Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I mean, you do realize that she’s not like that all the time, right?

I've read about ten-twelve supports and she's been exactly the same in all of them.

And you do understand why she acts the way she does? She’s not prickly for the sake of it.

I mean, the same can be said about Sylvain.

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Yo. Whatcha planning this time? Class-wise.

First time using Riesz, Hawkeye, and Angela, I've decided on Starlancer, Ninja Master, and Archmage.

And me being myself, I couldn't help but think of future playthroughs that I wouldn't start for months at the earliest.

• I haven't done Duran & Angela as the main duo yet, so I'd pick them, and... Charlotte for a Secret of Mana imitation team? If I did that, then Liege, Magus, and High Cleric. I can tell High Cleric is bad (it wishes it had a revive spell, or auto-revive, something to be more uniquely supportive), but I've already used Necromancer. The premise would be overkill healing so Angela could freely use Wound Magic and Wound Magic All. With the exception of Dark, Charlotte could apply Sabers to Duran, who would be the only one in need of them on this team, making Saber+ unnecessary.
  • For a fourth, "Men of Mana" playthrough, I'd definitely use Edelfrei again to Saber+ everyone, since everyone would be going melee (though slots on the item ring aren't overly precious, I could go the less optimal Duelist instead and consume some Faerie Walnuts). Kevin goes Warrior Monk for Healing Light+. Hawkeye picks Nomad for Nature Aura and Moon Energy.
  • For a fifth, "Women of Mana" playthrough, Fenrir Knight for a debuff Riesz (I'll just have to swap her costume). Charlotte wouldn't need Dark Curse with Riesz going dark, so I'll try Warlock instead (though that Necromancer class passive means Warlock probably can't outdamage it). Angela could do whatever she wanted, maybe Rune Seer.

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Great taste right here! Amazing game with great gameplay (although imo Zero Mission is better).

It's been a long time since I played either, but I might prefer Fusion. Zero Mission's bosses are a little too easy, and I just don't remember it being as fun.

42 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I found this screenshot from one of the older Rune Factory games. I think it's 3.

669cb13.jpg?width=583&height=432

Correct, it's RF3.

36 minutes ago, Benice said:

Fun fact, through seven playthroughs of this game, I've never used Ivaldi, the S rank light tome, and I've only used Latona once.

Alright GBA spell animation, but otherwise it's kinda bad as an ultimate weapon. Bishops should never touch it, because Ivaldi has only a 2x damage multiplier on monsters, whereas the class's skill Slayer is 3x and gets overwritten by the tome.

27 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Who will win? A next gen console more powerful than ever before?

Or...

One poorly optimized boi?

Ah, laziness/incompetence. Sorry devs of the world, a 10 petaflops per second computer won't automatically make your game run at 60 fps. You have to put your nose to grindstone to fit your game for each and every console you put it on, if you skip on this, the game will skip.

Hopefully there won't be too many instances of inexplicably unoptimized stuff running amok on the new systems, but you know some is assured to happen. 

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

I mean, the same can be said about Sylvain.

Except she actually changes from support to support. Take Byleth x Lysithea for example. She becomes more and more open and pleasant with each support convo.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

For a fifth, "Women of Mana" playthrough, Fenrir Knight for a debuff Riesz (I'll just have to swap her costume). Charlotte wouldn't need Dark Curse with Riesz going dark, so I'll try Warlock instead (though that Necromancer class passive means Warlock probably can't outdamage it). Angela could do whatever she wanted, maybe Rune Seer.

If it's any consolation, her Tier 4 Dark class is less skimpier. It still is to a point, but not as much. Though I figure you'll still want to swap it out.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

44 minutes ago, Benice said:

Fun fact, through seven playthroughs of this game, I've never used Ivaldi, the S rank light tome, and I've only used Latona once.

but used the trainees every time right

42 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

On the subject of recruitments, this one still baffles me... lol

I mean, doing stuff like this is kinda SRW's bread and butter, but still, HIM of all people...?

Where was the recruitment?

Also nice animations.

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Except she actually changes from support to support. Take Byleth x Lysithea for example. She becomes more and more open and pleasant with each support convo.

And then you get her C support with Ignatz...

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

The problem is the resetting personalities by support. It can happen to basically any character. Her having an A-support with Byleth doesn't make her nice to Ignatz, for example. Or anyone else, for that matter.

A support with character X: "You're right, my friend! I must overcome my flaw of lack of self-confidence!"

C support immediately afterwards with character Y: "Oh man, I really failed! I am a failed failure who fails even at failing! LEAVE ME ALONE! I'M SCUM!"

Having one redeeming support doesn't really help all that much when every other support fails to show such change. This isn't a Lysithea-exclusive problem, but it's not one she's exempt from either.

Edited by Benice

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Where was the recruitment?

Also nice animations.

Oh, the event itself is here:

Though the full significance of him joining is lost unless you're familiar with Zeta Gundam. Of his and that other person's recruitment.

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

The problem is the resetting personalities by support. It can happen to basically any character. Her having an A-support with Byleth doesn't make her nice to Ignatz, for example. Or anyone else, for that matter.

The problem with that is the idea that each support chain takes place in order. A more accurate way of thinking of them would be that all the C supports take place around the same time and so on.

That would explain why a character's personality develops or changes over the course of each chain at the same time.

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

The problem with that is the idea that each support chain takes place in order. A more accurate way of thinking of them would be that all the C supports take place around the same time and so on.

