

C4kUcgK.png

>All Stats in Menu

>Recruiting done

"Hmmmm who should be recruitable on this first map. I know! Death itself".

Real talk tho, would be interesting seeing a monster enemy actually recruitable. A Frankenstein's Monster deal where everyone thinks he just this savage beast but he's actually really chill.

52 minutes ago, Benice said:

If the next few chapters are also good, it may sort of redeem it to the point where I'd...Well, probably actually like the cast at least.

Oh no.. ohnoohnoohnoohnoohnoohnoohno

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Honestly, i would've just let him stay dead. I would be like "Franz, if i were you, i would simply have not gotten hit by that".

Wait that’s illegal. Real talk though I refuse to leave anyone dead on my first play throughs of fe games, and I’ve only ever left two units dead period. I do want to ironman fe6 and fe7 at some point, though.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Me when people tell me Sophia FE6 is one of the worst units in the game.

And me when people tell me Nino fe7 is one of the worst units.

Also GQh4x18.mp4

yes hand reveal I know how scandalous

Oh no.. ohnoohnoohnoohnoohnoohnoohno

Wat?

yes hand reveal I know how scandalous

Image is as dead as Dead Hand right nao, sadly.

Just now, Benice said:

Image is as dead as Dead Hand right nao, sadly.

Wait I don’t know how to fix that. What if I just... GQh4x18.mp4

Post it again!

Just now, Benice said:

Wat?

Uhhhhhh... *sweats in chapter 21*