That would explain why a character's personality develops or changes over the course of each chain at the same time.

It's still very jarring though. But honestly, this is just a fundamental problem with how the series has been handling it's supports post-Awakening, Echoes exempted.

That's not how it works in practice, though, and the characters don't change over the main plot, aside from some of them during the timeskip, and it doesn't really ever overhaul any given character. Unless the devs make supports occur in events or only would let them occur at certain times, then it can't be assumed what order you're supposed to read supports in.

Plus, you get characters at different times, so it wouldn't make sense for, say, Lorenz to undergo character development with his classmates then undo that character in his C-support with Manuela, (who joins later on) because it was supposed to happen at the same time as the other C-supports. (I don't even know if they support, but that is beside the point.)

I hope they ditch supports as we know 'em and use passive supports again, and use Berwick-style character events running alongside the plot instead of away from it.

And that is reason no. 15267384 about why I think we shouldn't have a ton of supports!

Edited by Benice

Just now, Armagon said:

It's still very jarring though. But honestly, this is just a fundamental problem with how the series has been handling it's supports post-Awakening, Echoes exempted.

Fair enough. I guess it depends on how each person thinks of the supports, whether or not they take them individually or as a whole.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

And that is reason no. 15267384 about why I think we shouldn't have a ton of supports!

I mean, I'd agree that having quality supports should be priority over having a high quantity of supports.

As long as FE never goes back to the GBA or FE10 level of supports, I'll be happy. FE9 did them quite well.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I found this screenshot from one of the older Rune Factory games. I think it's 3.

669cb13.jpg?width=583&height=432

Man thinks he's Anakin Skywalker.

Speaking of, I wonder how the heck Micah was conceived, seeing as even in a world where demihumans exist, one that's half-sheep is... not something you see every day, to say the least.  Then again, it'd probably scramble my brain thinking about it.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

I mean, I'd agree that having quality supports should be priority over having a high quantity of supports.

Eh, I don't think support quantity=/= support quality. Look at the GBA games. Or path of radiance but that's just me being a salty elitist.

I think that there should be fewer supports because having a lot means that:

1. A smaller proportion of them will be really interesting.
  2. They make even good characters repeat more than they should.
  3. They have to make support bonuses weaker.
  4. A lot more time is spent not really playing the game.

Overall, I think having too many supports weakens characters, both good and bad ones.

3 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Speaking of, I wonder how the heck Micah was conceived, seeing as even in a world where demihumans exist, one that's half-sheep is... not something you see every day, to say the least.  Then again, it'd probably scramble my brain thinking about it.

I mean, sheep (well, Woolies) are still mammals, no? Same equipment, just saying...

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You mean the ones that don't exist? Haha gottem.

One of the few flaws in a nearly perfect game.

salty elitist.

Why tho?

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Overall, I think having too many supports weakens characters, both good and bad ones.

I can agree with that.

Or path of radiance but that's just me being a salty elitist.

PoR supports are actually feel like conversations and can be somewhat interesting, while a lot of the GBAFE supports I've read feel so, so empty to me. Granted, I'd probably rate GBAFE as my least favorite games in the series, so I'm hella biased.

1 minute ago, Spara said:

PoR supports are actually feel like conversations and can be somewhat interesting, while a lot of the GBAFE supports I've read feel so, so empty to me. Granted, I'd probably rate GBAFE as my least favorite games in the series, so I'm hella biased.

No, you're definitely right. GBA FE supports are little more than what RD did for its supports. They're more like battlefield chats than actual conversations.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Why tho?

BECAUSE FE9 BAD

1 minute ago, Spara said:

I mean, FE9 is my least favorite game ever, (It's not even close) so I can't pretend to be unbiased.

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

One of the few flaws in a nearly perfect game.

tbh I feel like RD mostly stood up due to FE9 existing, so I would like a remake let it stand on its own two legs more. Not entirely, but a little more.

I would say there never was a "golden age" of supports. Some people enjoy FE6's, but for quite a few others they're too dull on the whole. FE7 has duds, FE8 has duds, FE9 has duds. And we know every subsequent game had duds too. There has been good ones the same in every game, but that doesn't negate the existence of the bad.

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

And that's one (more) thing SRW will have over FE. No need to worry over stuff like that.

True, if from what I've seen is of the OG stuff is representative of the true SRW, you don't need supports when so much mandatory banter exists. It's a wholly different approach to things.

3 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Except, Micah's Wooly form is pure Wooly, not demihuman, and he has no demihuman features. So...

...why are you making me think Micah's human parent engaged in consensual bestiality at this hour of the night? 🤢

I need an excuse to negate this vivid imagery in my head. So sure, Micah might have had a 100% Wooly no demihuman parent, but I have to imagine they had a spell/potion used on them that made them humanoid for the duration of the conception if the Wooly was the male, or conception + pregnancy if the Wooly was the female. There, that saves me.

I mean, FE9 is my least favorite game ever, (It's not even close) so I can't pretend to be unbiased.

What did FE9 do to you? I don't remember the game having that many edgelords...

Just now, Benice said:

BECAUSE FE9 BAD

But does it really warrant saltiness or elitism? *tsk tsk*

For shame. Salty elitism is forbidden in this domain.

tbh I feel like RD mostly stood up due to FE9 existing, so I would like a remake let it stand on its own two legs more. Not entirely, but a little more.

Meaning...?